• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Who change the "Sabbath" with justification, did The Anti-christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
That subject has been debated for ever. The Sabbath worship is Old Testament -- it was "fulfilled" by the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ on the 1st day of the week. The Lord's Day in honor of His Bodily Resurrection.

There's nothing anti-Christ about it.

I haven't listened to the video yet. -- there's Nothing blaphemous about it. -- and yes, the 7th day was blessed. And yes, it Is Old Testament.

Actually only 9 of them are repeated in the New Testament. Keeping the sabboth is Not repeated.

We are saved by Faith -- not by keeping the law.

Our worshiping on Sunday has Nothing to do with the RCC . That is the 'lie'. And it has Nothing to do with the 'sun' god being worshiped.

Jesus Christ rose from the dead --Bodily on the 1st day of the week.

And, yes, it Was a very gradual change. Because people were trying to deny a risen Savior.

If a person Wants to continue worship on Saturday -- as long as it's not a 'good work' for salvation -- is fine. If a person wants to worship on 1st day of week -- that's fine Also.

Not bothering to listen to the rest of it.

Sue D.,
re: "The Sabbath worship is Old Testament -- it was 'fulfilled' by the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ on the 1st day of the week. The Lord's Day in honor of His Bodily Resurrection."

Any thoughts on why scripture is totally silent with regard to anyone observing the 1st day of the week in honor of the resurrection?

Loyal
Well -- the ending of all the Gospels states that Jesus Christ arose early in the morning of the 1st day of the week. That's what we're honoring. The Lord's Day. His bodily resurrection gives us salvation. Proves He was / indeed the Son of God.

Do 'we' really Need to be told to do so in Scripture? All the protestant churches I've ever seen have Sunday worship.

Sue D.
re: "Well -- the ending of all the Gospels states that Jesus Christ arose early in the morning of the 1st day of the week."

Actually, only Mark 16:9 - as it is translated in the KJV and similar translations - states that the resurrection took place on the first day of the week. And even that verse is questioned as regards its authenticity.

re: "Do 'we' really Need to be told to do so in Scripture?"

I don't know if it Needs to be told; it just seem curious that something so important to Christian life and spiritual devotion as 1st day of the week worship is never mentioned by any of the authors of the New Testament.

Loyal
@rstrats -- actually it's Also in Matthew 28:1 - 7 or so. After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn.

Also Mark 16:2 // Luke 24:1 // John 20:1

Now Why / Who is questioning the authenticity of all four accounts.

Back in those days, the bodily resurrection Of Jesus Christ was not widely accepted. Those who Did faced persecution.

People are free to worship God on Sabbath Or Sunday. But it shouldn't be done for a 'good work'. It's meant to be God honoring.

Loyal
The question of the Tread is not about a "worship day", The question is a The "7th" day, which is suppose to be a day of rest. I do know God said remember The "7th day" a day of rest and to keep it "Holy". God said nothing about which day you should worship Him. I think the Scripture makes it plain you are free to worship God anyday you please. But the "day of Rest" God made it plain. Am I making sense? of what I am trying to bring to the point.

"A day of rest, you do nothing but "rest" you go no where. you do not drive, you do not go to the park, you do not ride your horse or mule, you do not go to a restaurant, you do not over your friends house. You stay at home with your family. and rest. you do get on the Cell phone or hop on your computer checking emails or chatting, you rest." of the 7th day of the week, for God has bless it as a day of rest from all your labor. It is a day healing. Because God said so.
By Resting on The 7th dayof the week is also honoring God's command. So are we to ignore "The 3rd Command". if so what about the other ones.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall make no idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
  4. Keep the Sabbath day holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet.
"What is the reason for keeping the Sabbath day holy? It is the memorial of creation. It's in the Bible, Exodus 20:11, NIV. "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but He rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the 7th day and made it holy."

"For whom did Christ say the Sabbath was made? It's in the Bible, Mark 2:27, NIV. "Then He said to them, 'The 7th day was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."

"What does the fourth commandment require? It's in the Bible, Exodus 20:8-10, NIV. "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates."

So are we to cast the 3rd. commandment away in which God gave us.

I am not saying get rid of The day we chose to "worship on Sunday" the we chose.

I thing we as a people because of "greed" do not want to honor and rest on "the 7th day" of the week.

just take look at the 10 commandments, that is the only one we want to kick out! Do anyone take a "Notice" to that and can feel something is wrong.

Did Jesus ever say, you do not have to keep and honor the 7th day of the week anymore and it cease to be "Holy"?

I am not speaking of a "worship day", I am speaking about "The Rest day" Like in 7 years let the "Land Rest" that is also stated in the Bible.

Loyal
So are we to cast the 3rd. commandment away in which God gave us.

It's the only commandment (of the 10 you listed) not repeated in the New Testament anywhere.
It's the only commandment Jesus himself broke.
It's the only commandment that Paul said "let no man judge you" about.

Technically the seventh day, would be Saturday.

Loyal
Luke 13:14; And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.

Mark 2:27; And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

John 5:9; And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.

John 9:14; And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.

Col 2:16; Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Loyal
In order to present the risen Savior to the Jewish people -- they had to go where the Jewish people were.

Over the years -- hundreds of them -- worship shifted to 1st day of the week. To what we have Now.

There are the Sabbath worshippers and the Sunday worshipers.

Loyal
Remember the "Dust Bowl" in the "USA" in the 20th century?

Once farmers settled the prairies, they plowed over 5.2 million acres of the deep-rooted grass. Years of over-cultivation meant the soil lost its richness. When the drought killed off the crops, high winds blew away the remaining topsoil. Parts of the Midwest still have not recovered. [They would not let the land "Rest]

As the dust storms grew, they intensified the drought. The airborne dust particles reflected some sunlight back into space before it could reach the earth. As a result, the land cooled. As temperatures dropped, so did the amount of evaporation. The clouds never received enough moisture to create rain.

[God is Sovereign] who gives moisture, who causes it to rain, who controls tempertures and the particles of dust.
(Nahum 1:3)
"The LORD is slow to anger but great in power; the LORD will not leave the guilty unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet."

( Leviticus 25)
2“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a sabbath to the Lord. 3For six years sow your fields, and for six years prune your vineyards and gather their crops. 4But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of sabbath rest, a sabbath to the Lord. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards. 5Do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the grapes of your untended vines. The land is to have a year of rest. 6Whatever the land yields during the sabbath year will be food for you—for yourself, your male and female servants, and the hired worker and temporary resident who live among you, 7as well as for your livestock and the wild animals in your land. Whatever the land produces may be eaten.

The Sabbath is very important, I think, (The Day of Rest is so, important for God has bless it. It was created for "mankind". In The coming " Millenium" I do believe "Jesus" will Honor "The Sabbath" as a "DAY of Rest". " The Ten Commandments " I think are so different than, The over "600" Ceremonial Laws that was given to "Israel".

There are over 600 Jewish Ceremonial Laws and Rituals listed in the Old Testament. These are the laws that Paul said no longer apply.

Ceremonial Law: This type of law related to Israel's worship. (Lev 1:1-13) The laws pointed forward to Jesus Christ and were no longer necessary after Jesus' death and resurrection. Though we are no longer bound to them, the principles behind the ceremonial laws, to worship and love God, still apply.

Civil Law: This law dictated Israel's daily living (Deut 24:10-11); but modern society and culture are so radically different that some of these guidelines cannot be followed specifically. The principles behind the commands are to guide our conduct.

Moral Law: The moral laws are direct commands of God. A good example is the Ten Commandments (Ex 20:1-17). The moral laws reveal the nature and will of God, and still apply to us today. We do not obey this moral law as a way to obtain salvation, but to live in ways pleasing to God. (segments from, "Life Application".

Once again I will state, "I am not referring to a "worship day" but a "day of rest".:pensive:

"The earth is the Lord's" (Exodus 9:29, Psalms 24:1, 1 Corinthians 10:26,28), and it is to be used on His terms and under His Law.

Leviticus 25:2-7, "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a sabbathunto the LORD. Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof; But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard. That which groweth of its own accord of thy harvest thou shalt not reap, neither gather the grapes of thy vine undressed: for it is a year of rest unto the land. And the sabbath of the landshall be meat for you; for thee, and for thy servant, and for thy maid, and for thy hired servant, and for thy stranger that sojourneth with thee, And for thy cattle, and for the beast that are in thy land, shall all the increase thereof be meat."
Leviticus 25:18-22, "Wherefore ye shall do my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them; and ye shall dwell in the land in safety. And the land shall yield her fruit, and ye shall eat your fill, and dwell therein in safety. And if ye shall say, What shall we eat the seventh year? behold, we shall not sow, nor gather in our increase: Then I will command my blessing upon you in the sixth year, and it shall bring forth fruit for three years. And ye shall sow the eighth year, and eat yet of old fruit until the ninth year; until her fruits come in ye shall eat of the old store."
It is a well-established agricultural fact that resting the land every seven years is best for the soil and that much-improved crops result from doing so. During this scriptural practice, there was to be no pruning or planting in the sabbath year, nor any attempt to kill the insects, or otherwise interfere with natural processes in the field. The fruit had to remain in the field, except for what passerby, servants, or owners plucked to eat; no real harvesting was permitted, only eating.

By this rest, the soil is restored and revitalized. By allowing the field to go to weeds, the weeds of the field are given the opportunity to bring to the topsoil minerals from below and to revitalize the soil. The vines and trees are given the free growth, unpruned, and again renew their vitality. The fruits which falls and rots again contributes to the soil. The value of the sabbath in regenerating the soil is very great. This biblical practice also greatly reduces the need for pesticides and herbicides. But man, lacking faith, prefers his own work to God's work, and his proposed work to God's sabbath. God's method is called crude, and modern sprays, manufactured fertilizers, and other devices are used, and the soil is steadily mined and abused. The soil is treated as something science can make and re-make, and even do without. Very few scientists treat the soil with any respect.

The function of microorganisms in the soil, and the value of compost and trees in regenerating the soil is great. So is the value of wild animals and birds in the life cycles of the earth. The earth clearly is renewed by rest, or it is exploited ruthlessly and finally turned into a desert. Many once populous areas are today desert, as witness Babylon and the Sahara.

America's ungodly economic system alone makes it nearly impossible for most farmers to give their land a one in seven year sabbath. Any farmer in debt who would let his land lay fallow for one year would be unlikely to make that year's payment to the usurers and would then lose his land to his "friendly" neighborhood banker. Disobedience always has its consequences. In this case, if a farmer obeys God and sabbaths his land, he risks losing his land because of usury. On the other hand, if he disobeys God in order to retain possession of his land, he risks falling under the judgment of God.

Violation of the Sabbatical Year's land rest is such a serious transgression that it is specifically listed as one of the sins that resulted in the Israelites being conquered and removed from the land: " I understand there is no condemnation to those who are in "Christ" but still there is a "consequence' for disobedience, even for "The child of God", "And why would a "christian" find "The 7th day of Rest" distasteful that GOD has put a "special blessing upon"?

[Now regarding Israel]
Leviticus 26:28-35, "ÖI [God] Ö will chastise you [Israelites] seven times for your sins. ÖI will scatter you among the heathen Ö and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste. Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths. As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it. "
Leviticus 26:43, "The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes."
Between the Exodus and the Babylonian captivity, the land sabbath was disregarded seventy times by the house of Judah. Hence, those Israelites were sentenced to seventy years in Babylonian captivity, to give the land rest and restore the land:

2 Chronicles 36:16-21, "Öthe wrath of God arose against his people [because of the house of Judah's disobedience], till there was no remedy. Therefore he brought upon them [Nebuchadnezzar] the king of the Chaldees Ö he gave them all into his handÖ. And them that had escaped from the sword carried he away to Babylon; where they [the remnant of the house of Judah] were servants to him and his sons Ö until the land had enjoyed her sabbaths: for as long as she lay desolate she kept sabbath, to fulfil threescore and ten years."
This means that more than half the time, this law was not observed. If American farmers would trust God enough to rest the land in the seventh year as He commanded, God promises a bumper crop on the sixth year, enough to provide for the seventh, eighth and ninth years (Leviticus 25:18-22).

The volunteer crop of the seventh year is to be given to the poor and needy and what remains is to be left for the animals:

"Covid-19":eyes: now I am thinking. I did not see that one coming.

Sue D.,

re: "...actually it's Also in Matthew 28:1 - 7 or so. After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn. Also Mark 16:2 // Luke 24:1 // John 20:1..."

Matthew 28: 1-7, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1 and John 20:1 do not say when the resurrection took place. They only say that the tomb was empty when the women got there. They don't say when it became empty.

re: "Now Why / Who is questioning the authenticity of all four accounts."

I only said that Mark 16:9 is questionable. Foot notes in some translations/versions state that it - as well as verses 10 thru 20 - do not appear in some of the oldest manuscripts.

www.bible-researcher.com/endmark.html
Mark 16:9-20 has been called a later addition to the Gospel of Mark by most New Testament scholars in the past century. The main reason for doubting the authenticity of the ending is that it does not appear in some of the oldest existing witnesses, and it is reported to be absent from many others in ancient times by early writers of the Church.

Loyal
Sue D.,

re: "...actually it's Also in Matthew 28:1 - 7 or so. After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn. Also Mark 16:2 // Luke 24:1 // John 20:1..."

Matthew 28: 1-7, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1 and John 20:1 do not say when the resurrection took place. They only say that the tomb was empty when the women got there. They don't say when it became empty.

I only said that Mark 16:9 is questionable. Foot notes in some translations/versions state that it - as well as verses 10 thru 20 - do not appear in some of the oldest manuscripts.

Mark 16:9-20 has been called a later addition to the Gospel of Mark by most New Testament scholars in the past century. The main reason for doubting the authenticity of the ending is that it does not appear in some of the oldest existing witnesses, and it is reported to be absent from many others in ancient times by early writers of the Church.
"I am impress":cool:

Loyal
Is this not, something to take notice: "By October this year, It might be "50,000" a new cases a day. Until then the "numbers doubling every "7 days", biblical wording would be: "Every "Sabbath Day" Covid-19" will double. That should get every "Born from Heaven, Born of GOD" child of God undivided attention"

"There are some strange 'Events' in our times",, "The world may not understand, but we do" "Something is not right", All kinds of "Storms" as if "the world" has become a "Action Pack" movie, for the "Stars' and The Planets of The Universe to observe. "Ice Caps" are melting, Massive Fires across the world, Floods, Drought, Locust. All kinds of Animals dying, Fish even dying in massive numbers in our Oceans, Birds dropping from the skies, Church doors are closing and church attenders are falling also in great numbers. " All kinds of People fighting against one another, Governments fighting against it's own people, people fighting against their governments, countries fighting against one another. church denominations fighting against another. fighting because the color of a persons skin, fighting about what kind a person you can love, and what kind of love you can have. fighting everywhere. People become angry, by the choice that you make in voting. Even the Law of the land is fighting against one another, Church laws fighting against governmental laws. Nothing but a world full of "animosity", Christians cannot come into agreement even about "The person of Jesus Christ'" nor The written "Words of God". We have fallen into a "Biblical Motif" of The days of "Noah". And according to The Bible, there will be "darker days ahead",, "The Day of The Lord" will not be a day of light but a day of darkness, very dark, it will be.

American King James Version
"Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?"
(Amos 5:20).

Loyal
Sue D.,

What I read in my Bible is good enough for me. Jesus Christ Did rise from the dead on that 3rd day -- Proof that He was, indeed, the Son of God. Not just another good religious teacher of that day.

A thought has occurred to me -- IF we knew the exact Minute of His bodily resurrection -- would 'we' be worshiping That? or the Fact that Jesus Christ Did indeed resurrect from the dead on that 3rd day?

WE Do have -- on the 1st day of the week -- very early in the morning. And Matthew does state ". . After the Sabbath , as the 1st day of the week began to dawn."

Scripture is very clear about those facts.

Your comment suggests that since One passage is Maybe questionable that leaves doubt about the other Gospels accuracy. And That , in turn, suggests questioning the rest of the authenticity of the rest of God's Word.

There will Always be those who question God's Word in one way or another.

Casting doubt in the minds of people is what the serpent did in Genesis with Eve and Adam. And we All know the disasterous results of That.

Sue D.,
re: "WE Do have -- on the 1st day of the week -- very early in the morning. And Matthew does state ". . After the Sabbath , as the 1st day of the week began to dawn." Scripture is very clear about those facts."

I was simply commenting on your incorrect statement that "...the ending of all the Gospels states that Jesus Christ arose early in the morning of the 1st day of the week".

re: "Your comment suggests that since One passage is Maybe questionable that leaves doubt about the other Gospels accuracy."

I made no such suggestion that Matthew 28:1 - 7, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1 or John 20:1 weren't accurate. I merely said that they don't say anything as to when the resurrection took place. You said that they do.

re: "There will Always be those who question God's Word in one way or another."

The trick of course is determining what is God's Word and what isn't.

Loyal
So now you're suggesting that you have an insightfulness on that subject?

You can always read those passages yourself to see what they Do say. We Do know that the bodily resurrection did take place. On the 3rd day. After the Sabboth -- on the 1st day of the week -- very early in the morning. What more do You want?

Maybe you Don't want Jesus Christ to Be the Son of God? or you want the resurrection to occur on the Sabbath? Well a person can't change God's Word to suit their own preferences.

Loyal
I know who gave the command for "7th day of rest". It was GOD Himself.

I know who gave a command to "worship" The sun god on "The SUN-DAY" and I know who gave a command to worship on a Sunday the 1st day of the week: It was a man. But Sunday is not A DAY OF "REST" it is a "day of Worship" That the Religions of the World, decided to be a day of worshiping the god whom they may choose. But I will declare, we who are the "Children of the GOD" of "Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" will worship The enternal "I AM". The "Tetragrammaton" any day of the week we may choose and will not be judge by any man!

And I will always remember, "The Sabbath day" which is the 7th day of the week and will keep it "Holy"! "And I will not be Judge by Any man" in Judgment of a "Sabbath Day" or a Holy Day!

(Colossians 2)
"16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ"

Thank God , I am in "Christ Jesus" and have labored to entered into that "Day of Rest"! But many have compel me to come out.

(Hebrews 4).
1Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us fear lest any of you should seem to have failed to reach it. 2For good news came to us just as to them, but the message they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united by faith with those who listened.a 3For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said,

“As I swore in my wrath,
‘They shall not enter my rest,’”
although his works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” 5And again in this passage he said,
“They shall not enter my rest.”
6Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, 7again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted,
“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.”
8For if Joshua had given them rest, Godb would not have spoken of another day later on. 9So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.
11Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. 12For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

14Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Footnote: " I judge no man or women in their choice of their worship days or speak harsh of them!"

Loyal
God gave mankind the Ten Commandments -- part of which is 20:8 which is the 4th commandment "Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy." That passage continues on to say that 6 days we work -- the 7th is a Sabbath unto the Lord your God.

And previous to That was the original passage in Genesis 2:2 - 3 -- God rested from having done His work of creation. -- He blessed the 7th day and sanctified it.

As for the 'sun god' -- you seem pretty sure of your 'facts'. So what man are you suggesting that gave the 'command' to worship the sun god on Sunday. The title of your thread is suggesting that the antichrist brought about the change supposedly with justification. Do you realize what you're suggesting? Pretty strong against Scripture. Now there have been and continue to be people teaching against Jesus Christ being the Son of God. There are lots who teach a salvation through works of some kind to enable a person to work their way to heaven. But God's Word Does say "Not of works, lest any man should be boastful".

To my knowledge -- it's mythology that promotes a belief that there Is a 'sun god' and there are those who do worship one. Maybe it's a cult that promotes that. But it's definitely Not from the Bible. Those of us who Do worship the Lord on 1st day of the week, do so because He was resurrected from the dead --bodily resurrection -- early in the morning the day After the Sabbath. Thus, in honor Of that historical event -- we do worship God on Sunday. But certainly not worshiping the 'sun' on Sunday -- it's worshiping God who has provided for our personal salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ.

So you strongly believe that since You are in Christ Jesus and choose to worship God on the Sabbath -- that those who Also are in Christ Jesus should Also do the same. Otherwise they might not really Be in Christ Jesus. And those who would try to show you that it's okay to worship on 1st day of the week are somehow your enemy or are trying to mislead you. but that you are Determined to stand your ground. And that you are worshiping the Great 'I Am' -- the Children of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can / will worship Any day of the week that you choose to. Which is saying that you Stand On worshiping on Sabbath but can worship any day of the week you want to. A bit contradictory?!

Every Scripture passage you quoted is obviously God's Word. and very true.

Loyal
God gave mankind the Ten Commandments -- part of which is 20:8 which is the 4th commandment "Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy." That passage continues on to say that 6 days we work -- the 7th is a Sabbath unto the Lord your God.

And previous to That was the original passage in Genesis 2:2 - 3 -- God rested from having done His work of creation. -- He blessed the 7th day and sanctified it.

As for the 'sun god' -- you seem pretty sure of your 'facts'. So what man are you suggesting that gave the 'command' to worship the sun god on Sunday. The title of your thread is suggesting that the antichrist brought about the change supposedly with justification. Do you realize what you're suggesting? Pretty strong against Scripture. Now there have been and continue to be people teaching against Jesus Christ being the Son of God. There are lots who teach a salvation through works of some kind to enable a person to work their way to heaven. But God's Word Does say "Not of works, lest any man should be boastful".

To my knowledge -- it's mythology that promotes a belief that there Is a 'sun god' and there are those who do worship one. Maybe it's a cult that promotes that. But it's definitely Not from the Bible. Those of us who Do worship the Lord on 1st day of the week, do so because He was resurrected from the dead --bodily resurrection -- early in the morning the day After the Sabbath. Thus, in honor Of that historical event -- we do worship God on Sunday. But certainly not worshiping the 'sun' on Sunday -- it's worshiping God who has provided for our personal salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ.

So you strongly believe that since You are in Christ Jesus and choose to worship God on the Sabbath -- that those who Also are in Christ Jesus should Also do the same. Otherwise they might not really Be in Christ Jesus. And those who would try to show you that it's okay to worship on 1st day of the week are somehow your enemy or are trying to mislead you. but that you are Determined to stand your ground. And that you are worshiping the Great 'I Am' -- the Children of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can / will worship Any day of the week that you choose to. Which is saying that you Stand On worshiping on Sabbath but can worship any day of the week you want to. A bit contradictory?!

Every Scripture passage you quoted is obviously God's Word. and very true.

I never said that I "worship on a Saturday". I never said God commanded us to worship on a "Saturday". Go read my statement again. Man chose to worship Jesus on a "Sunday". God or Jesus never told man to worship on a Sunday! That does not mean it is wrong to worship on a Sunday or any other day of the Week.

It seems to me you are not understanding my statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.