• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What Do You Think?

Active
This is what we need to be praying for a spirit of love.

If we fail and cant seem to love on our own strength..and yes it can be hard! Espeically if someone is horrible you naturally feel like you want to be horrible in return. It so easy to do this, almost like a reflex action out of habit. I see this at work when my boss hes driving and he swears and curses at everyone else who doesnt drive as perfectly as he does. They cant hear him of course but he gets angrier and angrier.
But if we are christians we can just bless someone who goes round the roundabout without indicating!

We can ask God. He has not given is a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, power and a sound mind.

Well, we can pray for them to learn better driving skills. Or even teach driving if that is what really gets up our goat. I dont know its quite discorncerting to have someone call someone an idiot or moron when you on the road just wanting to get from a to b. Imagine if we did that while walking and called people morons and idiots for getting in our way. You dont know where everyone else is trying to get to. What journey they on and where God wants them to be. Not everyone is going the same way as you or at the same level. Some are faster than others some are still learning.

Unless someone is deliberately blocking our path and putting stumbling stones there...anyway..just an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
No...I think all the nurses I had were public ones. I do remember though, many of them liked to smoke. Ok so not everyone is Florence Nightengale.

Maybe their standards dropped from Paul's time. But I think he was meaning mothers nursing their young. Even that is not a good example cos some mothers are not really mothers at all these days. I mean the number of mothers to be that have abortions you cant say they cherish their children.

King Solomon was wise thought when two women each claimed the same child to be theirs. He just said cut it in half and give half to each, one was ok with that (obviously not the mother) and the other one said no give the child to the other (she was the true mother).

Which is kind if like what people do when they divorce I think. Anyway carry on.

I think too much.

Except for the ones that killed them in the womb. I do not get how this is cherishing a child.

Think how much it cost God the Father to give up his only son to die for us. Jesus was threatened with murder right from the start when Herod tried to kill all the infants. Mary and Joseph had to flee with Jesus to egypt, wasnt that ironic, a nation that was reknowned for enslaving and killing the hebrews.

you cant assume all women cherish their children..reality is some women curse their children from conception. Some religions dedicate their children to other gods..in the Bible people sacrificed children to Molech. What about the children that get sold into the sex industry by thir own parents in thailand and other countries. Is that cherishing their children. I dont think so!

Athaliah killed her own grandsons...she was the daughter of Jezebel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's funny/ pathetic how we Christians enjoy working hard to show others how much we know, how smart we are. When we should be learning from each other and sharing God's love we want adulation on our intelligence, on our education. And much of the time we are wrong!

What do you think?

Sadly some of us get caught up in the labels and education. The important thing to remember is that we are all here to help one another and love one another as Christ does. I think we should share and help one another to the best of our abilities. It doesn't matter the size of your brain but the size of your heart ;)