• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What if you die tonight?

Loyal
No He is NOT. See God sends NO MAN to hell. Man sends himself by REJECTING Jesus Christ. See Jesus is the only way to the Father.
Buddha ain't never gonna get you anyplace other then hell with all the others who chose something other then Jesus Christ.

Has buddah ever healed anyone?
Has your buddah ever met your needs when there seem to be no way?
Even your buddah will bow to his knees and proclaim Jesus is Lord.

It's your choice where you put your trust. My advice is to really be sure in whom you trust.
To answer you my friend you will have to understand fully what Jesus is. Is God, Is the Son of God, Is Love, It the Living Water, Is the Bread of Life, Is the Vine, Is the Word and so on. Jesus Is way more than that guy who hung on the cross.

Jesus said " no one can go to the Father but through me." It is like baptism, going into the water. Knowledge of the water is not Baptism, just as knowledge of Jesus isn't going through Jesus.

When a person Loves in their hearts, Jesus is within. It is Love that brings us home.

Faith only brings us to knowledge of Jesus. But knowledge if burrowed in the sand is worthless. Or shall I say, faith and knowledge burrowed in the sand, or kept to yourself is worthless. It is Only with love in your heart that you will find God

Staff Member
@Torchbearer33

Universalism is a lie. You are leading people on a dangerous pathway to destruction.

Take a look at what the Bible says:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1 Timothy 2:5

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:12

I am the way the truth and the life no man cometh unto the Father but by Me.
John 14:6

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 14:3

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

I imagine your life flashes by before your eyes. I believe in accountability. If we have lived our lives in an acceptable manner then all should be well with us. However if we have not ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Loyal
I imagine your life flashes by before your eyes. I believe in accountability. If we have lived our lives in an acceptable manner then all should be well with us. However if we have not ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
'But these are written,
that ye might believe
that Jesus is the Christ,
the Son of God;
and that believing
ye might have life
through His name.'

(John 20:31)

Hello @Ivar,

You appear to believe that there will still be consciousness in death, but where there is no life there is no consciousness. When you wake out of dreamless sleep you have no conception of the time spent in that state, so it will be with the dead, whether believer or unbeliever. There is no life apart from resurrection, the believer awaits that day when he will awake and be with Christ in resurrection life. Until then the body remains in the grave, and the breath of life (spirit) goes back to God who gave it. Only when the body is energised by that life-giving spirit once more can man be a living soul, until then he is a dead soul, the soul being the whole man.

If you have heard the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and have believed that He has paid the penalty for your sin, by dying in your place, then you have nothing to fear regarding the day when God, in Christ, will judge the secrets of men's hearts: for there is no condemnation to those who are 'in' Christ Jesus. You can look forward to receiving the resurrection life promised you in His Name, To you death holds no terrors, for your hope is in the promise of God in Christ Jesus, which is sure of fulfilment:- you will have 'life through His Name'.

Praise God!

With love
In Christ Jesus
Chris

@complete
No. I appear to believe that if we are dying our life will flash before our eyes. However, I apologize if you are a veteran or experienced in such affairs. I do suspect though that our soul or spirit is eternal and will move on to a specific location. I imagine accountability to be a factor of the afterlife as well and with accountability there is awareness. Either way time will tell.

Poor attitude. It's the truth, God doesn't send man to hell, each person chooses on their own their eternal destiny.

Charles Stanley preached on this in his sermon just 2 days ago.

Yes, their own...Not other's. You can't be sure that other people are choosing to go to hell for not accepting Jesus Christ. That may be the truth for you, but you're not the judge of others. That's all I was saying.

Loyal
Scripture says that "by their fruit you will know them" There are the fruits of the Spirit -- love joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, etc. 'we' Can be fruit inspectors. If a person says he / she is a believer, But their life does not Show any of those fruits, then there would be a reason to talk with that person In Love and Concern and Possibly lead them to a closer relationship to God through Jesus Christ. That should be the goal.

Loyal
Scripture says that "by their fruit you will know them" There are the fruits of the Spirit -- love joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, etc. 'we' Can be fruit inspectors. If a person says he / she is a believer, But their life does not Show any of those fruits, then there would be a reason to talk with that person In Love and Concern and Possibly lead them to a closer relationship to God through Jesus Christ. That should be the goal.[/QUOTE there are other kinds of fruit. Prophecies. Do they come true. Healings, does a healing really happen and stay healed. Remember Jim Jones, someone would recieve a healing of a broken leg, 5 min later, healing gone. That was the work of demons

Loyal
Bill -- what you are naming are spiritual gifts that a person receives at the time of their salvation. The Holy Spirit gives a believer various gifts that are to help the local church operate smoothly. Some gifts are thought to not be given 'today'. One of them is the gift of prophesy. And that of healing. Scripture gives guidelines. Sometimes healing is done here on earth and sometimes it happens in heaven when we receive our new, glorified body.

The TV healing programs. We don't like to think it's 'possible' but there Are those who are paid to be 'healed' during a service. They were never sick / injured in the first place. And some people are hypocondriacs. People who think they have problems and are easily 'healed'. And, they probably Do have a problem. Psychological in nature.

It's easy to get fruits of the Spirit that a born again believer will exhibit, with gift of the Holy Spirit.

Loyal
Bill -- what you are naming are spiritual gifts that a person receives at the time of their salvation. The Holy Spirit gives a believer various gifts that are to help the local church operate smoothly. Some gifts are thought to not be given 'today'. One of them is the gift of prophesy. And that of healing. Scripture gives guidelines. Sometimes healing is done here on earth and sometimes it happens in heaven when we receive our new, glorified body.

The TV healing programs. We don't like to think it's 'possible' but there Are those who are paid to be 'healed' during a service. They were never sick / injured in the first place. And some people are hypocondriacs. People who think they have problems and are easily 'healed'. And, they probably Do have a problem. Psychological in nature.

It's easy to get fruits of the Spirit that a born again believer will exhibit, with gift of the Holy Spirit.
As i said there are msny gifts. Certainly some are for the local church. But many are for wherever God wants you to be.as far as the Gifts themselves, it isnt up to man to choose which Gifts are obsolete

Loyal
Good point. Staying on topic.

What if we Do die tonight?!

A person who dies Tonight -- as a born-again believer -- the Holy Spirit is indwelling me and I'd be in the presence of the Lord. And, of course, that applies to Every born-again believer.

Poor attitude. It's the truth, God doesn't send man to hell, each person chooses on their own their eternal destiny.

Charles Stanley preached on this in his sermon just 2 days ago.
Who created hell?
Who determines who goes there?
Who made the rules?
God has the ability to send people to hell and to not send them to hell. If not, then is he really God?

"Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment." 2 Pet 2:2-9.

God sent the angels to hell and says he will do the same for the ungodly. This seems to indicate that god does sent people to hell, and that he is responsible for people being there.

Active
Who created hell?
Who determines who goes there?
Who made the rules?
God has the ability to send people to hell and to not send them to hell. If not, then is he really God?

"Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment." 2 Pet 2:2-9.

God sent the angels to hell and says he will do the same for the ungodly. This seems to indicate that god does sent people to hell, and that he is responsible for people being there.

Exactly right. God sends people to hell. He sends angels to hell and He sends men to hell. And He is responsible for them being there.

And, hell is where they need to be. Hell is where they belong.

But. little do they know...God is the King of hell. Not satan. God rules in hell just like he rules in heaven. Woe to thee. There is no escape.

Quantrill