• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Your friends, good or bad

Some of you may have friends that basically have their backs turned to God and do a lot of ungodly things. I know i do. But I have absolutely no problem being friends with them because that gives me a chance to witness to them. I believe that God leads me to these people and encourages me to befriend them as a way of leading them to him. I believe that you are more likely to listen to what someone has to say if you trust in them and know that they mean well. What is your input on this topic?

I dont see any problem being around non-believers for the most part, but God said (I cant remember the exact quote, Im looking for it now) that we should not mix with them. We humans are adaptive creatures, and we tend to mold ourselves on the premise of our surrounding influences, its one of the things that makes the humn race great but it can also be a negative factor. I recently had to makethe decision to drop my friends for God, it bites majorly but I knew that If I didnt I was simply going to have a lifestyle that God cannot be a part of. So I guess my view point is that Christian friends are always better, you need to be with like minded people or you will naturally be more inclined to stray away, but much kudos to you :thumbs_up your obviously intent on helping others which is fantastic, and with an attitude like that, you shall go far *sips coco*.

Ivan

I would like to thank you for your comment on my intentions. I do have lots of Christian friends, who also help me in trying to witness to these people. We have actually successfully reached out to one of my dearest friends. She did believe in God, but her behavior was ungodly. She is gradually changing her ways for the better and i think it is b/c i talk about God around her and about how much i love worshiping him and how much he does for me each day. Thank you for your input, Eclipse. It is greatly appreciated. I also had to leave some friends b/c they didn't believe in God and they would talk about how stupid it is to believe in something that you cannot see or feel. Yes, it does bite to leave your friends, but i left for the best intentions and i have stayed with some friends for the best intentions also. Please pray that i reach these people. Thanks.

well..umm...i think it doesnt really matter if your friends are christians or not!!!
but yeah its also good to have christian friends....
okay...i have more non-christian friends than christian ones....and i noticed that my relationship to god isnt that good anymore...cause they do ungodly things and then i do them to cause i mean their my friends and i dont always wanne say nah i dont wanne do that cause god wouldnt want me doing that or somethin like that!!! i mean yeah thats mybe wrong but yeah!!okay maybe some christians would say but thats the best way to talk about god so that my friends could have to chance to become christians....okay yeah i agree but im not the kinda person who talks about him....just if they ask me i say yes i believe in him and so on...but i wouldnt wanne talk to them about it cause i dont really have taht much faith in god and i mean i cant tell them anything about god if i dont truly belive it!!okay that wasnt the subject....
but yeah i dont have any problems with having non christian friends and christian...yeah and like you said...maybe god really leads us to them...that would be cool!!!
okay i hope you kinda get what im was trying to say...

god bless
kara

Dudet! Your argument fell apart, but hey. Idealistically we would like to think that non-christian friends are the way to go or that it is ok, but it really is not viable for the most part. There are non-christians who are exceptions, but they are few and far between. You said yourself that you dont like to talk about God because you you dont have a lot of faith in him. The reason is because you are still clinging onto a worldly way of thinking which is reinforced by the non-believers. That is a very big reason why you need to stick with christians. Like I said before, we are adaptive and we need to stick with like minded people, or else we are not going to be committed to our beliefs. Ill hope you can have more faith in God, it took me ages to start trusting him and then it hit me...I was being retarded! LOL. Look around you, God created everything. He has the power to alter anything if he chooses, he can do very much anything he pleases. I like to think of him as a computer programmer, and this is one if his progams (not that we are being controlled) and he has the ability to change anything hence, and we are oblivious to it. If that makes sense. I wish you all the best Kara and hope you can believe more in God, after all he is the only thing that you can trust! I mean that literally. I've seen the dark side to things and if there where no God, well, I dont even want to go there lol. Im starting to babble again, , so Ill end here. Laters *wavie*

Ivan

Theres nothing wrong with having non christian friends, but I have a real anti god friend and whenever I bring up God etc she will get quite agro about it all. But I also have some friends at school who are christians, which i think we should all have, because when you have a problem you can always talk to them about it and they will help you the ways christians do! *Praise God*

God Bless,
*Dal*

All I know is i was derailed 3 years ago all by the influence of non-christian friends and their music. I can still remember the song it started with she #@%$in hates me by puddle of mud. Thats where i turned my back on him. Its alot easier to be an influence with non-believers and just friends but they should never become vips because they are the enemy. If we are chistians then we believe in Jesus Christ and are on fire for Him but the bible says he who is luke warm or cold are his ENEMYS.

Greetings fellow Bok *wavie*

You actually reminded me of a very important point too. Satan is the ruler of this world, his kingdom is here, and as such if you are not a born again Christian then you are a citizen of Satans kingdom and ultimately you belong to him. That means that non-christians are open vessels for Satan to use against you and since becoming a christian makes you Satans enemy, if you surround yourself with un-Godly thingsor people he WILL use them against. People in particular are a good tool, he will alienate you from God through the use of people. He will make you feel alone and drive you straight back into his domain so he can re-claim you. And as Alicia stated, if you are not on fire for God he will spit you out! Those are his own words! So If you are engratiating yourself with un-Godly people then you are treading a very fine line that conversely could cost you very dearly. Peace out homies and in the words of Tiny Tim "God bless us...everyone"

Ivan

one of my friends is really anti-god! she always trys to turn me away from him and its a struggle sometimes cause she uses my weaknesses against him. some of the things she say make so much sense and she's really left me in a muddle! my other friend is part of a "church" that doesnt accept jesus as anything special and follows all the old testament festivals and stuff! she doesnt really know god either! i try to help them find god but it's very hard! they're stubborn! what about people of other faiths, like muslims? how can you show someone god, when they think they've found him already!?!?

lol, I share your problem. Howeverm there is nothing more you can do than reveal to them the truth, if they want to hear. First and foremost everyone has freewill. God himself will not interfere in your freewill, and he wont accept us imposing ourselves upon them, its actually termed as being witchcraft. If they dont want to hear or accept the truth then they have every right to do so, no matter how frustrating it must be to hear them reject or ridecule God. I suggest praying for them. For people of other faiths such as Islam etc... they carry strong spirits which are going to put up a fight, so it really is going to be a fight to win them over. But then as born again christians we have the tools to do the job and in every sense we have the upperhand. On a personal note, how do you deal with a person who believes they are a Constantine esque person? They tried to deliver me of my demons randomly and it nearly got ugly! Anyhoo, laters

Ivan

ummm... I say stay away from that person... and continue to pray for them...

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

I think you can be friends with anyone you just need to be very very careful and always keep your eyes on Christ..

Eclipse said:
I dont see any problem being around non-believers for the most part, but God said (I cant remember the exact quote, Im looking for it now) that we should not mix with them. We humans are adaptive creatures, and we tend to mold ourselves on the premise of our surrounding influences, its one of the things that makes the humn race great but it can also be a negative factor. I recently had to makethe decision to drop my friends for God, it bites majorly but I knew that If I didnt I was simply going to have a lifestyle that God cannot be a part of. So I guess my view point is that Christian friends are always better, you need to be with like minded people or you will naturally be more inclined to stray away, but much kudos to you :thumbs_up your obviously intent on helping others which is fantastic, and with an attitude like that, you shall go far *sips coco*.
Ivan

i believe wat God actually said was in regards to marrying non-believers. if God says we are to mix only with Christians there wouldnt be any basis to witnessing.. we'd be going against his will. and i know u know this. Jesus himself spent most of his time with non-believers... witnessing to them... showing them God's glory. in some circumstances we do have to give leeway for God to work and make sure we arent brought down by non-believers attitudes, morals etc. but i think if u trust God enough He will protect yuo from Satan working against u this way!!! Bless yas.

LittleAngel? said:
one of my friends is really anti-god! she always trys to turn me away from him and its a struggle sometimes cause she uses my weaknesses against him. some of the things she say make so much sense and she's really left me in a muddle! my other friend is part of a "church" that doesnt accept jesus as anything special and follows all the old testament festivals and stuff! she doesnt really know god either! i try to help them find god but it's very hard! they're stubborn! what about people of other faiths, like muslims? how can you show someone god, when they think they've found him already!?!?

Most anti-god people have prayed for help in situations of abuse and heart ache and they didnt see imediate effect and so become anti-god. Also us christians cause alot of the athiasm. We preach god loves all but then why dont we see the pregnant teens being surrounded by Gods workers us. Why is it we often judge a person on their looks like the rest of the world and dont run in to help them. If the church (us) can show Gods acceptance to the "outcasts" in this world dont you think we would start representing Christ more?

Pray for people. Lets be bold and offer to pray for some one when they tell us they are sick or confused. Lets bring God into our schools threw our orals and essays and projects. Lets make God the one word that describes us.

Lets carry our cross and love all and represent Christ. You may be the only bible people will ever read. Remember to be there for one another in schools. Identify the mature christians in your school and help each other. May the body of christ as in 1 Corinthians 12-15 come into being.

Lets stop taking Gods hands and Feet away but make them more prominant than ever. Help the lost no matter how they look. Show them God cares and so do you.

LETS BE BOLD FOR CHRIST!!