• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Are We Living in the End Times (About 100 Years or Less Left)?

• Yes

Votes: 340 72.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 7.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 92 19.7%

• Total voters
Active
@Born Again -- yes, our salvation is a personal decision to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior. No one is perfect except through the blood of Christ. That which is obvious to one person is a mystery to another person.

Our physical body Will die -- but our soul lives on forever.

Our being born again is based on the sufficiency of the blood of Christ being shed for us. That nothing can be done by us to help our salvation be 'complete'. A lot of people want to add a 'good work' on their part to the equation.
Everything is by God's Grace alone! I tell you what is sufficient, not so much the blood of Christ but by the Grace of God, as He tells us ," my grace is sufficient"!
2 Corinthians 12:9 .

Active
Everything is by God's Grace alone! I tell you what is sufficient, not so much the blood of Christ but by the Grace of God, as He tells us ," my grace is sufficient"!
2 Corinthians 12:9 .
Do you realize that it's because of a Blood covenant between Jesus and the Father that you actually receive the Grace of God? IF it was not for the blood, there would be NO salvation. So what you did here was to take a single verse out of context and built a doctrine on it. Don't do that!

Active
Do you realize that it's because of a Blood covenant between Jesus and the Father that you actually receive the Grace of God? IF it was not for the blood, there would be NO salvation. So what you did here was to take a single verse out of context and built a doctrine on it. Don't do that!
Yes, it is God's doctrine, the essence of the Gospel. FIRST it was God's Grace and then it was the blood of Jesus shed for us...this plan, according to God, was devised before the foundation....better get your sequence straight. Oops!, I did it again!!!

Active
Yes, it is God's doctrine, the essence of the Gospel. FIRST it was God's Grace and then it was the blood of Jesus shed for us...this plan, according to God, was devised before the foundation....better get your sequence straight. Oops!, I did it again!!!
Yup You did it again....The covenant comes FIRST. Without the shed blood, there can be no remission of sin.

Active
Agreed...but I thought we were talking about the sufficiency of Grace ,according to God and I do believe He came first and His Grace proceeds all things!!!!

Loyal
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourself; it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest anyone should boast."

Grace being the unmerited favor God has given us. Because of Adam and Eve -- we deserve eternity in hell. But -- God shows us favor / unmerited grace/ sent His Son into this world to die for our sins -- the shed blood of Christ on the cross.

The Old Testament sacrifices / blood of bulls and goats was not sufficient for our sins. They had to be repeated every year. The New Testament -- the perfect Lamb of God -- Jesus Christ -- His shed blood -- once for all. No more sacrifice needed. Now we have access to forgiveness -- eternal life in heaven. But it still needs to be accepted on an individual basis. We accept His gift and thank Him for it. Belief in our heart and acceptance by mouth.

Active
All is a GIFT of God, Christ's blood, his stripes from the flogging, his death, his resurrection that gives us new life...all is a gift by God called Grace.

Active
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourself; it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest anyone should boast."

Grace being the unmerited favor God has given us. Because of Adam and Eve -- we deserve eternity in hell. But -- God shows us favor / unmerited grace/ sent His Son into this world to die for our sins -- the shed blood of Christ on the cross.

The Old Testament sacrifices / blood of bulls and goats was not sufficient for our sins. They had to be repeated every year. The New Testament -- the perfect Lamb of God -- Jesus Christ -- His shed blood -- once for all. No more sacrifice needed. Now we have access to forgiveness -- eternal life in heaven. But it still needs to be accepted on an individual basis. We accept His gift and thank Him for it. Belief in our heart and acceptance by mouth.
When you truly accept Christ as your personal Savior, it is "once and done"!

Loyal
And the Holy Spirit gives us the desire to live a more Godly life. And He let's us know when we aren't doing that.

Active
Agreed...but I thought we were talking about the sufficiency of Grace ,according to God and I do believe He came first and His Grace proceeds all things!!!!
God does precede all things but our salvation only comes from just before God created the world...Then the covenant made it possible for Gods grace to save us. Again.....You took a verse out of context for this argument and built your doctrine on it. God was telling Paul that His grace was sufficient to get rid of the demon that was buffeting him. If Paul would use it.

Active
Actually its your doctrine...God was not saying what you claim He was saying.

Active
This will probably start another argument but Grace and Mercy are two totally different things...Can we agree on that?
Mercy is God's unmerited favor....We deserve hell then because of mercy God gives us His grace which saves us...We did not deserve that.
Grace is the empowering PRESENCE of God in our lives which enables us to do that which He has for us to do.
So, Its His empowering PRESENCE in our lives, the Holy Spirit abiding in us, that saves us because of faith, the faith of Jesus. That grace, that empowering PRESENCE in us, makes us worthy of anything else God has for us...

Loyal
@Admon -- Is it possible that you have 'grace' and "mercy' confused. 'Grace' is God's unmerited favor. Mercy is God's Not giving us what we deserve / showing compassion.

A lot of times the terms are used interchangeably. (is it really worth fighting about?)

Active
@Admon -- Is it possible that you have 'grace' and "mercy' confused. 'Grace' is God's unmerited favor. Mercy is God's Not giving us what we deserve / showing compassion.

A lot of times the terms are used interchangeably. (is it really worth fighting about?)
Sue Both definitions are mercy. If you deserved death sentence, and the judge gave you a pardon...Is that grace? No Its mercy. So the judge gave you somehing you don't deserve...that's also unmerited favor. Is it not?

Active
Sue , you are exactly right they are
totally two different things. Because of God's abundant Grace, He gives us Mercy, the kind of only He can give and give alone! ...Grace then Mercy. The most unique thing is this happened before the foundation of anything that existed!..That is one of the reasons He is Sovereign and ALL powerful...what a God we have!

Last edited: