• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Worship the Holy Spirit??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

pet

Amen and Amen!!
Believers Are to be Spirit Lead and signs and wonders following the believer as God works through them.

However far to many Believers are out chasing signs and wonders and putting out fleeces.

Blessings and Love in Christ and Thank You!!
Αmen!
That is sad today! Many believers follow the "signs and wonders" instinct of let the signs follow us (His Church) .
They forgot that Antichrist will do miracles too. That is why we see all this chaos at charismatic movement! I received the Spirit with the evidense of speaking in tongues wile i was at Evangelical Church (they dont believe that) ,at my home! :smile: although is a unique 100% scriptural experiense that million share in common, i dont trust or even believe to all this charismatic chaos.
Anyway the sad thing is (like the sister above) ,they through the baby with the water... they put all this in the same garbage and reject the Real thing!
:crying: so we have two classes today that the Devil controls , the one is the anti-charismatic :"God does not act ,does not speak, does not give gifts" etc. and the other is supercharismatic "they fallow what ever un-scriptural manifestations ,falling backwards, laughing" etc. ..both are made by one and the same spirit (not the Holy) :crying:
anyway God bless you and protects you till the end.

Active
@pet -- a number of posts back -- you commented that no one spoke in tongues to evangelize the Gentiles -- that is correct -- it Was Intended only for evangelizing non-believing Jews.

Also a question about a comment made in post #41 -- the subject of charismatic movement -- it sounds like you're assuming that I'm part of that 'movement' because I was sharing about the various gifts of the Spirit given to a person upon their salvation? Are you associating the gifts of the Holy Spirit with all the signs and wonders ???

What exactly are you referring to "they put all this in the same garbage and reject the Real thing" -- sounds like you're only seeing the 'anti-charismatic' and the 'supercharismatic" groups.

As I've Tried to share with you -- the Holy Spirit / God is the One who gives to each believer whatever spiritual gift God /Holy Spirit chooses to give a person. We do Not ask for any of it. Which means that Your comment "God does not act, does not speak, does not give gifts" is Not Biblical based.

The other extreme as you refer to it -- Are the un-Scriptural , falling backwards, laughing type of reactions are Not brought on by the Holy Spirit. It IS brought on by pastors / leaders who get their congregations all emotional / psyched up and they end up doing those activities.

And, yes, at some point in the future - the AntiChrist or others Will be doing False 'miracles'. But - born-again believers will Not be here during that time in future history. "We" will be with Jesus Christ in the midst of other Wonderful activities.

pet

@pet -- a number of posts back -- you commented that no one spoke in tongues to evangelize the Gentiles -- that is correct -- it Was Intended only for evangelizing non-believing Jews.

Also a question about a comment made in post #41 -- the subject of charismatic movement -- it sounds like you're assuming that I'm part of that 'movement' because I was sharing about the various gifts of the Spirit given to a person upon their salvation? Are you associating the gifts of the Holy Spirit with all the signs and wonders ???

What exactly are you referring to "they put all this in the same garbage and reject the Real thing" -- sounds like you're only seeing the 'anti-charismatic' and the 'supercharismatic" groups.

As I've Tried to share with you -- the Holy Spirit / God is the One who gives to each believer whatever spiritual gift God /Holy Spirit chooses to give a person. We do Not ask for any of it. Which means that Your comment "God does not act, does not speak, does not give gifts" is Not Biblical based.

The other extreme as you refer to it -- Are the un-Scriptural , falling backwards, laughing type of reactions are Not brought on by the Holy Spirit. It IS brought on by pastors / leaders who get their congregations all emotional / psyched up and they end up doing those activities.

And, yes, at some point in the future - the AntiChrist or others Will be doing False 'miracles'. But - born-again believers will Not be here during that time in future history. "We" will be with Jesus Christ in the midst of other Wonderful activities.
Sue, i did not wrote to you this post.
I dont assume that you are part of charisnatics.
I said that the sane spurit (the devil) who is back of the neocharismatic moovement is also deceiving people to dont believe at the real Holy Spirit.
I speak in tongues as the whole church does, i beleve in prophesies and all the gifts
However i said rhat i dont believe to all who perfom miracles,(those who fall backwards,laughing etc i said are Not of God).
We the church understand the diefereense between real and fake on the spiritual things, like day and night, but those who are outside dont. So some of theme are deceived and think that this is the real Holy Spirit because tgey see some manifestatiobs....whike others are deceived to dont receive even the real Holy Spirit..because are unablevto know which is the real.
That is what Satan does to both of them, the first are deceived to receive an other spirit and the others are deceived to receive nothing.

Loyal
The Protestant churches are those Lutherans, Presbyterians , Methodists who broke away From the faulty non-Biblical teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Some of the men within the RCC were trying to reform it's teachings from within but it didn't happen. The Protestant Reformation.
Pentecostal/Charismatic churches also consider themselves Protestant, as they also are "protesting" the RCC.

As the Holy Spirit enabled them to. vs 5 continues to say that there were at that time in Jerusalem, Jews from all parts of that huge area who came together. Many different dialects were spoken by the Jews -- true tongues is when everyone could understand what Peter was telling them -in their own dialect / language.

The gift of tongues Now is Still meant in a situation where there are non-believing Jews present. And there are to be interpreters present to tell the others in the group exactly what is being said.
I have to wonder where this teaching comes from.

In the case of Cornelius (Acts 10), all the "Jews" present were already believers, those who spoke in tongues were Gentiles, in the case of Simon the sorceror and the Samaritans, all the "Jews" were already believers, those who spoke in tongues were Samaritans.. In the case of the
"disciples at Ephesus" (Acts 19) those who spoke in tongues were Ephesians, there were no "unbelieving Jews" present to hear whatever was said.

Anyone who teaches a different dispensation for the Jews is teaching a false gospel.

And also th
Hi brother :smile:
Prayers according to Bible are:
1) Awlays and only to the Father. ( Jesus prayer was "Father glorified be your name" because was not totally manifest His name.
2) We only go to the Father through the name of Jesus:
"If you ask in my name ,i will do it that the Father be glorified IN the Son" So how you ask directly to Jesus in hius name? :smile: do you say "dear Jesus in the name of Jesus"? of course not! But you just go directly to Jesus.
-The He said "what ever you ask my Father in MY name, He will do it"
3) Examples of prayer in Jesus name:
-A)Of purpose! without actually reapeat "in the name of Jesus" :Acts 4: 24 "And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou [art] God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: 25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? 26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. 27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, 28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. 29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,; 30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. "
-B) Directly in the name: Acts 7: 59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
4)
All prayers in Scripture are by the name "Lord" a) because in the Old Testament God was addressing like that and b) Because we acknowledge Jesus as Lord. (the Bible emphatically says that "there is only One Lord" and "there is only one body and One Spirit" and that "The Lord is that Spirit" and we know "God is Spirit" .
So to the question "do we pr;ay to the Spirit" there is a yes and no! Yes because God/Jesus is that Spirit and No because there is always the name Lord Jesus or the title Father and not His nature addressing .

The name that all baptisms were formed is JESUS:
Matt.28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Do you notice that there is only One singular name and not 3? He did not said "in the names" but "in the ONE name"
Peter (who had "the keys of the Kingdom" ) understood this name and baptised like that:
Acts 2: 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
8d of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
10¨48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
19¨: 5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Rom.6: 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?1 2 Γαλ. 3:27; 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Now about the name of Jesus"
John 17"11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name which whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are]
26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare [it]: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
Rom 10 : 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
That is the name of the LORD which is said in the Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
so Lord name is Jesus (Jesus means "Jehovah is salvation")
We also know that there is not "other name unfer the heaven that we can be saved"!!!!!
And that nbame is the name above all names!
Jesus came and manifest His Father`s name and inhered!!!!!
Phil.2: 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; 11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(
now about the Spirt we know that Jesus is the Spirit. . Look some names:
"The Spirit of Christ that was in the prophets"
"the Spirit of your Father"
"the Spirit of God"
"the Spirit of His SOn"
"the Spirit of glory"
"God is Spirit" (and He is Holy)
"Now the Lord is that Spirit" (2 Cor.) and we know there is only One Spirit and only One God and only One Lord. (this is very emphatic in the Bible, so what ever expression like "two lords" or "two spirits" i don't accept them)
We know Jesus said "the Spirit that the Father will send in MY name" and also "John 14: If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." 17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. :smile:

glory to God!!!!!! i love you and everyone who loves the wonderful name of Jesus our Lord!!1
And also through Jesus. Read the book of Hebrews.

Matt 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

I wonder why the Bible would say ...the name of.... the Father. the Son. ...and the Holy Spirit?
In the first bible you don't found Mathew 28:19. It was brought by Constantine for making theire false trinity teaching.

Many people don't know what the Holy Spirit is. The Holy Spirit is God the Father and Jesus His Son their Spirit. The Holy Spirit is their mind/breathe. It is their power that are everywhere. Jesus says I am the Alpha and Omega, between the Alfa and Omega I am everywhere. Read Revelation 1.

Active
In the first bible you don't found Mathew 28:19. It was brought by Constantine for making theire false trinity teaching.

The trinity is seen throughout Scripture Starting with Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea,........... vs 27 "So God created man in His own image......"

Now -- maybe you mean 'in the first Manuscripts". But That would not fit with the rest of Scripture Either. The trinity is Not a false teaching. A False teaching would be that there is a Savior Other than Jesus Christ. And there Is John 14:6 where Jesus is saying "I am the way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh to the Father, but by Me." That "Me" is Jesus Christ. And a False teaching would be that the cross of Calvary / Christ's shed blood on the cross / needs something Else or, in addition / to make a person's salvation complete.

The trinity makes our salvation Possible. Look at Matthew 1:20 "..... for that which is conceived in her (Mary) is of the Holy Spirit." And That goes back to Isaiah 7:14 The prophesy a virgin shall be with child and bear a Son , and they shall call His name Immanuel? which is translated "God with us." Also in Luke 1:35 An Angel told Mary that the Holy Spirit would come upon her and that the Holy One who is born will be the Son of God. Mary was asking the angel how That could happen to her because she knew she was a virgin / that she had never 'known' a man.

Thus - the Holy Spirit is part of the trinity.

Jesus Christ died on the cross and shed His blood to wash away / cover/ Our sins = the Son of God = second part of the trinity

God the Father -- our creator of Everything. the provider of the gift Of salvation. And 'salvation' is Saving us / those who accept Jesus Christ As their Personal Savior / from having to spend eternity in the lake of fire and brimstone that we're told about in book of Revelation. BECAUSE of God's love and mercy / grace / He has provided the Only way to eternal life with Him in what is called the New Jerusalem which we're told about in Revelation 20 or so. God will be bringing That down from heaven To us.

Without the trinity -- there Is No Scripture and we know there Is His Word / Scripture / because we've been discussing it.

No doubt there are many things that Can be attributed to Constantine -- but that which You are saying -- is not one of them.

The Matthew 28 passage - starts with vs 18 actually " Jesus Christ is telling His disciples -- which would include all believers extending from them onward To go and make disciples of All nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit , teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. And it extends to verse 20.

Active
Many people don't know what the Holy Spirit is. The Holy Spirit is God the Father and Jesus His Son their Spirit. The Holy Spirit is their mind/breathe. It is their power that are everywhere. Jesus says I am the Alpha and Omega, between the Alfa and Omega I am everywhere. Read Revelation 1.

Many people don't read their Bible. The Holy Spirit is the third part of the trinity -- all three parts have their own 'jobs' and also work Together. The Godhead. And the trinity Can be confusing/ not really understandable Completely.

It's kind of like the force of gravity. It's very Real -- it can't be seen but we do See / observe the affects Of gravity. Gravity Does pull a person Towards the ground. A person falls Down and sometimes breaks a bone. And a person does Not have to Understand gravity to know it's alive and well and does work.

Many people don't read their Bible. The Holy Spirit is the third part of the trinity -- all three parts have their own 'jobs' and also work Together. The Godhead. And the trinity Can be confusing/ not really understandable Completely.

It's kind of like the force of gravity. It's very Real -- it can't be seen but we do See / observe the affects Of gravity. Gravity Does pull a person Towards the ground. A person falls Down and sometimes breaks a bone. And a person does Not have to Understand gravity to know it's alive and well and does work.
What or who is the Holy Spirit?

pet

Yes Trinity is false doctrine mannade
But the verse in Matthew 28 is original.
Thus the name Lord Jesus is the name of the Father that gave (inhered) his Son and also His Spirit is send in His name.

Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
Greetings,

good point

A False teaching would be that there is a Savior Other than Jesus Christ. And there Is John 14:6 where Jesus is saying "I am the way, the Truth and the Life, no man cometh to the Father, but by Me." That "Me" is Jesus Christ. And a False teaching would be that the cross of Calvary / Christ's shed blood on the cross / needs something Else or, in addition / to make a person's salvation complete.
and it covers a very wide range of additions and/or subtractions.
Can we save ourselves? Being dead in sin it is an impossibility. So, being made alive in Christ, can we then save ourselves?
Or, are we reminded regularly and often that God sent His Son?

Bless you ....><>

Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
But he said to me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”
Revelation 22:9

Active
What or who is the Holy Spirit?

The Holy Spirit is the part of the trinity / Godhead / that comes to indwell each believer at the moment of their salvation. Ephesians 1: 7 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace ......vs 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will. vs 12 " that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
vs 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise. vs 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."

And it was the Holy Spirit that came upon Mary, the mother of Jesus, in order to bring Jesus Christ into this world. As a virgin, she was able to conceive Jesus Christ and He was born. Thus Jesus Christ was 100% deity and 100% human. And as such -- He was the only 'human' being who Could die for our sins As well as rise again on that 3rd day. So -- salvation is not possible without the Holy Spirit. That part of the Godhead has Many 'jobs'.

Active
Is it biblical to praise and worship the Holy Spirit?
We worship a Triune God, Father Son and Holy Spirit, although I am not aware of scripture telling us to praise and worship the Holy Spirit, but God is spirit. '

I personally do not think God would be offended by this, after all the Holy Spirit is part of the God Head. I often thank the Father, Son and Holy Spirit individually and as God, I am sure I also sing their praises one by one and as God.

Is not the Holy Spirit part of God, are we not told to worship God, then how can it be wrong to pray and worship the Holy Spirit, providing we are not just singling Him out of the three.

Just my thoughts Dave

Active
Greetings,

good point

and it covers a very wide range of additions and/or subtractions.
Can we save ourselves? Being dead in sin it is an impossibility. So, being made alive in Christ, can we then save ourselves?
Or, are we reminded regularly and often that God sent His Son?

Bless you ....><>

And, yes, there Are a Lot of false teachings in this world being taught. That's why a person needs to be reading their Bible on their own as well as hearing it taught. And that's why we have John 14:6 where Jesus Christ is telling mankind that He, Jesus Christ "is the way , the Truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but through Him."

And no - No one can save him / her self. And, yes, we Are physically alive but spiritually Dead. One of the 'jobs' Of the Holy Spirit is that of convicting a person Of their sins / sinfulness.

No one can Ever save him or herself. Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace ye are saved through faith and that , no of ourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works lest any man should boast." If we had anything thing to do with our own salvation it would be tempting to boast about 'how good we are' or what We have done.

Active
No!! What is His name?

We know God the Father's name Gen 17:1. We know God the Son's name. We do not know His name. So it can only be odd / out of place to direct praise or worship to Him. Especially with all the ''spiritual'' teaching today.

Bendito hit the nail on the head in post # 2.
The Holy spirit does have other names @KingJ

Jesus said I will send a 'helper'

We are also told the Holy Spirit will be: Comforter, Counsellor, Advocate

These three words are translations of the Greek parakletos, from which we get “Paraclete,” another name for the Spirit.

Loyal
Nobody can worship without God directing them by the Holy Spirit.

Php 3:3 For we [Christians] are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit and by the Spirit of God and exult and glory and pride ourselves in Jesus Christ, and put no confidence or dependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances--(AMP)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jesus_is_LORD Sermons & Podcasts 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
B-A-C Bible Discussions 23