• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

What Do You Think?

Loyal
I think it's funny/ pathetic how we Christians enjoy working hard to show others how much we know, how smart we are. When we should be learning from each other and sharing God's love we want adulation on our intelligence, on our education. And much of the time we are wrong!

What do you think?

Staff Member
I would reply in depth brother, but then I might appear to be too smart for my own good ;)

All I really have to say is I Love you brother!
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
I think it's funny/ pathetic how we Christians enjoy working hard to show others how much we know, how smart we are. When we should be learning from each other and sharing God's love we want adulation on our intelligence, on our education. And much of the time we are wrong!

What do you think?
I think we need to be sharing with one another more from our hearts concerning what our Lord is teaching us each day from his Word and how he is applying His truths to our daily lives in all practicality. This is what the Bible says we should be doing, that we should be encouraging one another in the faith so that none of us falls into sin. For me, I've been learning much about waiting on God and trusting in his sovereignty.

Active
Haha God sent me to primary school again to learn Bible...shows you how much I know!
He is much smarter than me.

Loyal
I think its sad how we as a people supposedly of faith, focus so much on knowing scripture more (which in itself is good) and barely scratch the surface when it comes to increasing our spiritual muscles which does not fall within our intellectual pursuit. For although its by faith we are saved, most christians seem to think once that bridge is crossed, all we need is more knowledge to be perfect as Christ our savior is perfect.

Loyal
I think its sad how we as a people supposedly of faith, focus so much on knowing scripture more (which in itself is good) and barely scratch the surface when it comes to increasing our spiritual muscles which does not fall within our intellectual pursuit. For although its by faith we are saved, most christians seem to think once that bridge is crossed, all we need is more knowledge to be perfect as Christ our savior is perfect.
I am curious how we "increase our spiritual muscles". I wouldn't say "all" we need is more knowledge. but it is knowledge that saves us as equally as faith.

1 Tim 2:3; This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1 Tim 2:4; who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Rom 10:1; Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
Rom 10:2; For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
Rom 10:3; For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4; For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Col 1:9; For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
Col 1:10; so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

What is the difference between someone in a "Christian" cult and a "true Christian". Plain and simple it's knowlwdge of the truth.

2 Tim 3:2; For men will be ....
2 Tim 3:5; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.
2 Tim 3:6; For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses,
2 Tim 3:7; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Pet 1:3; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.
2 Pet 1:4; For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.
2 Pet 1:5; Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge,
2 Pet 1:6; and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness,
2 Pet 1:7; and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.
2 Pet 1:8; For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Pet 1:9; For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.

I know a good many "spiritual" people who aren't saved. By the same token in your claim about knowledge, I could say...

"many christians seem to think once that bridge is crossed, all we need is to be more spiritual to be perfect as Christ our savior is perfect."

What do you think?
I think you presented a clear balance. Serving with true agape love will make the
needs and cares of our brothers and sisters a priority. We 'esteem them higher
then ourselves'.

On the other hand, love gives honor and tribute where it is due (Ro 13:7). In every
case though, the love of God is the balance.

Active

What do you think?
If this is a stab at debate and heated discussion I disagree. If at purely boastful discussion, sure of course.

We are to get on our knees and work out our salvation in fear and trembling. Contending for the truth / sharpening our swords can appear heated, full of vanity and what not, especially on the internet where you cannot see emotions or expressions.....but give me that over feel good discussions any-day.

It is carnality 101 to hate correction. Spirituality 101 to love it.

Loyal
May I be so bold as to ask everyone here what God is teaching you personally for your life and witness? The Bible says we are to encourage one another daily so that none of us is hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We are to encourage one another, and build one another up. But to build up is not just a pat on the back or a nicey-nice message to make us feel good, though it is certainly good and needed to hear "Well done," or "Good job" or "Love you," as long as these are said with sincerity of heart. We are to be encouraged by one another's faith. And, we are to encourage one another through the scriptures. But, encouragement and building up of one another also involves speaking the truth in love to one another so that we might all become mature in Christ. So, it also involves urging, inciting, inspiring, cheering, boosting, developing, nurturing and persuading. I need to be encouraged. I am certain you do, too. And, I get encouraged by others' walks of faith and by what they are learning and are applying to their lives.

Active
I like that iron sharpens iron..we all need to sharpen our swords...
Without knowlege (of God) we could perish.
Nobody can boast of anything here on TJ unless we know Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.

To me it is self confessed athiests who come on here that work hard to show what they know but never quite grasp it. They do attempt to read the Bible, which is a start, but often overlook things!

As for the christians, including me...well this is why there are four different versions of the gospel, each of us has a different perspective and experience of knowing Jesus. That doesnt make us wrong, bit we gave differnt facets. Often we are just saying the same thing but in different ways. But at least here we all communicate in English...I think all anyone is communicating is their way of magnifying the Lord.

The Bereans were more noble than those of Thessalonica..and searched scripture daily to see if these things were so. So just be encouraging for anyone whos seeking to search scripture diligently...God says if you seek me with all your heart, you will find me. Many athiests seem to focus on the old testament though, when Jesus has given us the new. For them just remind them its Talk Jesus, not talk about yourself lol.

Theres other areas of this forum to discuss life, jokes, testimonies, prayer etc.

Active
Unless stated different, we all come into TJ as Christians. Open forum at TJ, should be a place where we can share thoughts without argument. One thing I should say without argument, is that Jesus is Lord and Savior of all!

Loyal
If this is a stab at debate and heated discussion I disagree. If at purely boastful discussion, sure of course.

We are to get on our knees and work out our salvation in fear and trembling. Contending for the truth / sharpening our swords can appear heated, full of vanity and what not, especially on the internet where you cannot see emotions or expressions.....but give me that over feel good discussions any-day.

It is carnality 101 to hate correction. Spirituality 101 to love it.
It isn't a stab at a debate...Just a simple observation not directed at or about anyone in particular.

Loyal
I am curious how we "increase our spiritual muscles". I wouldn't say "all" we need is more knowledge. but it is knowledge that saves us as equally as faith.

1 Tim 2:3; This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1 Tim 2:4; who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Rom 10:1; Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
Rom 10:2; For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
Rom 10:3; For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4; For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Col 1:9; For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
Col 1:10; so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

What is the difference between someone in a "Christian" cult and a "true Christian". Plain and simple it's knowlwdge of the truth.

2 Tim 3:2; For men will be ....
2 Tim 3:5; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.
2 Tim 3:6; For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses,
2 Tim 3:7; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Pet 1:3; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.
2 Pet 1:4; For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.
2 Pet 1:5; Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge,
2 Pet 1:6; and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness,
2 Pet 1:7; and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.
2 Pet 1:8; For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Pet 1:9; For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins.

I know a good many "spiritual" people who aren't saved. By the same token in your claim about knowledge, I could say...

"many christians seem to think once that bridge is crossed, all we need is to be more spiritual to be perfect as Christ our savior is perfect."
Use this knowledge of yours to find out, since it is so powerful.

Loyal

What do you think?
I think we should all learn to debate or correct brothers and sisters Nicely be kind and gentle is what the bible teaches !!! If someone can not state a difference in opinion in kind gentle loving way then just shut up !! ;)

PS'
this is a new revelation to me I am trying to adjust to it :)

Active
Check out 1 thessalonians 2: 1-13

Esp verse 7-8

Nurses are gentle arent they? They dont come at you with a knife. That is why to train in ministry, start with children first. If you've never taught a sunday school class...or your own children, then teaching adults the bible could be troublesome. Many parents sadly blame their children for their own failings when they hadnt actually nursed them correctly...granted we are not THE apostles but we build on their foundation and take them as an example on how to behave. As messengers of the gospel to others.

I would say it NOT funny if someone wants adulation for themselves...it's wrong! We cant please men, we need to please God and give Him the glory. Plus He can use the mouths of babes...or even donkeys that never had any education!

Loyal
Check out 1 thessalonians 2: 1-13

Esp verse 7-8

Nurses are gentle arent they? They dont come at you with a knife. That is why to train in ministry, start with children first. If you've never taught a sunday school class...or your own children, then teaching adults the bible could be troublesome. Many parents sadly blame their children for their own failings when they hadnt actually nursed them correctly...granted we are not THE apostles but we build on their foundation and take them as an example on how to behave. As messengers of the gospel to others.

I would say it NOT funny if someone wants adulation for themselves...it's wrong! We cant please men, we need to please God and give Him the glory. Plus He can use the mouths of babes...or even donkeys that never had any education!
Jesus tells us the second greatest commandment is, which I would say every single person fails every day me included. Everyday people fail this here in JT.

The second is this: Mark 12:31 ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

so what is Love ??

1 Corinthians
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

Loyal
May I be so bold as to ask everyone here what God is teaching you personally for your life and witness? The Bible says we are to encourage one another daily so that none of us is hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We are to encourage one another, and build one another up. But to build up is not just a pat on the back or a nicey-nice message to make us feel good, though it is certainly good and needed to hear "Well done," or "Good job" or "Love you," as long as these are said with sincerity of heart. We are to be encouraged by one another's faith. And, we are to encourage one another through the scriptures. But, encouragement and building up of one another also involves speaking the truth in love to one another so that we might all become mature in Christ. So, it also involves urging, inciting, inspiring, cheering, boosting, developing, nurturing and persuading. I need to be encouraged. I am certain you do, too. And, I get encouraged by others' walks of faith and by what they are learning and are applying to their lives.
Here is my testimony (not the whole of it) in song, which the Lord gave me to write a few years ago. The song is simple, home recorded, with computer generated musical instrumentation, sung by a 67 year old woman who loves Jesus with all her heart. The video is homemade, too, using PowerPoint, which I had to learn how to use, and multiple personal photos of myself from childhood to adulthood. The song encourages my heart every time I sing it. I hope it will encourage your heart, too. It is a prayer.

A Believer’s Prayer
An Original Work / July 31, 2012

With my whole heart, Lord, I pray
To be Yours, and Yours always.
Lead me in Your truth today.
May I love You, and obey.
Lead me in Your righteousness.
When I sin, may I confess;
Bow before You when I pray;
Live for You and You always.

Love You, Jesus, You’re my friend.
Life with You will never end.
You are with me through each day,
Giving love and peace always.
You will ne’er abandon me.
From my sin You set me free.
You died on that cruel tree,
So I’d live eternally.

Soon You’re coming back for me;
From this world to set me free;
Live with You eternally.
Oh, what joy that brings to me.
I will walk with You in white;
A pure bride, I’ve been made right
By the blood of Jesus Christ;
Pardoned by His sacrifice.

Loyal
Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Gal. 5:13-14 NASB: “For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

The one word is (agape) love, which is in the statement, “You shall love…” with divine love, which means to prefer what God prefers, and which centers in moral preference (Strong's Greek: 26. ἀγάπη (agapé) -- love, goodwill). If we truly love with God’s love, like he loves us, and gave himself up for us, we will not only not do what is displeasing to our Lord, but we will not do what is harmful to other humans.