Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

What to say?

Discussion in 'Counseling' started by Dave M, Mar 13, 2018 at 3:38 PM.

1. what do you say to a freind that has been given 1 day - 6 months to live??
  2. Are they saved?
    If not then you know what needs to be said.

If they are saved, then get into healing scriptures.

Sent from a mobile device
    Fragrant Grace and Dave M like this.
  3. Have them see a holistic doctor. Praying for your friend.
    Dave M likes this.
  4. His Name is Clark, I have not seen him in 25 years give or take, he is in a hospital bed with stage 4 cancer, with days or months to live, I do not know if he is saved, he was a born and raised catholic, so I am know he believes in Jesus and knows Jesus but I am not sure if he is saved, so I am trying to arrange to go see him, he is in NY I am in NC, prayers's for him and his family are greatly appreciated, he will be leaving a wife with 3 kids that are all very young of age not even teenagers yet. He is only in his early fifties.

I guess I am looking for the language to use, I guess I am over thinking it maybe, because really all that needs to be said is repent and believe in Jesus.
  5. Pray that the Holy Spirit will give you the words needed and then be faithful to say them. They no matter what, you will be saying the best thing that this man and perhaps his family need to hear.
  6. Roll it over onto The Lord and tell Him you trust in Him to give you His Words to speak and not yours.
    Believe it and don't doubt it.
    If you get the opportunity, then trust and allow the Word of the Lord to come through.

He can get bigger results saying little compared to us saying a lot of our words, thoughts etc.

Prayers going out
    Blessings to you
    Stay Strong and be the man of God anointed and authorised to speak His Word.
    Fragrant Grace, Brad Huber and Dave M like this.
  7. @Dave M

Start now and seek God on on Clark's behalf and ask that the Father give Clark more time AND pray that God grants Clark the gift of repentance.

The Holy Spirit just reminded me of this. My Pastor did this and God said He would do just that and He did !!
    Blessings to you
    Dave M likes this.
  8. thank you brother
    Wired 4 Fishen likes this.
  9. You are very welcome !!
  10. Greetings Dave.

I saw this a few days ago while offline. Do you have/are you having regular contact with Clark? If so, please keep us posted about how he is doing.... please?

I am reminded of a chap i knew some years ago. I shall try to write it out for you as what I saw was the Lord doing His perfect work in the lives of many through the whole situation with this man. It is and will be encouraging.

Bear with me and I shall endeavour to get it here,

Bless you Dave ....><>
    Brad Huber likes this.
  11. Greeting again Dave,

could you copy paste this [post of yours] to a prayer request in the prayer forum? You don't have to but I keep getting the unction to ask you to.

Have been praying and will continue to do so,

Bless you ....><>