• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What church do you go to?

TRUE TO GOD'S WORD BUT I have to ask

will you be comfortable with people speaking in tongues around you and over you?

Will you be comfortable when YOU ARE SICK people coming to you and insisting (maybe you are not filled with the Spirit).

These are the concerns I have experienced over the years in my life.

Yes I have spoken in tongues. BUT would rather witness or prophetic in real words, that fall on listening ears.

And I might add I have hid myself from some WHEN I HAVE BEEN SICK because I knew what they would preach to me.

I always though it was funny, one man came to me about healing and tongues. And chastised me in Maxwell St. At the same time he was getting a divorce from his wife. Go figure.

So I am no authority, let Jesus our Lord of ALL the churches, lead you and I will pray for you dear one and encourage you and I am pleased with you search. Would to God that ALL MEN would search. May he grant you his peace and joy as you search. It is like searching for great treasure, and in the end GREAT GAIN.

Love
Barbara

Is you name Dani Dani? I don't know.

I came back just now, to read the doctrine again. Humm. No mention of the return of Jesus Christ. Unless I missed it. Maybe they forgot?

James 5:8 (The Message)

7-8Meanwhile, friends, wait patiently for the Master's Arrival. You see farmers do this all the time, waiting for their valuable crops to mature, patiently letting the rain do its slow but sure work. Be patient like that. Stay steady and strong. The Master could arrive at any time.

Till next time
Barbara

Sorry Dani I am wrong about Jesus coming

I have an excuse. I will use it. I only have one eye. And my good eye gets tired and it is 10:30 here in Chicago.

The last line of the doctrine says looking for the soon return of Jesus Christ. So it was my mistake.

Do you know Tracy Watson?

Got a lot of footage of Sidney, Ps. Leftwich always goes to see Ps. Leftwich in Sidney. Vessels of His Love Ministries out of Wheaton, Il.
I always thought that was neat Sidney had a Ps. Leftwich and so does Wheaton, have a Ps. Leftwich and they get together once a year or so to minister.

See they let me animate a Koala bear hanging on to the world spinning in space. With their Vessels of His love title screen. And we went live one night. And to my horror, (nothing I could do about it) the world and the Koala were GREEN. Out of sync signal. People in the control room looking at me strange. I was embarrased for them.

Well Sorry
Barbara

I attend Baruch HaShem Messianic Synagogue in Dallas, Texas. Great place to be anytime of day. Spirit-filled worship is the greatest thing about Baruch HaShem, aside from the Rabbi's message. My friends always say, "If your not Jewish, why go. Oh, you want to convert." Of course I always tell them that I just prefer the Jewish expression of the faith.

Burned with many others

I don't go to any either at this time. I

I never went to CHADS church. I wished while I was on Long Island I went to check CHADS church out!. :shock:

Sometimes in order to grow we need to look at our weaknesses!
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Last edited:
I go to K.T (short for Kensington Temple). It's in Notting Hill. It has many services and a youth ministry which I love attending. My sister described it as 'totally awesome'.
What churches do you go to, and how are they?
Ruth

We go to the church where He is there........Jesus. All who have met Him.......are aware if He is present.....and we go there.

But I have not had to change churches for 50 tears.......boreing? Indeed not....the most exciting place for miles around......

This Sunday a.m. we prayed for a married lady, husband present at the time, and with 3 small sons.......she was recently diagnosed with throat cancer.

We prayed............ "The prayer of faith shall save the sick....and the Lord will raise them up"..........Thats Jesus

I go to K.T (short for Kensington Temple). It's in Notting Hill. It has many services and a youth ministry which I love attending. My sister described it as 'totally awesome'.
What churches do you go to, and how are they?
Ruth
I go to Parklands Baptist Church in Westlands Nairobi Kenya. Our mission is to arise and shine for the light of the Lord has come upon us. We aim to reach the ends of the earth with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, making disciples of every nation. I am soo grateful to GOD for putting me in this church at this particular time in history..there is such a great revival and am grateful to be part of the team that GOD is using for HIS glory.

verselady your question was...will you be comfortable with people speaking in tongues around you and over you?

Will you be comfortable when YOU ARE SICK people coming to you and insisting (maybe you are not filled with the Spirit).

I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANY GIFTS THE LORD GIVES ANYONE. WHEN IT COMES TO ME BEING SICK..I HAVE TOLD MY HUSBAND THAT ONLY 2 PEOPLE I KNOW IS ALLOWED TO LAY HANDS ON ME..I KNOW THEIR WALK AND I KNOW THEY ARE TRUE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST. I ALSO BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT OF CHRIST CAN SPEAK THINGS INTO YOUR LIFE WITH THE LAYING OF HANDS OR PRAYING OVER YOU..SO I AM VERY FUNNY ABOUT WHO EVEN PRAYS OVER ME OR WHO PRAYS IN MY HOME..CALL ME PICKY BUT THE GOD I SERVE KNOWS MY HEART AND ALSO KNOWS WHO TO SEND TO ME WHEN I NEED IT. GREAT POST VERSE LADY..

Hi everyone. I go to a church called "The City Church" here in Aarhus, Denmark. It is a pentecostal church. I just LOVE to praise God with great music and lyrics. I love that the preist/pastor believes what he preaches. I love the fellowship we have, the love, the caring. I just love this church.

What is non-denominational? I see that a lot of you have said that.

I was bought up seventh day adventist,but have gone to other churches too for example methodist,pentecostal,harvest church,new frontiers, even mormon s,because I believe in keeping the sabbath I still go to SDA from time to time,but I also believe in the practice of baptism of fire in the holy spirit,I dont go to church every week but I do love Jesus so very very very much.I dont feel its about denominational labels or church label,but the most important and only important is your relationship with Jesus,jesus said i am the way the truth and the life,its only throught Jesus NOT church that we are saved by his blood sheeding on the death on the cross.

Hi,

What I mean is that the churches here in the UK are not very healthy.

There is alot of false doctrine. If you really want to follow Jesus and to have pure doctrine you have a hard time. I don't even mean 100% correct I'm talking 50%.

I go to Green Valley Baptist Church

I go to Green Valley Baptist Church in Henderson, NV (next to Las Vegas). We selected this church because they had an Awana's program which is a great program for the kids.

When we moved from MI to NV, we looked for church's with an Awana's program and then narrowed down our new family church after attending each of the several times and talking as a family.

Quite happy with the church and the family has been growing closer to God through the many programs they offer. Our family devotional time has improved and I just felt God lead us to the perfect church for our family.

I attend Evey Nations' Victory Christian Fellowship here in the Philippines.
They have the coolest Pstr. I ever encountered.
They have great worship team too.

I love VCF! Praise God!

I attend Evey Nations' Victory Christian Fellowship here in the Philippines.
They have the coolest Pstr. I ever encountered.
They have great worship team too.

I love VCF! Praise God!

I go toEagle Mountain International Church in Newark Tx I go every single Sunday and Wednesday. Its only 1500 and some miles from where I live, so I travel a lot. All the way to my computer. and attend online.