Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Atheism

Discussion in 'Evidence & Prophecy' started by Chad, Aug 30, 2011.

Random Thread
  1. Rev 3:15-16
    15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

2. Thanks and what version is that from the KJV or another?

Sent from an iPhone
  3. Its the KJV, but its very similar in most translations.

4. Thank you I don't use the KJV that's why I asked.

Sent from an iPhone
  5. I think you would do a much better job of it if you paid more attention to the classical proofs or arguments from God's existence, the rebuttals, and then the answers to the rebuttals. Also, I'd suggest you take a closer look at science and evolution. For example, the micro-macro distinction is largely used by religious fundamentalists, not by scientists. Also, your statement that macro-evolution has never been observed is incorrect. It has been created in the lab, using bacteria. I can send you the title of this scientific paper if you wish. Even if it had never been observed in the lab, that has nothing to do whatsoever with the validity of evolution. Also, your above statement about "absolute truth" needs some qualifiers. The whole idea here is that we have only very limited window into our distant past and also into the far reaches of the universe. hence, much of what we say entails some real degree of speculation. That, in turn, means we deal in probabilities of something being true n or not, not in terms of absolute certainties. At present, odds are the correct age of teh earth being 4.5 billion years are far, far grater than it having been created in six days starting in 4004 BC. Absolute truth, in a strict scientific sense, means you have direct, immediate sensory observation to support your hypothesis. Truth is, we generally don't, given any scientific concept.
    When it comes to atheism, you need to tread more carefully. You need to explore more why people embrace atheism. Often, the problem is that the churches have presented such a contradictory image of God. On one hand, God is said to be loving; on the other, God is said to be void of all emotion, including compassion, and the author of all evil. Before going after the other guy, make sure you own house is in order. Much atheism has been church generated.

6. When we dream we are pretty convinced it is real and then we wake up.
    Have you ever thought you were awake and then when something crazy happened you realized you had not really awakened at all.
    Who made the people,grass,trees and sky in your dreams?
    When were they made?
    Where did they go when you woke up?

7. Alot of atheist's end up divorcing God because of the religious. The burden of proof exists on both sides (All sides) and faith is paramount in all the various dress up games adults play.

I've talked to many atheists, they're not the enemy and many of them have plausible reasons to leave their faith in Jesus.
    You can't be forced to stay with someone, even if it's God. It's better they leave and search for what their hearts desires than fake it, and I know God is greater than any gap.

Sent from a mobile device
    Thiscrosshurts likes this.
  8. There's no plausible reason to reject Jesus Christ, ever. Don't make excuses and manipulate the Word of GOD

Rejection of GOD is called blasphemy in the bible.

9. No it's not, blasphemy is rejection of the desire God has given us to find life.

10. To me blasphemy only occurs when a person knows what God expects and them purposely does not do it. Only someone who has really believed could commit blasphemy.

11. Can or can't a believer really fall from grace? Many atheists agree that they truly did believe once, but they did not fall away from seeking truth. They fell out of favour for one God out of the many (G)ods they could find favour with.

Not usually based on pure emotional reasons, many look for plausible reasons to believe in a God but come up empty. However this is the time for Christians to shine and present a reasonable case for Christianity, if we have a case then it's now or never.

12. Can or can't a believer really fall from grace? Many atheists agree that they truly did believe once, but they did not fall away from seeking truth. They fell out of favour for one God out of the many (G)ods they could find favour with.

Not usually based on pure emotional reasons, many look for plausible reasons to believe in a God but come up empty. However this is the time for Christians to shine and present a reasonable case for Christianity, if we have a case then it's now or never.

13. What you're looking at is what I suppose theologians might call apologetics, but that is not the way to God. Jesus did not shine because of His apologetics, but rather because of the Spirit and the Truth and that is the Way to come to Him:

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." John 4:23-24

Our connection with God is not established by apologetics or by man's logic.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

That's the case for Christianity! People who continue to demand to even begin elsewhere will never get to where God really would like for them to be.

Brad Huber likes this.