• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Under attack

First, I want to thank everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. I asked for prayer when my husband of almost 20 years walked out on my five year old son and I to be with a married woman with a baby (her husband's). Things are getting really ugly. I've tried to remain as civil as possible for our son's sake but now the divorce is getting into the issue of finances. My husband is really mad due to a letter he received from my attorney ordering him to stop liquidating community assets. He was liquidating assets and using them to pay the household bills and was also giving me money from there for household expenses. I am not working right now (on sick leave) so I have no income. He is now threatening me to sign a release or he will cut my telephone line and has even said that Christopher (our son) and I will be homeless. He told me was fine giving me money from the community assets but he will not give me his money to pay my bills. He is threatening to take my car away (claims it's his sole and separate property). He has told me several times that if I don't give him the car voluntarily he will call the police on me. Every time I drop of Christopher so he can spend some time with him he starts to harass me. I don't want to fight in front of our so so I try to just walk away after I say good by to Christopher. For almost 20 years I was used to following his directions so it's hard for me to stand up to him. I find myself scared, tired and hurt that he is still trying do us more harm after everything that he has done. He is nice as long as he gets to continue controlling everything. I find myself crying to God everyday for courage, guidance, peace and deliverance. Again, I ask for your prayers for my son and I.

I will be praying for you sister.

If you need someone just to talk to send me a note :love:

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

anonymous2 said:
"...I find myself crying to God everyday for courage, guidance, peace and deliverance..."

anonymous2:

I am praying for you.

My husband and I divorced, and then remarried; and we had a similar situation. I know how you feel, it is very difficult.

If you need someone to talk to, click my signature below, and then click my e-mail address.

God bless you.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

Last edited:
I know the pain that relationships can bring. May God Bless you and bring you comfort during this time. I will pray for you.

Please pray!!

Please, please pray for me and my son. I think I'm having an anxiety attack. His father told me he wants to keep our son for the night. I told him
"no thank you". He's not used to spending the night anywhere but his bed. I think he's going to try to take him from me. I'm so scared, tired.....please pray for us.

Administrator
Staff Member
I will pray for you sister don't worry. His father is powerless compared to OUR FATHER in Heaven.

Lord you know this situation, for you are with our sister
every moment! Intervene right now on her behalf,
give her comfort and peace that can only come from
your presence, I pray in Jesus name!
Trust Him! Keeping you in prayer! :love:

Don't you let go sister! Jesus loves you sooo much, and He is not going to let you go through something that He knows you can't handle. Let God hold on to those burdens of yours while you sit and be still for a minute to rest. Don't be so hard on yourself, it is not your doing, it's the devil. He loves splitting up families.
Just hang on to God. I know I keep saying this, but it is so vital. Please please do not let go of the truth.
It will take time or it will be tomorrow, but God will come through for you!

God Bless
Sis in Christ:love:
Lnrobar

Amen Inrobar, beautiful words of hope! :love:

Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Remember, God may not be early, but he is never Late! I know the strain of going outside of your comfort zone to wait upon the Lord's will. Especially when it comes to the welfare of your children against someone who is doing more harm to them than good. Constant fighting and arguing is not a good environment for any child, less they grow up to be arguementative and unable to resolve issues unless they threaten or abuse. I will pray that the Lord reveals to your soon to be ex, that his behavior is only hurting the child, and is not a good way to communicate with anyone. Also I will pray for your protection. I do not believe that it is the Lord's will for children to be in an ungodly environemnt full of abuse and manipulation. This burden is to heavy for you. Allow the Lord to carry if for you and fight this battle for you. I know that it is his good pleasure to do so. Without getting into to much detail, I can relate to an abusive ex. God loves you and your child, He is your bountiful provider. He is a God of more than enough, not just enough to get by. I pray that from out of nowhere, the flood gates of Gods provision will be poured out for you and your child. He is more than able.
Help is on the way! God will never fail you!
Knight1

Hang in there, you are not alone in this fight sister. We are here to support and love you. Is there a Pastor or woman's group that can offer you moral support so you are not alone physically? I am so sorry about all this you are going thru. I will be praying for you. Please lean on us, we want to help you.
Michele

Help.

Again, thanks to all for keeping my son and I in prayer. His father kept him yesterday while he was visiting with him. When I asked when he was returning him, he said coldly "whenever I want to". I don't have a court order yet so I can't call the police. Also, I don't want to try looking for him and forcefully take him because that will only end up hurting Christopher. I don't want him to see ugly fighting between his parents. I asked his father if I could at least speak to him but again he said no. It's hard for me to believe that he would use Christopher to hurt me. He knows how attached he is to me and that he is not used to sleeping anywhere but in his own home. I have to try to keep calm and patient because as a mother in torment, my instinct is freak out. I'm so tired of crying and hurting and now of missing my little sunshine. I don't know when I'll get to see my son again but I pray it will be soon.

Anonymous2, I cannot imagine the torment you must be going thru. I can tell you I have just prayed for you - that God will comfort you & give you peace that only He can give & that the whole situation will yield to His leading. I prayed that your son's father will submit to the feelings God can put upon his heart to return your son to you.

I know right now how crucial it is for you to be able to feel "contact" with someone. Even tho I doubt any of us know you personally, I sense how much strength can be gained from "talking" with us. Keep doing so...keep letting us know how things are. The darkest moments especially - those are the ones when satan will try to discourage you from coming here. Don't give in...come here...give praise to God for the smallest of victories & ask for prayer for what may seem like the smallest of things (this situation is by no means small, but I know it sometimes can be the small things that build up to weaken us more).

There is a journal section on this forum. If you feel the need to communicate in that manner, it is available. PM any of us if you want one on one communication. Talk Jesus is a large family - someone is on all the time. Let your family help you carry this burden & remember your strength comes from God - He will BE your strength when you feel you have none of your own.

update on attack

I heard from my son today. I talked to him briefly but than his father took the phone away. I asked when he was returning him and he said "not for a long time". I reminded him that I did not keep him from seeing him but he said "yes you did I saw him 12 days out of 45 and you got to see him everyday!" I told him I'm not the one who walked out than he said that doesn't matter and hung up. I later go a message from my son asking me to please call him. He sounds so sad. I tried calling but there was no answer. My attorney tried calling his sister (his attorney) but he later found out that she is conveniently taking a leave of absence until 7/18/05. I know now that this was done on purpose. My attorney said he will file an exparte motion and we'll go to court on Monday. I'm just hoping my poor little boy isn't traumatized by all this. I know he misses coming home and hearing him makes my heart break. At times I feel like I have to concentrate to breath.

Don't give up continue to pray.
We here at Talk Jesus will keep you in our prayers.
May the Peace of the Lord be with you ALWAYS.
Peace be with you,
John.

Desperately asking for continual prayer.

Well another day has gone by and I didn't get to speak to my son. His father called me this morning telling Christopher wanted to talk to me. I asked him when was he going to let me see him. He said not for a long time. I than told him "let me speak to my son!" He told he would not until I asked nicely. At that point I finally lost it I started telling him that I didn't care about him and his mistress (but I used the W word that ryhms with door). He hung up. He called again and told me to to ask him nicely to speak to Christopher. I told him to just give the phone to Christopher and he hung up again. He called two more times and left messages. Than again, he told me he was not taking Christopher to his scheduled class and he will not let me see him. He's keeping him for a few weeks. He told to speak to him with respect and decency. He told me that I am no one to judge him and he that is without sin to cast the first stone. I told him he demands respect but he does not give it and to stop using Christopher for his games. I told him to go spend time with his w....re kid. So he hung up again. I realize I may not be doing the right thing. But now I'm angry. It's taken alot to get me to this place. I need prayer to keep me calm and I also ask for prayer for my son to be at peace. I'm scheduled to go to court on Tuesday to try to get my son back. I would also ask for prayer to let me find favor with the judge and return my son.

The one thing I think is good is that you are now getting angry not falling apart and continuing to be abused. You must document the conversation via a recording or such so the judge can see who manipulating he is and how he is using your son as a pawn. You will have the law on your side, be strong. I will be praying for you. Be the way, Rightous anger is justified. If he pulls the "I'm not the only one who is sinless" remind him that God's wrath is much greater than what the law on this earth can ever do, that right now he is committing adultry. Also that his son will remember what he has done for the rest of his life and the impact that will have. Tell him Christopher will remember being held hostage by his own father. Maybe that will get him to do a little bit of thinking...

Please Please Keep Us In Prayer!!

I got my son back today. I found out he was dropped off at school so I picked him up early. He looked noticeably thinner. In 6 days he dropped about 4 or 5 pounds. It doesn't sound like much but on a small child it's quite noticeable. My son was confused and kept asking why I wouldn't pick him up. He told me his Daddy took him to an amusement park with his mistress and her child. I don't understand why he would expose him to that so soon. It's hard enough for a small child to try to understand why his dad no longer lives with him and to add to it the confusion of seeing him with another woman. My son also stated they went to a preacher's convention who's visiting the area and his visit has been very publicized around Christian churches. Again, I'm in awe how he can attend such a place with his son, his mistress and her child???? My son also mentioned that Daddy yelled at him because he was crying for mommy. My poor son seems even more attached to me. I'm not sure what to tell him as to why I couldn't see him. I don't want him to think I abandoned him???? His father had the nerve to call me on Sunday and leave a message asking me to sign something that stated I am in consent to working things out with him just between the two of us and he would let me see my son in two hours. I never returned the call. I'm scheduled to go to court tomorrow. I'm praying that the judge will hear everything that he has done and admonish him and give me an order that states he can only see him under supervised visits until the child custody issue is decided. Please keep un in prayer.

You will continue to be in our prayers, and we are very happy to hear you have your boy back, that must be such a relief.

Don't give up we will pray for the court to do the right thing according to the will of God.

May God's peace and strength be upon you as you and your son go through this ordeal.

Peace be with you,
John.