• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why do you, as " A True Child of GOD, read your Bible? No wrong answer here, But why?

Loyal
Well, for me: I just fell in love with it, after the Holy Spirit came upon me [in me] and its pages came alive and so filled me with over coming joy. It felt like the "Honey oil" from Heaven would pour and cover my heart, The more i would read, the more the "Anointing Oil" would pour, such joy that was inexpressible. It also would seem, like the Brightness of HIS existence was express in HIS WORD. The Joy of HIS presence was found between those pages. Excitement was in the written word about Him and not in a church settings, churches setting was mostly emotions of feelings, But The written WORD was GOD, in expressible.

It felt better than Sex!!!!! How could this be. And the Bible was the fuel that kept this compulsion going!!! Ain't no way in the world. I'm going stop this!
My wife thought i had lost my mind, i didn't want no sex! I wanted more of The WORD!!!!! So now i know, what drove the Reformers!!!! and The Apostles, who could lay down their lives!!!! Talking about power to witness no matter what!!!!! Who could not refuse to march in His name! But i did notice the less I read the weaker i felt the JOY and Power of the Holy Ghost! I figured, i guess you got to fill up with the WORD and obey to be filled in the SPIRIT of GOD! Because i did notice a lot of Christians was not on FIRE! I sure did not what that! because i like this!!!!!!! talking about "cold and luke warm". but at church, they were like "puppets on a puppeteers" strings. The preacher tells them to say Amen, they say Amen. The leaders tells them to pray, they pray. The leaders tell them to sing, they sing, The leaders tell tell them close their eyes, they close their eyes. Something just didn't feel right, Maybe because i was "born from above" at work and I sure wasn't following or hearing a preacher or institutional church. But hearing about "The Holy GHOST" from regular people at work how it had come upon them, And all the years they had been going to the church and thought they were saved and thought they had it. Come to find out they didn't. Until one day it just drop down on them.

Now that is partial why i read my Bible. To stay filled, The whole ARMOR! And keep my sword sharp, food for my Spirit, bread of life for my spirit, water of life for my Spiritual life, for it is bread indeed, it is a deep well i draw my water from. and when i come up short in my spiritual life, and spiritual sickness infects me, it is a medicine that heals my spiritual being and regulates my spiritual mind when i have been wounded by a spiritual enemy it heals me and comforts me and corrects me, convicts me, that i may confess and "Repent" of my spiritual dis-obedience, because He loves me and never leaves me, and because " I am" His and His alone and He wants me to walk in the fullness of His joy!

Active
To discover secrets hidden from the world of man since the world was created. God hid them, and it is the glory of kings to find them.

Being a child of God means to be within His word. 1 Peter 1:23 and James 1:18 - we must be born again through God's word.

Loyal
Why do I read my Bible? Because I always have. I was brought up in a Bible-teaching church -- a wonderful pastor and Sunday School teachers. Always in Bible. And once I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior it meant more to me.
There was a time that I needed to 'start over' in my marriage. I started reading in Genesis -- book of beginnings and read, and read and read until I was satisfied for that day. And the next day was the same. I was saturating my mind / heart with God's Word -- it's inner healing power.

To offer an explanation to the last question "what does it mean 'we must be born again through God's Word"? The Holy Spirit speaks to us Through His Word. Look at Romans 10:17 "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

The Word of God is what gets into our heart through the Holy Spirit. And Jesus Christ is telling us in John 14:6 "I am the Way the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by Me."

So It's the Word of God working in our heart -- whether through preaching or listening on a radio or TV -- or talking to a neighbor -- it's God's Word / quoting it that the Holy Spirit uses to reach into our heart.

Active
Why do you eat food for the body?? Because you know that if you do not eat after a while your body will die. Well I read the Lord's Word daily because that is food for our Spirit. Remember when the disciples were eating, and Jesus was asked why do you not eat??( John 4:31-34) and since we wish to stay in his will,we stay in his word. Also stay thankful!!( 1 Thess 5:18)

Just reading the Bible isn't enough. Many reads but it doesn't mean everyone has Holy Spirit. We read Bible to understand the Living Word of God whose understanding and practising capacity surely comes from God.

Loyal
Just reading the Bible isn't enough. Many reads but it doesn't mean everyone has Holy Spirit. We read Bible to understand the Living Word of God whose understanding and practising capacity surely comes from God.

The Bible Is the Living Word of God. And it's the Holy Spirit who gives us more understanding when we read it. We need to be reading It to grow spiritually.

Loyal
We need to be reading It to grow spiritually.

I agree with this, but do wonder about those wear the bible is outlawed and they can not get there hands on one,yet flourish in there faith. Romania in the mid 40s come to mind

Loyal
@Dave M. -- lots of those people have memorized portions / written bits and pieces down when they can. God's Word is living / powerful and gets where it needs to be -- part of the job of the Holy Spirit.

We are very blessed in this country and , at times, don't realize it.

Well, for me: I just fell in love with it, after the Holy Spirit came upon me [in me] and its pages came alive and so filled me with over coming joy. It felt like the "Honey oil" from Heaven would pour and cover my heart, The more i would read, the more the "Anointing Oil" would pour, such joy that was inexpressible. It also would seem, like the Brightness of HIS existence was express in HIS WORD. The Joy of HIS presence was found between those pages. Excitement was in the written word about Him and not in a church settings, churches setting was mostly emotions of feelings, But The written WORD was GOD, in expressible.

It felt better than Sex!!!!! How could this be. And the Bible was the fuel that kept this compulsion going!!! Ain't no way in the world. I'm going stop this!
My wife thought i had lost my mind, i didn't want no sex! I wanted more of The WORD!!!!! So now i know, what drove the Reformers!!!! and The Apostles, who could lay down their lives!!!! Talking about power to witness no matter what!!!!! Who could not refuse to march in His name! But i did notice the less I read the weaker i felt the JOY and Power of the Holy Ghost! I figured, i guess you got to fill up with the WORD and obey to be filled in the SPIRIT of GOD! Because i did notice a lot of Christians was not on FIRE! I sure did not what that! because i like this!!!!!!! talking about "cold and luke warm". but at church, they were like "puppets on a puppeteers" strings. The preacher tells them to say Amen, they say Amen. The leaders tells them to pray, they pray. The leaders tell them to sing, they sing, The leaders tell tell them close their eyes, they close their eyes. Something just didn't feel right, Maybe because i was "born from above" at work and I sure wasn't following or hearing a preacher or institutional church. But hearing about "The Holy GHOST" from regular people at work how it had come upon them, And all the years they had been going to the church and thought they were saved and thought they had it. Come to find out they didn't. Until one day it just drop down on them.

Now that is partial why i read my Bible. To stay filled, The whole ARMOR! And keep my sword sharp, food for my Spirit, bread of life for my spirit, water of life for my Spiritual life, for it is bread indeed, it is a deep well i draw my water from. and when i come up short in my spiritual life, and spiritual sickness infects me, it is a medicine that heals my spiritual being and regulates my spiritual mind when i have been wounded by a spiritual enemy it heals me and comforts me and corrects me, convicts me, that i may confess and "Repent" of my spiritual dis-obedience, because He loves me and never leaves me, and because " I am" His and His alone and He wants me to walk in the fullness of His joy!
I read my Bible because the Word is ALIVE to me! I always pick up on something new when I read it, as so many of the passages mean one thing in the physical world, mean something else in the spiritual world, then I wait to see how God wants me to interpret the message in regards to my path and those around me. For instance Hebrews 4:12

For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of the soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow,and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

THIS is basically why I read it. This passage speaks volumes to me, and could be my favorite in the Bible thus far besides John 3:16 of course.

Loyal
I thank those who gave a answer: To "Why Do You as " a True Child of GOD, read Your Bible?" I hope there are others the "True Sons of The Living GOD" Born of HIS Spirit, Born of GOD and Not of The Flesh, But of Heaven, and who have Citzenship there.

There will be much to talk about at the ceremonial table and between the events of all things that will become new.

I thank those who gave a answer: To "Why Do You as " a True Child of GOD, read Your Bible?" I hope there are others the "True Sons of The Living GOD" Born of HIS Spirit, Born of GOD and Not of The Flesh, But of Heaven, and who have Citzenship there.

There will be much to talk about at the ceremonial table and between the events of all things that will become new.
I hope the ceremonial table talk is just to Praise the Lord and share in His excitement to show the Saints what He has created for them as the mansions and houses sit unoccupied right now, with golden nameplates on the doors, furnished and ready to welcome everyone home. The Lord is thrilled that everything is ready and the ceremony is about to begin. From my understanding the last of the garments are being sewn to fill the closets of the Saints but it is basically ready.

Loyal
I hope the ceremonial table talk is just to Praise the Lord and share in His excitement to show the Saints what He has created for them as the mansions and houses sit unoccupied right now, with golden nameplates on the doors, furnished and ready to welcome everyone home. The Lord is thrilled that everything is ready and the ceremony is about to begin. From my understanding the last of the garments are being sewn to fill the closets of the Saints but it is basically ready.
well one thing for sure the event will be nothing in anyway "Humanistic" in any form and communications or presentation or atmosphere or likness of anything the human mind could ever "comprehend" or could contain. For you will be in the presence of GOD.:cool: Sitting at His table! You see, the only thing i ever wonder about was, what kind of wine will be there, Jesus was talking about, for i like grade juice! Sweet grapes. He said that we will drink it together new in my Fathers Kingdom! I dont believe that was" Anthropormorphic". I guess everyone has their own throughts about sitting around that table.

Loyal
@PloughBoy -- are you referring to the marriage super of the Lamb? otherwise -- what ceremonial table / talk are you talking about. Scripture please.

Loyal
Is that really Scriptural, though. A person can do lots with Scripture that isn't really meant to be done.

Loyal
Is that really Scriptural, though. A person can do lots with Scripture that isn't really meant to be done.

Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a feast, a New Moon, or a Sabbath. 17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the body that casts it belongs to Christ.

Hebrews 8:5
The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."

Hebrews 10:1
For the law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves.

(Hebrews 9).
6Now when these things had been thus prepared, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle, performing the services. 7But into the second part the high priest went alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the people’s sins committed in ignorance; 8the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. 9It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience— 10concerned only with foods and drinks, various https://biblehub.com/nkjv/hebrews/9.htm#footnoteswashings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation.

Hebrews 9:24
For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

"Types and Shadows" is also The "Biblical Language". "One picture, can say a thousand words"