• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Can you name just ten true Born again Biblically correct TV preachers in the US of America?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

One of my favorite preachers is Charles Stanley. He preachers from the bible with truth and sincerity.
I watch his sermons from intouch.org and find them uplifting.

Another preacher I like is Mark Driscoll; he speaks passionately from the bible.
Some may find him hard to cope with. He speaks right down the line and I find him uplifting.

Rad

Many believers can be trusted with money. They have money but not the love of money.

What is the 'false materialism' you say Joel Osten preaches? I have heard others say this before so I made a point of watching him a few times. He emphasized faith, and encouragement to believers. Not only concerning their material things but in their victorious walk with God. He placed more emphasis on it than I would, but that didn't make him a false teacher. What false views of Jesus Christ does he have and teach? I praise God so many attend with a Bible in their hand.

No, you didn't hit a nerve. I've heard this before.

(1 Tim. 4:3) says 'sound teaching'. I guess it would apply to Joel Osten if you considered what he taught not 'sound teaching'. But 'sound teaching' covers a lot of area.

Quantrill
Seems to me that many "believers" can't be trusted with money, if they don't love it , then why not give it away to the poor and suffering, for how many times will we turn away from Christ before he turns away from us, ALL that man values is an abomination in the eyes of God, ....... and what do men love more than money and the power and pleasures it bestows,.... understand, you CANNOT serve God and Mammon.

Active
Seems to me that many "believers" can't be trusted with money, if they don't love it , then why not give it away to the poor and suffering, for how many times will we turn away from Christ before he turns away from us, ALL that man values is an abomination in the eyes of God, ....... and what do men love more than money and the power and pleasures it bestows,.... understand, you CANNOT serve God and Mammon.
Why haven't you given away your computer? Sell it and give the money to the poor. Why do you serve mammon?

Quantrill

Staff Member
Why haven't you given away your computer? Sell it and give the money to the poor. Why do you serve mammon?

Quantrill
If replies on this thread are snappy and provocative like this one then the thread will quickly break down into unneccessary argument.

Please post in peace and love looking to the Lord to guide your words.

Blessings

Rad

Quantrill
Because my friend, i am a miserable sinner, but as in all things the first step is to recognise the sin and then try, with the help of God, to rectify it, we will never be free of sin, but it seems to me that Grace is bestowed by how hard we try, but maybe my computer should be way down the list of things i could sell and give the money to those in need, for it enables me to address issues of injustice and suffering , to converse with others i would never otherwise meet and to learn about and perhaps even sow the seeds of Gods Love and compassion in hopefully fertile ground in this Dark and Suffering World.