• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What does it mean to be saved?

Loyal

Look at 1 Corinthians 15 : 1-3 "Moreover brethren, I declare to you the gospel .... by which also you are saved...... That Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures ."

That Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

And look at Romans 10: 9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

It means that you've realized that you're a sinner and can't save yourself. That you believe in your heart according to what those verses say. You talk to God -- tell Him you want His salvation. You thank Him for His gift Of salvation. Jesus Christ having died on the cross for Your sins and thank Him for dying for You. And then the Holy Spirit will come to indwell you -- you will feel a peace within your heart that hadn't been there before. He gives you New desires -- a new understanding of God's Word. A desire to please God.

We're still part of this world -- but we will have the Holy Spirit to give us direction on how to live for Him and avoid some of this world's pollution. We Can say No to activities /habits that are not good healthy for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malachi 4: 4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

This means that the Law of Moses is kept by Faith. What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Look at 1 Corinthians 15 : 1-3 "Moreover brethren, I declare to you the gospel .... by which also you are saved...... That Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures ."

That Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

And look at Romans 10: 9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

It means that you've realized that you're a sinner and can't save yourself. That you believe in your heart according to what those verses say. You talk to God -- tell Him you want His salvation. You thank Him for His gift Of salvation. Jesus Christ having died on the cross for Your sins and thank Him for dying for You. And then the Holy Spirit will come to indwell you -- you will feel a peace within your heart that hadn't been there before. He gives you New desires -- a new understanding of God's Word. A desire to please God.

We're still part of this world -- but we will have the Holy Spirit to give us direction on how to live for Him and avoid some of this world's pollution. We Can say No to activities /habits that are not good healthy for us.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

What is the Work of John the Baptist in this Salvation? Have you done John 's Water Baptism?

Active
Malachi 4: 4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

This means that the Law of Moses is kept by Faith. What say you?

Yes I would say the law of Moses or the letter of the law must be combined with the law of faith .Together they make one perfect law

Loyal
Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

What is the Work of John the Baptist in this Salvation? Have you done John 's Water Baptism?

John's water baptism has been replaced by salvation through faith and baptism by immersion after that. The baptism by immersion is to show other people what has already taken place in the person's heart. The belief in your heart and your confession by mouth.

Loyal
Yes I would say the law of Moses or the letter of the law must be combined with the law of faith .Together they make one perfect law

Actually , in the New Testament the Jews were trying to combine the law / circumcision / with faith. But we Do have Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace we are saved through faith, and that , not of ourselves , it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any one should boast."

We Are to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, and soul and then our neighbor as ourselves.

And we Also have Faith without works is dead. Our Faith will be seen through our lives -- what we are doing.

Active
Actually , in the New Testament the Jews were trying to combine the law / circumcision/ with faith. But we Do have Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace we are saved through faith, and that , not of ourselves , it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any one should boast."

We Are to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, and soul and then our neighbor as ourselves.

And we Also have Faith without works is dead. Our Faith will be seen through our lives -- what we are doing.

Yes another kind of law other than the letter of the law (death ) signified by Moses and the law of faith or law of new life signified by elijah the power that worked in John the batpisit and all belivers .Those two laws make up the one perfect law of faith (the just and justifier.) the work of Christ's faith that works in us.

Cerimonial laws like circumission. . a sign of the coming of the Son of man Jesus governed cerimoinies as shadows that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which according to Hebrew stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

When the veil was rent it represented the foreskin of the firstborn of God, Jesus . It fullfiled that shaodow the way to the holy of holies the unseen presence of God was opened

John's water baptism has been replaced by salvation through faith and baptism by immersion after that. The baptism by immersion is to show other people what has already taken place in the person's heart. The belief in your heart and your confession by mouth.

Matthew 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

Do you really believe that John's Baptism is to show other men? Why do you think Yeshua/Jesus did John's Baptism?

Actually , in the New Testament the Jews were trying to combine the law / circumcision / with faith. But we Do have Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace we are saved through faith, and that , not of ourselves , it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any one should boast."

Matthew 22: 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

You speak of the Two. Keeping the Two means you are keeping the Ten and keeping the Ten means you are keeping the 613. This is because all the Law is summed up in the Two.

Active
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Are you saying that you keep the Law of Moses? Are you saying that you reject the teachings of Devil/Satan worshipping lawless reprobates who asset that the Law is not relevant?
Which laws should those who follow Jesus observe: all 613 traditional mitzvot, Rambam's code, Simlai's interpretation, some other interpretation of what the laws are? Or should we simply rely on Jesus to know that the law is now written on our heart and to obey it?

Which laws should those who follow Jesus observe: all 613 traditional mitzvot, Rambam's code, Simlai's interpretation, some other interpretation of what the laws are? Or should we simply rely on Jesus to know that the law is now written on our heart and to obey it?

Luke 5:14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Yeshua/Jesus teaches to do the Law of Moses. We must have the Mind of Christ/Messiah.

Active
Luke 5:14 And he charged him to tell no man: but go, and shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing, according as Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Yeshua/Jesus teaches to do the Law of Moses. We must have the Mind of Christ/Messiah.
Which laws of Moses specifically are we supposed to follow? As I said, some Rabbis have said thete are 613, others say over 1,000. So, which laws of Moses are we, the followers of Yeshua, to follow?

Active
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Are you saying that you keep the Law of Moses? Are you saying that you reject the teachings of Devil/Satan worshipping lawless reprobates who asset that the Law is not relevant?

It does take some work but it can be useful in learning how to walk or understand our unsen Father by faith, the unseen eternal and not after what the eyes see the temporal

I would offer to the law and to the testimony or the unseen working out of the letter .

There are two kinds of laws that make up the one perfect witness of God.

The letter of the law (death) what we read the Bible signified by Moses and the unseen power of the law, the law of faith as Elias .The just and justifier the fulfillment. Apart from each other there is no law of grace . That seen (scripture or letter) the temporal mixed with the unseen understanding of faith, the eternal. If there is no mixing then there is no rest when yoked with Christ.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Again not what they testefied but the one there working in and with the two witneses. the one witness the perfect law

Luke 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Again God uses men to give us the unseen understanding. But it is not in respect to men. To the law and the prophet is no different then saying Moses and Elijah representatives of our unseen Holy Spirit who worked in them. The same two witnesses’ of prophecy spoken of in Revelation they will be killed or silenced .God sending a famine for hearing the gospel and believing God

Matthew 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

The law that Peter failed to interpret by mixing faith. Peter to show his unbelief or faithlessness desired to build literal tent for those who have literaly been long gone .No longer having literal part in anything under the Sun

The witnes of men. A natural desire to serve the flesh and not the working of the unseen Holy Spirit.

According to the unseen working of the Holy Spirit if they do not speak according to the two witnesses of God (sola scriptura) it is because there is no light of the gospel working with them.

That is show clearly in the parable (Luke 16) “No man can serve two teaching masters” . The living seeking after the dead like what some call patron saints.(necromancy)

Luke 16:26-31 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Faith does not come by literally seeing after a sign. Twice in that parable the person is reminded those who do seek after another kind of teaching master other than the two witnesses of God God's one witness , they will not be persuaded if Jesus did rise.

Loyal
The context of that passage -- Luke 5:14 -- Jesus had just healed the man of leprosy and he was given instructions by Jesus to go and tell no one, but to make an offering for his cleansing as Moses would have commanded.

He was to make an offering for the cleansing.

Jesus' ministry was in process but His time would not be coming for a while, yet. His 'job' was to lead 'us' to His Father in heaven.

And, yes, there were a lot of ceremonial cleansing procedures that people were to follow. To be cleaner people than the people groups around them. Moses and all of that was Old Testament. The cross of Christ began the New Covenant.

Which laws of Moses specifically are we supposed to follow? As I said, some Rabbis have said thete are 613, others say over 1,000. So, which laws of Moses are we, the followers of Yeshua, to follow?

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whether there are 613, 500 or 1000 laws in total is irrelevant. Only used 613 as this is the well known total of all the Laws of Moses. The followers of Yeshua/Jesus follow all the Laws of Moses.

Active
Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whether there are 613, 500 or 1000 laws in total is irrelevant. Only used 613 as this is the well known total of all the Laws of Moses. The followers of Yeshua/Jesus follow all the Laws of Moses.
All 613 laws you observe? Really? You sure about that? You observe all of the ceremonial and priestly laws? You've written a Torah scroll? You wear tzitzis on your clithing? I could go on. Should I?

It does take some work but it can be useful in learning how to walk or understand our unsen Father by faith, the unseen eternal and not after what the eyes see the temporal

I would offer to the law and to the testimony or the unseen working out of the letter .

There are two kinds of laws that make up the one perfect witness of God.

The letter of the law (death) what we read the Bible signified by Moses and the unseen power of the law, the law of faith as Elias .The just and justifier the fulfillment. Apart from each other there is no law of grace . That seen (scripture or letter) the temporal mixed with the unseen understanding of faith, the eternal. If there is no mixing then there is no rest when yoked with Christ.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Again not what they testefied but the one there working in and with the two witneses. the one witness the perfect law

Luke 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Again God uses men to give us the unseen understanding. But it is not in respect to men. To the law and the prophet is no different then saying Moses and Elijah representatives of our unseen Holy Spirit who worked in them. The same two witnesses’ of prophecy spoken of in Revelation they will be killed or silenced .God sending a famine for hearing the gospel and believing God

Matthew 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

The law that Peter failed to interpret by mixing faith. Peter to show his unbelief or faithlessness desired to build literal tent for those who have literaly been long gone .No longer having literal part in anything under the Sun

The witnes of men. A natural desire to serve the flesh and not the working of the unseen Holy Spirit.

According to the unseen working of the Holy Spirit if they do not speak according to the two witnesses of God (sola scriptura) it is because there is no light of the gospel working with them.

That is show clearly in the parable (Luke 16) “No man can serve two teaching masters” . The living seeking after the dead like what some call patron saints.(necromancy)

Luke 16:26-31 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Faith does not come by literally seeing after a sign. Twice in that parable the person is reminded those who do seek after another kind of teaching master other than the two witnesses of God God's one witness , they will not be persuaded if Jesus did rise.

Matthew 16:2-3

2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.

3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

True Disciples discern the signs of the times.

All 613 laws you observe? Really? You sure about that? You observe all of the ceremonial and priestly laws? You've written a Torah scroll? You wear tzitzis on your clithing? I could go on. Should I?

Do you think having the Mind of Messiah/Christ is the same as the Rabbi's? I'm very far from the standard required to observe all the Laws of Moses.

Active

I think when mankind puts a number on the things of God. . (Literal time periods people or laws) they are not walking by faith the unseen signified understanding. Numbers are quick to be filled in by those who commend themselves (self-edification)

The Bible is one law book and as the letter of the law or that written with the finger of God . It by itself it kills showing our guilt. . Mixed with faith the signified golden understanding it heals and creates a new born again spirit .

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

We are to measure by the golden reed the measure of faith. And not the measure of man the literal

Revelation21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

144,000 to represent the bride of Christ made up of all the nations of the world . Again Gold to represent the glory not unseen.

Matthew 22:36-40 [Full Chapter] Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. ...

Active
I think when mankind puts a number on the things of God. . (Literal time periods people or laws) they are not walking by faith the unseen signified understanding. Numbers are quick to be filled in by those who commend themselves (self-edification)

The Bible is one law book and as the letter of the law or that written with the finger of God . It by itself it kills showing our guilt. . Mixed with faith the signified golden understanding it heals and creates a new born again spirit .

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

We are to measure by the golden reed the measure of faith. And not the measure of man the literal

Revelation21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

144,000 to represent the bride of Christ made up of all the nations of the world . Again Gold to represent the glory not unseen.

Matthew 22:36-40 [Full Chapter] Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. ...
The 144,000 are literal Jews.

You still did not answer my question: which laws of the 613 are you observing or not observing? Take your time, brother. But do remember what the apostle wrote about those who say they obey the law, but fail in one: you are guilty of breaking all.