• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What was Jesus saying when He said "you must be born again"

Loyal
Now, why do a lot of Christians hardly never quote this portion Scripture about what Jesus said to "Nicodemus".
In essence, Nicodemus stop worry about it , about being "born from above' you cannot figure it out or understand what it means, don't trouble yourself about it. " It just happens" go about your way.

7Do not wonder that I said to thee, It is needful that *ye* should be born anew. 8The wind blows where it will, and thou hearest its voice, but knowest not whence it comes and where it goes: thus is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Yet, you don't accept our message. 12If you don't believe me when I tell you about things on earth, how will you believe me when I tell you about things in heaven?

[if you don't know where the wind comes from you, you sure are not going to understand how you are born from Heaven] and christian are telling you how to get it and how to be "born from heaven." You had nothing to do with your earthly birth! You sure have nothing to do with your "Heavenly birth" LOL:cool:

Funny, think about it. I have said many of times, you just listen to some words that come out of our brother and sisters mouths. Now, i do kinda understand how some have come to some conclusions. JUST Sit there and take a look out the window and meditate on the word of GOD. and compare it to some things "We" say. be honest with yourself. for we all are mess up! in some way or another. you mother, your daddy, your brother, your sisters, sons, and daughters, your husbands, yes your wife too. Grannie too.

We all need prayer. you are not going hear this on "Sunday Morning go to Meeting School"! But they will have a "Ice Cream" social meeting club".

How about that "Light"

Loyal
Now, why do a lot of Christians hardly never quote this portion Scripture about what Jesus said to "Nicodemus".
In essence, Nicodemus stop worry about it , about being "born from above' you cannot figure it out or understand what it means, don't trouble yourself about it. " It just happens" go about your way.

7Do not wonder that I said to thee, It is needful that *ye* should be born anew. 8The wind blows where it will, and thou hearest its voice, but knowest not whence it comes and where it goes: thus is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Yet, you don't accept our message. 12If you don't believe me when I tell you about things on earth, how will you believe me when I tell you about things in heaven?

[if you don't know where the wind comes from you, you sure are not going to understand how you are born from Heaven] and christian are telling you how to get it and how to be "born from heaven." You had nothing to do with your earthly birth! You sure have nothing to do with your "Heavenly birth" LOL:cool:

Funny, think about it. I have said many of times, you just listen to some words that come out of our brother and sisters mouths. Now, i do kinda understand how some have come to some conclusions. JUST Sit there and take a look out the window and meditate on the word of GOD. and compare it to some things "We" say. be honest with yourself. for we all are mess up! in some way or another. you mother, your daddy, your brother, your sisters, sons, and daughters, your husbands, yes your wife too. Grannie too.

We all need prayer. you are not going hear this on "Sunday Morning go to Meeting School"! But they will have a "Ice Cream" social meeting club".

How about that "light"!

Please give me 1 scripture That Jesus had already sent the comforter when He was speaking to Nicodemus.

s

Loyal
Jesus had not sent the comforter yet which is the Holy spirit,

so how was Nicodemus to understand being born again as a spiritual thing rather that a physical thing.

John 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

((Jesus did not say no, you are wrong in your understanding. So this means Nicodemus was on the right track.

Jesus reaffirms by saying: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

When women are are about to gives birth they say my water has broke.

this is a physical happening. Only God's Spirit can bring a person who has died back to life.
Answers are only the results of questions asked. Nicodemus was asking questions which is never a bad thing. Since Nicodemus was a Pharisee he should have had some understanding to what Jesus was telling him which is why Jesus asked him why he did not know them.

John 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Nicodemus later became a follower of Jesus, so Jesus's words to him were not misunderstood.

Joh 19:38 And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
Joh 19:39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.

Answers are only the results of questions asked. Nicodemus was asking questions which is never a bad thing. Since Nicodemus was a Pharisee he should have had some understanding to what Jesus was telling him as Jesus said...

John 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Nicodemus became a follower of Jesus, so Jesus's words to him were not misunderstood.

Joh 19:38 And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
Joh 19:39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.

so how was Nicodemus to understand being born again as a spiritual thing rather that a physical thing. It was Physical not spiritual

John 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

((Jesus did not say no, you are wrong in your understanding. So this means Nicodemus was on the right track.

Jesus reaffirms by saying: 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? ....Nicodemus Should have know this.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Matthew 28: KJV
27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Ezekiel 37

Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

When women are are about to gives birth they say my water has broke.

this is a physical happening. Only God's Spirit can bring a person who has died back to life.

Loyal
I absolutely believe in Jesus. I always have.

Okay -- what do you believe About Jesus?

I use the NKJV -- which in This case -- is a clearer understanding of the passage. Looking back at the passage, both are saying the same thing. The problem with Nicodemus is that he assumed that being born 'again' meant having to go through the process of being born as a baby -again- Which obviously it Didn't. Being born of the Spirit -- is meaning accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Immediately the Holy Spirit comes to indwell the person. And THAT is 'being born of the Spirit' -- entering into the kingdom of God -- the world of born-again believers. The universal church. Being 'saved'. Born again.

The tendency is to make it too hard.

Loyal

so how was Nicodemus to understand being born again as a spiritual thing rather that a physical thing. It was Physical not spiritual

Because the Pharisee Nicodemus was a teacher of all Israel, if anyone knew he should have. He was a spiritual leader and member of the Jewish ruling council, the Sanhedrin. Nicodemus should also have been aware of the words of John the Baptist.

John 3:9-10 (NKJV)
Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"
Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?

The clue I feel is in these verses.

John 3:5-7 (NKJV)
Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

But as you say...
Jesus had not sent the comforter yet which is the Holy spirit, so how was Nicodemus to understand being born again as a spiritual thing rather that a physical thing.

It is true what you add here as the Holy Spirit did not come until Pentecost, but that doesn't mean there was no Holy Spirit in the Old Testament times, it was just not capable of doing what it did after Pentecost.

The Spirit participated in creation: Genesis 1:2, Job 26:13, Isaiah 32.15

The Spirit came upon some judges, some warriors, and some prophets in a way that gave them extraordinary power: e.g.
Joshua - Numbers 27:18
Othniel - Judges 3:10
Gideon - Judges 6:34
Samson - Judges 13:25 & 14:6
Saul - 1 Samuel 10:9-10 The Spirit later departed from Saul because of his disobedience 1 Samuel 16:14

2 Samuel 23:1-2 (NKJV)
Now these are the last words of David. Thus says David the son of Jesse; Thus says the man raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet Psalmist of Israel:
"The Spirit of the LORD spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue.

Isaiah 11:1-2 (NKJV)
There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

Nichodemus should have know all these verses about the Holy Spirit, as Jesus stated, he was 'a teacher of ALL Israel', but it seems he read and understood the scriptures, but didn't seem to understand the Spirit.

In the OT the Holy Spirit 'rested on' or 'came upon' certain people, but until the new birth He could not 'indwell' people, that changed after Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus told his disciples in John 16:12, I have many things to to say to you, but ye cannot bear them now. Why? Because they did not yet have the Holy Spirit living inside them yet. In John 16:13, Jesus says, When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. This is also stated in...

John 14:26 (NKJV)
But the Helper [paraklētos], the Holy Spirit [hagios], whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Ezekiel 36:22-28 (NKJV)
22 "Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went.
23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD," says the Lord GOD, "when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land.
25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.
28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

Just my few penneth brother

Shalom

Because the Pharisee Nicodemus was a teacher of all Israel, if anyone knew he should have. He was a spiritual leader and member of the Jewish ruling council, the Sanhedrin. Nicodemus should also have been aware of the words of John the Baptist.

John 3:9-10 (NKJV)
Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"
Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?

The clue I feel is in these verses.

John 3:5-7 (NKJV)
Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

But as you say...
Jesus had not sent the comforter yet which is the Holy spirit, so how was Nicodemus to understand being born again as a spiritual thing rather that a physical thing.

It is true what you add here as the Holy Spirit did not come until Pentecost, but that doesn't mean there was no Holy Spirit in the Old Testament times, it was just not capable of doing what it did after Pentecost.

The Spirit participated in creation: Genesis 1:2, Job 26:13, Isaiah 32.15

The Spirit came upon some judges, some warriors, and some prophets in a way that gave them extraordinary power: e.g.
Joshua - Numbers 27:18
Othniel - Judges 3:10
Gideon - Judges 6:34
Samson - Judges 13:25 & 14:6
Saul - 1 Samuel 10:9-10 The Spirit later departed from Saul because of his disobedience 1 Samuel 16:14

2 Samuel 23:1-2 (NKJV)
Now these are the last words of David. Thus says David the son of Jesse; Thus says the man raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet Psalmist of Israel:
"The Spirit of th
e LORD spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue.

Isaiah 11:1-2 (NKJV)
There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

Nichodemus should have know all these verses about the Holy Spirit, as Jesus stated, he was 'a teacher of ALL Israel', but it seems he read and understood the scriptures, but didn't seem to understand the Spirit.

In the OT the Holy Spirit 'rested on' or 'came upon' certain people, but until the new birth He could not 'indwell' people, that changed after Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus told his disciples in John 16:12, I have many things to to say to you, but ye cannot bear them now. Why? Because they did not yet have the Holy Spirit living inside them yet. In John 16:13, Jesus says, When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. This is also stated in...

John 14:26 (NKJV)
But the Helper [paraklētos], the Holy Spirit [hagios], whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Ezekiel 36:22-28 (NKJV)
22 "Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went.
23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD," says the Lord GOD, "when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.
24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land.
25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.
28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

Just my few penneth brother

Shalom

They will see the Kingdom they will enter the Kingdom

2 Samuel 7 King James Version (KJV)

4 And it came to pass that night, that the word of the Lord came unto Nathan, saying,

5 Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the Lord, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dw

10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,ell in?

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

Zechariah 14:

1Behold, the day of the Lord cometh

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Loyal
They will see the Kingdom they will enter the Kingdom

2 Samuel 7 King James Version (KJV)

4 And it came to pass that night, that the word of the Lord came unto Nathan, saying,

5 Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the Lord, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dw

10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,ell in?

12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

Zechariah 14:

1Behold, the day of the Lord cometh

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Nichodemus should have know the scriptures about Israel and about the Holy Spirit, as Jesus stated, he was 'a teacher of ALL Israel', but it seems he read and understood the scriptures, but didn't seem to understand the Spirit. That said we could ask, did he know? Was he just trying to see what Jesus said about those things, I think not, his questions were as worldly as they could come.

PTL though Nicodemus had a searching heart, God loves a searching heart, if the heart isn't search the person is spiritually dead.

Nichodemus should have know the scriptures about Israel and about the Holy Spirit, as Jesus stated, he was 'a teacher of ALL Israel', but it seems he read and understood the scriptures, but didn't seem to understand the Spirit. That said we could ask, did he know? Was he just trying to see what Jesus said about those things, I think not, his questions were as worldly as they could come.

PTL though Nicodemus had a searching heart, God loves a searching heart, if the heart isn't search the person is spiritually dead.

Don't put a spin on this, the heart should be searching the scriptures.

Nicodemus was a teacher, a Pharisee, a member of the Jewish ruling council.

Like a Doctor, his conclusions were made with precision; like the Bereans, he searched the scriptures

Loyal
Like a Doctor, his conclusions were made with precision; like the Bereans, he searched the scriptures

I wonder if he missed this one?

Joel 2:28; "It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions.
Joel 2:29; "Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

I wonder if he missed this one?

Joel 2:28; "It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions.
Joel 2:29; "Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

yes this is a very good passage

Peter referred to them in Acts 2

The Jews believed in signs and wonders as in the days of Moses The Red Sea was opened

These are signs and wonders:

Acts 2:

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

---but Jesus had not sent the comforter yet which is the Holy spirit,

1 Corinthians 1

17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Romans 16:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Loyal
Back to the question -- what is meant by 'you must be born again.". We are born physically -- we are alive -- we Need to be born Spiritually -- in order to be with Jesus Christ for eternity. In the New Jerusalem for eternity.

Back to the question -- what is meant by 'you must be born again.". We are born physically -- we are alive -- we Need to be born Spiritually -- in order to be with Jesus Christ for eternity. In the New Jerusalem for eternity.

Have you not learned anything from all these post. You say "we need to be Born Spiritually". It is amazing of all the Scriptures posted, you have no conclusion. You just ignore what was said; wipe it out and start again from the beginning.

Many of these contributors have contributed important facts; but like most people we do not build on the foundation of scripture but prefer to be interested in what others think. All scripture is Given by God for our learning; If given by God, build on this foundation.

2 Timothy 3:14-17 King James Version (KJV)
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Loyal
Have you not learned anything from all these post. You say "we need to be Born Spiritually". It is amazing of all the Scriptures posted, you have no conclusion. You just ignore what was said; wipe it out and start again from the beginning.

Many of these contributors have contributed important facts; but like most people we do not build on the foundation of scripture but prefer to be interested in what others think. All scripture is Given by God for our learning; If given by God, build on this foundation.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Greetings

John 3:1-21 (NKJV)
1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"
10 Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?

11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
15 that whoever believes in Him [and is born again from above] should not perish but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

Jesus said that we must be born again through water and the Spirit (or the Holy Spirit).

This means God gives us the Holy Spirit for our salvation, not for wonders, miracles or for any other reason.

Ezekiel 37:14 (NKJV)
I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it," says the LORD.' "

Ezekiel 37:12-14 (NKJV)
12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.
14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it," says the LORD.' "

As lost souls we are dead through sin, our sins are washed away through the blood of Christ when the spirit comes into our heart and abides in us.

When we are born again, we effectively have our graves opened up, we are brought into new life in Christ Jesus, then He puts His spirit in us, then we know Jesus is Lord, He has performed this wonderful miracle in us. To God be the Glory.

We are restored, made new, we are made whole. We are Saved, unless we are born again we will not see any of this, we shall not see the Kingdom of Heaven. As saved souls on earth being born again from above gives us a taste for our new heavenly life, we are to practice righteousness all our days, to become more like Christ. We are being prepared for our new bodies, our new home in the New Jerusalem on the New Heaven.

Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed Holy is your Name,
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Emmanuel God with us.

Loyal
Psalm 18:1-3 (NKJV)
1 I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.

Psalm 18:1-3 (CJB)
1 “I love you, Adonai, my strength!
2 “Adonai is my Rock, my fortress and deliverer, my God, my Rock, in whom I find shelter, my shield, the power that saves me, my stronghold.
3 I call on Adonai, who is worthy of praise; and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 18:1-3 (NJB)
1 For the choirmaster Of David, the servant of Yahweh, who addressed the words of this song to Yahweh when Yahweh had delivered him from all his enemies and from the clutches of Saul.
He said:
I love you, Yahweh, my strength (my Saviour, you have saved me from violence).
2 Yahweh is my rock and my fortress, my deliverer is my God. I take refuge in him, my rock, my shield, my saving strength, my stronghold, my place of refuge.
3 I call to Yahweh who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my foes.

Loyal

I've learned Plenty from all those posts. My conclusion has been that the original question needs to be addressed. It's sort of been ignored. We NEED to be building on the foundations of what Scripture says. And be listening to what other's have to say -- is it based on Scripture ---- 'ye must be born again' is pretty foundational in Scripture. What does it mean to be 'born again'. Scripture nails it down pretty well. As the John 3 passages tells us.

Greetings

I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it," says the LORD.' "

12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.
14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it," says the LORD.' "

I'm glad we agree on this part.

As for Christians:
1 Corinthians 15:50-53
50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

Loyal
Since you're in 1 Corinthians 15 -- start with vs 1 - 4. "by which also you are saved," which is being born again.

The Holy Spirit Did come and go from people in the Old Testament. But we Also see what I just mentioned -- upon being born again -- the Holy Spirit comes immediately to indwell each believer and Stays with that person until we are Jesus Christ.

Since you're in 1 Corinthians 15 -- start with vs 1 - 4. "by which also you are saved," which is being born again.

The Holy Spirit Did come and go from people in the Old Testament. But we Also see what I just mentioned -- upon being born again -- the Holy Spirit comes immediately to indwell each believer and Stays with that person until we are Jesus Christ.

Did the Holy Spirit indwell Nicodemus Because the Lord had not ascended and He had not sent the comforter.