• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What if you die tonight?

Active
A Christian should not fear whether they live or die....... It is a win win situation.
Should we depart from this world we home to be with Him
Should we stay on course as a light shinning into a dark world
Holding fast to the testimony He has given us
The testimony of
HIM!
And what a wonderful testimony that is

Hold me close my loving Savior
Fill this heart to love like You
Lead this life to be like Jesus
It is all I want to do
Your will is so precious
It is where I need to be
Glorifying my Savior
For all the world to see

peter

Staff Member
Yes what a lovely way to put it @ph8th
And may those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour be drawn to Him who loves them so dearly.

Loyal
This is a little off topic, but because we dont know when our time will be up, its wise to prepare an organizational list of things to do perhaps for your spouse for things that will help them deal with all the non emotional things that must be dealt with after you have passed. I have a list of addresses and phone numbers for those who we pay monthly, quarterly, and annually in bills. That way, my wife, who lets me take care of that now, will not run into financial problems due to not knowing if I were to pass. Even perhaps a note on said list to where wills, insurance policies, etc are located.

Active
I think most of us had at least some kind of fear of death. In my two tours of Vietnam, what took the greatest toll,upon my mind was indeed death! I wasn't even close to being a believer back then!! On our team we had a very outspoken believer,he was a sniper as well,and would speak to some of us who would listen, about his confidence in Christ Jesus. As much as we disliked this guy we did hang close to him,as it did not seem as if any bullet could touch him!

He should have at least been wounded countless time!! With 120 days left,our team got trapped by enemy gunfire along the perfume river, near Saigon,and he got hit,as he lay in my arms,he looked up and me and smiled, and said,remember something Schmidt,Jesus Christ gave his life for you,and if you are good enough for Jesus man, you are good enough for me,and he perished.

This haunted me until I received Jesus in my own life,in a mop closet in College! I did not understand how he could not fear death,upon his bunk when we got back laid this scripture!( Acts 20:24) which says" But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself,so that I may finish my course,and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus,to testify solemnly of the Gospel of the GRACE of God!" I understand this now brothers and sisters, and so do many of you!! It is how, and why I can always stay thankful to all my brothers and sisters here! May this scripture teach you knowing the truth, and always keeping you free through our Jesus amen!

Staff Member
Greetings,

1Thessalonians 4:13-18
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
1Thessalonians 5:1-11

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over Him. 10 For in that He died, He died unto sin once: but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:8-11

Thou madest Him a little lower than the angels; Thou crownedst Him with glory and honour, and didst set Him over the works of Thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under His feet. For in that He put all in subjection under Him, He left nothing that is not put under Him. But now we see not yet all things put under Him.

But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death,
crowned with glory and honour;
that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For it became Him, for Whom are all things, and by Whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren, Saying, I will declare Thy name unto My brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto Thee.

And again, I will put My trust in Him.
And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given Me.
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy Him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Hebrews 2:7-15

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Hebrews 2:3-4
How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard Him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to His own will?

What if you die tonight?

Bless you ....><>

Active
Uncertainty of this life has been and is lingering in my mind but the Lord has comforted me with the knowing He has prepared a place for me with Him. I embrace the knowing I belong to Him.

Once more my life is uncertain
Death waiting at the door
No fear exist
There is just You
As it was before
How long How long
When my breath is taken
My heart it beats no more
I will return to Your embrace
Where I was before
How long How long
You knew from the beginning
I would wandered
You drew me back to You
Saved by what You did
Not by what I do
How long How long
I am forgiven
Not to parish but live on
So I live this life for You
Until my race is run
How long How long
This world has no place
That is right for me
I am left a pilgrim
Just my Lord and me
So far from my home
How long how long.

peter

Active
I was asked the other day to define what death is to me by a brother in our Church,Holy Spirit said this to tell him,"Death is only a door to eternal life",as Br. Bear reminded us in rom 6:8-11! "It is a door where once you walk through,you never have to close behind you!"

I have done all I can to take care of my loved ones here and I'm still working on myself and what I must do to as a Christian. I don't think much of death other than it is a means to and end of all the madness humanity has brought to this world. I will wait in sleep for the salvation of this world

I know not when this world will end and Christ will come back to us as he said, As a thief in the night, but I hope that I have reached out with action and words from the holy spirit to at least one person and brought them closer to God.

I joined this site hoping someone would be able to answer a few of my questions. One being, based on where you were born, that is the religion you would believe in. So, if christianity is correct, why did we get the golden ticket of being born in the right area so then we get the prize of heaven?

Active
I joined this site hoping someone would be able to answer a few of my questions. One being, based on where you were born, that is the religion you would believe in. So, if christianity is correct, why did we get the golden ticket of being born in the right area so then we get the prize of heaven?
Not sure I understand But........ Here goes we were drawn by God, which many are (we meaning Christians) received the gift of grace which was His Son Jesus. As far as being in the right place God is omnipresent so any place would be right for God. God has drawn people from the darkest jungles and from the most remote places in the arctic He has no barriers......... I guess our golden ticket is Jesus for He did what we could not He paid the ransom for our sins. The prize is His grace that allows us access to the Father (God) that we become sons of God.......... So not where we were born but that we are born a new shedding the adamic fleshy nature we entered this world in.

I never Knew love so true
till I knew love from You
Its a gift given
Not for what I do
Its the gift of grace
That comes from You

Thank You Jesus!

peter

Loyal
You are assuming that one would automatically believe something just because they are born in a certain place. I would disagree with this assumption of yours, and history tends to back me up. Do you think we are parrots who can only see or hear and repeat? We are thinking creatures who have the input of many things that can lead to many different beliefs.

Greetings,

@John Smith and any others pondering the same question
and to all who read...

Bless you ....><>

"A Must Watch Video"

What a motivational and inspirational video that was Br Bear. Could you imagine if all the followers of Christ had half his dedication to lead people to Christ. What a true dedicated servant of God.

God Bless

It's not where you are born, but what you are searching for that
I joined this site hoping someone would be able to answer a few of my questions. One being, based on where you were born, that is the religion you would believe in. So, if Christianity is correct, why did we get the golden ticket of being born in the right area so then we get the prize of heaven?
It's not where you are born that maters. It's what you are searching for that matters. Religion fills the holes in the soul that secularism can't fill and it is your own personal thirst that brings you to the door of the religion that satisfies that thirst.

There are religions out there who demand adherents to that faith under threat of death, but are there not those in that area that would rather be killed than change their faith? Location only provides familiarity of the predominant faith and makes it easier to perform it.It also gives those who would rather be anything else but that religion a target to oppose. This, I think is why I think those in government who oppose Christianity protect and defend Muslims, because they are not Christian. They don't understand or care what that religion is, just that it flies in the face of Christianity and that's good enough for them.

This is where the term," Blind leading the blind," really stands out in my mind.

Active
It's not where you are born, but what you are searching for that

It's not where you are born that maters. It's what you are searching for that matters. Religion fills the holes in the soul that secularism can't fill and it is your own personal thirst that brings you to the door of the religion that satisfies that thirst.

There are religions out there who demand adherents to that faith under threat of death, but are there not those in that area that would rather be killed than change their faith? Location only provides familiarity of the predominant faith and makes it easier to perform it.It also gives those who would rather be anything else but that religion a target to oppose. This, I think is why I think those in government who oppose Christianity protect and defend Muslims, because they are not Christian. They don't understand or care what that religion is, just that it flies in the face of Christianity and that's good enough for them.

This is where the term," Blind leading the blind," really stands out in my mind.

Hey Brother This came to mind after reading your post

2 Corinthians 4 (NASB)

4 Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart, 2 but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled "to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this "world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving "so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants "for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

peter

Hey Brother This came to mind after reading your post

2 Corinthians 4 (NASB)

4 Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart, 2 but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled "to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this "world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving "so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants "for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

peter
That's excellent. The world makes ignorance shine and sinfulness cool. Anytime thought is expedited emotions will prevail.

Precisely.
More simply said reaction rather than response.

peter
Precisely.

The only real trouble is the emotion of choice for the world is hatred.

What strikes me is the fact that those who are against Christianity claim that we are all slaves to an ideal when those who oppose us are slaves to their own ideals. Yet those who are Christian and leave the faith are mourned and those who leave the secularism are demonized.

Demanding adherence to ideology to the degree of those who proclaim it the loudest or above is not only cruel but despotic and is that not what the world does constantly.

Active
Precisely.

Precisely.

The only real trouble is the emotion of choice for the world is hatred.

What strikes me is the fact that those who are against Christianity claim that we are all slaves to an ideal when those who oppose us are slaves to their own ideals. Yet those who are Christian and leave the faith are mourned and those who leave the secularism are demonized.

Demanding adherence to ideology to the degree of those who proclaim it the loudest or above is not only cruel but despotic and is that not what the world does constantly.
I agree and with that said, we should not be surprised by it Jesus said they hated Him and they will hate us also. Being a Christian dealing with the world our standard is no longer right and wrong it is the cross. I struggle with it too but it is a bit ridiculous to seek fairness and morality from an unfair immoral world

peter