• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What was Jesus saying when He said "you must be born again"

Active
It was never revealed to them that God was their Father until Jesus showed up. So I can see where they would never have said that he was.
Matt 23:9 "Call no man your Father upon the earth, for one is your Father, which is in heaven." And lets keep in mind that he spoke of spiritual things not physical so the Father is the Father of the spirit that dwells in you that came from him! Just as the spirit called Jesus came from him.

To respond to WNL. Yes indeed he was conceived by the Holy Ghost, The last ADAM, Adam was made without sin but fell due to sin, Jesus was made just like Adam in that he was made outside the curses of EDEN (carnal mind and a body that would bring forth thorns and thistles). He having no carnal mind was never at odds with his Father, on the other hand we were from birth as we inherit the curses from our earthly fathers.
This truth was demonstrated by his telling Peter to "get thee behind me satan for thou lovest not the things of GOD." Just prior to going into the garden of gethsemane where he taking on himself the sin of the world took as well a carnal mind unto himself, when he did this he prayed that the Father "remove this cup from him" evidence of self preservation and a carnal mind that was never observed until that moment but he had to experience it to make him a better high priest, as he had to know what those he was going to intercede for went through.

And to interject here I'm pretty sure God could never take on a carnal mind and be at odds with himself.

Active
To David 1954,

Would you share with us what your experience with Holy Ghost baptism was like? And how you felt the first week or so after.

Reminiscent of Acts 2, intoxication, my brother thought, was the explanation for my inexplicable abnormal joy, My direct subjective communion with God, he doubted. When I called him to report it.

I don't recall anything about the weeks that followed. They were not like my weeks of 24/7 love peace and joy following the opening of my eyes to hear the Bible, months before.

Active
Have you since that time been sent by the Lord to do or say anything to anyone? And have you been able to move yourself out of the way to let the spirit pray for you?

I've said a lot of things to a lot of people. But I think you are asking if God has "laid it on my heart" to make a specific statement to a designated person?

And have you figured out how to pray in tongues?

There is a false doctrine, that everyone baptized in the Spirit speaks in tongues. I have forced myself to utter gibberish, as people teach, but I don't know if it was speaking in tongues.

It's not a false doctrine actually, I've found a couple of verses that support it.

Mark 16:17 (MEV) "These signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues."

1 Corinthians 14:39 (MEV) "Therefore, brothers, eagerly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues."

Loyal
It's not a false doctrine actually, I've found a couple of verses that support it.

Mark 16:17 (MEV) "These signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues."

1 Corinthians 14:39 (MEV) "Therefore, brothers, eagerly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues."

one thing is for certain its a gift from God and not something you learn to do

No, they don't support the doctrine that everyone baptized in the Spirit will speak in tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

- 1 Corinthians 12.

Active
I only asked if you PRAYED in tongues, it's a personal thing you can do while going down the highway on the way to work.

I was told many years ago that in order to remove your mind out of the way simply sit still and say nothing let the mind empty and whatever comes out of your mouth let it. I did and the praying in tongues began that day. It was simple but I was in my own way. And maybe nervous that since I didn't know what I was saying that it was wrong, but again it is simply the new creature within you speaking for you.

And as I recollect Paul made the statement "I thank my God that I pray in tongues more than you all." It's just for personal edification and no value to anyone but you. If you got it and want to use it go for it, if not no biggie.

The Mark 16:17 verse speaks to everyone that believes not just Apostles, or any other classification of the body of Christ,but to the entire body of Christ.

Most folks I run into will run from you if you mention praying in tongues, they think you got a devil like they did with Jesus. Sad part is if they really are one of the chosen then they just don't know they got it, and the denominational group there with teaches against it or doesn't believe in it) or they really don't got HIM.

Either way was just trying to throw a little help your way, same as I was given.

Active
PS On the tongues thing in my own personal experience, the strange language started coming out of my mouth at the time of the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
Pretty sure thats exactly what happened on the day of Pentecost too, Kinda like the new born baby crying after birth. I guess I suppressed It until the info I gave above got to me.

Active
Dave M,

Your right you don't learn how to do it, you already got it but most just don't know it. They can't get out of their own way to let the gift speak for them.

I would add, that you who have legitimately been baptized in the Spirit, should denounce the Catholics and Protestants who preach against you.

Active
They preach against Jesus Christ within us. But like Paul said they still preach Jesus Christ so we leave them alone. God is able to pull anyone from any religion and does so regularly. We just don't hear about it very often.

Most anyone that claims to be a born again believer but has no gifts or truth is obviously not a true Christian. Just as in the Bible where it proclaims there are women(church groups) that want to wear their own clothes(no Holy Ghost) and speak there own words(doctrines of men) but want to be called by his name. There are many many more of these than true believers.

You may find one day that as God grows you in doctrine you will be cast out of pretty much any group, for they have no place among them for a maturing Son of God. And it will come to pass that you will look back on your captivity to the denominational group as an overcoming issue.
Afterall God wants his Sons spiritually mature and what better way than to throw you in what appears to be something of his own but is not, and you must graduate from that class to move up and receive the HIDDEN MANNA.

He will only teach these things to those who no more require milk and are drawn from the breasts. No babies in this class still depandant on their mother(church group, pastor).