• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why is this happening?

Yen

I've always believed. I read the Bible. I pray. But why is this happening? I've seen God moved in my life. A lot of times. Whenever bad times would come, I have faith that he would help get over it.

Whenever I feel anxious, I would pray and it will be gone. But now, it's different. I don't know what kind of test is this. I just want to get over this and get back to track. Why is God doing this?

I lost my job. My friends who promised to help me, abandoned me. I said, I still have God I will be able to move on.

But 2 months have passed. I have been praying for a job, so I could pay my debts and this rent that has been overdue for months. My landlord has been pestering me, even after I have said that I'm doing my best to pay him.

Today, I went to the people in the a small church I found where I live. I tried asking if they could lend me money but all of them are in the same situation as me. Nothing to lend. I asked a friend who lives in a faraway town if I could live with her for a while, but she showed signs that she doesn't like it. I understand anyway, she's married.

I don't understand. What else should I do. Why did God let it up to this point? God said he doesn't forsake his people. But that's what I feel now. I don't want to doubt my Lord. I don't know what to do. I have nowhere to go. Who should I go ask for help? I only had God, but now I don't know.... I have been asking for help, no one came to rescue.

My faith is dying. I don't want to not believe.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hello @Yen

Please meditate on these passages.

“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James‬ ‭1:2-4‬ ‭

“In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter‬ ‭1:6-9‬ ‭

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.” Jeremiah‬ ‭29:11-14‬ ‭

“Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews‬ ‭13:5‬ ‭

Active
@Yen you & I must be paddling down the river in the same boat. I too have been out of work for at least 3 months now. My faith is the ONLY thing that gives me hope. My friends or lack there of are non existent. My family, the very few I do have are in similar situations. If I haven't learned a single thing from reading my Bible I have learned this much... When God seems to be far away it is during that time he is the closest. I have FINALLY accepted the fact that it's NOT about OUR wants. It is about GODS PLAN for OUR lives. God is NEVER too busy for us. We've just got to let him do HIM work. I always had to have my 2 cents & meddling fingers in his plan & that is why he never gotten the chance to do what needed to be done. I was too busy thinking I was helping him along with me but all I did was mess things up. He backed off & let me fiddle with it until I figured out that unless I let HIM do his work I would never be right.

Do NOT let this ordeal separate you from God. He IS with you & he HAS NOT forsaken you. I PROMISE YOU THAT!!!!! He doesn't go back on his word WE do that. When God says things he means them then, now & FOREVER. Do not doubt, do not let satan make you think God has left you high & dry. Satans a LIAR AND he's going to hell for all eternity. No job, no one to turn to for help, no place to stay - that is a perfect feeding ground for satan to lie to you & to get you to doubt Gods word. Not only is it God's word, it's God's PROMISE & satan himself KNOWS personally that God WILL follow through with what he has said. But in the meantime while we tend to assume God walked away & moved on that is when satan smoothly walks in & makes his move. Satan has my idea of need make sense, he sides with me when I have doubt about God working in my life, he makes me feel superior when I feel like I have had enough & can't take no more. Then God steps in & says I have had enough of you lying to my kid ya SLIME BALL NOW BACK OFF before I flick you like a booger!!!!

Look at what God allowed satan to do to Job. He lost his family, his crops, his entire life a few times over but God had a plan - a much bigger plan for Job. Job never thought God left him, he KNEW better. You may be as Job right now. God has a bigger & better plan for you. I'm just as impatient as anyone maybe even more so. I want things done & I want them RIGHT NOW & God knows that. He also knows that I KNOW he doesn't dance to my tune (even though I want him to at times). He's forced me to have patience by having me wait & lean on his time. I'm the HURRY UP & GET IT DONE kind of person but with God he has been proving to me that my time isn't the best time.

Faith of a mustard seed Yen, That's all you need. Don't doubt & KNOW that God is RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!!

Active

RJ

What makes you think God is responsible for this. Because he said it, well all, to one degree or another suffer....he said we all will have trials and tribulations. I personally can't say if he is causing this but, with certain, I can say that he is interested in how you handle it. If you are truly a Christian, you are "Born Again", and his spirit lives in you. So, you may think in your mind that he has forsaken you, but his promise to never leave you is in your heart.....Go back to the point when you first believe....how did you feel at that moment....go back to that day, remember how it felt and dwell on that and keep reading his word!

Loyal
But 2 months have passed. I have been praying for a job, so I could pay my debts
Sorry to say this (I am currently unemployed for almost 2 years now) but most Christians pray for their own needs most times.
Understanding and wisdom is required as a Bible reader. We ought to be able to draw on the scriptures in explaining faith through good and bad times.
There are plenty of scriptures on the trials of our faith (by allowing the enemy to move against us, for Jesus and our Father are NOT the instigators
of evil; but we are subject to common temptations and trials applicable to all peoples). The difference for the Christian faithful is that we have our
Lord Jesus and through the Holy Spirit access to our Father in heaven. Unbelievers who are unemployed don't have this.

A nurturing word of brotherly advice - rather than simply praying for your wants - try praying that even in these trying circumstances this prayer:
"Lord Jesus, how may I continue to serve you? What can I do for you and the gospel? How can I serve others?"
Surprise yourself with a change of attitude, and see how your Father responds in His time for your growth and benefit....

2Corinthians 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.

Yen

Don't doubt & KNOW that God is RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!!

He is here but why is he not doing anything? I don't understand anymore :/ I all alone here, with my family on the other side of the planet. I was confident because I had faith

@Waggles I can't let myself be unemployed for that long, especially since I'm in a foreign country where my goal is to study.

Active
God is your best friend. And he wants a personal relationship with you. Seek your treasures in heaven , for where your treasure is there will be your heart also. Amen

Active
Sister Yen,I do not know how old you are in the Lord,but i sure understand what you are going through!!! First please look at this sis.( 1Peter 4:12-16) i had lost my job,and was a month behind in rent,like you I went to so called brothers and sisters in a church to ask for help,and just like you,all i heard was excuse after excuse as to why each could not help me,and said i will pray for you. Kind of reminds you of ( James 2:14-17) Yea I know!!

So I went into prayer,I told the Lord I must hear from you,and will stay here until I do! After about the 3rd hour,my feeling and emotions were looking to take a hold of me,in my mind I heard laughter,hearing things like, what are you doing? You cannot get any answer! I yelled back I already have my answer,I am just waiting for the Lord to come out of hiding to give me the answer I need!!( Isaiah 45:15) Yes sister God does hide!!

He does not leave us or ever forsake us,but yes indeed,he sure does hide for a purpose!And what is that purpose one may ask?? So that the two of you find out just who you really believe! You find out,and the enemy finds out! I said nothing after this sis,and about the 5th hours Holy Spirit came upon me to minister! He said mark, how many hours do you work in a day? i said 8 Lord,and how many hours are you looking for a job? I said perhaps an hour or two,because I feel so depressed!

So you believe that after an hour or two of looking you will not find a job?? Is that right?? he then gave me James 1:5-8 to dwell upon!! Oh Oh!! My mindset needed to change!!( Rom 12:2) Holy Spirit reveled a job to be had at a Holiday Inn hotel as a night auditor,i have always been pretty good with figures sis,so I thanked the Lord and headed out to the Hotel!! i was excited,I was so thankful!!! I went to ask about the job,waiting for them to tell me yes,i have a job for you open in this position,but what i got was,I am sorry,we are not hiring at this time!! WHAT??

Remembering what Holy Spirit had said to me about James 1:5-8) I said I will be back in a few days,they said fine but we are not expecting any job to open up any time soon! As i left I said i am not going to believe that!! I believe Lord you told me this job was to be mine,and I will not stop until it is!! For 2 weeks every other day or so sis i went back to get my job!! LOL

On Wed of the second week,people saw me coming, and look to scatter away from me. LOL But the manager who had be seeing me do this came to the door this time.He said for over two weeks now you have come to receive the job of Night Auditor and you have been told time after time there was no job for you here,yet you still come here,you must really want this job,therefore I am going to hire you part time because you never gave up, and you must really want to work for our hotel.

SIS!! Within two weeks I got hired full time! No will change to yes,just like it did for Moses,just like it will for us! We just have to stay faithful in our Jesus,because we know that our Jesus said he is our very supplier!!( Phil 4:19!!) PERIOD!!!! May this encourage you sister to get what you need!! You need it,and Jesus sure wants you to have what you need as well!! We just have to preform the only work Jesus ever asked us to ever do!!! BELIEVE!!!! ( John 6:28-29!!) Jesus will take care of the rest!! Blessing to you!

Active
He is here but why is he not doing anything? I don't understand anymore :/ I all alone here, with my family on the other side of the planet. I was confident because I had faith

@Waggles I can't let myself be unemployed for that long, especially since I'm in a foreign country where my goal is to study.

I too can relate to EVERYTHING you're dealing with right now.

As soon as you grasp the fact that God is NOT on our watch & he doesn't dance to our tune nor does he go by the hands on a clock. It will be then that you humble yourself & realize that GODS plans are MUCH bigger & better than all of our plans put together. Do NOT put God in a little box by thinking you're in control of what he does & how he should react to your needs, wants or desires. If you have EVER understood God you are far better off than anyone here. Trying to understand God is like trying to know how far outer space is. Do not base God on your own understanding. He CREATED US, not he other way around. I KNOW your in need of a job, a place to live & all the necessities of a basic living. I also know that you're getting frustrated not knowing when, where, what & how. I have wasted more time being frustrated than I care to admit. Then I think about how long it took Noah to build the Ark. I mean c'mon... I would have had doubts & wanted to give up after working on something after a few weeks not seeing the rain come but NOT Noah. He was told to build the Ark & he did. I haven't found anywhere that Noah asked "How long do ya think this is gonna take?" Or "Can I be done now?" NOPE, he just kept building & waiting. PATIENCE needs to become a part of your relationship with God.

DO NOT let satan have you think God left you just because YOU think God is taking longer than you think he should.

Loyal
Aye, why is it that we suffer in this world of flesh? Why is that we are even here? [Don't think here of Jesus in his glory but of the man "in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." (Heb 4:15)] What was it that Jesus prayed when his flesh agonized about what he knew was his own terrible near future?

"O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Jesus was facing the crown of the thorns and the whip and the nails driven through hands and feet and the cross itself which would kill his body. That was his "cup". Is our pain worse than that? Is your pain, which I know for the moment for you is great, worse than that?

Why did God will for His Son to go through these things? Why is it that you must go through what you are going through? Do we expect living for God to be a bed of roses with no thorns?

Active
When you feel overwhelmed and doubt begins to creep in, remember the words of Peter when many disciples left Jesus when the going got rough:

John 6:66-69
At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him. 67 Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, “Are you also going to leave?”

68 Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. 69 We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God.”

One verse that buoyed my spirits when I was deep in depression and feeling hemmed in is:

Isaiah 43:2
When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.

Jesus is right there in your boat.

Active

RJ

If you are able, go back to the day you first believed:
"T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed."
http://www.metrolyrics.com/amazing-grace-lyrics-gospel.html#ixzz3yjcZhGdi

I don't understand why some suffer more than others in this life, but we all struggle. I am so blessed, that when Satin tries to creep in, I can go back to the day I first believed and my fears vanish! I pray you find that peace!

I've always believed. I read the Bible. I pray. But why is this happening? I've seen God moved in my life. A lot of times. Whenever bad times would come, I have faith that he would help get over it.

Whenever I feel anxious, I would pray and it will be gone. But now, it's different. I don't know what kind of test is this. I just want to get over this and get back to track. Why is God doing this?

I lost my job. My friends who promised to help me, abandoned me. I said, I still have God I will be able to move on.

But 2 months have passed. I have been praying for a job, so I could pay my debts and this rent that has been overdue for months. My landlord has been pestering me, even after I have said that I'm doing my best to pay him.

Today, I went to the people in the a small church I found where I live. I tried asking if they could lend me money but all of them are in the same situation as me. Nothing to lend. I asked a friend who lives in a faraway town if I could live with her for a while, but she showed signs that she doesn't like it. I understand anyway, she's married.

I don't understand. What else should I do. Why did God let it up to this point? God said he doesn't forsake his people. But that's what I feel now. I don't want to doubt my Lord. I don't know what to do. I have nowhere to go. Who should I go ask for help? I only had God, but now I don't know.... I have been asking for help, no one came to rescue.

My faith is dying. I don't want to not believe.
The same kind of things happened to me, pontificating fools of God whom know no compassion or mercy.

God will deal with them!