• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Worldly gain vs godliness

This can be a difficult message for some Christians to accept living in our world today. Many of us have been misled at some point in our lives to believe that because God loves us, we should always be happy and have everything we want. The bible, however, reveals that receiving good things in life here on earth does not necessarily mean God loves us and we will go to heaven.
God chastens his children, that they may learn:
We know God loves us because he deals with each of us on a very personal level, to help us recognize our own sin that we may repent.

2 Corinthians 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; 10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Gain is NOT equal to godliness.

Luke 16: 19 ¶ There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29 Abraham saith unto him,They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Matthew 16: 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

1 Timothy 6: 1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. 2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort. 3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; 4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, 5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Hebrews 13: 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Proverbs 1: 15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path: 16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood. 17 Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird. 18 And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives. 19 So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.

Proverbs 15: 27 He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.

Isaiah 33: 13 ¶ Hear, ye that are far off, what I have done; and, ye that are near, acknowledge my might. 14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? 15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil; 16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure

22 ¶ And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. 24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? 25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? 26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? 29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. 30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

31 ¶ But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. 32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. 34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 35 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; 36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. 37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

God bless! and Thank you for your thoughts!

Active
amen!
I find this a particular problem in some word of faith circles which I don't associate with anymore after finding out they were praying to God for riches and money. And that was pretty much all they were concerned about.

When I was a new christian I didn't know all this upon meeting them at first, but then felt something not right in my spirit when everytime I went to those kinds of churches they begged people for money, and told their congregation if they didn't give, they were robbing God. So then no wonder these people were praying to God to give them money so they could give to the church leaders who told them God wouldn't bless them if they didn't give them money!!!

Active
Excellent Hallyson!

Prosperity teachers are magicians. They convince many to leave the lusts of the flesh and world behind... by pursuing the lusts of the flesh and world.

Loyal
Oh come on here. This is not a very well thought out example of true biblical prosperioty or how God desires us to live.
The use of scriptures in the OP is not only out of context but makes no point in what the post is claiming for the most part.

If you want to be poor cause it makes you feel humble so be it but please do not try to claim this is Gods will for man.

This can be a difficult message for some Christians to accept living in our world today. Many of us have been misled at some point in our lives to believe that because God loves us, we should always be happy and have everything we want. The bible, however, reveals that receiving good things in life here on earth does not necessarily mean God loves us and we will go to heaven.
God chastens his children, that they may learn:
We know God loves us because he deals with each of us on a very personal level, to help us recognize our own sin that we may repent.

The above in red is your take and not what scripture teaches.
Would you like to bring Gods word to the table and fiind out His truth in this ?

God Bless
Jim

Active
The above in red is your take and not what scripture teaches. Would you like to bring Gods word to the table and fiind out His truth in this ?
God Bless Jim
Actually her take is exactly what scripture teaches. Your take is a very contrived take. I look forward to a live debate one day with you on this. Where unbiased judges will halt and expose your elusiveness.

Loyal
Actually her take is exactly what scripture teaches. Your take is a very contrived take. I look forward to a live debate one day with you on this. Where unbiased judges can stop your elusiveness.
Oh it is so nice to see you here brother KJ.
How about putting Gods word on the table and proving what is correct and what is not.
As long as you can supply scriptures with a spiritual understanding and NOT human reasoning we might actually get some place. Can you do this ?

1Colossians2:8 ( NLT )
8.. Dont let ANYONE lead you astray with Empty Philosophy and High Sounding Non Sense That COMES FROM HUMAN THINKING and from the evil powers of this world and NOT FROM CHRIST.......

God Bless my Brother
James

Active
Oh it is so nice to see you here brother KJ.
How about putting Gods word on the table and proving what is correct and what is not.
As long as you can supply scriptures with a spiritual understanding and NOT human reasoning we might actually get some place. Can you do this ?

1Colossians2:8 ( NLT )
8.. Dont let ANYONE lead you astray with Empty Philosophy and High Sounding Non Sense That COMES FROM HUMAN THINKING and from the evil powers of this world and NOT FROM CHRIST.......

God Bless my Brother
James
Jim you and I have had enough discussion on this. My conclusion is that you are very elusive in the face of overwhelming evidence. The only thing left for you and I is a formal debate. Where you cannot expect a line like ''you are not listening to the spirit whatsoever'' to hold water.

If anyone else wants a discussion on this I will gladly discuss and bring scripture.

Amen to Col 2:8!

Loyal
Jim you and I have had enough discussion on this. My conclusion is that you are very elusive in the face of overwhelming evidence. The only thing left for you and I is a formal debate. Where you cannot expect a line like ''you are not listening to the spirit whatsoever'' to hold water.

If anyone else wants a discussion on this I will gladly discuss and bring scripture.

Brother Kj I do have to disagree with you here. I have only spoken from truth and not human understanding.
If you want me to take you serious then leave out all the human ways as examples from what you speak.

So what are you saying - you will only talk with those who agree with you ?
I am not going to to keep going back and forth. If what you say is TRUE about what I speak - then show me and every one else what that is - it will take Gods word and understanding of His word and NOT human thinking.

Have a wonderful time
J

Loyal
From what I understand of what is written above, I believe that HAllyson Lanolin and KingJ are saying that to be blessed with riches is a bad thing...If so I do have to say that this is religious nonsense. It totally contradicts the Word.
Do you know the very first words God spoke to man was blessing? Genesis 1:22 (CJB)

Do you know that it is God who gives us the power to get wealth?
Deuteronomy 8:18 (CJB)
No, you are to remember Adonai your God, because it is he who is giving you the power to get wealth, in order to confirm his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as is happening even today.

God wants you to be rich!!
What does the Bible say?

1. Proverbs 11:25-26 Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. The people curse him who holds back grain, but a blessing is on the head of him who sells it.

2. 2 Corinthians 9:8-11 Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work. As it is written, “He scatters everywhere and gives to the poor; his righteousness lasts forever.” Now he who supplies seed to the farmer and bread to eat will also supply you with seed and multiply it and enlarge the harvest that results from your righteousness. In every way you will grow richer and become even more generous, and this will cause others to give thanks to God because of us,

3. Luke 12:48 But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.

4. 2 Corinthians 9:6 Remember this: The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously.

5. Romans 12:13 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

KingJ Have you ever noticed how nobody pays any attention to the opinions of paupers? Have you ever realized how much good you could do if you had money enough to do above your own needs? Whether or not you like it...most of these 'prosperity teachers' are teaching the truth. And there you are listening to an unbelieving preacher and still being taught the very milk of the Word instead of the meat. May I suggest you go to the Holy Spirit to be taught? That's what He wants.

Loyal
amen!
I find this a particular problem in some word of faith circles which I don't associate with anymore after finding out they were praying to God for riches and money. And that was pretty much all they were concerned about.

When I was a new christian I didn't know all this upon meeting them at first, but then felt something not right in my spirit when everytime I went to those kinds of churches they begged people for money, and told their congregation if they didn't give, they were robbing God. So then no wonder these people were praying to God to give them money so they could give to the church leaders who told them God wouldn't bless them if they didn't give them money!!!

So does your new church teach that faith works by love? I've never heard a non word of faith church teach that. These 'word of faith churches teach how to walk by faith...They teach that giving is a blessing in itself. And it is...They teach that one must They teach that one must walk in Love or his faith will not work. Does your new church teach that? The bible does...

Loyal
It seems when people hear the word Prosperity - they automatically think of money. They are NOT incorrect but rather INCOMPLETE. Biblical Prosperity pertains to your health and relationships and friends and job understanding and money and so much more. It is every single part of you and your life.

Look at a pie that has been cut into many slices. You will see a whole pie or a complete pie BUT if you take one slice out you do NOT have a whole pie or complete pie. It is the same with Biblical Prosperity.

3:John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

You may prosper EVEN AS Your Souls Prospers
Soul is our MIND - WILL and EMOTIONS
So it seems that we can prosper in other area's besides our mind and will and emotions which are all tied together as our soul. So how do you do this..

Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(( Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day ))

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(( Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else. ))

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(( The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least. ))

All done through the Grace of God who maketh all grace abound to me. ( 2 Corinthians 9:8 )

As we learn and grow ( Prosper ) in this area God will Prosper us in other area's as well. He will not prosper you above your level of believing or faith.

..........................NOW LOOK AT THESE....................

Matthew 6:33
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Psalm 112
Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

2. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

3. Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. ( or be intact )

4. Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

5. A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

6.Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

7. He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.

8.His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.

9. He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.

10. The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.

We see in Psalm 112 that The one walking up-right before God and in His ways ---WEALTH AND RICHES ARE IN HIS HOUSE - HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURETH FOREVER........ that does not sound like being rich or wealthy is a sin or against Gods will for man - now does it.........

THINGS,,,,,,,,,,,
1Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

We see here that God Gives us ALL THINGS to Richly Enjoy - not hardly enjoy but Richly enjoy............

So with that said we now can make sense out of
1John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

First let me say what this scripture does not say - It does NOT SAY God does not love him - it says the Love Of God is not in Him - meaning he does not understand the depth of Gods love..........

GOD IS LOVE......
We love God and we Love the things of God and we Love people
Dont you dare say - oh I love bacon and eggs or my new shirt....No other wise you have just perverted the word LOVE. God is Love...

We see in scripture we are to ENJOY these things - not love them and NO PLACE does it say we are NOT to have them - it simply says do NOT LOVE them.

This is only a little portion of what Gods written word has to say about this.
With what our dearly loved brother @Bendito has written and this post - we have enough to get the ball rolling. Now please stick to the scriptures and what they say.

God Bless
James ( so used to using this name from my email that writing Jim any more seems strange ) lol

Active
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

This verse tells us how God thinks of us. Did you know He has you on His mind constantly? Did you know you were on His mind before you even came to be? What could He possibly have in store for you? What is His plan for you?

His plan for you is always good, never harmful, and only for you to experience His SHALOM! Shalom encompasses many meanings: peace, blessing, health, goodness, prosperity, success, rest, safety, and wholeness.

Nowhere is failure, sickness, poverty, or trouble ordained by God in our lives. He is our good, good Father, our perfect Father, and He only knows how to do only good things for His children, always thinking of their good welfare.

Active
So does your new church teach that faith works by love? I've never heard a non word of faith church teach that. These 'word of faith churches teach how to walk by faith...They teach that giving is a blessing in itself. And it is...They teach that one must They teach that one must walk in Love or his faith will not work. Does your new church teach that? The bible does...
yes the church I go to (a baptist) does teach that faith without works is dead.
Yes we are to love one another.
it is giving ourselves as an offering not just money.

Active

I don't know any strong Christians who think that giving only money is what isxrequired of the children of God.

So...why the inference?

Loyal
You are to love one another how? Do you mean gooshy feelings? Do you mean giving till it hurts to one who is lacking? Or is it theory? Tell me about how you're taught to love one another. I mean Love is an action word...How are you taught to love one another?

Loyal

So Jesus, who is the minister of our seed, gives us seed to supply our needs and to sow into other people so they SEE the love of God for them and some find it right to refuse that honor and responsibility... 2 Corinthians 9:9-12 (CJB)
9 as the Tanakh (Old Covenant) says,

“He gave generously to the poor;
his tzedakah (righteousness) lasts forever.”
a]">[a]

10 He who provides both seed for the planter and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed and increase the harvest of your tzedakah (righteousness). 11 You will be enriched in every way, so that you can be generous in everything. And through us your generosity will cause people to thank God, 12 because rendering this holy service not only provides for the needs of God’s people, but it also overflows in the many thanks people will be giving to God.

Jesus gives you the seed to sow, you refuse it, and how many people miss out on seeing the love God has for them and end up in the darkness for all eternity?

Active
1. From what I understand of what is written above, I believe that HAllyson Lanolin and KingJ are saying that to be blessed with riches is a bad thing...If so I do have to say that this is religious nonsense. It totally contradicts the Word. Do you know the very first words God spoke to man was blessing? Genesis 1:22 (CJB)

Do you know that it is God who gives us the power to get wealth?
Deuteronomy 8:18 (CJB)
No, you are to remember Adonai your God, because it is he who is giving you the power to get wealth, in order to confirm his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as is happening even today.

2. God wants you to be rich!!
What does the Bible say?

3. 1. Proverbs 11:25-26 Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. The people curse him who holds back grain, but a blessing is on the head of him who sells it.

2 Corinthians 9:8-11 Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work. As it is written, “He scatters everywhere and gives to the poor; his righteousness lasts forever.” Now he who supplies seed to the farmer and bread to eat will also supply you with seed and multiply it and enlarge the harvest that results from your righteousness. In every way you will grow richer and become even more generous, and this will cause others to give thanks to God because of us,

3. Luke 12:48 But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.

4. 2 Corinthians 9:6 Remember this: The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously.

5. Romans 12:13 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

4. KingJ Have you ever noticed how nobody pays any attention to the opinions of paupers?

5. Have you ever realized how much good you could do if you had money enough to do above your own needs?

6. Whether or not you like it...most of these 'prosperity teachers' are teaching the truth.

7. And there you are listening to an unbelieving preacher and still being taught the very milk of the Word instead of the meat. May I suggest you go to the Holy Spirit to be taught? That's what He wants.

1. No. I am supporting the fact that life for the God fearing can be hell. This is the only chance God has to put us through trials and tribulations. He will use it. I tell God daily that I am no Job. I have not got the faith needed to endure what he did.

2. We are not God that can presume to know His plan for our life. He may or may not want us to be rich. We need to learn to be content in Him, rich or poor.
Phil 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

3. I do not disagree with those scriptures. We just can't walk on a promise basis with God. We give, we then 'demand' He blesses / gives tenfold return. We should also see real blessings as treasure in heaven.

4. That's because most people are fools. Poor people who are not lazy can all teach us about faith. In heaven they will have quite a testimony. As will the sick. Prophet so and so who endured through sickness and health, poverty and riches. Imagine a wife being faithful to you through poverty and sickness. She will be worth her weight in GOLD!!!!! Same with us to God. The reality is that most wives won't stick with poor and sick men :(. Its the same with Christians to God. Hence God mostly blesses most. I am sure, in fact I know He is dying to put us through a trial like that. It is the ONLY way to build depth in a relationship. Think about it!!! No pain no gain ;)!! I am always reminded of how their are Matt 7:22 and then James 1:27 Christians at church.

5. How much? You really think God needs money to do things? God can print all the paper money in the world without even lifting a finger. If it takes faith of a mustard seed to move a mountain....It takes faith a very finely sharpened pencil dot to print paper money. So if God does not do this for us, there must be one hell of a good reason for it.

You have to try and understand that the reason we are on earth is to help God with the complications involved in getting someone to actually love Him. God is like a rich man trying to find a bride that actually does love Him. If He had to flash his money he will get every bride on the planet. But none would actually love Him.

Jesus is trying to teach us a very important lesson with the mustard seed sarcasm!!! We need to learn it!!!!

6. I disagree. I see most prosperity teachers teaching their flock that they are super Jews who can hold God to promises if they have unwavering faith and are super bold. We are not Jews. We are not to be disrespectful to God. Faith is not something separate from our Christianity. It is the very reason we are a Christian.

7. Job understood meat. People who have everything going right for them doubtful. You really can't see that? Trials, tribulations and uncomfortable circumstances is Christianity 101. IE living by the spirit and not the flesh is Christianity 101.

The peace of God surpasses all understanding... because the world will see us in hell and not understand why we are at peace.

Active
His plan for you is always good, never harmful, and only for you to experience His SHALOM! Shalom encompasses many meanings: peace, blessing, health, goodness, prosperity, success, rest, safety, and wholeness..
I do not believe we are reading the same bible.

Active
So Jesus, who is the minister of our seed, gives us seed to supply our needs and to sow into other people so they SEE the love of God for them and some find it right to refuse that honor and responsibility... 2 Corinthians 9:9-12 (CJB)
9 as the Tanakh (Old Covenant) says,

“He gave generously to the poor;
his tzedakah (righteousness) lasts forever.”
a]">[a]

10 He who provides both seed for the planter and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed and increase the harvest of your tzedakah (righteousness). 11 You will be enriched in every way, so that you can be generous in everything. And through us your generosity will cause people to thank God, 12 because rendering this holy service not only provides for the needs of God’s people, but it also overflows in the many thanks people will be giving to God.

Jesus gives you the seed to sow, you refuse it, and how many people miss out on seeing the love God has for them and end up in the darkness for all eternity?

Mother Theresa is a shining example of this scripture.