• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Whatcha' Watchin' ?

Ok just recently I have noticed how dangerous alot of programming is for christians. I have come up with ways to decide what is good for my family and what's not. I can't tell you what you can watch but I feel I must tell you what I have noticed.

1) Is there swearing?

Jam 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jam 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

2) Are there images that will make you lust?

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Jam 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

3) Are there acts of adultery?

Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Pro 6:32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.

Now I could go on longer....and I will if wanted...but I believe the point was made...

Just as other decision we make in life. Which we should do after prayer. Same should be taken with our viewing choices.

I also ask myself would I watch this movie if Jesus was sitting right here with me? Well guess what?? He Is!

Joyfully ~ Jlu

I agree with you JLU . Even during family time the commecials are so terrible ! It's very hard to enjoy a family night in front of the T.V. :love: :boy_hug: Mike

your post is uite cool, but what about wicthcraft?
have a blessed day, vllooi

of cousre what you choose to watch should be witchcraft free! I just chosse only a few but if you like I can post scripture on how we should stay away! Ty for the responses ! Joyfully ~ Jlu

I do miss Touched By an Angel though . I say , buy a worship video , and have a family shout-out ! :love: Mike

I know i am torn right now. I love hockey and it will be on TV again, so I want to get cable. But on the other hand there is so much junk that i don't want to watch, that will only take me further from God, that doesn't make it worth it. But if I go watch the game at someone elses house that makes me a hypocrite. Oh well I'll figure it out.

God Bless

Bill

billyeah,
may be it is God's will that priority should be given to God than to hockey. If you waste time 1 hr. to hockey, God will want more than 1 hr for you to sit with him. If you are giving much time than hockey in the presence of God, it is well and good.
Even when I write I check myself. Yeah, our priority should be the happiness of God.
nebubini

See the way I set my guage on how much is too much, is if someone asks me to do something other than watch a hockey game, and I just can't because I want to watch it, then I know that is too much, and the game has too much of a hold on me. Everything in moderation and know what your priorities are.