• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Under Law? Under Grace? or both?

Active
UNDER LAW? UNDER GRACE? OR BOTH?

You might have raised eyebrows now, or about ready to comment something negative, but wait a minute, to answer this question, which has been a popular theme in Judeo-Christianity, let’s first take a look at the meanings of these words.

“GRACE” something that is not merited, or deserved. Something we get when we shouldn’t get it. “By GRACE we are saved, not of ourselves, nor by our works, so that no man can boast (saying that he or she did this and that in order to receive God’s acceptance). The Hebrew word for “grace” is “Chen” (pronounced with a guttural “h”) if we look at the word using the ancient Paleo-Hebrew, we can see the symbolism of “The fence of life” Life is within the fence. A fence is to keep in precious and valuable things and keep unwanted things out. Yeshua has us within his “fence of love and salvation” just because He loves us.

“LAW” has been misinterpreted for so long. The word “law” comes from the Latin word “Legis” which means “something legal or legalistic.” However, the Hebrew word that is used is “Torah” which means “instruction.’ If we are to interpret the meaning of “Torah” in Paleo-Hebrew we would see; “The first Covenant of the nail revealed.” If this word had been translated correctly into Latin, it would have been; “instructio” or “educatio” and not “legis”

The Apostol Paul many times refers to “not being under the LAW.” He is stating that we are NOT under LEGALISM, or obedience to the commandments of God IN ORDER TO OBTAIN SALVATION!. Salvation (Yeshuah) comes by GRACE, Through “Yeshua” (play on words?) by our faith and faith in the one-time atonement/sacrifice on Calvary’s Cross. However, as members of God’s family, we now should “walk in and follow the “Instructions of God” (The Torah) which consists of His commandments, not for salvation purpose but because we ARE SAVED. The commandments, which are 613, are for our education, welfare, and spiritual maturity. Of course, not all of the 613 are for today, there are many which are not for today because there is no more temple, the Levitical priesthood is no more, we are not in Israel, etc., yet there are many that ARE for today. Which ones? That requires Bible study and that is on ALL OF US, to search the scriptures. The 10 commandants are the basic ones, the others fall under those 10 categories.

Yes, we are also under grace. Adam and Eve were under grace. Grace was in the Garden of Eden (wait, I thought her name was Eve?) LOL. Had not God given Adam and Eve grace, they would have been killed right then and there. Noah would have perished in the flood, had it not been for God’s grace, and we would all be flowers, trees, grass, or fish today.

So, what is the answer? Are we under Law? Or Grace? Or both? WE can say both YES and NO. Yes, we are under grace, NO we are NOT under legalism, and YES, we are guided by God’s instructions in His Word. At least we should be, but that is the decision that every believer has to make for himself or herself. Following HIS WORD is what our lives are all about. Living for HIM now and reap benefits in the World to Come.

Baruch Ha Shem! (Praise the LORD)

Rabbi Ben Avraham (Jimmie)

As a small gift, I am inviting all to read my eBook "God Tales" I'd like to attach it here but I don't know how, so I am directing you to this site where you can read it at leisure: My book of short stories

Loyal
The Old Testament was under the Law. New Testament -- the cross -- under grace.

You mentioned Adam and Eve -- they disobeyed God's Word -- He provided a skin from 'blood sacrifice' -- That was God's Grace -- because they Did eventually die -- not right away. But they Did die -- Adam died at 930 or 60 yrs. of age. They did Not live forever.

The Law is not the same as legalism. The Law was our 'school master' to show us that it was / is impossible to keep all the law all the time. Our need For a / the Savior.

Without God's Grace -- we'd all be ending up in hell / lake of fire and brimstone.

Because God created all of us / mankind/ special -- Adam and Eve -- people. Sounds like you're getting a bit of evolution into the picture. Flowers, trees, grass, fish were all created separately. The fish were created on the 5th day along with other things. Those other things that you mentioned were created on the 3rd day.

Noah and his family were given directions for building the ark because they were the only righteous people in the world. The rest of the people in the world had become exceedingly wicked.

Staff Member
Greetings Sue,

I think you'll find the reference to "Flowers, trees, grass, fish" was rather suggesting that since everything else perished including animals of the land, as there would have no Ark to keep them going, then all people would end up as food and fertilizer for the "Flowers, trees, grass, fish". Perhaps not worded al that well, but you would have to ask Jimmie @Jimmie .

Can it be that the Law was God's grace? Not the fullness as we see in His Son, but due to the grace of God, the Law was given as a 'school master'? or perhaps better put, that the Law was the route to God's grace, as you touched upon,

The Law was our 'school master' to show us that it was / is impossible to keep all the law all the time. Our need For a / the Savior.

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Dear @Jimmie
Thank-you for sharing about your book of short stories, poems and your own memories.
In time I look forward to reading it! :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
TETELESTAI! With the sole exception of Jesus, no one keeps the law; no one ever kept the law; and, no one will ever keep the law. Our faith, trust, and rest in the perfection of Jesus is what covers us from the condemnation that comes from sin. Maimonides interpreted Deuteronomy 31:19 to mean all are required to write a Torah scroll once in their life. However, that is not what Deut. 31:19 says at all.

Ephesians 2:8-9. "For (A)by grace you have been saved (B)through faith. And this is (C)not your own doing; (D)it is the gift of God, (E)not a result of works, (F)so that no one may boast."

Loyal
UNDER LAW? UNDER GRACE? OR BOTH?

You might have raised eyebrows now, or about ready to comment something negative, but wait a minute, to answer this question, which has been a popular theme in Judeo-Christianity, let’s first take a look at the meanings of these words.

@Jimmie,

Nothing negative from me my friend, your message is a breath of fresh air.

My answer to your question has remained both, but I was unable to explain it in the way you have. I don't like to quote on something unless I feel I have studied sufficiently to be able to do so.

But a study of this nature needs a combined mind of Christ and Paul along with the constant flow of the spirit of discernment. Bless you.

“GRACE” something that is not merited, or deserved. Something we get when we shouldn’t get it. “By GRACE we are saved, not of ourselves, nor by our works, so that no man can boast (saying that he or she did this and that in order to receive God’s acceptance). The Hebrew word for “grace” is “Chen” (pronounced with a guttural “h”) if we look at the word using the ancient Paleo-Hebrew, we can see the symbolism of “The fence of life” Life is within the fence. A fence is to keep in precious and valuable things and keep unwanted things out. Yeshua has us within his “fence of love and salvation” just because He loves us.

Yeshua referred to that fence as the fold, and those in the fold being the saved souls, the born again from above souls.

“LAW” has been misinterpreted for so long. The word “law” comes from the Latin word “Legis” which means “something legal or legalistic.” However, the Hebrew word that is used is “Torah” which means “instruction.’ If we are to interpret the meaning of “Torah” in Paleo-Hebrew we would see; “The first Covenant of the nail revealed.” If this word had been translated correctly into Latin, it would have been; “instructio” or “educatio” and not “legis”

Thank you for confirming these details, to me they are very important in my understanding of the law in The Word. I knew in my heart that what Paul was referring to was not all the law. You are a Hebrew then Greek man, I am more Greek then Hebrew person though slowly, God's speed.

The Apostol Paul many times refers to “not being under the LAW.” He is stating that we are NOT under LEGALISM, or obedience to the commandments of God IN ORDER TO OBTAIN SALVATION!. Salvation (Yeshuah) comes by GRACE, Through “Yeshua” (play on words?) by our faith and faith in the one-time atonement/sacrifice on Calvary’s Cross. However, as members of God’s family, we now should “walk in and follow the “Instructions of God” (The Torah) which consists of His commandments, not for salvation purpose but because we ARE SAVED. The commandments, which are 613, are for our education, welfare, and spiritual maturity. Of course, not all of the 613 are for today, there are many which are not for today because there is no more temple, the Levitical priesthood is no more, we are not in Israel, etc., yet there are many that ARE for today. Which ones? That requires Bible study and that is on ALL OF US, to search the scriptures. The 10 commandants are the basic ones, the others fall under those 10 categories.

Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it. God's commandments, starting with the ten commandments, were and still are, set in stone.

Yes, we are also under grace. Adam and Eve were under grace. Grace was in the Garden of Eden (wait, I thought her name was Eve?) LOL. Had not God given Adam and Eve grace, they would have been killed right then and there. Noah would have perished in the flood, had it not been for God’s grace, and we would all be flowers, trees, grass, or fish today.

Amen!

So, what is the answer? Are we under Law? Or Grace? Or both? WE can say both YES and NO. Yes, we are under grace, NO we are NOT under legalism, and YES, we are guided by God’s instructions in His Word. At least we should be, but that is the decision that every believer has to make for himself or herself. Following HIS WORD is what our lives are all about. Living for HIM now and reap benefits in the World to Come.

Baruch Ha Shem! (Praise the LORD)

Rabbi Ben Avraham (Jimmie)

As a small gift, I am inviting all to read my eBook "God Tales" I'd like to attach it here but I don't know how, so I am directing you to this site where you can read it at leisure: My book of short stories

My answer to your question remains both Jimmie. Bless you

Thank you for the invitation to read your eBook, I will look into that later this week.

Shalom

Loyal
You mentioned Adam and Eve -- they disobeyed God's Word -- He provided a skin from 'blood sacrifice' -- That was God's Grace -- because they Did eventually die -- not right away. But they Did die -- Adam died at 930 or 60 yrs. of age. They did Not live forever.

Greeting Sue

If I remember correctly, Adam and Eve covered themselves with leaves. Sacrice of animals was not until Noah in...

Genesis 8:20 (KJV)
And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

Loyal
@Brother-Paul -- yes, Adam and Eve Did cover themselves up with fig leaves , but look at Genesis 3: 21 "Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them" -- the tunic of skins had to come from an animal that was killed.

Loyal
The Law is not the same as legalism. The Law was our 'school master' to show us that it was / is impossible to keep all the law all the time. Our need For a / the Savior.

I believe there is more to the Law than we realise.

The main Hebrew word for law is תּוֹרָה (tôrâ; e.g., Joshua 22:5). Its common meaning in the OT is the Mosaic legislation as a whole, given by God to be obeyed by Israel, though at times tôrâ refers to individual commands or teachings. It includes what today are often called ceremonial, civil, and moral laws.

The number of types of law are many, not just the 3 just stated, there were laws for washing, laws for eating, ritual washing etc. each must be understood in the right context as with all Thw Word, OT and NT. There were legal laws, commands and instructs.

The laws that are clearly no more are the Temple laws and sacrifices.

But the 10 Commandment were written in stone, we must never forget that.

The law’s place in Christianity is more complex.

Even in the Gospels, Jesus did not come merely to “keep” the law but to “fulfill” it (Matt 5:17), though this adamantly does not mean “dispense with” (Matt 5:18–19). Especially in relation to the Sabbath, Jesus blatantly disregards many of the standards of his fellow Jews, focusing instead on the essential intent of the law (Mark 3:1–6)—the weightier matters of justice and mercy (Matt 23:23), with love of God and neighbor as the central commandments (ἐντολή, entolē; Mark 12:28–34).

The debate about the law in early Christianity is most acute in Paul’s writings.
This much is clear: The law (νόμος, nomos) is, per se, “holy, righteous, and good” (Rom 7:12) and retains some measure of revelatory and moral authority for Christians, but it is also weakened by flesh and thereby entangled with sin and death.

Christ’s coming opens a new way of righteousness that is available to all, Jew and Gentile alike. Romans 10:4 serves as a case in point.

Christ is the “end” (τέλος, telos) of the law for righteousness to all who believe, and telos can have the meaning of “goal,” “fulfillment,” or “termination.”

The Christian’s relationship with the law has changed and is refocused on Christ (Rom 10:5–8) without the law wholly being scuttled. This leaves several points up for dispute, such as whether “works of the law (nomos)” are failed efforts to earn salvation or practices that divide Jews from other nations (Sabbath, kosher laws, circumcision), and whether Second-Temple Judaism can be called “legalistic” (and, if so, in what sense). The main two camps are traditional Protestants (e.g., Stephen Westerholm, Simon Gathercole) and the New Perspective on Paul (e.g., E. P. Sanders, James Dunn), but within these camps there is significant diversity. Similar questions about the law’s role can be seen elsewhere in the NT, as in Jas 2:14–26, but the words of Paul and Jesus provide the most fuel for the debate.

Jesus did not come to dispense with the LAW,

Matt 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
I have not come to terminate the law!

I think there is more to this topic, probably why I have only skimmed over it in the past and not drilled down.

Hopefully we can discuss this on the forum together and share reasons from all angles.

The above is hopefully enough to start the ball of conversation and discussion rolling

In His Love.

Loyal
And Genesis 8:20 Also took place.

The point Sue, is not that it took place, we know that. The point is that animals were not killed for eating or sacrifice for a long period. Gen 8:20

They wouldn't have covered themselves with skins, they covered themselves with leaves.

You said 'Adam and Eve -- they disobeyed God's Word -- He provided a skin from 'blood sacrifice'

From Adam to Noah I think is about 1000 years

Loyal
Jesus did not come to dispense with the LAW,
True.

Rom 7:7; What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."
Rom 13:9; For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Rom 2:22; You who say that one should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?

Jas 2:11; For He who said, "DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," also said, "DO NOT COMMIT MURDER." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

Eph 6:2; HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise),

Eph 4:28; He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with one who has need.

Acts 15:20; but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.
Acts 15:29; that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell."

Matt 22:37; And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'
Mark 12:30; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'
Luke 10:27; And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Nine of the 10 commandments are repeated in the New testament by Paul and James. The only one that may have changed is...

Col 2:16; Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day

Now of course the first and most important is Loving God. Everyone says they do it. But very few seem to do it well.

Jesus is speaking in all the verses below.
Matt 5:19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matt 19:17 And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."
Matt 22:40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
Mark 10:19 "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"
Luke 18:20 "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"
John 14:15 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
John 14:21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."
John 15:10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Paul writes the verses below.
1Cor 7:19; Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.
Eph 2:15; by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,
1Thes 4:2; For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

...finally, John writes.
1Jn 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jn 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jn 3:22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
1Jn 3:24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.
2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.
Rev 12:17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
Rev 14:12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

Last edited:
Loyal
@Brother-Paul -- yes, Adam and Eve Did cover themselves up with fig leaves , but look at Genesis 3: 21 "Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them" -- the tunic of skins had to come from an animal that was killed.

Thank you for reminding me of this Sue, but there is still some time from Adam and Eve to Genesis 3

Active
@Brother-Paul
Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
Gen 4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
Gen 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
Gen 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Loyal
Nine of the 10 commandments are repeated in the New testament by Paul and James.

Thank you brother

I am aware of most of what you have put, but thank you for the detail you provide. As for law (The Bible) I admit, regarding law in The Word, I am shall I say in the shallower end of the pool. I did get a merit for Building Law at university some years ago, but building law is a totally different kettle of fish. So long as the foundations are suitable. ;)

I remain convinced there is more to the law OT/NT than meets the eye, Paul was a master for sure. But the 10 Commandments remain for me SET IN STONE.

Bless you

Active
To my understanding the first 'law' was;

Gen 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Some how Able knew to sacrifice a lamb.
I believe the word 'law' quickly computes in our heads as the TEN . There are many more commandants then ten.

Gen 6:22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Gen_21:4 And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him.
Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
Exo 4:28 And Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which he had commanded him.
Exo 7:10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.
Exo_12:28 And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they
Exo_16:16 This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.

The Ten have not yet been recorded.

Loyal
Sticking with the 10 Commandments as a launch pad to the law.

The Jewish and Hebrew Ten Commandments
For the Jews, the Ten Commandments are a special set of spiritual laws that the LORD Himself wrote on two stone tablets (luchot) that Moses brought down from Mount Sinai.

In the Scriptures these laws are called the “aseret hadevarim,” the “ten words” or “ten utterances”.

In rabbinical writings, they are usually referred to as “Aseret haDiberot,” and
in Christian theological writings they are called the Decalogue which is derived from the Greek name “dekalogos” (ten statements) found in the Septuagint (Exodus 34:28, Deuteronomy 10:4), which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew name.

To the Jews the Torah has a total of 613 commandments which includes the ten from the Decalogue.
Traditional Rabbinical Jewish belief is that these commandments apply solely to the Jewish people. Many of these laws were instituted because of sin (example Passover) and hence were in fact only for the Jews because the Gospel did not go to the Gentiles until after the sacrificial law ended at the cross.

But the Ten Commandments of course are very much a standalone law for all mankind. They were written by the finger of God, personally spoken by God and were stored in the inside of the Ark of the Covenant under the mercy seat, which represented the very presence of God.

Clearly the Ten Commandments are extremely important to God. Most of these other laws have now ended but not so with the Ten Commandments.

Some examples of the other laws were unclean (unhealthy) foods, laws to prevent the spread of leprosy, mold in houses or a woman being unclean once a month. Lately it appears there have been attempts to diminish the importance of the Ten Commandments by saying there are 613 laws. But it is obviously not wisdom to compare laws to stop the spread of disease for example to the Ten Commandments that God wrote in stone!

Loyal
Which is the GREATEST COMMANDMENT 'IN' THE LAW?

Matt 22:36-40 (NKJV)
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the prophets

The Greatest Command is IN the LAW
On these two Commandments HANG 'ALL' the LAW and the Prophets.

They are in it, they hang in it, IN the LAW

What are they?
They are LOVE
1 - Love the Lord your God - (God first)
2 - Love your neighbour as yourself - (Then Love all mankind)

They are The Law of Love, they are God's Law of Love.

Elements of the Law remain, we just have to look for them, and they will all no doubt lead us back to 'The 10 Commandments'

Active
Which is the GREATEST COMMANDMENT 'IN' THE LAW?

Matt 22:36-40 (NKJV)
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the prophets

The Greatest Command is IN the LAW
On these two Commandments HANG 'ALL' the LAW and the Prophets.

They are in it, they hang in it, IN the LAW

What are they?
They are LOVE
1 - Love the Lord your God - (God first)
2 - Love your neighbour as yourself - (Then Love all mankind)

They are The Law of Love, they are God's Law of Love.

Elements of the Law remain, we just have to look for them, and they will all no doubt lead us back to 'The 10 Commandments'
In the law of love, the one who follows Jesus will know that which is right and that which is wrong, and will do right, i.e., to live according to God's high standard of moral excellence. And then remember to thank God always for HIS grace and mercy (for the sacrificial atonement of Jesus Christ) when you realize you come short of God's standard of moral excellence every day.

Active
Exo 12:37 And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand on foot that were men, beside children.
Exo 12:38 And a mixed multitude went up also with them; and flocks, and herds, even very much cattle.

A long with the commandents of God before the 10 we see Grace .