• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why does God seem so different in the OT than in the NT

In the Old testament . god was mainly dealing with mankind in a carnal way!
In the New testament , He is dealing with us in a Eternal way !
Spiritual

2Ti 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

these are the ONLY LAWS , God writes in our HEARTS!
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things,Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

2Co 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Jesus was the God of the Old Testament. He was the Word.
He was the one who spoke to Moses from the burning bush and gave us the Ten Commandments. Jesus was the one who led His Kings on earth, like Saul and David to battle the evil ones.
He spoke to the Prophets, and Abraham. He spoke to Adam in the Garden of Eden. Jesus was the God of the New Testament and the Old Testament
They were the same person. Jesus was the Fathers' spokesperson.