• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Was Peter a member of the Body of Christ.

Was Peter included in the Gospel of Grace.

Was Peter included in the Gospel of Grace.

In order received...

I believe you are still under the impression that there are two different gospels (my assumption still). Especially since you have not refuted nor even responded to anyone on your other threads. There are not two different gospels and I would refer to the many people who responded to you on the other threads you created on that matter with their respective evidences, including mine.

The second question...

I would say yes, he was.

I call your attention to 2 Peter 1. Peter is addressing Christians who, I am sure, no one would argue are in Christs body. Peter lumps himself in with them.

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Furthermore, Paul describes more about the body of Christ and members in 1 Corinthians 12 and Ephesians 4.

Being as that there were only a handful of apostles (including Peter), I think it is safe to say that when Paul states such things in the scriptures above, that Peter is part of the body. He is a "member" of that body, doing a job he was chosen to do by our Lord.

Yes Peter was a member of the Body of Christ but Paul was sent to be the minister to the Gentile.

Peter was unable to understand Paul's ministry which separated them from the Jewish believers in Christ.

There is only one Gospel and that is the Gospel of Grace.

The point is Peter, although he is in the Body of Christ, He is unable to accept the Gospel of Grace taught by Paul.

He is unable to accept the Gospel of Grace taught by Paul.

Scripture please.

Peter was unable to understand Paul's ministry which separated them from the Jewish believers in Christ.

I disagree. Peters epistles flow perfectly with Paul's, and they both flow perfectly with the four gospels. That said, it seems they both agree with each other.

Paul was sent to be the minister to the Gentile.

You are half right. Paul also taught kings and gentiles also. The Lord himself stated this in Acts 9:15

for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel

Scripture please.
I disagree. Peters epistles flow perfectly with Paul's, and they both flow perfectly with the four gospels. That said, it seems they both agree with each other.
You are half right. Paul also taught kings and gentiles also. The Lord himself stated this in Acts 9:15

for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel

I appreciate you commentary and yes I agree with Acts 9:15

The point is Peter, although he is in the Body of Christ, He is unable to accept the Gospel of Grace taught by Paul.

Is Peter addressing gentiles in this passage?

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Did these Jews ever turn from the Law:

Acts 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

Is it acceptable to be save by grace if you are still following the Law?

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ;

I wholly disagree with this statement. Not only do I find it false, but it is completely contradictory.

-If you are in the body, you have accepted the gospel (Matthew 16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2; Acts 10 etc)

-If you do not accept the gospel, you cannot possibly be in the body (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

The problem with just picking these two verses (one being incompletely placed), is that you miss ALL the scripture in between that refutes your position. Peter, even though he was an apostle, was still a man capable of sin. So even though Paul had to rebuke him once doesnt mean Peter denied the gospel. Peter totally agreed with it.....
Acts 3
13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Acts 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

Same with this verse. You fail to notice the whole situation going on here. I suggest reading the next couple chapters to find the conclusion.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ;

Peter was scolded by Paul once, yes. However, that doesnt mean Peter denied the gospel. Peter helped preach the gospel and many of Acts verses and Peters epistles should prove that.

The writer of Hebrews was telling Jews not to return to Judaism.

Also, if you notice, you have to talk to certain groups of people differently. Look at the four gospels. They are directed at certain groups of people so that it grabs their attention and speaks to their understanding. Peter mainly talked with Jews, so he would have to speak in a way they would comprehend. Paul spoke mainly to gentiles, so he would have to speak in a way they would understand. Hence the different use of context provided.

I wholly disagree with this statement. Not only do I find it false, but it is completely contradictory.

-If you are in the body, you have accepted the gospel (Matthew 16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2; Acts 10 etc)

-If you do not accept the gospel, you cannot possibly be in the body (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)

The problem with just picking these two verses (one being incompletely placed), is that you miss ALL the scripture in between that refutes your position. Peter, even though he was an apostle, was still a man capable of sin. So even though Paul had to rebuke him once doesnt mean Peter denied the gospel. Peter totally agreed with it.....
Acts 3
13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Same with this verse. You fail to notice the whole situation going on here. I suggest reading the next couple chapters to find the conclusion.

Peter was scolded by Paul once, yes. However, that doesnt mean Peter denied the gospel. Peter helped preach the gospel and many of Acts verses and Peters epistles should prove that.

The writer of Hebrews was telling Jews not to return to Judaism.

Also, if you notice, you have to talk to certain groups of people differently. Look at the four gospels. They are directed at certain groups of people so that it grabs their attention and speaks to their understanding. Peter mainly talked with Jews, so he would have to speak in a way they would comprehend. Paul spoke mainly to gentiles, so he would have to speak in a way they would understand. Hence the different use of context provided.

Sorry my friend But it is your choice to follow Law Abiding Jews from Acts 2.

I will agree to disagree. I prefer the Gospel of Grace. It is offered to Jews and Gentiles

In Acts 20 Paul is also frustrated with the stubborn bunch of Jews and decides to go the other way.

in
Acts 20:
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Sorry my friend But it is your choice to follow Law Abiding Jews from Acts 2.

I dont know how it was confused, but I do not adhere to the law. The bible states that Christs death removed/"blotted" the law out. So there is no confusion, I do not follow the Mosaic law.

It is offered to Jews and Gentiles

I agree. This is what makes a Christian, so there is neither Jew nor Greek.... Galatians 3:28-29. Another point I was intending to make indirectly.

I dont know how it was confused, but I do not adhere to the law. The bible states that Christs death removed/"blotted" the law out. So there is no confusion, I do not follow the Mosaic law.

I agree. This is what makes a Christian, so there is neither Jew nor Greek.... Galatians 3:28-29. Another point I was intending to make indirectly.

I agree, but we have to separate from the Law and adhere to the Gospel of Grace.

I agree, but we have to separate from the Law and adhere to the Gospel of Grace.

Normally people just say "the gospel". Can you please expound on what you mean and intend when you say "gospel of grace". I know you addressed it already, but I cant help but still feel that you mean separate gospels.

Please elaborate.

Loyal
There is one gospel and it is the gospel of Jesus Christ: the Son of God born in the flesh, died, resurrected and returning in glory. Anything else is at best a distraction and at worst a danger.

Normally people just say "the gospel". Can you please expound on what you mean and intend when you say "gospel of grace". I know you addressed it already, but I cant help but still feel that you mean separate gospels.

Please elaborate.

It's extensive I may have to use several post to paint a good picture. My words mean nothing, The Word of God means everything.

30 years + and I have much more to learn. an oceans of God's Word. you are welcome to ask questions or comment via personal mail.

I have randomly picked from my saved writings. Hope to get your questions and comment thru mail. there are amazing, wondrous things I would like to share.

Ephesians 2:8 King James Version
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Romans 15:8 King James Version

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Galatians 1:11-12 King James Version (KJV)

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Ephesian 2:
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Romans 15:16 King James Version

16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles

Romans 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 King James Version (KJV)

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

God began with Adam and Eve

God then left man for then 2000 years; lets see what they do.
After Noah, God calls Abram out of idolatry " leave your Father and come to a land that I will give you.
The comes the covenant and the promise for the descendants, as numerous as the stars in the sky. now called Abraham.
The Israelites who worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob continue to create problems and be reestablished many times. They are the only chosen people of God in the Old Testament, But God's Word will not return to Him Void. In other words, He Keeps His Promises for His Names sake and the Kingdom will come at the 2nd coming; and Christ the King will rule the whole earth for everlasting to everlasting.

Where do the Christians.
------
1000 year reign

In the 2nd coming, The Lord will be established as King of His Kingdom. The 12 apostles will judge the 12 tribes as Jesus told them Matthew 19:28

people will be call from all over the earth to come and worship the King Zechariah 14:16

Isaiah 2 King James Version (KJV)
1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 3:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

It's extensive I may have to use several post to paint a good picture. My words mean nothing, The Word of God means everything.

30 years + and I have much more to learn. an oceans of God's Word. you are welcome to ask questions or comment via personal mail.

I have randomly picked from my saved writings. Hope to get your questions and comment thru mail. there are amazing, wondrous things I would like to share.

Romans 15:8 King James Version

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Galatians 1:11-12 King James Version (KJV)

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Ephesian 2:
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Romans 15:16 King James Version

16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles

Romans 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 King James Version (KJV)

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

God then left man for then 2000 years; lets see what they do.
After Noah, God calls Abram out of idolatry " leave your Father and come to a land that I will give you.
The comes the covenant and the promise for the descendants, as numerous as the stars in the sky. now called Abraham.
The Israelites who worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob continue to create problems and be reestablished many times. They are the only chosen people of God in the Old Testament, But God's Word will not return to Him Void. In other words, He Keeps His Promises for His Names sake and the Kingdom will come at the 2nd coming; and Christ the King will rule the whole earth for everlasting to everlasting.

Where do the Christians.
------
1000 year reign

In the 2nd coming, The Lord will be established as King of His Kingdom. The 12 apostles will judge the 12 tribes as Jesus told them Matthew 19:28

people will be call from all over the earth to come and worship the King Zechariah 14:16

Isaiah 2 King James Version (KJV)
1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 3:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

I appreciate you pulling this information, yet I still have no idea why you keep saying "gospel of grace" instead of just "gospel". They way you keep bringing it up is like there is a "gospel" AND "gospel of grace" (two different ones).

Is there a way you can elaborate your meaning?

I appreciate you pulling this information, yet I still have no idea why you keep saying "gospel of grace" instead of just "gospel". They way you keep bringing it up is like there is a "gospel" AND "gospel of grace" (two different ones).

There is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the Gospel of Grace of God.

Acts 20:24-25 King James Version
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

This is before the Death Burial and Resurrection of Jesus
Matthew 8:11
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
-------
After the His shedding His Blood, The Sacrifice, the Curtain spits in the temple signifying that All the world is now able to approach God through Jesus Christ perfect sacrifice

Matthew 27:51 King James Version (KJV)
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

This is before the Death Burial and Resurrection of Jesus
Matthew 8:11
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
-------
After the His shedding His Blood, The Sacrifice, the Curtain spits in the temple signifying that All the world is now able to approach God through Jesus Christ perfect sacrifice

Matthew 27:51 King James Version (KJV)
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

The Apostles were destined to sit on 12 seats judging the 12 Tribes of Israel when The Lord Sits on the throne of David.

Matthew 19:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
---

They have to continue the Jewish tradition as believers in Christ. The Law and Grace don't mix. this has always been in God's will

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God,
to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

There is the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the Gospel of Grace of God.

So you do believe in two gospels? I was under the impression you didnt, yet it was still coming out as such.

Is there any other verses you can provide that proves two different gospels? I am just failing to see how Acts 20:24 proves such.

It is true that Paul's mission was focused primarily on the Gentiles and Peter's mission was focused primarily on the Jews; however, both taught both Gentiles and Jews. Peter was the first to preach to the Gentiles (Acts 10). When Paul entered a new city, he generally first approached the Jews (Acts 17:1-4) and then went to the Gentiles.

I just do not see two different gospels (see also Galatians 1:6-10 this indicates there is only one)

More information:

They have to continue the Jewish tradition as believers in Christ.

Jewish tradition is wrong to go by since Christs death burial and resurrection. To follow the law, is a slap in Christs face. By default, Jewish religion does not believe Jesus was the Christ. So how in the world are they in a saved state? They are not. See the book of Hebrews.

The Law and Grace don't mix. this has always been in God's will
I agree here. The law was blotted out by Christs sacrifice. Anyone who wishes to obey the gospel will be in Christs kingdom thereby becoming a Christian under the new covenant.

So you do believe in two gospels? I was under the impression you didnt, yet it was still coming out as such.

Is there any other verses you can provide that proves two different gospels? I am just failing to see how Acts 20:24 proves such.

It is true that Paul's mission was focused primarily on the Gentiles and Peter's mission was focused primarily on the Jews; however, both taught both Gentiles and Jews. Peter was the first to preach to the Gentiles (Acts 10). When Paul entered a new city, he generally first approached the Jews (Acts 17:1-4) and then went to the Gentiles.

I just do not see two different gospels (see also Galatians 1:6-10 this indicates there is only one)

More information:

No I used the wrong word

my words mean nothing The Word of God means everything.

don't look at my words look at the passages

1 Gospel = the Gospel of Grace