• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Where is the Holy Spirit?

Rephrase your question.

...because all that was required for my salvation was fulfilled by Jesus Christ. He did it ALL.

Care to elaborate? I am asking for clarification on your belief not word games. I don't want to guess and get it wrong.
Are you saying that everyone is saved and everyone is going to heaven?

Where is the moving of the Holy Spirit in todays churches or "christians"? It seems to me that there is no more true faith in Christ in our churches. It is all about people are saved because i or this ministry or that ministry. There is no more attempt to truly give Christ credit and there is no more power out of the pull- pits. If there was true movement of the our Lord and Saviour in our churches we would not have worship teams telling people to stand up and sit down. The problem here is that we have to many semenary pastors and not enough Christ lead pastors.

Being a pastor is not a job or a career, it is a calling. It is not about making everything itch the ears of the people. There is a hell and there is a heaven. There is only one way to escape hell, that is Jesus Christ. Salvation is not all you can get into your church pews with false hope and flesh feel goods. It is not a set of rules set up by every church denomination under the heavens. It is not whether or not you attend church or go to church every sunday or every time the doors open. salvation is not based on what we do. It is based on what he has done.

If you feel i am wrong about any of these things please sahre verses to back yourself up.

What has happened is the Holy Spirit has been replaced by the '' religious traditions of men''.
When a sincere person joins the church of choice they feel they have been called of the Lord - but Jesus warned us all [in rev 3 v 18-21] of HIS PERSONAL FEELINGS when religious men take over His teachings and corrupt them..
He said '' they were blind, wretched, naked and blind'' and this is because Jesus is OUTIDE KNOCKING not inside preaching. Men are preaching not the Holy Spirit.
Religion has become a BIG BUSINESS and remember Jesus went in and destroyed the tables of the money changers and their merchantising.
Church~~~ YOU CANNOT SELL THE GOSPEL.why?
its not yours to sell but another who died to give it FREELY

this form of godliness does no good to any man.
BUT WHO shall believe this? ONLY THOSE who have been CALLED AWAY from apostacy.

btw - THE THEME OF SATAN IS ''MAKE IT ATTRACTIVE'' - HE PLAYED HIS JOKE OF MOTHER EVE = how?
THE DEVIL TURNED HER EYES AWAY FROM THE WORD AND INTO THE DEVILS ATTRACTIVE WAYS = SHE WAS SEDUCED and the same religious trick is still working
The word is divine [it is living] and cannot be mixed up with man's opinions or theories.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate? I am asking for clarification on your belief not word games. I don't want to guess and get it wrong.
Are you saying that everyone is saved and everyone is going to heaven?
Not word games. I took your question and answered it.

You said:
What do you think is required to be saved?

Again, what was required for my salvation was completed, finished, fulfilled, by Jesus Christ.

John 19:30
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Salvation is of the LORD (Jonah 2:9). It is God-centered, God-planned, God-implemented, God-applied, and God-finished, or fulfilled and completed as Jesus Himself says on the cross. I will not add to it, nor subtract from it, nor change it, for it can NEVER be changed for God is Immutable and does not change.

What was required for my salvation was wholly God-inspired and God-performed.

Now, if you want me to be man-centered, then I will have to say I had a part in my salvation, I had the faith to believe, I baptized myself in the Holy Spirit, I made myself in Union with Christ, I was co-operator in my salvation, I, I, I, I, I.

But then that would be a lie.

And no, everyone is not saved and going to heaven. That false god is not the One True God.

Last edited:
Not word games. I took your question and answered it.

You said:

Again, what was required for my salvation was completed, finished, fulfilled, by Jesus Christ.

John 19:30
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Salvation is of the LORD (Jonah 2:9). It is God-centered, God-planned, God-implemented, God-applied, and God-finished, or fulfilled and completed as Jesus Himself says on the cross. I will not add to it, nor subtract from it, nor change it, for it can NEVER be changed for God is Immutable and does not change.

What was required for my salvation was wholly God-inspired and God-performed.

Now, if you want me to be man-centered, then I will have to say I had a part in my salvation, I had the faith to believe, I baptized myself in the Holy Spirit, I made myself in Union with Christ, I was co-operator in my salvation, I, I, I, I, I.

But then that would be a lie.

And no, everyone is not saved and going to heaven. That false god is not the One True God.

Are these things all required for salvation? Was it not your decision to accept the gift of salvation?

Are these things all required for salvation? Was it not your decision to accept the gift of salvation?
What decision?

I was a slave of sin and it was my master.

I was bought with a price.

I only went from one master to another Master.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 7:22-24
22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

God did the choosing, God did the calling, God did the saving, God did the baptizing, God did it all. As Jonah said, "Salvation is of the LORD" (Jonah 2:9).
This is true Biblical Christianity.

Administrator
Staff Member
What decision?

I was a slave of sin and it was my master.

I was bought with a price.

I only went from one master to another Master.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1 Corinthians 7:22-24
22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

God did the choosing, God did the calling, God did the saving, God did the baptizing, God did it all. As Jonah said, "Salvation is of the LORD" (Jonah 2:9).
This is true Biblical Christianity.

So how did your decision come to place? Wasn't it free will?

Predestination is unbiblical.

Romans 8:29-30tells us, “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.”Ephesians 1:5and11declare, “He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will…In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.” Many people have a strong hostility to the doctrine of predestination. However, predestination is a biblical doctrine. The key is understanding what predestination means, biblically.

The words translated “predestined” in the Scriptures referenced above are from the Greek wordproorizo, which carries the meaning of “determine beforehand,” “ordain,” “to decide upon ahead of time.” So, predestination is God determining certain things to occur ahead of time. What did God determine ahead of time? According toRomans 8:29-30, God predetermined that certain individuals would be conformed to the likeness of His Son, be called, justified, and glorified. Essentially, God predetermines that certain individuals will be saved. Numerous scriptures refer to believers in Christ being chosen (Matthew 24:22,31;Mark 13:20,27;Romans 8:33,9:11,11:5-7,28;Ephesians 1:11;Colossians 3:12;1 Thessalonians 1:4;1 Timothy 5:21;2 Timothy 2:10;Titus 1:1;1 Peter 1:1-2,2:9;2 Peter 1:10). Predestination is the biblical doctrine that God in His sovereignty chooses certain individuals to be saved.

The most common objection to the doctrine of predestination is that it is unfair. Why would God choose certain individuals and not others? The important thing to remember is that no one deserves to be saved. We have all sinned (Romans 3:23), and are all worthy of eternal punishment (Romans 6:23). As a result, God would be perfectly just in allowing all of us to spend eternity in hell. However, God chooses to save some of us. He is not being unfair to those who are not chosen, because they are receiving what they deserve. God’s choosing to be gracious to some is not unfair to the others. No one deserves anything from God; therefore, no one can object if he does not receive anything from God. An illustration would be a man randomly handing out money to five people in a crowd of twenty. Would the fifteen people who did not receive money be upset? Probably so. Do they have a right to be upset? No, they do not. Why? Because the man did not owe anyone money. He simply decided to be gracious to some.

If God is choosing who is saved, doesn’t that undermine our free will to chose and believe in Christ? The Bible says that we have the choice—all who believe in Jesus Christ will be saved (John 3:16;Romans 10:9-10). The Bible never describes God rejecting anyone who believes in Him or turning away anyone who is seeking Him (Deuteronomy 4:29). Somehow, in the mystery of God, predestination works hand-in-hand with a person being drawn by God (John 6:44) and believing unto salvation (Romans 1:16). God predestines who will be saved, and we must choose Christ in order to be saved. Both facts are equally true.Romans 11:33proclaims, “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!”

Read more:What is predestination? Is predestination biblical?

What has happened is the Holy Spirit has been replaced by the '' religious traditions of men''.
When a sincere person joins the church of choice they feel they have been called of the Lord - but Jesus warned us all [in rev 3 v 18-21] of HIS PERSONAL FEELINGS when religious men take over His teachings and corrupt them..
He said '' they were blind, wretched, naked and blind'' and this is because Jesus is OUTIDE KNOCKING not inside preaching. Men are preaching not the Holy Spirit.
Religion has become a BIG BUSINESS and remember Jesus went in and destroyed the tables of the money changers and their merchantising.
Church~~~ YOU CANNOT SELL THE GOSPEL.why?
its not yours to sell but another who died to give it FREELY

this form of godliness does no good to any man.
BUT WHO shall believe this? ONLY THOSE who have been CALLED AWAY from apostacy.

btw - THE THEME OF SATAN IS ''MAKE IT ATTRACTIVE'' - HE PLAYED HIS JOKE OF MOTHER EVE = how?
THE DEVIL TURNED HER EYES AWAY FROM THE WORD AND INTO THE DEVILS ATTRACTIVE WAYS = SHE WAS SEDUCED and the same religious trick is still working
The word is divine [it is living] and cannot be mixed up with man's opinions or theories.

man i love you my brother. your heart is real and so is what the spirit is leading you in. your right. religous traditions have become the snapshot of the churches. it is a sad thing to see so many decieved by such things.

man i love you my brother. your heart is real and so is what the spirit is leading you in. your right. religous traditions have become the snapshot of the churches. it is a sad thing to see so many decieved by such things.
thanks for your courtesy towards me.
==================
always BEGIN at the foundation = Jesus said '' I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH [ekklesia not made with hands ] AND THE GATES [as openings] of hell [ the grave, the flawed carnal mind, sin and death] SHALL NOT [ever never] prevail against her''
THIS IS THE BASIC description of the LIVING STONES to be built up into the EKKLESIA of the Lord and this building up of His Body IS NEVER EVER NEVER EVER MADE by hands [mortal adamic religious flesh]

IF THE CHURCH SYSTEM is built by man, his theories, his 1/2 truths, his mixtures and his paganism under a dying clergy - IT CANNOT BE THE HOUSE OF THE LORD -ever never ever AND IT SHALL NEVER reproduce abundant life as per John 10 v 10.
why not?
BECAUSE the gates of hell do not prevail against the LIVING BODY OF CHRIST - for these overcomers HAVE OVECOME all what Jesus requires when He had apostle John the Beloved write the 1st 3 chapters of the Revelation.
AS THE HEAD IS - SO IS THE BODY - THE HEAD IS UNDYING SO IS THE BODY - A pecular people, a royal house, Zion the small flock in the city of God. - ALL HAVE the disciples training and only eve ever ever and again ever FOLLOW THE LAMB, wheresoever He goest and these are the REDEEMED.
Jesus is not marrying a worn out religious pharisee ***** who runs after every whim of doctrine and traditional teaching.

THE REDEEMED have been trained up to OVERCOME their personl flawed choices, sins and wild theories of religion.
THE HOLY SPIRIT, shall never ever ever ever give any glory to anyone BUT THE SAVIOUR HIMSELF.
KNOW immediately also - it was Judas who carried the purse and when you ''follow the money trails and all religious merchantising'' know you follow Judas.
however, it is a sad day to see so many sincere people being tricked by a FORM of GODLINESS - but the sad fact is ''they loved not the truth to be saved''.

so

we have to look into the roots of denominational founders and see their flaws, inconsistencies, lifestyles, sins and walk away for they bring forth wretchedness, blindness,nakedness and want and spiritual cripples are formed as a hybrid species and not a NEW CREATION at all.

THE TRUTH IS A PERSON not a religion.

updated
We all, are 1st a spiritual being, lowered into a human frame - Jesus taught =ALLOW THE SPIRIT OF LIFE TO DOMINATE not the human body flesh man adam. THE FLESH MAN dominates all religions.
IT IS NO GOOD TELLING me about your sect/creed/reverend/priest/Pastor and their views - THEY ALL END UP remaining in THE MATRIX OF VANITY - but tell me HOW YOU, FOLLOW THE LAMB, and how YOUR WHOLE BEING- spirit soul and body IS BEING RESTORED, RENEWED, REDEEMED and returned back TO ITS ORIGINAL DIVINE CONDITION here.
remember this 1 thing - NOT 1 OF THESE founders of religion have ever reproduced CHRISTLIKE MINISTRY in anyone for 2000yrs.
DONT TELL ME ABOUT THEM please.

I NEED TRUE LIFE - now.
THAT IS MY GOAL AND MY DESTINY and i shall not move from this standard.

Last edited:
His church is not denominations or church buildings. The true church are the people that have accepted Jesus Christ as their lord and saviour. It is not faith in pastors or denominations or buildins. Churches are not the house of the lord as they are proclaimed. Oue hearts are period. so first you may want to understand what church is before you proclaim faith in denominations and buildings.

While all this is true, belonging to a denomination, using a building, having a pastor (part of the church given specifically by God Eph 4:11 ) and any other factors one would cite does not disqualify anyone (or any group of believers) from being Christians. In fact being a pastor is just as biblical as being an evangelist, or an apostle, or any other type of believer.
Non denominational pride (if only they worshiped and believed like us they would be okay) is just the same as denominational pride- it reeks of the flesh.

I agree Ushalk but another problem is that the church has started to embrace the sinful ways of the world

unfortunately you are right. there are so many warnings given about these things in the letters that paul wrote to the churches of old. yet they are read more as a history lesson than speaking to us today. many people believe that the letters are not for us today so they do not allow the word to live within them or their congregations. this destroys so many peoples faith and leads them closer to hell.

While all this is true, belonging to a denomination, using a building, having a pastor (part of the church given specifically by God Eph 4:11 ) and any other factors one would cite does not disqualify anyone (or any group of believers) from being Christians. In fact being a pastor is just as biblical as being an evangelist, or an apostle, or any other type of believer.
Non denominational pride (if only they worshiped and believed like us they would be okay) is just the same as denominational pride- it reeks of the flesh.

i likke what you wrote here. i agree there is nothing wrong with worshipping in a building with others. the problem is the manipulations that are used to control and manipulate the people in believing that if they do not they are not saved. being a pastor is biblical aswell. however being called to be a pastor and doing it for a career are two different things. also semenary pastors are not pastors in my book. they stick to things that they were taught in a school by a man rather than thing that the lord has given them through their seeking him. that is why so many church sermans today sound more like a bible study or a history lesson.

Well, it is never a good thing to lump everyone in the same pot. The church (group of believers or fellowship) where I attend has none of those negative qualities. My pastor, yes he is full time in the ministry, but again I do not have a problem with one devoting themselves to that ; after Pentecost the Apostles did not even want to stop praying and ministering to wait tables.
Each body of believers (the ones where God is welcome) is in fact usually quite unique. It is a shame to put all those eggs in one basket without so much as knowing them seems more than a little presumptuous. While there are many dead churches I agree, I have been ot dead home meetings as well, and I have been to "churches" filled with Holy Ghost fire.

Loyal
i likke what you wrote here. i agree there is nothing wrong with worshipping in a building with others. the problem is the manipulations that are used to control and manipulate the people in believing that if they do not they are not saved

The church isn't a body, however it is the "body" of believers. Not a person standing alone.
Also a building isn't required to lead people astray. Charles Manson, the Heavens Gate cult, and the Branch Davidians all started their "ministries" off small without buildings.

Everything that happens in a church building isn't bad.
Everything that happens outside the church isn't good.
The building isn't what determines what's in a persons heart.

The church isn't a body, however it is the "body" of believers. Not a person standing alone.
Also a building isn't required to lead people astray. Charles Manson, the Heavens Gate cult, and the Branch Davidians all started their "ministries" off small without buildings.

Everything that happens in a church building isn't bad.
Everything that happens outside the church isn't good.
The building isn't what determines what's in a persons heart.

i can agree with this. but lets take a gun in and point it at everyone in the church and tell them deny christ or die and see how many stay there. we can look at it however they want but when the leader ship is bad then the church is not hearing the truth. this is sadly what is the problem today. jesus refers to us as sheep and he is right. if one sheep falls off of the cliff the rest will follow. that is what we see in many churches today. dead sheep following a wolf in sheeps clothing. sorry but it is true. and the most of those wolves are from semenary schools and denominations. now i do not believe that many of them are liing on purpose while a lot of them are. but if they are preaching semenary lessons then i cant help but to wonder whre christ is in their lives.

it is a ''sincere'' tradition of men to go to church in a building, with 1 man ruler over them callled a priest, a pastor, a reverend - each from a divisional creed with different opinions of ''who is right''.
Jesus foreknew this and had John the divine write of this blindness in Rev. 3 v 18 - the man ruled over churches - NOW NOTICE JESUS SAYS He is door knocking therefore no matter how much a person believe Jesus IS IN THEIR CHURCH - He is not as He Himself said so.
HE IS NOT THERE - HE SAID >>>>>>
who is preaching inside? a man educated in a seminary who traditionally cannot reproduce anyone in the same Image as Messiah.
ofcourse this news shall upset sincere religious people, but, it is better to be upset than be so deceived as to remain unsaved.
HOW CAN U BE UNSAVED?

by living a life without transformation, freedom from vanity and redeemed from the powers of darkness.
CHURCHattendance nor church hopping does not save people. TRADITIONS are UNACCEPTABLE in the Kingdom of God.

if you consider each sect/creed/traditional church is built upon some '' religious founder'' = Laocadea is man ruled thats the real meaning of this problem - hence their blindness and unsuccessfull salvation messages. PEOPLE STILL DIE - why? sin still kills. NO SIN NO DEATH.
All very easy to understand once you get the revelation of the true meaning of Laodicea and her wickedness.

it is a ''sincere'' tradition of men to go to church in a building, with 1 man ruler over them callled a priest, a pastor, a reverend - each from a divisional creed with different opinions of ''who is right''.
Jesus foreknew this and had John the divine write of this blindness in Rev. 3 v 18 - the man ruled over churches - NOW NOTICE JESUS SAYS He is door knocking therefore no matter how much a person believe Jesus IS IN THEIR CHURCH - He is not as He Himself said so.
HE IS NOT THERE - HE SAID >>>>>>
who is preaching inside? a man educated in a seminary who traditionally cannot reproduce anyone in the same Image as Messiah.
ofcourse this news shall upset sincere religious people, but, it is better to be upset than be so deceived as to remain unsaved.
HOW CAN U BE UNSAVED?

by living a life without transformation, freedom from vanity and redeemed from the powers of darkness.
CHURCHattendance nor church hopping does not save people. TRADITIONS are UNACCEPTABLE in the Kingdom of God.

if you consider each sect/creed/traditional church is built upon some '' religious founder'' = Laocadea is man ruled thats the real meaning of this problem - hence their blindness and unsuccessfull salvation messages. PEOPLE STILL DIE - why? sin still kills. NO SIN NO DEATH.
All very easy to understand once you get the revelation of the true meaning of Laodicea and her wickedness.

This is great. I think it is sad how many put their faith in brick and mortar and one man dictating to all, rather than Christ. This is very true.

There is nothing wrong with church buildings. The early church met in homes AND the temple. A dedicated place of worship is not against the bible.. but not worshiping in spirit and truth is against the bible, whether in a building or outside of it. The issue is whether you are truly in the spirit and the word,. or are you in your self, your mind, your opinions, your feelings and your will.
But denominations make it harder to serve God, make it harder for the Spirit to flow.. where man's control exists.. God's control is absent. Revelation 3:20 - Jesus stands at the door and knock.. which door is he knocking? He is knocking on the door of a genuine church, not a denomination.. he is knocking on the door of the church in Laodicea...they will be lukewarm so they leave Jesus outside the door. The problems are not just denominations, also the no denominations also have problems.. the problems is with human self..

But on principle.. let us not identify ourself by denominations. Denominations take a name other than Christ to identify themselves. You would not like your wife to take the last name of another man. So God does not like it when the church, His bride.. takes the name of man other than Christ. Church of England is unbiblical, church of Luther, also unbiblical.. church is not of a man or of a country, church belongs to God.. Baptist church.. identify themselves by the way they practice baptism.. but should we also have a 'prayer church', why not a 'tithing church', why not a 'book-reading church'.. identify yourselves by what you believe or what you do.. you will always take a name other than Christ to identify yourself, because Christ alone is not enough for you... Christ wants you to be His bride without spot and wrinkle but you prefer to call yourself by another husband's name... who was Luther? who was Calvin? who was Wesley? these are only servants of God He used to bless the body.. but He did not tell you to make a denomination bearing their names.

Last edited:
It seems even stranger that many entertain the delusion that believers go there for the brick and mortar. Jesus lives in the believer, He is there because they are there. Meeting in a home, a field, or a back alley- none of these is more spiritual than gathering together in a building. Where we go He is there:
This is simply a case of religious folks majoring on the minors once again.
As far as having a Pastor, this was God's design and not man's, so the argument is (again) with Him.
Believers should be at least mature enough to understand that others may worship in a different setting and still belong to Christ; if not, they need some time on their knees.
The thing most condemn in a denomination- pridefully thinking they are the only ones to have it together and only they know the "right way" to do things- that is the same spirit rising up on the non affiliated affiliates. Thank God they are not like other flawed men....