Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Can a born again Christian lose their salvation?

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by moznpeg, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Please i too was shown only this to believe when i was in a Word of Faith church, until I studied to show myself approved unto God, RIGHTLY dividimg the Word of God. Not saying that you are not, just saying do not come to God with any preconceibed ideas of what your parents or pastor taugjt you. GOD BLESS LOVE U GUYS

2. Whatever is not of faith is sin.

KJV:
    Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Living translation 2007:
    Romans 14:23 But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Hebrews 8:10
    For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

The law in my heart won't let me consider anything that would grieve the Holy Spirit.Love is God's law because God is Love.

Think about it,can you really command someone to love you.

3. I read all the posts back to #1 and think nobody is saying to ignore the 10 Commandments (Decalogue). They were central to the Law of Moses, a summary of the roughly 2,500 commandments presented by Moses, which Paul said was "good". But they were never meant to stand alone for the whole as a pathway or foundation for salvation. Taken alone the Decalogue does establish a high moral code with promises to the keepers, but promises curses for those missing just one of the thousands of commands, making a person guilty of all of them. Not one of the commandments of the Old Covenant could stand fulfilled in anyone’s life without annual blood sacrifices, too. It is impossible to separate those requirements until coming to Christ Jesus. The least of those commandments are minimum basics of morality, but must necessarily be exceeded to gain eternal life with Jesus.

So yes, Jesus, as a perfect Jew among fellow Jews did quote the Decalogue, except one, the fourth. It was for a reason, that He knew He was the Sabbath rest promised by God. It was not only a day of the week commanded to be observed. We are to remember Jesus as our Eternal Rest. That’s superior to the 4th commandment.

Luke 6:5 And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
    There are plenty other scripture references to that.

All the old commandments were matched and exceeded in righteousness by Jesus with His 1,400 commandments that demonstrate a much higher standard of righteousness, once again impossible for anyone to observe without fail….unless IN Christ, and Christ IN us. Nobody under the Mosaic Covenant had that wonderful assurance or hope. Had God commanded all of the commandments of Moses plus those of Jesus, all hearers would necessarily resign themselves to total hopelessness. But Jesus delivered a light cross for us to carry in
    Matthew 11:[28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The Mosaic Covenant was a terribly heavy yoke and burden, absolutely impossible to satisfy while the Temple and required sacrifices remain a thing of the ancient past. It’s time to shed it completely, then take up Jesus. His blood totally satisfied the Father in all aspects of the Law.
    Jim

4. #104 David777, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Exodus 20:2-3
    And God spoke all these words, saying: "I am the Lord your God,
    who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
    You shall have no other gods before Me".

This is the first commandment in the decalogue.
    God announces that He released the Jews from
    captivity in Egypt. Gentiles were not included
    within the covenant that God established with
    Israel.

God makes it all so clear that He has chosen
    Israel for a specific purpose.

5. #105 Thiscrosshurts, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Dovegiven:
    Your post makes good cement to bring clarity and circumspect to the whole issue.

As I was reading this paragraph these words stood out:
    Not one of the commandments of the Old Covenant could stand fulfilled in anyone’s life without annual blood sacrifices, too.

Well a little voice in the back of my mind said :"you mean they could sin all they want and throw all their guilt on an animal once a year".
    So the fear of the abuse of grace is certainly not something born out of misunderstanding grace in the new testament .

The tragedy is that some now believe they must fullfil Jewish law without either grace or an animal sacrifice.Yikes!!!

Right David,the gentiles were by default under the covenant of the promise of the rainbow which was given by God through Noah and covered all mankind and even the earth itself.It was never repealed so if Gentiles were to try to obey any laws those would be the ones to focus on.
    The rainbow covenant did not bring death but it could not offer life either.

6. Well said. Have you guys considered that if everyone obeys the 4th commandment there would not be one atheist or evolutionist in the world. When was the last time you guys read the 4th commandment?. The origin? In Gen 2:1-3 when there were NO jews and BEFORE sin entered this world. Think about it tje Sabbath was and still is perfect.

Anyway well said Dove, you agree with much of Christianity today. That yes all other 9 may be good, but when it comes to the 4th watchit its been magically done away with. I call it a 10% discount on the 10 Commandmemts. Rememer the Law only points our sins and should have us run to Christ. Sin causes burdens on us. Willful sin should cause heavy burdens on us. Christ came to save us FROM our sins not IN our sins.

Yes back to the subject a big fat yes a born again can lose their salvation. Willful sin is one of the facts. Think about it lets say you've been told that clocking in at work then leaving only to clock out again, is steaing, but you listen to your friends that say we all do it your fine. But yet you do it day to day, week to week. You are stealing that makes you what? A thief. Now lets say you dont confess or repent stealing. What does the Bible say about thieves? Or about willful sin? Heb. 10:26

7. Wow! This is truly amazing my brothers and sisters...
    I did not know that this would turn into what it has turned into but I do know that the Holy Spirit is at work here.

8. Israel ! the people of God ! and that is what true Christians are "Israel", from the coming of Christ. as goy were not due to them being out side the bounds of the OT, just only like dogs etc because of idolatry etc weakening the struggle.
    Was Jesus king of the Jews ? or Israel ?
    The Jews opposed Jesus and have done so always, as they do today, as they are not of Gods people but of Satan's lot.
    It is Israel that Jesus called, remember the shaking off the dust from their sandals.
    Remember Jesus knew what the Jews were going to have do to him. and Stephen pointed out the Jews errors, and was murdered for doing so.
    The wagers of sin is death, now as they were always so.
    The Jews will wake up to themselves one day and see Jesus as Christ and that is when the two sticks come together, but for now the Jews are only a worldly rag tag mob, calling themselves Israel. but the Orthodox and the Hebrews are not that gullible to refer to the State as "Israel". but only the foolish jews have the hide to call the state, Israel. and only foolish idiots believe it is Israel.
    Jews are not the people of God, as this lot opposed Holy Moses and made a golden calf. and it is this lot that has caused so much grief to the people leading them poor people down the garden path for like 4000 years.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)