• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

What was Jesus saying when He said "you must be born again"

Well, maybe if we have the right translation of the Greek or Aramaic language. And stop using the word “born again” and use the word “born from Above”. That is plain, meaning “born of God” a heavenly birth. 1st birth is earthly flesh, then we have a second birth in side of our earthly body along with our earthly flesh which is a spiritual life in side of us. If your name was Paul at 1st born from the earthly then you had another spiritual birth from above at the age of 20, now there are 2 Paul’s in one body. A fleshly one and a spiritual one but the 2 are really one. Now “Nicodemus” you cannot figure this out so don’t even try. It is like the wind you do not know where it comes from and where it blows SO is everyone that is born of the Spirit. The kingdom is the Reign of God. Jesus said MY Kingdom is not of this world. Jesus also said: My words are Spirit. Satan is the Prince of this World. Given unto him by God. Those who are born from above., sees the Reign of God and will Enter that Kingdom at the appointed Time. The true Kingdom of God is everything as a whole. The seen and the unseen and the purpose of all things and why they exist. The Purpose of God for own existence. My mind cannot go any further.❤ Can anyone add to that if so, we all will be grateful.

Nicodemus thought this was a literal rebirth. Jesus said "you as a Pharisee should know the answer.
John 11:
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Luke 22:
29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Zechariah 14:
Behold, the day of the Lord cometh 4. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east 9. And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one. 16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Ezekiel 37:
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel:
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

“Jesus said "you as a Pharisee should know the answer.”

Jesus was using “irony” when he said that to Nicodemus, He knew there was no way Nicodemus could understand, what “born from above” meant. That is why Jesus told him “wonder not” and told him the story of the wind. No one can really explain what or how a person is “born from Above” to a unregenerate person, it is impossible for them to even grasp it, even of the tiniest bit. The natural mind cannot comprehend the spiritual. The natural mind cannot comprehend the “Kingdom of God” and The natural mind cannot see “The Kingdom of God”! Neither the natural mind cannot enter “The Kingdom of God”. But the Natural mind could see Jesus! The Word of God that was made flesh and walk among us, full of mercy and grace. That is the closes any flesh is going to approach the Kingdom of God in this “generation” or “age” using the biblical Jewish language vernacular of that time. Concerning “generation and the word “age”❤

I beg to differ
Jesus never lied nor did He use sarcasm.
Jesus spoke plainly:
John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

You got to be kidding, what have you been reading some para-phrase. Some easy English translation so you will not be offended, So God will not hurt your little feelings. If you have not read in “Holy Scripture” the language and the tone how God Has spoke to a people who have ignored His commands and decrees. And what they have done , and said under every tree, after all of the goodness and the love and kindness He have Shown unto a dis- obedient people. Have You not read or saw in Holy Scripture what God has done and will do in the future to a certain group of people, it pains me to even think what He will do according to Holy Scripture.

on offense Brother, it's good to have passion.

The only reference I have used is the King Jame Bible. Here is God's Words:

John 3 King James Version (KJV)
3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

question;
1. Did Nicodemus believe Jesus was talking about a literal birth? Did Jesus tell him "no, I'm not talking about a literal rebirth"

2. Does the Old Testament mention God raising the dead and giving them (Israel) life?

3. Does Jesus say to the 12, "you will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel,"

4. Zechariah 14 describes the Day the Lord returns.

Did you not read the passages in the beginning of this discussion. These are God's Words not mine. Please read all the passages and then tell me which one of these passages in in error

1. What is the Kingdom of God?

2. Do we see the the Kingdom?

Are we there yet, has Satan been bound for 1000 years?

Ok, the original post stated:
“What was Jesus saying when He said “you must be Born again”. I address that question and also the next 2 questions you ask, Which was:
1. What is the Kingdom of God?
2. Do we see the the Kingdom? See my responses to those questions In my 1st reply. I will send my answer to the last post.

I really don’t know, but for the last 43 years I know were he has been! Chasing Me!
Mr. PoughBoy

The first time I looked at every Word in John 3, I realize this passage has been misquoted or misrepresented

I think about What is impossible for man is not impossible for God

on offense Brother, it's good to have passion.

The only reference I have used is the King Jame Bible. Here is God's Words:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

question;
1. Did Nicodemus believe Jesus was talking about a literal birth? Did Jesus tell him "no, I'm not talking about a literal rebirth"

2. Does the Old Testament mention God raising the dead and giving them (Israel) life?

3. Does Jesus say to the 12, "you will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel,"

4. Zechariah 14 describes the Day the Lord returns.

Did you not read the passages in the beginning of this discussion. These are God's Words not mine. Please read all the passages and then tell me which one of these passages in in error
1. Answer, there are 2 question here. A.Nick didn’t really know what Jesus was talking about, he wanted Jesus to explain, by the tone how he responded. B. Jesus did not tell him “No”.
So my answer to your 1st question those words are in error.

2. yes
3. Yes
4. Yes. “Final Answer”

1. Answer, there are 2 question here. A.Nick didn’t really know what Jesus was talking about, he wanted Jesus to explain, by the tone how he responded. B. Jesus did not tell him “No”.
So my answer to your 1st question those words are in error.

2. yes
3. Yes
4. Yes. “Final Answer”
I presume you see my point. if this is so please carefully study the rest of the Chapter of John 3 I have much to say about the chapter. send me your question please. you can also email to minimize confusion or interference

praise God, Thank you Jesus

I presume you see my point. if this is so please carefully study the rest of the Chapter of John 3 I have much to say about the chapter. send me your question please. you can also email to minimize confusion or interference

praise God, Thank you Jesus
I think I might know where you might be going with this. Because it might have something about seeing the path to get there, “Pilgrim”.

I know no one has went to “Heaven yet” but He that came down from there,

* the Kingdom of God starts when Christ returns to rule and reign for 1000 years