• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Whatcha' Watchin' ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Ok just recently I have noticed how dangerous alot of programming is for christians. I have come up with ways to decide what is good for my family and what's not. I can't tell you what you can watch but I feel I must tell you what I have noticed.

1) Is there swearing?

Jam 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jam 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

2) Are there images that will make you lust?

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Jam 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

3) Are there acts of adultery?

Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Pro 6:32 But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.

Now I could go on longer....and I will if wanted...but I believe the point was made...

Just as other decision we make in life. Which we should do after prayer. Same should be taken with our viewing choices.

I also ask myself would I watch this movie if Jesus was sitting right here with me? Well guess what?? He Is!

Joyfully ~ Jlu

I agree with you JLU . Even during family time the commecials are so terrible ! It's very hard to enjoy a family night in front of the T.V. :love: :boy_hug: Mike

your post is uite cool, but what about wicthcraft?
have a blessed day, vllooi

of cousre what you choose to watch should be witchcraft free! I just chosse only a few but if you like I can post scripture on how we should stay away! Ty for the responses ! Joyfully ~ Jlu

I do miss Touched By an Angel though . I say , buy a worship video , and have a family shout-out ! :love: Mike

I know i am torn right now. I love hockey and it will be on TV again, so I want to get cable. But on the other hand there is so much junk that i don't want to watch, that will only take me further from God, that doesn't make it worth it. But if I go watch the game at someone elses house that makes me a hypocrite. Oh well I'll figure it out.

God Bless

Bill

billyeah,
may be it is God's will that priority should be given to God than to hockey. If you waste time 1 hr. to hockey, God will want more than 1 hr for you to sit with him. If you are giving much time than hockey in the presence of God, it is well and good.
Even when I write I check myself. Yeah, our priority should be the happiness of God.
nebubini

See the way I set my guage on how much is too much, is if someone asks me to do something other than watch a hockey game, and I just can't because I want to watch it, then I know that is too much, and the game has too much of a hold on me. Everything in moderation and know what your priorities are.