• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can you Lose Your Salvation?

This is a question I have pondered for a while now, as I said in my intro post I have not had very many good dealings with churches. My question to you all is this.

Can you lose your salvation? I have heard this many different ways. Some have told me its all what you believe, but that seems wrong to me. The bible is supposed to be 100% correct and unfaltering. I don't mean to say anything against the word, that is not my intention. I'm asking simply what exactly does the word say.

I asked Jesus to save me when I was a lot younger, does this hold to now, and I am just considered a questioning christian. Or because of straying from his word did I lose my salvation.

Thank you ahead of time
~Rabbit

Hello Little rabbit,
Glad to meet ya. I hope u will find many friends here at Jesus talks.
Yes there might be a way to lose salvation.

The only way any that any blood bought born again believer in the fact that they called on Jesus to save them as Lord
can lose their salvation is that right now one must go to the heavens and destroy all the streets of gold.
Then after that bad that individual must destroy all the angels at Holy Gods command.
Then after that feat the last thing the individual must do is take on Holy God himself.
This is impossible so any individual who called out to Jesus for salvation by repentance cannot and will not lose their salvation it would be a paradox in the face of God’s holy word and the payment of mans sin by the blood of his dear son Jesus Christ!
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

PS. Everytime I print my story above I shed tears of Joy for mywonderful Savior the Lord Jesus Christ!

Last edited:
This is a question I have pondered for a while now, as I said in my intro post I have not had very many good dealings with churches. My question to you all is this.

Can you lose your salvation? I have heard this many different ways. Some have told me its all what you believe, but that seems wrong to me. The bible is supposed to be 100% correct and unfaltering. I don't mean to say anything against the word, that is not my intention. I'm asking simply what exactly does the word say.

I asked Jesus to save me when I was a lot younger, does this hold to now, and I am just considered a questioning christian. Or because of straying from his word did I lose my salvation.

Thank you ahead of time
~Rabbit

My friend Jesus has not let go of you.
The Father is simply waiting for your return ring and robe in hand.
:shade:

Jesus taught us this lesson here:

Luk 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
Luk 15:12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
Luk 15:13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
Luk 15:14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
Luk 15:15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
Luk 15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
Luk 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
Luk 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
Luk 15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
Luk 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
Luk 15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
Luk 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
Luk 15:23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
Luk 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Luk 15:25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
Luk 15:26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
Luk 15:27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
Luk 15:28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
Luk 15:29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
Luk 15:30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
Luk 15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
Luk 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Thank you both, and the scripture really helped Boanerges I wish I could figure out where to look for things in the bible. Guess I start on page one and go from there.

Active

RJ

If someone does something similar to what it says to do in Romans 10: 8-13 and recieves the lord as thier personal savior, it is a done deal!
<SUP class=versenum id=en-NIV-5735></SUP>
<SUP class=versenum>6</SUP> Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

<SUP>8</SUP> The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

<SUP>5</SUP> No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Joshua 1:5

<SUP class=versenum id=en-NIV-30231>5</SUP>Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."Hebrews 15.5

And that is no matter what you have done or might do.

The only sin attributal to man's spiritual death is the sin of ubelief!

Last edited:
Thank you both, and the scripture really helped Boanerges I wish I could figure out where to look for things in the bible. Guess I start on page one and go from there.

It takes time my friend. Start reading the New Testament until you get a clear understanding of it. As you read ask the Holy Spirit (our Teacher, our Guide, our constant Companion) to tell you what it means and how to apply it to your life today.

A few helpful facts for New Testament reading:
Jesus Christ came to seek and save the lost. He preached mostly to practicing Jews and lost people. His parables will come to life as you begin to understand who you are in Christ.

The Book of Acts is the birth of the church.

The letters that follow (the Epsitles) are were the church gets her government, her doctrines (beliefs) and is a love letter from God to us.

The Book of Revelations is an interesting read and promises a blessing for those who do. However, do not try to understand it in to much detail until you have gotten a grasp on what it means to be in Christ.

Spend time talking to God (prayer), tell Him whats on your heart and learn to include Him in every area of your life (school, chores, play, etc).

Spend some time in worship. I liken worship to pouring two wines in the same glass until one is completely permeated by the other. We pour out our hearts in love and He pours out His. This is an intimate form of communion and we will be doing this for quite some time when we get promoted to heaven.

The more you get to know God the more wonderful He is.

These truths are established in the heavens by God almighty himself made available to us through the promise of his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, God the Son!

I asked Jesus to save me when I was a lot younger, does this hold to now, and I am just considered a questioning christian. Or because of straying from his word did I lose my salvation?

Little Rabbit, let me relay a teaching that I heard years ago from a pastor I respect a great deal:

God is The Great Fisherman. A fish (you) takes the bait (receives Jesus as Lord and Savior) but, as fish are prone to do, it starts to run the other way. Being the skilled and patient fisherman He is,God lets the fish run untll it begins to tire. When the fish is finished going through what it has to go through and stops to rest, He sees that the line has gone slack. He pulls back on the fishing rod, sets the hook in the fish's mouth, and begins to reel it in. That fish was "caught" from the moment it took the bait, but, a process of events had to take place for it to be brought into the boat. Catching the fish, then, was both an event and a process.

Its the same with salvation. Salvation is both an event AND a process. In Philippians 2:12-13, Paul told the church at Philippi (and us) to "work out (develop) your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God at work in you to will and at act according to His good pleasure." As we grow in our relationship with Christ with the aid of the Holy Spirit, our salvation develops and bears fruit.

So, keep going and keep growing, Little Rabbit, and we'll meet in Paradise.

SLE

Last edited:
If you are truly saved (e.g. you have accepted Christ your savior into your heart and bowed the knee to the Father and not to darkness), then there is only one way to lose your salvation permanently. The one and only way to lose your salvation is to blaspheme the Holy Ghost, as stated in Matthew 12:31-32, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." Once you commit blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, you are blotted out of the lamb's book of life...forever! Also, if you feel that you have gone astray and are not completely committed to your faith, you can always ask the Father to forgive you in prayer and ask that he welcome you with open arms as his child. Salvation is simple-believe that Christ has died, he is risen, and that he is coming again. Believe that, and you will go to heaven! Hope to see you there someday!

Can you lose your salvation?

My view is that you can lose your salvation. Paul expressed "Demas hath forsaken me....having loved this present evil world" 2Tim 4:10

We are saved......just as long as we stay saved........"He that followeth me..........."....Jesus said. We must keep following. Such is the only garantee that we will achieve that "Well done ...good and faithful servant"

Love to you....in Jesus

Active

RJ

Can you lose your salvation?

My view is that you can lose your salvation. Paul expressed "Demas hath forsaken me....having loved this present evil world" 2Tim 4:10

We are saved......just as long as we stay saved........"He that followeth me..........."....Jesus said. We must keep following. Such is the only garantee that we will achieve that "Well done ...good and faithful servant"

Love to you....in Jesus

With all due respect,could you provide some scripture that supports that view.

For me, a Christian who is once saved, who truly is indwelt with God's Sprit and God says He will never leave for any reason, I see no reason to believe that one can lose your salvation.

Once you are born again, your are saved for all eternity, in fact, God's says that we are in the heavenly's seated with Christ already.

Eternity is for keeps!

If you are truly saved (e.g. you have accepted Christ your savior into your heart and bowed the knee to the Father and not to darkness), then there is only one way to lose your salvation permanently. The one and only way to lose your salvation is to blaspheme the Holy Ghost, as stated in Matthew 12:31-32, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." Once you commit blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, you are blotted out of the lamb's book of life...forever! Also, if you feel that you have gone astray and are not completely committed to your faith, you can always ask the Father to forgive you in prayer and ask that he welcome you with open arms as his child. Salvation is simple-believe that Christ has died, he is risen, and that he is coming again. Believe that, and you will go to heaven! Hope to see you there someday!

For the sake of ignorant souls, how does one blaspheme against the Holy Ghost?

Hi LittleRabbit! I'm new here and just thought I'd join in, if that's ok. :) They are correct. The answer is no, you can't lose something that Jesus Himself has already paid for. You have been purchased by the blood of the Lamb. Jesus said He would not lose even one of His sheep.

SpiritLedEd....I loved your fish analogy!

Just in case one might be thinking that I am being sarcastic, I am not. In the Scriptures when Jesus said this, it was after the pharisees and the like had said that Jesus performs His works by the power of darkness. So that's one big blaspheme right there... Are there any others?

(Matt 12:24 [ESV])
But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.”

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
By grace (unmerited favor) through faith (simple child like trust and belief)

Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

He is more than able to keep you
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
It is He who called you and He who loves to shower mercy upon you.

Some come by love, some by fear. Those who walk close to the Father's heart do so by love and have no fear of loosing their salvation. Such a one trusts (walks in faith in) absolutely in his Lord and has no fear for perfect love casts out all fear. God Himself is love and that salvation is the gift of love. Those who dependent not upon themselves (and their works) but are in total submission to and dependence on their heavenly Father will never loose His promise.
Such a one as as these abide in the Vine and are daily permeated by the life of that very Vine. This life of God flows in and through all they touch and do literally causing growth, blooming and producing of fruit. The fragrance of His love is readily apparent in their every word. The works have always been His and can be done only as His strength, His life and His will are expressed through that willing branch.
If you are willing to trust the Father you will never loose what you have committed to His hand.
1Jn 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

1Jn 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
1Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

<hr>
Psa 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

You see, WangLili, the Pharisees claimed that Jesus casted out demons through the power of Satan, not the power of God. Right then and there they blasphemed the power of the Holy Ghost because they associated Jesus with Satan and not with God. You see, the only way to actually blaspheme the Holy Ghost (or even the Father or the Son, for that matter) is to deliberately do it from the heart. For example, a person may claim that Christ is not coming back again. They have blasphemed the Holy Ghost and bowed the knee to the darkness of this world---and there is no getting them back.

For the sake of ignorant souls, how does one blaspheme against the Holy Ghost?

"But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, 'It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow (Jesus) casts out demons.'"
(Mt 12:24 NIV)

The Pharisees referred to in this quote are commiting the unforgiveable sin of Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit; intentionally giving Satan credit for the miracles performed by the Holy Spirit in their campaign to discredit Jesus.

SLE

"The LORD is my strength and song,.is become my sal

It Is Written, in Pslams118:14
"The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation."

God bless you all

Dear Stephen,

I beg to differ with you, concerning Demas, because the whole reason that Demas turned back to this present evil world, was proof this present evil world was truly Demas' trust, not Christ, therefore turned back to what he trusted because Demas had NEVER truly WHOLEHEARTEDLY trusted in Jesus and Jesus alone for save him.

Because Jesus showed us why when Jesus promised all true believers in Jesus, when He was answering the truly unbelieving covetous Pharisees, in John 10:27,28

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one.
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

==========

Concerning rabbit's question...if we ever trust in Christ and Christ alone to save us, then we can never lose our Salvation...because in fact Jesus Himself is Our only Lord and Savior and God and King and SALVATION, AND ALL IN ALL. :)

But the reason why so many believers are carnal and backslide left and right in this life is because, by God's Grace alone forever, through true trust in Jesus Christ alone forever, they don't WHOLEHEARTEDLY WILL to forevermore trust and surrender ALL into the Truly Merciful Arms of Jesus.

Therefore, every thing that they don't trust and surrender God and Jesus to direct in their lives becomes a way in which the devil can lead us astray from Christ back into this evil world.

But don't worry...simply trust in Jesus with simple childlike faith for Jesus to both save you and keep you perfectly close to Jesus at all times...and forevermore...and all shall be well

The object of saving faith is Christ alone.
The apostle Peter declared it is through Jesus Christ who was crucified, whom God raised form the dead, in whom "there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
We are not saved by random access faith, but faith that is focused on Christ. Even faith in God does not save us. It is faith in the death of Jesus Christ who died for our sins and rose form the dead. God gives eternal life to those who believe in Jesus Christ.
Let's suppose for a moment that you died today and stood before God. What would you say if He asked to you, "Why should I let you into My heaven?" What do you think you would say?
How would you fill in the blank? Christ plus _________ = eternal life. Christ plus good works? Christ plus my virtue? Christ plus my church membership? Christ plus my faithfulness to the church? Christ plus my trying to live a good Christian life? Christ plus what? Christ plus my baptism by immersion? Christ plus speaking in tongues?
It is none of these. It is faith in Christ's work alone. The moment you add anything thing to the completed work of Christ before, during or after faith in Christ you are saying Christ's work on the Cross was imperfect. Let us be emphatically clear, Christ's work on the cross on our behalf was all-sufficient in the eyes of a righteous God.
Is it my faith that saves me? No, it is not even our faith that saves us. It is believing on Christ that saves us. "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe." If you say that your faith saves you, your faith has become a work, and you have something of which to boast. Faith does not save us. It is through faith in Christ that we are saved. Faith is only the instrument; it is not the cause of our justification. It is the link to the object of saving faith that is Christ and His saving work. Jesus is the righteousness that saves us.
The cause of our justification is the Lord Jesus Christ and all that He has done. We must never put anything, not even faith, in that place. Faith is only the channel through which the righteousness of God becomes mine.
"[God] made Him [Jesus Christ] who new no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).
This righteousness of God is "for all those who believe." God doesn't wait until after we die before deciding whether He is going to save us or not. He doesn't wait until after we have lived this life and then decide whether we have had enough faith, or done enough good works, or were "good enough" to save us. God gives His righteousness to all the very moment they believe on Christ as their Savior. "The righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe" (Romans 3:22). It is God's gift by grace through Jesus Christ.
There are no exceptions because we are all sinners (3:23). The immoral, the self–righeous and the devoutly religious person are all saved the same way. The righteousness of God by faith in Jesus Christ is for all who believe. There is no difference because we all need it. The good news of God's saving grace in Jesus Christ "is the power of God for salvation to every one who believes" (Romans 1:16). God doesn't justify good people, self–righteous or even devoutly religious people. He saves sinners. He justifies people who have fallen short of His glory! He justifies failures.
Paul is not even concerned about the "proof" or genuineness of a believer's salvation. He leaves that up to God. The emphasis in Romans is justification by faith alone. "Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness" (Romans 4:3). "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness" (v. 5). "God reckons righteousness apart form works" (v. 6).
Faith rests entirely and exclusively upon the Lord Jesus Christ and what He has done. Some anonymous poet has written:
<dir> <dir> <dir> <dir> I rest my faith on Him and Him alone
Who died for my transgressions to atone.
</dir> </dir> </dir> </dir> Our placing our faith in Christ is like the priest in the Old Testament laying his hands on the head of the sacrificial animal symbolizing the laying the sins of the people on the animal by faith and saying,
<dir> <dir> <dir> <dir> I lay my sins on Jesus,
The spotless Lamb of God.
</dir> </dir> </dir> </dir> The merit of every work is groundless because faith alone is the means by which a lost sinner receives justification and reconciliation to God. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9). Good works will naturally follow because God works it in the believer from within his new nature. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (v. 10).
Justification does not mean to make righteous, or good, or holy, or upright. The Holy Spirit begins to do this in regeneration and He carries it on in the work of sanctification. He will perfect it in glorification. However, justification does not refer to this renewing and sanctifying grace of God. Justification is simply a declaration or pronouncement respecting the relation of the person to the law.
We are "justified freely by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus" (v. 24).
The Westminster Shorter Catechism says, "Justification is an act of God's free grace, wherein he pardoneth all our sins, and accepth us as righteous in his sight, only for the righteousness of Christ, imputed to us, and received by faith alone."
God declares the believing sinner that he has been made forever right and acceptable to God. This is the sinner's new position before the LORD God. It has been accomplished by God's grace.
Justification "does not simply mean 'just as if I'd never sinned.' That doesn't go far enough! Neither does it mean that God makes me righteous so that I never sin again. It means to be 'declared righteous.' Justification is God's merciful act, whereby He declares righteous the believing sinner while he is still in his sinning state. He sees us in our need, wallowing around in the swamp of our sin. He sees us looking to Jesus Christ and trusting Him completely by faith, to cleanse us from our sin. And though we come to Him with all of our needs and in all of our darkness, God says to us, 'Declared righteous! Forgiven! Pardoned!'" (Charles R. Swindoll, Growing Deep in the Christian Life. p. 238).
Justification is a legal standing with God based upon Christ's death and resurrection and our faith in Him. We are declared to be righteous by God. Therefore, justification is the legal and formal acquittal from guilt by God who is Judge. God pronounces the sinner as righteous, who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.
"Justified" means to declare a person righteous. It is to stand before the bar of God and receive His acquittal based upon faith in Christ alone. Those whom God justifies by faith He freely declares righteous. It is God's gift to the sinner. It is without payment of any kind. It is by grace alone, through faith alone in Christ alone. It is free to us because it is by His grace. That does not mean it is cheap. It is the most expensive gift heaven could give. God gave His Son on our behalf. "He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross" (1 Peter 2:24). The blood of Jesus is precious blood. It is of great value to God the Father. It is held as of a great price, the most precious thing to God. That blood redeems us. "You were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ" (1 Peter 1:18-19). Since it is that precious in God's sight why in the world, do I want to add anything to it? Why would I want to demean it by touching it with my sinful hands? Imputed righteousness is free because it is by His grace. But it is not cheap! The Lord has done it all on our behalf because we could not do it ourselves.
Because the Lord has done all the work on our behalf He can therefore pronounce righteous all who believe on Him. The moment you place your faith in Christ as your savior He declares you righteous. He pronounces the believing sinner "not guilty!" If God therefore pronounces the believing sinner acquitted up front then this imputed righteousness had noting to do with works before, during or after that moment of faith in Christ for salvation. God justifies us freely through faith the very moment we believe on Christ.
No condemnation!
The result of this imputed righteousness is peace with God. "Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1). We have been "reconciled to God" (v. 10). Since we have been reconciled to God through the death of His Son, "there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (8:1). Moreover, our justification can not possibly be a partial justification. It is complete. We stand righteous in the sight of God. God always does a perfect job. I don't need to add anything to it––no works, no baptism, no church membership, no obedience. You can not improve on what God has finished. God did everything that He required to give us a right standing in His sight. Since there is "now no condemnation," there is absolute justification. This is the believer's new standing before God. No wonder there is "peace with God." We are reconciled to God. We are no longer enemies with God (5:10). We are no longer at war with Him. We have His peace.
One perfect person stands between God and us. It is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is our mediator (1 Timothy 2:5). He reconciles us to God by His death. The wrath of God has forever been removed. We no longer stand in fear of His judgment. He has acquitted and forgiven us of all sin forever.
The apostle Paul can ask the most difficult question, "Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies" (Romans 8:33). Who can bring a charge against the believer? What prosecuting attorney can make it stick? No one. Not even Satan himself. God has already declared us acquitted. Is He going to go against His word? Of course not, all our sins are under the blood of Jesus. Every one of them. Christ died and rose again to cover every sin a Christian commits. He is eternally acquitted and justified. God imputes the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ to the believer.
Our future glorification
F. F. Bruce helps us see where God is going with us in the future. Our future is certain because "the difference between sanctification and glory is one of degree only, not one of kind. Sanctification is progressive conformity to the image of Christ here and now (cf. 2 Corinthians 3:18; Colossians 3:10); glory is perfect conformity to the image of Christ there and then. Sanctification is glory begun; glory is sanctification completed."
You can have eternal life right now.
Let's suppose for a moment that I died tonight and stood before the LORD God who is the Supreme Judge of the Universe. No doubt He would ask me, "Wil Pounds, why should I let you into my heaven? You are a guilty sinner. How do you plead?"
My response would be, "I plead guilty, Your Honor."
My advocate, Jesus Christ, who is standing there beside me speaks up for me. He says, "Your Honor. It is true that Wil Pounds is grievous sinner. He is guilty. He deserves eternal punishment for his sinfulness. However, Father, I died for him on the cross and rose from the dead. Wil Pounds has put his faith and trust in Me and all that I have done for him on the Cross. He is a believer. I died for him, and he has accepted Me as his substitute."
The Lord God turns to me and says, "Is that true?"
I will respond to Him, "Yes sir! That is the truth. I am claiming the shed blood of Jesus Christ alone to cleanse me of all my sins. I have put my faith in Jesus to save me for all eternity. This is what You have promised in Your word. Jesus said, 'For God so loved the world (and this includes Wil Pounds), that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'"
The Lord God responds: "Acquitted! By order of this court, I demand that you be set free. The price has been paid by My Son."
The truth is we all "fall short" in our effort to attain a relationship with the holy God. We need someone to rescue us and set us free. That person has to be a substitute for us because sin requires the death penalty. We need someone who is holy and just in the eyes of the LORD God. Only Jesus Christ can satisfy the holy eyes of God. God in His rich mercy toward us sinners provided someone as our substitute. The moment you believe that Jesus died for your sins, you receive an absolutely free gift. All of your sins are completely forgiven and you are eternally justified. God imputes His perfect righteousness to your account. What you need is God's kind of righteousness, not self–righteousness. He credits your spiritual account with His perfect righteousness.
All that is required of you this day to receive the free gift of eternal life is believe on Christ as your personal Savior. Only by believing can a person appropriate the gift of God. Ask Him to save you right now. Believe on Him and you shall be saved.
To believe on Jesus Christ is to be aware of the truth that Christ died for your sins and to accept that truth and commit yourself to it. There is the element of trust, committal, obedience and abandonment to what you believe.
In faith we receive and rest upon Christ alone for salvation. Faith is to trust in a person, the person of Christ, the Son of God and Savior of the lost. Faith is not something that merits favor with God. The essence of faith is to bring the lost sinner, dead in his trespasses and sins into direct personal contact with the Savior, Jesus Christ. It is not faith that saves, but Christ that saves through faith. Faith unites us to Christ. Christ saves us. If you will believe on Him you shall be saved today.

King David said, in Psalms118:14,
"The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation."
<dir> <dir> <dir> <dir> Just as I am without one plea
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidd'st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come.
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God I come.

</dir> </dir> </dir> </dir>

Christ Must Save and Christ alone

The Testimony of Divine Adoption
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
How happy are the new-born race,
Partakers of adopting grace!
How pure the bliss they share!
Hid from the world and all its eyes,
Within their heart the blessing lies,
And conscience feels it there.
The moment we believe, ‘tis ours;
And if we love with all our powers
The God from whom it came;
And if we serve with hearts sincere,
‘Tis still discernible and clear,
An undisputed claim.
But, ah! if foul and wilful sin
Stain and dishonour us within,
Farewell the joy we knew;
Again the slaves of nature’s sway,
In labyrinths of our own we stray,
Without a guide or clue.
The chaste and pure, who fear to grieve
The gracious Spirit they receive,
His work distinctly trace;
And, strong in undissembling love,
Boldly assert and clearly prove
Their hearts his dwelling-place.
Oh, messenger of dear delight,
Whose voice dispels the deepest night,
Sweet peace-proclaiming Dove!
With thee at hand, to soothe our pains,
No wish unsatisfied remains,
No task but that of love.
‘Tis love unites what sin divides;
The centre, where all bliss resides;
To which the soul once brought,
Reclining on the first great cause,
From his abounding sweetness draws
Peace passing human thought.
Sorrow forgoes its nature there,
And life assumes a tranquil air,
Divested of its woes;
There sovereign goodness soothes the breast,
Till then incapable of rest,
In sacred sure repose.

I agree with steven

Can A Christian Lose Their Salvation?

Once saved, always saved? Can a Christian lose their salvation after they have truly accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior?
There is major divided opinion in the Body of Christ right now on this question. Many believe that you cannot lose your salvation – no
matter how many bad things you may end up doing. The Bible
says that we are “sealed” with the Holy Spirit at the moment of our salvation with the Lord and that nothing can break this seal – no
matter how many bad and evil sins that person may commit after getting saved.
Others believe that God will not be mocked and that you can lose your salvation if you get into some of the more heavier and evil types of
sins.
I believe there are several verses in Scripture that really do answer this question – with one verse in particular. After studying these verses
very carefully, it is my own personal opinion that a Christian can lose their salvation after having already been saved. However, I do believe
that you really have to get into some of the heavier type sins before this will actually happen.
I believe that the seal we have with the Holy Spirit is a very strong and powerful seal – but that it can be broken if that person with their
own free will has chosen to live this life on the darker side. I will go ahead and give you the main verses from Scripture that deal with this
possibility. You will each have to judge and discern for yourself whether or not you feel these verses are implying that a Christian can lose
their salvation.
For those of you who are really wanting an answer on this issue – I would highly recommend that you study these verses very carefully,
and then ask God the Father, through the Holy Spirit, to give you His direct answer on this issue due to the extreme importance of it.
1. A Falling Away
In my opinion, this first verse hits the nail right on the head. Here is the verse, and then I will point out several key phrases showing that it
might be possible for a Christian to lose their salvation.
“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy
Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance,
since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
For the earth which brings in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing
from God; but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.” (Hebrews 6:4-8)
First notice the specific wording being used to describe what I believe is a saved and born again Christian:
•Those who were once enlightened
•Have tasted the heavenly gift
•Become partakers of the Holy Spirit
•Have tasted the good Word of God
You cannot be a “partaker of the Holy Spirit” unless you are saved and born again. Only Christians receive the Holy Spirit
at the moment of salvation. Nonbelievers do not have the Holy Spirit living on the inside of them like Christians do. You can only be a
partaker of the Holy Spirit if you already have Him living on the inside of you.
Only a Christian can truly “taste the good Word of God.” Unless you have the Holy Spirit living on the inside you – you can never fully
understand the Bible because all of the Bible was really written by God the Father through the Holy Spirit. Much of the Bible has to be
spiritually discerned and this is done by and through the Holy Spirit. It is the job of Holy Spirit to teach us all things and to guide us into all
truth.
As a result of the Holy Spirit helping you to understand the Bible when you are reading it – you then start to become “enlightened” as the
above verse states. You cannot become truly “enlightened” unless you already have the Holy Spirit living on the inside of you and He is
working with you to help you understand the spiritual truths that are in the Bible.
Put it all together – you cannot be truly enlightened, be a partaker of the Holy Spirit, and have the ability to “taste” the Word of God and
the powers of the age to come unless you are a born-again Christian. I believe these specific words being used are showing that this
verse is specifically talking about Christians.
And then watch what it says next: “For it is impossible … if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance …”
I think the key words in those phrases are “if they fall away.” What is considered a “falling away?” Obviously God the Father will be the
final judge on what is considered a falling away from Him.
A good example might be someone who turns completely to the dark side and decides he wants to worship Satan direct as a result of the
wealth and power that Satan may be able to give him while he is still living down here on this earth. There have been documented cases
of priests and ministers who have literally “sold out” to the devil in exchange for more of the material and lustful pleasures of this life. They
have literally become true Satan worshipers. I personally think something like this would qualify as a “falling away” – a deliberate turning
away from God to serve His adversary, the Devil.
Other extreme examples would be Christians who have decided to join and live in some type of organized crime, who get into killing and
murdering others for their own gain and profit, men who become rapists or serial killers, etc. As you will see in some of the other verses
listed below, God will not be mocked. I believe that some of these heavier types of sins can cause a Christian to lose their salvation if they
do not get these heavier types of sins confessed and forgiven with the Lord before they die.
Notice the above verse also says that: “For it is impossible … to renew them again to repentance” if they fall away into the more heavier
types of sins. The key word is “impossible” – meaning that God is not going to allow them to come back in after they have probably passed
what may be considered some kind of “point of no return” with Him. The Bible tells us that the Spirit of God will not strive with a man
forever.
Put all of the above together – and I think that the above verse is telling us that it is definitely possible for a Christian to lose their salvation
if the “falling away” is considered to be serious enough and extreme enough in the eyes of God.
2. Sinning Willfully After Receiving the Knowledge of the Truth
This next verse is another real scary verse. The above verse talks about a “falling away” that could cause you to lose your salvation. This
next verse goes another step further and specifically talks about “sinning willfully” after we have already received the knowledge of the
truth from God. Here it is:
“For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful
expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy
on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the
blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said,
“Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of
the living God.” (Hebrews 10:26-31)
Notice the first part of this verse says that if we “sin willfully” after having already received the knowledge of the truth. Again, I believe this
wording could be implying that we are talking about Christians.
The second part of this verse seems to confirm that possibility when it talks about trampling Jesus underfoot and insulting the Spirit of
grace, which is the Holy Spirit Himself. Then notice it says that “there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins” in direct reference to the
statement about sinning willfully after having already received the knowledge of the truth.
I believe the words “no longer remains a sacrifice for sins” is implying a definite loss of salvation if someone has pushed the envelope to
far with God the Father.
3. Becoming Entangled Again in the Pollutions of the World
Here is another verse that matches up with the verse mentioned above. It talks about, after having already received the knowledge of our
Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the dangers of returning back again to the “pollutions of the world” from which we have just come out of.
Here it is:
“For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again
entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known
the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them
according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.” (2 Peter 2:20)
Again, I believe this verse is specifically talking about Christians when it talks about escaping the pollutions of this world “through the
knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” You cannot have true knowledge about Jesus unless you have become saved and born
again by accepting Him as your personal Lord and Savior.
Notice this verse specifically states that it would be much worse for you to have become saved and then turn back to your old sinful ways
into the pollutions of this world than to never have become saved in the first place.
The key phrase in this verse is “the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.” The word “beginning” is referring back to when we
were not saved. If you are not saved, you cannot make it into heaven. What could be worse than never being saved in the first place.
However, this verse is going one step further and it is literally telling us that it would be worse for us, after initially getting saved, if we once
more return back to the sins that we were operating in before we got saved.
If that is worse than never getting saved in the first place – then I believe this verse is another one telling us that it is possible to lose your
salvation after initially getting saved.
4. 22 Specific Sins That Could Keep You Out of Heaven
If some of the above verses are possibly implying that you can lose your salvation – then what are some of the specific sins that could
cause you to lose your salvation? These next two verses will give you some of those specific sins.
Are these next two verses talking about Christians or nonbelievers? If you match these two verses up with the ones listed above – then I
believe that some of these sins, if being committed by Christians on a regular and frequent basis, could get them into major trouble with
the Lord and possibly be endangering their salvation with Him. Here they are:
1.“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor
adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom
of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9)

2.“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred,
contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like;
of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
(Galatians 5:19)
Notice that the sin of adultery is specifically mentioned in both verses. Does this mean any Christian who regularly cheats on their spouse
may be in danger of losing their salvation? Maybe God is thinking that if you cannot stay faithful and loyal to your spouse, then maybe you
will not be able to stay faithful and loyal to Him for all of eternity once you enter into heaven.
Look at what happened to Satan and one third of all the angels. They could not stay faithful and loyal to the Lord for the long run, and as
a result, they tried to rebel against Him and were eventually thrown right out of heaven!
The word “sodomite” refers to a man having sexual relations with another man – which is another word for describing the sin of
homosexuality. According to Webster’s dictionary, the word “licentiousness” refers to one who “disregards accepted rules and standards,
one who is morally unrestrained, especially in sexual matters.”
There is no doubt that the above two verses are talking about nonbelievers. But is it also talking about Christians? I guess we will all find
out once we cross over into heaven and see who has made it and who has not. But I would not want to be taking any chances with the
Lord by wallowing in any of the above sins on any type of regular and frequent basis.
5. Not Everyone Who Calls Jesus “Lord, Lord” Will Make it Into Heaven
This next powerful verse is coming directly from Jesus Himself. He specifically states that not everyone who calls Him “Lord, Lord” is going
to make it into heaven, but only those who do the will of God the Father.
The key word in this verse is the word “will” – the will of God the Father. What is the will of God the Father? One of His definite “wills” is
that we stay out of serious sin – especially some of the specific sins mentioned in the above two verses.
When Jesus is using the words of those calling Him “Lord, Lord” – is He referring to Christians or nonbelievers? I personally believe that
He may be referring to Christians. How can you truly call Jesus “Lord, Lord” unless you have become saved and born again by accepting
Him as your “Lord” and Savior.
If Jesus is specifically referring to Christians with this phrase – then this is another verse that is showing that a Christian could possibly
lose their salvation. Once you have become saved, and then you go back or start to enter into some of the heavier sin areas – which
would be going against the “will” of God the Father – then I believe that you could be endangering your own personal salvation with the
Lord.
I believe this verse is also telling us that God will not be mocked! You cannot accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and then turn around
and start to enter into some of these heavier sin areas – and then think you can get away with it and that God will just look the other way.
The sins of adultery and homosexuality are two very scary sins for any Christian to want to engage in with the way some of the above
verses are worded. I would not want to be tempting my eternal fate with God the Father by engaging in these two sins or any of the other
sins mentioned in the above two verses.
Here is the verse:
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will
say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your
name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21)
Notice that Jesus is specifically talking about people who have prophesied and cast out demons in His name. Is Jesus referring direct to
Christians? I believe that He is, especially on the second act that these people had been doing – casting demons out of people in His
name.
An unbeliever cannot cast demons out of someone because they do not have the legal authority to be able to do so. Demons are cast
out of people by the power of the Holy Spirit. You have to have the Holy Spirit and His power living and operating on the inside of you
before you can cast demons out of someone. Only born-again Christians have the Holy Spirit living and operating on the inside of them –
unbelievers do not! As a result, unbelievers do not have the power of the Holy Spirit or the legal authority from God the Father to cast
demons out of anyone, including themselves if they have been caught in their death grip.
Two Scripture verses will back this up. In Acts 19:13-16, several Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call on the name of Jesus to
try and cast demons out of several people. When they tried to cast these demons out in the name of Jesus, one of the evil spirits replied
back to him stating that they knew Jesus and Paul, but they did not know him.
Then the man who had the demon in him jumped on the Jewish exorcists, overpowered them and literally “prevailed” against them. The
men then ran out of the house “naked and wounded.” In other words, the Jewish exorcists had no divine power or authority to be trying to
take these demons on and not only were they not able to cast the demons out, but the demons were allowed to physically attack them
and were able to drive them right out of the house without a stitch of clothing left on them! And these men were Jewish men – not total
unbelievers.
Here is the verse giving us this specific information:
“Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists took it upon themselves to call the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits,
saying, “We adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul preaches … And the evil spirit answered and said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but
who are you?” Then the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, overpowered them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled
out of that house naked and wounded.” (Acts 19:13-16)
Notice in the first verse listed above that Jesus is not contesting that these people really were casting demons out of people in His name.
I believe He is directly acknowledging that these people really were casting demons out in His name. And if Jesus is acknowledging that
fact – then these people have to be born-again Christians – because only born-again Christians have the power of the Holy Spirit
operating on the inside of them to be able to cast demons out of anyone.
I have heard some scholars argue that the people Jesus is referring to in this verse were unbelievers, not saved Christians. These
unbelievers were then casting demons out of people and prophesying in His name as a direct result of operating under some kind of
demonic influence or possession. In other words, they were all doing this operating under the power of a demonic spirit rather than the
power of the Holy Spirit. However, the second verse stated above is telling us that unbelievers cannot cast demons out of people, even if
they are operating under some kind of demonic influence and power.
Another very powerful verse to help back up the revelation that demons are not going to be casting out other demons in a person is found
in Mark 3:20-30. In this verse, the Scribes are accusing Jesus of casting demons out of people by Beelzebub, the ruler of demons.
Jesus then responds back stating that Satan is not going to be casting out Satan and that a kingdom will not be be able to stand if it
becomes divided against itself. In other words, not even Satan or one of his demons are going to try and cast out other demons in a
person, as they would just be defeating their own purposes in trying to do so.
If Satan or one of demons are not going to be casting demons out of anyone, and if unbelievers do not have the power or authority to be
able to cast out demons – then the people Jesus is referring to in this first verse have to be born-again Christians – not unbelievers.
And then notice what Jesus says next – that He will tell them to depart from Him and that He never knew them because they “practice
lawlessness.” The keys words as to why they may lose their salvation in Him is due to the fact that they were “practicing” lawlessness.
The word “practice” means someone who is deliberately, intentionally and willfully breaking and going against some of God’s basic laws
and commandments on some kind of a regular basis. It is someone who is doing this on a regular and consistent basis, not someone who
is just occasionally slipping up.
Again, I believe that Jesus is giving us a major clue in this verse in that He is really talking about Christians, not unbelievers. And if He is,
then this verse is more powerful proof that a Christian can lose their salvation if they push the envelope too far and for too long with the
Lord with no intentions of ever pulling out of their sinful behaviors and no remorse for doing it in the first place.
6. A Sin Leading to Death
This next verse is very interesting. It talks about a sin that could lead to death and a sin that will not lead to death. I believe that the word
“death” could be referring to the deaths of our souls once we die and cross cover – which would mean going straight to hell when we die.
Again, is this verse referring to Christians?
If it is, then it is definitely delineating between certain types of sins. It is implying that some sins are obviously worse than others. Some of
these sins could cause us to lose our salvation and other types of sins will not. Here is the verse:
“There is a sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to
death.” (1 John 5:16-17)
God will obviously be the final judge on what sins could lead to death and which ones will not. But again, as a Christian, I would not want
to be tempting my eternal fate with God the Father by engaging in some of the heavier sins mentioned in the above verses – thinking that
God will look the other way just because we got saved earlier on in our lives.
7. Fallen From Grace
The Bible specifically tells us that we are “saved by grace.” However, this next verse specifically says that we can “fall from grace.” If you
put both of these phrases right next to one another – then I believe they could be telling us that a Christian could lose their salvation.
I believe that the words “fallen from grace” means exactly what it is saying. If we have been “saved by grace” – then we can also “fall from
that same saving grace.” This might be another powerful verse from the Lord showing that we can lose our salvation.
Notice also in the first part of this verse where it talks about becoming “estranged from Christ.” If you put those three words right next to
the words “fallen from grace” – and they are all in the same verse – then once again I believe the implication may really be there that you
can lose your salvation and that another phrase to describe losing your salvation with God and Jesus is “falling from grace” – falling from
the saving grace which initially got you saved in the first place!
Here is the verse:
“You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.” (Galatians 5:4)
Put this verse together with all of the other ones mentioned above – and the Scriptural evidence may really be there that a Christian could
possibly lose their salvation if they try and push the envelope to far with God the Father by falling into and engaging in some of the
heavier type sins as described above.
8. Having Your Name “Blotted Out” From the Book of Life
I will leave with you with one very scary, intense verse from the Bible. This verse is coming direct from Jesus Himself from the Book of
Revelation.
“He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not BLOT OUT his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his
name before My Father and before His angels.” (Revelation 3:5)
The Book of Life is a Book that has every single saved and born again believer recorded in it. Once you accept Jesus as your personal
Lord and Savior, your name is then written and recorded in this Book.
But notice what Jesus says in reference to this specific Book. He specifically says that he who “overcomes” will not have his name
“blotted out” from this Book. The word “blot” means “to rub or wipe out, to erase or get rid of.”
The fact that Jesus is telling us that our names can literally be blotted out from this Book is just another major piece of Scriptural evidence
showing us that we can lose our salvation with Him. If your name could not be blotted out from this Book, then Jesus would have never
made this specific statement. But since He did, I believe this is another powerful Scripture verse that is showing us that we can lose our
salvation in Him.
Also notice the specific word that Jesus is using to tie in this possibility – the word “overcomes.” What is it that Jesus wants us to
overcome? One of the things that He definitely wants us to overcome is the temptation to fall and enter into some of these heavier sin
areas. The Bible tells us that we must “endure” temptation.
To endure a temptation means you do not give into it, you do not cross the line – but if by chance you do fall into a specific temptation, to
immediately pull out of it as soon as you can. If you do not, and you do not overcome and pull out of this temptation within the time span
that God is giving you to pull out of it, then your name could be blotted out from His Book of Life for all of eternity!
The other thing to pick up with the specific wording that Jesus is using in this verse is that once He blots out your name from His Book of
Life – it will be for all of eternity. There will be no second or third chance to get back in once you have been officially erased from His Book
– just like the first verse I listed at the beginning of this article is telling us.
There is no other indication in this verse or any other verses in the Bible that this blotting out of your name can be reversed or rescinded.
The tone and straight forward way this verse is being worded is all showing us that not only can person’s name be actually blotted out
from this Book, but that once it is, it will be for all of eternity.
Again, if this was not an actual possibility, then Jesus would have never worded this verse the way He did. But the fact that He is
specifically using the words of having your own personal name blotted out from His Book of Life is all showing us that this is a definite
possibility if we have gone too far and wallowed too long in a heavier sin area.
Conclusion
You will each have to come to your own conclusions as to whether or not you feel a Christian can lose their salvation with the way all of
the above verses are worded. I personally believe that all of the above verses mean exactly what they are saying.
If you put all of the above verses together and right next to one another like you would pieces to a jigsaw puzzle – then I believe that God
the Father is giving us major insight and revelation that a Christian can lose their salvation if he “falls away,” if he “falls from grace,” if he
becomes “estranged from Christ,” if he gets involved in a “sin that leads to death,” if he goes against the “will” of God the Father, if he
returns once again to the “pollutions of the world” and if he “sins willfully after having received the knowledge of the truth” that is
contained in both God and Jesus.
I personally believe that all of the above verses, and specifically some of the key phrases mentioned in these verses, are simply way too
much Scriptural evidence all showing that it is possible for a Christian to lose their salvation.
God and His Word will not be mocked. He will not put up with some of His own falling into some of these heavier type sins – and then think
that He will turn a blind eye to their sins, while all the while condoning their sinful activities thinking that the Blood of Jesus will keep them
covered till the day they die.
I am afraid some Christians, who are living in some of these heavier type sins on a regular and frequent basis with no intentions of trying
to pull out of them, are going to be in for a very big surprise once they die and cross over and have to meet the Lord for their own
personal, final judgment.
Again, it would be our strong recommendation that you go direct to God the Father in prayer and ask Him to show you what the real truth
is on this matter. All of the above are just our thoughts and our opinions on this very controversial issue. For the record, I hope that I am
really wrong on my assessment on the above Scripture verses, as I would never want anyone to lose their salvation in the Lord.