• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Yes, I am questioning the Judeo-Christian Bible in the 21st Century ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Member
Interesting.

I must note, though, that this is painting with a rather broad brush, is it not? Indeed the Catholics do believe that the Protestants teach heresy, as is the same with Protestants, believing that the Catholics preach heresy. And needless to say, there has been a lot of posts that level the accusation of heresy against Pentecostals.

Pray tell, just where are the boundaries of this sandbox?

Kindly,
Rhema

I hold to the canon of the Church of the East, one that does not include the (ahem...) heretical book of Revelation. Might that be cause for being banned?
Dear Rhema,
Not as wide as most might think. We're not a church, though we have portions of the Body of Christ who have come and gone freely here over the years.
What one would consider foundational for Talk Jesus (TJ) is our Statement of Faith (SOF) and that one would consider us Protestant. Doing so leaves a wide range of what is acceptable for some Protestants and not for others. So, our focus is as the site name implies "Jesus". We do not attempt to dictate an individual's specific belief system, but rather attempt to mitigate the Members who would evangelize those beliefs that are contrary to our SOF and Protestantism in general. The operative word being "evangelize". So, warnings, and hopefully with some guidance they would be able to avoid the pitfalls that could get them banned and allow them to continue to be a fruitful contributing member of TJ. Though in truth, most Members who are unable to adapt/restrain themselves, will leave of their own accord, and do not get banned.

I hope this explains it sufficiently enough to put your mind at ease and I hope that my fellow Moderators, Administrator have no issue with my above explanation. That being said if you'd like to continue this discussion, I am open to Private Message (PM), though it might not be a quick back and forth since my personal life is limited time wise. By the way I attend a Pentecostal Church :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
I have been a Christina for about 10 years, and I have never joined a division of Christianity, because that in and of itself determines that every denomination can not be correct at the same time with the true words of Jesus the Christ if said divisions contradict each other.. Therefore, that is my dilemma. :(. Therefore, after reading the Judeo-Christian Bible, and when running across certain narratives and passages, they just don't make any sense whatsoever or would put me in jail if I followed certain ones. My most haunting passage is the following: EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)". Therefore, without question, this means that every word of the inspired by Jesus in being Yahweh God incarnate is to be followed or accepted, in the Old and New Testaments, period.

I am truly here to engage with other Christians to take my questioning of the Bible to heart where I want to try and believe in it when using actual biblical facts with no spin doctoring, but in using supported Biblical vouchsafing instead of personal opinions to certain biblical axioms.

I will most certainly share the Talk Jesus community on other platforms, praise!

Thank you.

Hi I think many find themselves with the same seemingly problem and not that any other than Christ can solve it.

Searching the various prescriptions he has given us for rightly dividing is a must. He has not left us as orphan with no tools needed to follow His loving commandmentto to study seeking the approval of him not seen .The God who works in us to both will and empower us to His good pleasure

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

But first of all we are informed that there must be differences in opinion called heresies or private interpretations as personnel commentaries as to how each person say they hear the understating of scripture (prophecy) which comes in different manners to include parables which without Christ the teacher spoke not

In that way oral traditions are acceptable as long as they do not do despite to the fullness of grace the price we were purchased with .

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Sects/denomination or heresies were created so that believers to not kill each other off seeing the kingdom of God does not come by observing the temporal corrupted faithless or powerless. Again as in "no faith"that could please God. Not little faith. . none, zero.

He has put all of mankind as powerless (faithless) under the work of his faith as a labor of his love so that he might have mercy on some

Galatians 3:22-23 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Garee,

Thank you for your commentaries in your post #42, but they still do not resolve actual written happenings and biblical axioms that are related to our Jesus the Christ in being very disturbing in His behalf.

Rhema,

I agree with you within your post #40, that because there are so many divisions of Christianity, aka, denominations, and that are all throwing rocks at each other in saying that they have the correct belief of Christianity when they all contradict each other, where does the heresy aspect end in this respect to get banned by the moderators?! This is a "Talk Jesus" discussion forum and presumably not a runaway from a "Talk Jesus" forum in all of the aspects of the faith!

Therefore, at the whim of a moderator that does not accept your presentation of the faith with the backing of their particular division of Christianity, can ban a member and state that it is heresy to their particular chosen faith? This does not compute.

Furthermore, the book of Revelation was included in the Judeo-Christian Bible in the 4th Century, and the irony of which says the following: “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” (Revelation 22:18). Therefore, it is understood that things are not to be removed from the Bible, how can you take the position in your faith to exclude the book of Revelation when this inspired by Jesus passage also states herewith: “EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5) Every word includes the words of the book of Revelation that you do not recognize, and at possibly at your expense upon Judgment Day if you have chosen the wrong division of the faith. :(

Do you see why I have come to this forum to try and remove this type of biblical facts in a logical manner?

Active
Garee,

Thank you for your commentaries in your post #42, but they still do not resolve actual written happenings and biblical axioms that are related to our Jesus the Christ in being very disturbing in His behalf.

Not sure I understand? In which way or not do you think it not so disturbing on His behalf ?

Christ4Ever,

YOUR QUOTE: "Your words/attitudes will determine whether you get banned or not. Of course, needless to say, Heretical teachings will also have you removed."

I wasn't banned at other Christian forums for my attitude, but the irony of which, was because of me bringing forth disturbing passages relative to Jesus' true modus operandi that were never addressed in a logical manner, other than to ban me in not talking about them. There are two distinct sides of our Jesus, and when I bring forth the "other" side of Him that is disturbing, is when I got banned. Funny, huh?

Garee,

YOUR MEANINGFUL QUOTE: "Not sure I understand? In which way or not do you think it not so disturbing on His behalf ?"

Simply put, of which there are many disturbing biblical axioms relative to Jesus' killing nature, here are but a few of many that I am trying to deal with and still consider myself a Christian:

JESUS SAID: "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

JESUS SAID: Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.” (Revelation 2: 22-23)

JESUS AGREED THAT CHILDREN THAT CURSE THEIR PARENTS SHOULD BE MURDERED: "But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? For God commanded, saying, 'Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (Matthew 15: 3-4)

JESUS AS YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE (1 TIMOTHY 3:15-16) SAID: "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." (Isiah 13:16)

The above MO of our supposedly ever-loving and forgiving Jesus is enough to try and swallow for me at any given time, barring the other narratives showing our Jesus as a murderer and a serial killer. Do you see my problem in trying to remain a true Christian, where it isn't easy in the 21st century.

Active
This God you declare you worship must be very weak. The bible standard seems to be the King James version, I hear this time and time again the world over. Also we have the gift of the Holy Spirit here to guide us. If you cannot hear the Holy Spirit and do not understand the principles of salvation and Jesus journey, then you may as well book yourself a one way economy ticket to Hades and save Jesus the trouble. Every forum I look in these days all I see is nothing but mayhem and chaos by (ahem) people who are very wise in scripture. How about teaching the lost about salvation and sharing testimonies. This is the work of the devil. And if anyone believes the Catholics are christian, then I recommend to book seat 36A in economy, as its over the wing. You will get one last nice look at earth as it passes beneath you. You have a nice day.

Active
Furthermore, the book of Revelation was included in the Judeo-Christian Bible in the 4th Century,
Yes indeed. But by whom? And why did it take them that long? (Was God asleep?)

I am aware of the history, and recommend the following book:

The question is why should one believe that those who "included" the book of Revelation made the right choice? After all, the Bishops who told you that Revelation was scripture (after centuries of debate and rejection by other Bishops) also brought you the doctrines of purgatory and limbo, and held to a very different Soterilogy (the doctrine of how one is saved) than what the Protestant churches preach today. In addition, the RCC Church, (the Synod of Carthage, A.D. 397 that finally included "Revelation"), holds to an extremely different viewpoint of scripture than do the Protestants. To the RCC, there is no "Sola Scriptura" doctrine - Sola Scriputra is heresy ... (to the Catholics).

The only reason that the Protestant Church presents the same 27 book New Testament is that Martin Luther was Catholic to begin with and when inventing the doctrine of "Sola Scriptura" as a replacement for the authority of the Church Fathers (specifically the Pope) locked himself into a canon of books that not even he wanted. Luther wanted James and Revelation removed, but realized that this would destroy the credibility of his foundational doctrine of Sola Scriptura. As it is, when Luther authored the first German Bible he purposefully mistranslated two Greek passages in order to bolster his idea of how one is saved.

The Church of the East (think Church of the Far East), started by the Apostle Thomas, was never corrupted by the Roman Empire and Constantine. In addition, their New Testament was written in Aramaic, not Greek, and is likely more authentic to the words of Jesus, as it is well understood that Jesus preached in the Aramaic language. Here's a link to their Interlinear (please review the table of contents).

and the irony of which says the following:
Yes, and the irony should tell you something. However, does that passage refer to the entire Bible? or just the book of Revelation? Take a closer look at the text and you'll see that this declaration only regards the book of Revelation itself:

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of THIS book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.​
(Revelation 22:19 KJV)​

Truly, the only reason to say such a thing is to instill FEAR into the reader. However:

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.​
(1 John 4:17-18 KJV)​

how can you take the position in your faith to exclude the book of Revelation when this inspired by Jesus passage also states herewith: “EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)
How can you take the position in your faith to INCLUDE the book of Revelation? A book that had been rejected by the early church for more than 300 years, and has done absolutely nothing but cause fear, division, and strife, creating countless "end-time" cults? And even accepting that Proverbs 30:5 is an "inspired by Jesus passage" (a debatable point), somewhere along the way, you accepted a teaching that states "The Word of God is this Judeo-Christian Bible" that you've been given. Indeed I agree that, "EVERY word of God is flawless," but who is the Word of God?

The Septuagint (aka LXX) is the Old Testament scripture used by the early church, and reads "πάντες λόγοι θεοῦ" so again, I would ask, just who is the LOGOS of God? "he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."

So... somewhere, someone told you that the Bible is the Word of God. (Am I right? They sure told me that...) But at this point, perhaps the best I can do is to encourage you to find out what the Bible says is the Word of God (and there are two of them). What I'm saying is that you're now the victim of a translation error, and a definitional error, the end result of which hides the truth (an academic truth) about what the Bible itself defines the Word of God to be (again, there are two of them).

And yes, I've been accused of heresy with regard to this topic, but how could one arrive at any form of heresy when using Biblical definitions, rather than Churchianity definitions?

... if you have chosen the wrong division of the faith ...
That's why I decided to learn Greek in order to read the Catholic text directly, and why I'd beg of you to get one of these -

Do you see why I have come to this forum to try and remove this type of biblical facts in a logical manner?
BrotherDThomas, of all the people here on this forum, I'm probably the most likely to understand and empathize with your dilemma, as I've had to deal with these very same questions myself. And while I personally don't mind discussing such things in an open forum, it is without doubt that certain of my posts could cause great emotional stress, perhaps even to the most mature moderator, and if I get banned over certain specific doctrinal issues, I can't be of help to anyone. To that end, I am quite open to a continued discussion by PM (conversation) if you wish.

Just don't give up,
Rhema

PS: I respect anyone who decides that Revelation should be canonized scripture, in the hopes that they would return the same respect. I would just also hope that they actually have sufficient reason to believe so rather than just "because."

Active
Garee,

YOUR MEANINGFUL QUOTE: "Not sure I understand? In which way or not do you think it not so disturbing on His behalf ?"

Simply put, of which there are many disturbing biblical axioms relative to Jesus' killing nature, here are but a few of many that I am trying to deal with and still consider myself a Christian:

JESUS SAID: "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

JESUS SAID: Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.” (Revelation 2: 22-23)

JESUS AGREED THAT CHILDREN THAT CURSE THEIR PARENTS SHOULD BE MURDERED: "But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? For God commanded, saying, 'Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (Matthew 15: 3-4)

JESUS AS YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE (1 TIMOTHY 3:15-16) SAID: "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." (Isiah 13:16)

The above MO of our supposedly ever-loving and forgiving Jesus is enough to try and swallow for me at any given time, barring the other narratives showing our Jesus as a murderer and a serial killer. Do you see my problem in trying to remain a true Christian, where it isn't easy in the 21st century.

I hear you but remember God 's name is Jealous he owns all things, all things are at his disposal .

Job 23 declares he is of one mind and always does whatsoever his soul pleases. It is he who does make our hard heats soft . and moves men according to His will , even those who resist it like Jonah .This shows he is not served by human hands as a will.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

That can be seen in the rejection of the gospel In Genesis 4. The mark of the beast (666) the same mark of the word . . . What God says comes to pass . The first recorded murder of the father of lies a murderer from that beginning of the first recorded martyr as a apostle of the church, Abel. The father of lies the serial murderer today .

Geneisis 4:13-15 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Staff Member
Christ4Ever,

YOUR QUOTE: "Your words/attitudes will determine whether you get banned or not. Of course, needless to say, Heretical teachings will also have you removed."

I wasn't banned at other Christian forums for my attitude, but the irony of which, was because of me bringing forth disturbing passages relative to Jesus' true modus operandi that were never addressed in a logical manner, other than to ban me in not talking about them. There are two distinct sides of our Jesus, and when I bring forth the "other" side of Him that is disturbing, is when I got banned. Funny, huh?

Dear BrotherDThomas,
It appears that I must once again address what seems to have pricked your spirit to hear.

First, your standing here in Talk Jesus (TJ) is not determined by your standing in other forums. If it were, would it be valid if you had been banned from one of them to then ban you from here without cause except that another has done so? Your standing here will be determined by what you post and present for consideration here at TJ. Also, how you interact with others in doing so, will also have bearing on this as well.

Second, nowhere has the content of what you have presented been denigrated by me or as far as I know from any other staff member. I pray it will always remain so, but even with some of our more prolific posters, they have done postings that have been deleted. I myself before becoming a Moderator have had to be warned and chastised so to speak for something I had posted! :cool: So, don't consider yourself so special to have had some postings deleted. Not for content, but for how you have interacted with others, which was less then civil. That constructive content may have also been removed, should be warning enough at what could be lost when one's communications become less then civil and are deleted.

Thirdly, I truly hope you will learn from this experience, and grow into what we as Staff always hope for those who are fellow Members here. God fearing, Bible Knowledgeable, and most especially loving brethren in Christ Jesus.

Final Note: Try as all of us might in being Christ Like in what we do or say. We are not Him but are unique in Him. We have an amazing God who prizes these very unique traits we exhibit. Each of the Apostles were unique, and Paul probably the most unique one of all! So, don't use the "moneychanger" behavior of Christ Himself to justify chastising another here on TJ. The most important difference in His and yours is that you lack the authority here on TJ to do so. You may well believe that your standing in Christ, allows you to be this way. That is not correct, and unless you come to understand this, you may very well find the attention brought your way by Staff to be unwarranted but occur it will. You may justify this that in Christ you will receive such blandishments but understand that for Christ Jesus it was His Father's House that was being disrespected. Talk Jesus is not your house, and you have no authority here that is not given to you as it is to everyone who decides to become a member. To me Talk Jesus is only a stopping point, or how I like to describe it as being, an Oasis. A place where one can be refreshed, grow in God's Word, and fellowship with Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus. Allow it to be so for you.

I truly hope you will take this to heart and come to understand that in Christ Jesus you are treasured but are not beyond reproach.

Nick
\o/
<><

Garee,

THIS IS YOUR QUOTE RELATIVE TO MY POST #47 SHOWING OUR JESUS AS A KILLER: "I hear you but remember God 's name is Jealous he owns all things, all things are at his disposal ."

Subjectively, your quote above does not make it any easier in showing Jesus being a killer of His Jewish creation in the disgusting manner shown in my post #47, and at the same time, He is to be considered all-loving and forgiving which to me is one of the most godly contradictions that I could think of when reading passages like within my said post!

The first 3 passages in my post #47 were bad enough in showing Jesus promoting the killing His Jewish creation, BUT, I cannot get it out of my mind since Jesus is Yahweh God incarnate (1 Timothy 3:15-16), and where He had innocent babies smashed upon the rocks, and women with child ripped open? Huh? (Isiah 13:16) How am I supposed to spread the Gospel of Jesus when passages like this and others show Him to be abhorrent in killing innocent life with babies smashed upon the rocks, are you kidding me?! I cannot get this situation out of my minds eye when I try and go to bed to sleep!

Barring whatever His Jewish creation did to upset Him, another discouraging aspect is when Jesus turned into an abortionist in the book of Hosea, and if the women of Epherin did give birth, He would murder that baby! How in the hell can we dismiss these revealing passages about Jesus' killing nature, and still be a Christian promoting Him, can you tell me with the logic that Jesus has given us?

I am very discouraged in trying to be a true Christian in the 21st century when these passages make themselves known subsequent to me reading ALL of the Judeo-Christian Bible. :(

Christ4Ever,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "So, don't use the "moneychanger" behavior of Christ Himself to justify chastising another here on TJ."

The irony of which, and in jest, if Jesus were upon this forum and acted in the same manner that He did with the money-changers in His Temple in whipping them, overturning their tables, and yelling at them, He would be banned! LOL

Rhema,

To cut to the chase, when including the book of Revelation within the Judeo-Christian Bible at around 400AD, isn't the following passage to be held true where everything else falls by the wayside?

“And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

Thank you for all of the other material you have given me in your post #49, but the notion of what Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate said once, how in the hell can it be taken in so many different and contradicting ways?!

Active
Subjectively, your quote above does not make it any easier in showing Jesus being a killer of His Jewish creation in the disgusting manner shown in my post #47, and at the same time, He is to be considered all-loving and forgiving which to me is one of the most godly contradictions that I could think of when reading passages like within my said post!

Killings is not murdering. The father of lies is the murderer from the beginning (Cain and Abel)

I think you forget he is of one mind and always does what so ever his soul pleases. He sits enthroned on the circle of the earth we are like grasshoppers

He can make a law . . ".Thou shall not or you will die" and testify to it by bringing things to pass . To the law and testimony (the law of faith) Let there be and it was good.

Yuo should be accusing the accuser of the brethren. . the murderer. . not the killer .Don't bite the hand that feed us .

Garee, Christ4Ever,

GAREE, YOUR QUOTE REGARDING MY POST #52: "Killings is not murdering. The father of lies is the murderer from the beginning (Cain and Abel)"

With due respect, what does your above quote have to do with Jesus, as the Hebrew Yahweh God incarnate as the Bible so states, smashing innocent babies upon the rocks, and ripping women with child wide open to murder the innocent fetus within, notwithstanding, in also killing the women in question in an horrific way? (Isiah 13:16)

I don't get your position relative to Isiah 13:16. Do you see why I continue to have problems with Jesus' other side of His MO, when no one at this time will actually address with specificity said passages that I have unfortunately brought forth that are the "other side" of Jesus' modus operandi? These disturbing narratives about our Jesus the Christ are within the scriptures, then we are told the following: Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5) Since every word of Jesus is flawless, then this includes Jesus smashing innocent babies upon the rocks and having women with child ripped open to kill the fetus or zygote and killing the women in question as well! What gives?

Garee, we are told to go out and preach the word of the Judeo-Christian Bible to others (2 Timothy 4:2), but how do we perform this godly act and not include Jesus' killing nature as described above and in my post #47 within my thread? "Houston, we have a problem!"

Christ4Ever, seriously, can you help me and possibly others in addressing this post to possibly make logical sense in its context and content? If you can, we thank you in advance.

Gregoryp,

YOUR QUOTE IN POST #48 IN CALLING JESUS AS YAHWEH GOD INCARNATE A WEAK GOD WHICH IS BLASPHEME!!!: "This God you declare you worship must be very weak."

Where in the hell do you get the biblical authority to state that Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate is weak?! Therefore, in the same vein, I suggest to you in getting a ticket on "Going to Hell Airlines" and take seat #666 that will take you to the sulfur lakes of Hell for blaspheming Jesus the Christ as being a weak God!

Furthermore, I agree with you in not accepting Catholics by just mentioning their Satanic pedophile priests alone and their subsequent coverups of same, irregardless of their Douray Rheims Bible!
https://rapevictimsofthecatholicchu...7_10201996599069121_4177277204177350946_n.jpg

Staff Member
Christ4Ever,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "So, don't use the "moneychanger" behavior of Christ Himself to justify chastising another here on TJ."

The irony of which, and in jest, if Jesus were upon this forum and acted in the same manner that He did with the money-changers in His Temple in whipping them, overturning their tables, and yelling at them, He would be banned! LOL

Dear Member BrotherDThomas,
First please use the "@" sign prior to a person's name or quote the text in question you are referring to by highlighting it and clicking on the checkmark so that a notification to the individuals in box will be sent. If I hadn't be reviewing this thread, I would not have known you had directed the above post to me. I'm sure it is happening to others as well that you have posted to. That you are receiving responses, only goes to show how far Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus are going in attempting to help you.

Secondly, to be blunt here. Are you unable to comprehend, or just haven't actually read what I have posted directly to you as it pertains to deletion of your content, the use of the "money changers" reference, or being banned in general?

Your continued references to what would happen to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ should He come to Talk Jesus and post as you have would be tiresome, if not for the great patience God has given me. Since being banned seems to be on your mind. Know that if you want to be. Why not just ask us to close your account and be done with it? This way you won't be bothered by these thoughts or by those who to this point have been unable to provide you with the clarity you are seeking.

Nick
\o/
<><

Active
To cut to the chase, when including the book of Revelation within the Judeo-Christian Bible at around 400AD, isn't the following passage to be held true where everything else falls by the wayside?

“And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
As a very brief reply (and I hope to have some time tomorrow for something more in-depth) ::

@BrotherDThomas The book of Revelation wasn't penned when Paul wrote 1st Thessalonians 2:13 (neither were the gospels), so just how could Paul have meant the 27 books of the New Testament given to you by the Roman Catholics, in 367 AD at the earliest?

In addition, Paul was long dead by 400 AD, so you have somebody else (NOT PAUL) telling you that "the Word of God" about which Paul wrote are these 27 books. And that person was Athanasius, Bishop of Alexandria (LINK). What makes you think that Bishop was right, while the others were wrong? Tradition? Of the RCC? (My apologies. Perhaps I should ask, are you RCC-ish in overall belief?)

When Paul wrote about the Thesselonians "receiving the word of God" he was speaking about what he himself preached... "the things HEARD from us" - the message that one can understand Paul to mean by his phrase "my gospel," not from some guy writing on an island in the middle of the Mediterranean years after Paul's death.

Thank you for all of the other material you have given me in your post #49, but the notion of what Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate said once, how in the hell can it be taken in so many different and contradicting ways?!
You are quite welcome, and I hope to expand upon this soon.

Most people here are not your enemy. Think of them as friends who have not quite learned everything yet (and go easy on them).
Rhema

@Christ4Ever,

YOUR QUOTE IN NOT ACCEPTING LEVITY WITHIN THIS FORUM: "Secondly, to be blunt here. Are you unable to comprehend, or just haven't actually read what I have posted directly to you as it pertains to deletion of your content, the use of the "money changers" reference, or being banned in general? "

As I specifically stated, "IN JEST," Jesus would be banned if He acted in the manner of the Money-Changers within the temple! One cannot add a little bit of levity within this forum since the topics of mine are disturbing and seemingly deep? Really?

YOUR NOTION OF ME WANTING TO BE BANNED! : "Since being banned seems to be on your mind. Know that if you want to be. Why not just ask us to close your account and be done with it? This way you won't be bothered by these thoughts or by those who to this point have been unable to provide you with the clarity you are seeking."

ABSOLUTELY NOT, that is your unsupported rendition. I have stated before within this thread, I was banned at other forums because of my topics of our beloved Jesus' other side of His modus operandi in being very disturbing. Since this is a "Talk Jesus" forum in all aspects, I came here for hopefully logical appeasement in Jesus being in this manner! Therefore, you would be going against what you stated earlier if you banned me when I am talking to members upon this topic in a truthful and meaningful way.

With all due respect, I asked you to help myself and Garee with your biblical knowledge regarding the content of my post #56. Maybe you didn't see the statement of mine because I did not put the "@" sign before your names of which you told me about because of my ignorance. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.