• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What to say?

Loyal
His Name is Clark, I have not seen him in 25 years give or take, he is in a hospital bed with stage 4 cancer, with days or months to live, I do not know if he is saved, he was a born and raised catholic, so I am know he believes in Jesus and knows Jesus but I am not sure if he is saved, so I am trying to arrange to go see him, he is in NY I am in NC, prayers's for him and his family are greatly appreciated, he will be leaving a wife with 3 kids that are all very young of age not even teenagers yet. He is only in his early fifties.

I guess I am looking for the language to use, I guess I am over thinking it maybe, because really all that needs to be said is repent and believe in Jesus.

Loyal
Pray that the Holy Spirit will give you the words needed and then be faithful to say them. They no matter what, you will be saying the best thing that this man and perhaps his family need to hear.

Loyal
I guess I am looking for the language to use, I guess I am over thinking it maybe, because really all that needs to be said is repent and believe in Jesus.

Roll it over onto The Lord and tell Him you trust in Him to give you His Words to speak and not yours.
Believe it and don't doubt it.
If you get the opportunity, then trust and allow the Word of the Lord to come through.

He can get bigger results saying little compared to us saying a lot of our words, thoughts etc.

Prayers going out
Blessings to you
Stay Strong and be the man of God anointed and authorised to speak His Word.

Loyal
@Dave M

Start now and seek God on on Clark's behalf and ask that the Father give Clark more time AND pray that God grants Clark the gift of repentance.

The Holy Spirit just reminded me of this. My Pastor did this and God said He would do just that and He did !!
Blessings to you

Loyal
@Dave M

Start now and seek God on on Clark's behalf and ask that the Father give Clark more time AND pray that God grants Clark the gift of repentance.

The Holy Spirit just reminded me of this. My Pastor did this and God said He would do just that and He did !!
Blessings to you

thank you brother

Staff Member
Greetings Dave.

I saw this a few days ago while offline. Do you have/are you having regular contact with Clark? If so, please keep us posted about how he is doing.... please?

I am reminded of a chap i knew some years ago. I shall try to write it out for you as what I saw was the Lord doing His perfect work in the lives of many through the whole situation with this man. It is and will be encouraging.

Bear with me and I shall endeavour to get it here,

Bless you Dave ....><>

Staff Member
His Name is Clark, I have not seen him in 25 years give or take, he is in a hospital bed with stage 4 cancer, with days or months to live, I do not know if he is saved, he was a born and raised catholic, so I am know he believes in Jesus and knows Jesus but I am not sure if he is saved, so I am trying to arrange to go see him, he is in NY I am in NC, prayers's for him and his family are greatly appreciated, he will be leaving a wife with 3 kids that are all very young of age not even teenagers yet. He is only in his early fifties.

Greeting again Dave,

could you copy paste this [post of yours] to a prayer request in the prayer forum? You don't have to but I keep getting the unction to ask you to.

Have been praying and will continue to do so,

Bless you ....><>

Loyal

I pray the Lord will give you the words to say to him and that you will talk with him very soon. I pray, too, for his salvation.

Loyal
thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I went to NY and back over the weekend and spent some quality time with him, I read some scripture to him, he was pretty zonked out on pain killers the whole time I was there and he would go in out during our conversations.

I prayed the week leading up to this for my travel also for God to send some Angels and look after me while on the road, this is a 24 hr round trip, 12 hrs on the way there not a big deal on the way back I almost fell asleep at the wheel but something Jerked my arm and woke me back up, needless to say I pulled over and took a nap after that, I think back now and really think it was a Angel looking over me . Thank You God.

I was a little disappointed in myself for not reading more scripture or talking more about faith with him then I did. But I did give him the basics and he was heavily medicated so I just pray for Gods grace to be given to him. He has always known the basics of the Christian faith and was one of the best human beings I knew when growing up with him as a kid .

Thanks again everyone who responded to this thread it really means a lot to me.

Staff Member
I was a little disappointed in myself for not reading more scripture or talking more about faith with him then I did.

NO DAVE !!! Don't be disappointed in yourself, Brother. The devil is a liar and so don't take any notice of him!

Let's keep praying for Clark and for his wife and their precious children....

Bless you Brother ....><>