• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What version is your bible?

Active
@rut If you would like a Holy bible PM me and I can send you one. It will be KJV, sorry I wont have your local dialect but God will help you understand it pray for interpretation to translate it into your language.

I will give you one thats quite new and not falling apart. The words of Jesus are in red. Also has map and dictionary at the back.

In english, not all bibles are the same, thats why people get confused. Be blessed!

We have same in secondhand op shops here. ALways feel it is wrong to sell a bible. The gospel shall be given freely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
We have same in secondhand op shops here. ALways feel it is wrong to sell a bible. The gospel shall be given freely.

I agree. My wife has a tradition of giving away a couple of Bibles a years for the last 30 years or so. ..and yet... even though there is a cost to printing
and binding.. (it cost $$ to make Bibles) the Bible has been the best selling book of all time since before anyone was keeping records.
It's never on the New York Times best seller list (if it was, it would be number #1 continuously). So while I agree with you here, even though the
word of God is being "peddled for profit". ( 2 Cor 2:17; ) It's still reaching millions of people. That can't be all bad.

The are organizations here in the US like the Gideons, who leave Bibles in hotel rooms. They are free for the taking in most places.

Active
If you would like the ERV version can also send you that, was given several copies but I didnt find ERV easy to read myself because am used to KJV I put some of the ERV in the church library..could send you both kjv and ERV if you like.

When I was helping out at one of the church libraries guess what they didnt actually have spare copies of the bible for people to borrow. They had about 600 other christian books but no bibles. I had to fight tooth and nail to get some in there, the pastor was saying oh we dont need any.

My first bible was a gideons but it was just new testment, psalms and proverbs in a little blue pocket version, not the full Bible. Some churches give away free new testaments.

You can also find the Book of John in booklets given away.

Used to support the Bible League but then found out they were not really doing what they were supposed to by giving bibles away for free they were always asking for more money and actually selling bibles. They took over from Bibles in Action and they used to have a little shop in my town, when I was a new christian I went in there cos God was telling I needed a full bible but they only had new copies for sale. And I didnt have any money. So I asked them could I please just have an old copy you dont want and they gave me a KJV.

Praise the Lord for that KJV bible.

I have a NKJV, Living Bible, Message, and NIV, the last of which is my preferred go to version for daily reading and scripture dissection.

rut

Without a doubt, but my point remains.
You are very correct. Almost all the paper back bibles are sold the same price. My friend bought her bible that I'm with her here for $6 equivalent in our local money at Word Of Life Bible Shop.Bible are not given free here.This shop sale brand new bibles.

Ruth Michael.

rut

Where I live in Oklahoma there are many second hand stores which sell used clothing and books. A couple of them will not sell Bibles, but rather have them marked free for the taking. In our part of the country anyway it makes obtaining a Bible quite easy. Many assemblies including my own have extra Bibles on hand for visitors to use and for anyone to take one who really wants one. The sad thing is that so few people need or want them while many as our @rut our sister from Nigeria would love to have a Bible of their own.
Only Mormon church and Jehovah Witnesses gives free .You know we Christians cannot use such books.
Ruth Michael.

@rut If you would like a Holy bible PM me and I can send you one. It will be KJV, sorry I wont have your local dialect but God will help you understand it pray for interpretation to translate it into your language.

I will give you one thats quite new and not falling apart. The words of Jesus are in red. Also has map and dictionary at the back.

In english, not all bibles are the same, thats why people get confused. Be blessed!
Thank you for your offer to send me a bible, but like I said earlier the government charge duty for every parcel that one receives here.Later today I will let you know how to go about sending bible to me when I speak with the postal manager today.
Ruth Michael.

The local bible shop here imported their bibles from overseas and sell them at a cheaper price to those who are able to buy it.They pay heavy duty to the government.So I know nothing is free.

Ruth Michael/

I'm preparing to go and find out from the postal manager what it will take me to receive a packet from overseas as I have never receive one before. I was told in every thing you receive you pay customs duty on it. If it is cheaper, I will let you know so I can forward my postal address for you to send it.

But otherwise, I think it will be cheaper to buy locally as we have two good bible shops here . Word Of Life Bible Shop and Perfect Word Bible Shop. These shops buy their bibles directly from publishers overseas and pay government duty and taxes on them and sell them in very moderate prices so that those who can afford to buy can do so.

I will let you know much later today. But at the same time, it is not compulsory for any one to help, but if you have the means and are touch by God to help, please don't fail to assist in this bible request.

I will let the moderator know and anyone wishing to help may declare his or her intention.

Last Sunday even, when we went back to evening service from 5.00pm-6.00pm, I told every on who attended the bible study to pray as I have made contact with sincere brothers and sisters in the faith whom the Lord will use to donate bibles to us. They where so excited to hear about it.

God will bless and reward every one who takes part in this bible project.

Love in Christ,

Ruth Michael.

Active
There is a tax to recieve a parcel from overseas??

Hmm never had that here, actually it costs more to send something overseas than the cost of the item you are sending sometimes.

For parcels and other items here the postal delivery service is generally good as its govt, but if you want things couriered there is a cost, but that is on the sender not the reciever...unless you are buying it off someone but this is a gift.

The gift is free!

I dropped into an opshop yesterday and found an old KJV it was readable but the binding was a bit falling apart, if its still there next time I will ask if anyone wants it, usually if they do sell it would just be a donation like $2 that goes back to the church. You could have my new copy and I could buy that one and fix the binding. Some of the pages were looking a bit mouldy but the print was big and clear.

My newer copy I found in a roadside book stall and it was free. One day was just walking round the shops and found it because people just donated books to this stand free to good homes.

Loyal
You are very correct. Almost all the paper back bibles are sold the same price. My friend bought her bible that I'm with her here for $6 equivalent in our local money at Word Of Life Bible Shop.Bible are not given free here.This shop sale brand new bibles.

Ruth Michael.
Since you have the Internet perhaps you can use one the free access Bibles available online. That may not be true in Nigeria, but you may try the following and see if it works on your computer:

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

rut

Where I live in Oklahoma there are many second hand stores which sell used clothing and books. A couple of them will not sell Bibles, but rather have them marked free for the taking. In our part of the country anyway it makes obtaining a Bible quite easy. Many assemblies including my own have extra Bibles on hand for visitors to use and for anyone to take one who really wants one. The sad thing is that so few people need or want them while many as our @rut our sister from Nigeria would love to have a Bible of their own.
Hello, please I cannot receive any postal item from overseas because of the high duty and VAT place by the Muslim government in Nigeria before receiving a postal items from overseas.The postal manager told me I can pay more than $100 to receive my items.I think the Muslim government is trying to hinder Christians from receiving free bibles from overseas.

I visited a Christian Bible dealer after my talk with the postal manager and praise God, I can still receive bibles same day on receipt of payment by the bible dealer.All you have to do is to please write to PERFECT WORD BIBLE SHOP and place an order.
The contact person is Joshua Emmanuel. They have both Native language bible and English bibles at cheaper prices. Just let them know that the bibles is for Ruth Michael..

Please write to them. Thank you and remain blessed.

Love in Christ,

Ruth Michael.

rut

I dropped into an opshop yesterday and found an old KJV it was readable but the binding was a bit falling apart, if its still there next time I will ask if anyone wants it, usually if they do sell it would just be a donation like $2 that goes back to the church. You could have my new copy and I could buy that one and fix the binding. Some of the pages were looking a bit mouldy but the print was big and clear.

My newer copy I found in a roadside book stall and it was free. One day was just walking round the shops and found it because people just donated books to this stand free to good homes.
Hello, please there is no way to receive bibles from overseas as the government is putting high duty on postal items. I know the Muslim government is trying to hinder us from getting free bibles abroad. If you want to help, please let me know and I will send you the email address of PERFECT WORD BIBLE SHOP so you place order and they will deliver bibles to me same day without me paying a dime as duty. Thank you.

Ruth Michael.

what is the native language exactly?
The native language bibles are the bibles translated into our mother local dialects that uneducated person can read and understand the bible. We have Efik bible,Igbo Bible, Yoruba Bible, Hausa Bible and Arabic bible since most people in Northern Nigeria speaks arabic.

When you contact the bible dealer, he will let you know.
Thank you.

Ruth Michael.

Native language is our local language, like Efik, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and Arabic.The holy bible is translated into all these dialects. This is to help those who do not know how to speak English or read English to read the bible in their native language.

Thank you.

Ruth Michael.

It is our local language and I have explained to you already. just like you have the bible in Spanish, so do we have it in our local dialects.

ruth Michael.

The native language is the local language, not English spoken by different ethic group in Nigeria and the bible has been translated into these local languages.

Thank you.

Ruth Michael.

The local language bible is mainly for those who did not go to school and cannot read the English bible.

Thank you.

Ruth michael.

Loyal
I don't know if you cat get to this site, but you may be able to download Bibles for you PC.

e-Sword: Bible Study for the PC

The native language is the local language, not English spoken by different ethic group in Nigeria and the bible has been translated into these local languages.

The eSword Bible has about 20 different languages, I didn't the ones you listed above, but perhaps one is close enough?

Not all of the versions are free, but most of the "basic" Bibles are free. One of the nice things about this, is that you don't have to
go on the internet everytime you want to look up a verse.

Active
Hmm since you have internet yes you could download a bible and it wouldnt cost very much..it would be free for a digital copy although I personally havent done it, as an e-book.

Im a bit wary of placing orders overseas I dont really do that because our currencies are not the same and I dont know if the bible gets to where they go. I remember one time placing an order for a bible atlas at a christian bookstore locally and they took months to get it in, and then I had to go into town and pick it up without even having seen it first. I didnt go, becuase such a hassle going into town when they could have delivered it.

Why cant people just ask the bible dealer if they could have a free copy and see what they say. I know some publishers give away copies for free, could say you reviewing it :)

Just ask at the shop and if a copy is damaged or old they might give it away for free. If they say you have to pay, well its on them. God knows we cant sell His Word.

When I needed a bible in farsi (persian) for a friend a christian lady gave me one, Ive also been given bibles in arabic and chinese, maori, samoan tagalog..then given them away if God wants you to have a bible in your language He will make a way.

Will pray you receive your bible. If I had lots of bibles I wouldnt sell them but give to anyone who asks.

Also libraries and churches should always have bibles free to borrow or reference copies. If you only have one copy you better start copying and memorising that copy. Dont ever sell the Bible, I heard theres a huge black market for them.

Loyal
Hello, please I cannot receive any postal item from overseas because of the high duty and VAT place by the Muslim government in Nigeria before receiving a postal items from overseas.The postal manager told me I can pay more than $100 to receive my items.I think the Muslim government is trying to hinder Christians from receiving free bibles from overseas.

I visited a Christian Bible dealer after my talk with the postal manager and praise God, I can still receive bibles same day on receipt of payment by the bible dealer.All you have to do is to please write to PERFECT WORD BIBLE SHOP and place an order.
The contact person is Joshua Emmanuel. They have both Native language bible and English bibles at cheaper prices. Just let them know that the bibles is for Ruth Michael..

Please write to them. Thank you and remain blessed.

Love in Christ,

Ruth Michael.
Do they have a website we can visit to buy online and what is their address?