• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What Are You Reading?

Loyal
Romans 1:16 to Romans 6:10

A section of scripture everyone should know, the lost and the truly born again.

Shalom

Loyal
"Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus. Volume 1"
By Michael L. Brown

Greetings Jerry

I have these 4 books, I have partly read the first one, general and historic, but never finished it and not managed to get back to them, there has always been something else I have been led to study.

I welcome your comments brother, you may have moistened my appetite again ;)

Shalom

Active
Greetings,

what is it about?

Bless you ....><>
It's about a mother and daughter who go to Seville for a couple of weeks to source items to sell in their new shop. The mother has been there before an so there is also a back story, and at home the dad/husband has been made redundant and has kept it a secret. It also involves a scheming mother in law. Rosanna Ley is one of my favourites.

Active
Greetings Jerry

I have these 4 books, I have partly read the first one, general and historic, but never finished it and not managed to get back to them, there has always been something else I have been led to study.

I welcome your comments brother, you may have moistened my appetite again ;)

Shalom
Volume 1 is lots of history, tradition, rabbinical writings, Targum, etc. Every reason the Jews reject Jesus. It's not the page turner I hoped it to be, but it is helpful. I, too, have all 4 volumes.

Have you ever heard the debate Dr. Brown had with Tovia Singer (only on audio) on Sid Roth's radio show? Dr. Brown was brilliant, and Tovia won't go there ever again. Tovia is busy with his anti-missionary efforts, and I pray he sees the light one day before its too late.

Here's the link.

The fella is Nicky Cruz who is now a preacher there is also a 1969 film staring Eric Estrada as Nicky and pat boone as preacher David Wilkinson

Loyal
Hello there,

I have just read a book that was given to me by my daughter, entitled, 'Eye Can Write' by Jonathan Bryan, who lives in Wiltshire in the UK. Born with severe cerebral palsy, he is incapable of voluntary movement or speech. He was locked inside his own mind, aware of the outside world but unable to fully communicate with it, until he found a way by using his eyes to laboriously choose individual letters. and through this make his thoughts known. His father is a minister in the Church, and he himself has a strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

In this book we read of 12 year old Jonathan's intense passion for life, his mischievous sense of fun, his hopes, his fears and what it's like to be him. This is a powerful memoir from an incredible young author whose writing ability defies age or physical disability - a truly inspirational figure. 'Eye Can Write' is not only a stunning human achievement but a beautiful piece of writing that will inspire you to find the joy in every moment.

He is the founder of the charity, 'Teach Us Too', which campaigns for all children to be taught to read and write regardless of their label. 'Eye Can Write' is his first book.

It truly is an eye opener.

:love:

Loyal
I'm reading the Pilgrim's progress.
I hope you finish it.

1. The Pilgrim’s Progress is one of the most famous books ever published.
For more than two centuries after its publication, The Pilgrim’s Progress ranked just behind the King James Bible as the most common and important book in evangelical Protestant households. It has been translated into more than two hundred languages, including eighty in Africa alone.

When I 1st read it in 1977, after I read the whole Bible for the 1st time. it Was like reading the whole Bible over again. And It fueled me to read The Bible again right after i read it. And Those two Books has followed me and given me courage all of these years. I read it in somewhat "Old English" version and then a early 20th century english version. 1909.

I cannot remember how many times i have read it. I think i am going to read it again today, it takes about 6 to 7 hours of reading, if i start now i should be finish no later than 1:00 am Eastern standard time. Going to do the 1909 copyright. I like the flavor of writing of it.

Loyal
I'm reading the Pilgrim's progress.

I've read it a couple of times. A good book, the only criticism I would have is that it emphasizes the Christian walk is something you do alone. But the emphasizes unity in the body.
The Bible says we do not walk that walk alone, we are responsible for each other.

Active
I'm becoming a reader. I never had a thing for reading, until after my conversion. I am reading "God has a wonderful plan for your life - the myth of the modern message" by Ray Comfort. It's a very good and easy read. I would highly recommend!

May you count your trials all joy!

I’m currently alternating my extra-biblical reading between two books.

The Sage from Galilee: Rediscovering Jesus’ Genius by David Flusser

An Humble Inquiry into the Scripture-Account of Jesus Christ: A Short Argument concerning His Deity and Glory according to the Gospel, Updated Edition by Thomas Emlyn

Active
Done with that one now on to Pilgrim's Progress based on the recommendations of others.
I've read it a couple of times. A good book, the only criticism I would have is that it emphasizes the Christian walk is something you do alone. But the emphasizes unity in the body.
The Bible says we do not walk that walk alone, we are responsible for each other.
I am now in receipt of this book and have begun reading it. Thanks for the recommendations @B-A-C @PloughBoy @Tori

Loyal
Done with that one now on to Pilgrim's Progress based on the recommendations of others.

I am now in receipt of this book and have begun reading it. Thanks for the recommendations @B-A-C @PloughBoy @Tori
Make sure you take this one with you. and it will bless you as well so much it is :pensive:
The Obedience of a Christian Man
Book by William Tyndale