• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Who are we worshipping?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:17)

when you say free will, it sound like you are saying I don't need anyone to tell me what I can or cannot do.

when someone truly submits to the Lord things happen, doors open.

Ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be open.

are you steadfast free will or do you submit wholly to the Lord?
Or when you submit, you end up on the gallows most likely. Or lose everything you have. For Gods heroes are “Martyrs”❤

I’m wrap up in the body of this sinful flesh, being shape into image of my Lord and Savior Jesus everyday being molded in the hands of Father. For He is the potter and I am the clay, He is shaping , exactly in the form He wants me to be. For He is Sovereign, meaning HIS will is always done . Like His Son Jesus said: not my will be done, your will be done, David said: The Lord is my shepherd I SHALL not want...ff. I’m the slave and He is the Master. So Lord shape me . When He is finish then it is time to go home. I hope I answer your question.

yes, you are the clay, molded by God. Your body will always be sinful like every other human. That can only change when you die.

Paul said the basically the same thing. Oh wrenched man that I am. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

But you can except the body God has given you and give praise and glory to God, that someday Heaven will be your home.

be content and thank God that you were given discernment to be able to understand that the Blood of Jesus can wash away sin.

Most of the world are lost and will never be found.

Jesus said " No one can come to Me unless the Father draws him" You have been drawn to Him .... be content.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
All I'd be questioning is "Most of the world are lost and will never be found" God, alone, knows where every one is , has been, and will be in the future.

We are told to share the Gospel unto salvation with all who will listen. So "We" have been given a lot of responsibility as born-again believers. Missions are alive and well both here and in other countries.

Every believer should see themselves as missionaries to the people around us and then spreading out to 'others'.

All I'd be questioning is "Most of the world are lost and will never be found" God, alone, knows where every one is , has been, and will be in the future.

We are told to share the Gospel unto salvation with all who will listen. So "We" have been given a lot of responsibility as born-again believers. Missions are alive and well both here and in other countries.

Every believer should see themselves as missionaries to the people around us and then spreading out to 'others'.
You got me there

yes, we are to speak to everyone who will accept Jesus

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Are you talking about a denomination or belief system?

Our 'instruction' needs to be in God's Word. The first time I actually read straight through my Bible , I could easily see where various groups got their basis 'from'. It was landing in various Scriptures and staying 'there' and not taking other passages into consideration.

And a person can see all kinds of churches in most every community.

So -- where is a person feeling led to go To church. Well -- does the pastor teach straight Bible / salvation - shed blood of Christ plus nothing on our part -- missions outreach into community -- baptism by immersions. The age factor of your family. Kids need other kids to associate with -- teens need teen-agers. Young married's need other young married couples.

There had been a young couple who met through a particular church -- they stayed there for a long time -- then they got pregnant -- no other young expectant couples around. The husband's brother and family went to another church across town. Lots of young couples with young families. So -- talked with pastor and said he felt they Now needed to be with other young families. So -- they left and went to the other church. That was a good move on their part.

Another family with four daughters -- a very small church but with good teaching. They stayed put and the pastor made sure that he was never alone with any of the daughters even though he did teach that 'age group'. They had moved from another larger area and their family had grown over the years. But there were no other churches in the area that were teaching Bible. Personally, I would have moved to another area With more young people.

I suspect you're talking about Methodist, Lutheran , Presbyterian, Baptist groups. My oldest granddaughter went from sort of a non-denominational group to a large Presbyterian church where her to-be husband went. A good , sound church. My grandparents were Presbyterians -- My folks changed to Baptist. Baptism by immersion. They were all believers.

Go where the Holy Spirit leads

Are you talking about a denomination or belief system?

Our 'instruction' needs to be in God's Word. The first time I actually read straight through my Bible , I could easily see where various groups got their basis 'from'. It was landing in various Scriptures and staying 'there' and not taking other passages into consideration.

And a person can see all kinds of churches in most every community.

So -- where is a person feeling led to go To church. Well -- does the pastor teach straight Bible / salvation - shed blood of Christ plus nothing on our part -- missions outreach into community -- baptism by immersions. The age factor of your family. Kids need other kids to associate with -- teens need teen-agers. Young married's need other young married couples.

There had been a young couple who met through a particular church -- they stayed there for a long time -- then they got pregnant -- no other young expectant couples around. The husband's brother and family went to another church across town. Lots of young couples with young families. So -- talked with pastor and said he felt they Now needed to be with other young families. So -- they left and went to the other church. That was a good move on their part.

Another family with four daughters -- a very small church but with good teaching. They stayed put and the pastor made sure that he was never alone with any of the daughters even though he did teach that 'age group'. They had moved from another larger area and their family had grown over the years. But there were no other churches in the area that were teaching Bible. Personally, I would have moved to another area With more young people.

I suspect you're talking about Methodist, Lutheran , Presbyterian, Baptist groups. My oldest granddaughter went from sort of a non-denominational group to a large Presbyterian church where her to-be husband went. A good , sound church. My grandparents were Presbyterians -- My folks changed to Baptist. Baptism by immersion. They were all believers.

Go where the Holy Spirit leads
I don't think whether Methodist, Lutheran , Presbyterian, Baptist groups, Catholics ETC. will be loading in the buses to go to Heaven. Not all are believers. Each person is Judged individually, not by groups. Some believe in the 10 Commands, that does not mix with Saved by Grace though Faith.

The Law condemns, it was nailed to the cross.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Well , you're correct -- church denomination does not make anyone a born-again believer. But now days a person needs to identify with Some group for the sake of Christian fellowship.

The RCC is not part of the Protestant grouping. After all, they are the result Of the protestant reformation. Those that were trying to reform the RCC from within and since that didn't succeed, they went outside the RCC.

And, you're right -- following the Ten Commandments does not save anyone. The idea was that no one can obey all of them all the time -- so 'we' needed a Savior.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Stories 1
S Water Cooler 1
A Bible Discussions 15