• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can A Saved person Ever Become Unsaved?

Can A Saved person Ever Become Unsaved?

• Total voters
Active
My understanding and let me know what you think is we are only righteous through Jesus Christ in him,

Before Jesus, people would go to Abraham's bosom instead of Hades because of their own righteousness. NT Jesus saves us who desire righteousness and we can go to heaven.

So yes, only by the righteousness of Jesus can we be with God. But this does not mean we don't have our own righteousness. Albeit as filthy rags, there was a distinct difference in hearts / desire for what is good for for example Lazarus over the rich man.

Staff Member
Greetings,

My understanding and let me know what you think is we are only righteous through Jesus Christ in him,

I am the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing. - Jesus Christ ;John 15:5

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Hehe Dave, whoever said any of the disciples were believers until after Jesus rose again?? ( Matt 26:56!)

Dear Brother, Peter said to Jesus !! Peter was saved before he was!!

John 6:68
Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that You are the Holy One of God.”

I will add they were saved before the foundation of the earth was ever built because once saved always saved is correct !!

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations

We are all sinners and even our good works are but filthy rags in the eyes of the Lord!!

God Bless,