• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Two Witnesses? Dreams and Visions?

Has anyone had dreams of the 2 witnesses?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my long fast, once again i received a message that stated that there must be the 2 witnesses that would tell of things to come.

"And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies."

Has anyone had dreams or visions about the Two Witnesses?

Loyal
@mymessagefrompaula Welcome to the forum!
I rarely participate in polls my friend, but in answer to your question, "no" I have not had such a dream or vision. But, God does not work with everyone in the same way, does He?

Last edited:
In my long fast, once again i received a message that stated that there must be the 2 witnesses that would tell of things to come.

"And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies."

Not lately no.

Loyal

What i can tell you of the Two Witnesses is this. They are like bookends. Bookends look exactly alike, yet they are opposites. And all that God is, is between them.

I have dreamed of them and the Antichrist a long time ago but into I read scriptures I didn't understand the dream. It was in a city and these 2 men were in a confrontation with a crowd but the whole time there is no sound. Then a man steps out of a building and calls fire down from heaven. Then the crowd tries to harm the other 2 men and they began to breathe fire like a dragon until all that was left was just smoke. The one who called the fire down was the Antichrist and the 2 how breathe fire were god's 2 witnesses. Why I dreamt this I still don't know.

However, I just realized if you divide 1,260 days by 365 days you get 3.4520547945 years, but if you divide by 360 days you get exactly 3.5 years or the 42 months the false prophet is prophesized to trample on the saints and martyrs.

Anyway, if using the solar calendar of 365 days it is 41 months and just about 18 days short of 42, or if using the lunar calendar with 353-355 days in a year it is 43 months with about 20 days over 42 months with 1,260 days.

If you consider a lunar month being 29.5 days, then 42 months is 1,239 days the same as 3.5 * 354 day lunar years.
42 months of exactly 30 days multiplies up to 1,260.

So, if I were to choose I would choose the lunar calendar going into the 43rd month, but I guess it doesn't even matter because they are so close anyway. Either way you are either going to have to take out about half month and have your name blotted out of the book of the living, or add in half a month and have the plagues from the book added unto you. It's like an ironic question of which one would you choose unless you seal the book and just don't think about it which you aren't supposed to do. But you are supposed to count the number of the beast if you have understanding and I guess that's what I'm doing here.

Unless there's some other answer, I don't know.

I guess the other way is to use the 360 day calendar that Rome initially used and implement leap years.
This website talks about a 40 year cycle of leap years but I'm not sure if its the one the Romans exactly used

Bible Prophecy Calendar: 360 day/year

Last edited:
Loyal
I have dreamed of them and the Antichrist a long time ago but into I read scriptures I didn't understand the dream. It was in a city and these 2 men were in a confrontation with a crowd but the whole time there is no sound. Then a man steps out of a building and calls fire down from heaven. Then the crowd tries to harm the other 2 men and they began to breathe fire like a dragon until all that was left was just smoke. The one who called the fire down was the Antichrist and the 2 how breathe fire were god's 2 witnesses. Why I dreamt this I still don't know.
I can answer some of that. The Two Witness. Fire will come from their mouth, the Fire is the Word of God.

The reason you were given the vision is to bring awareness of Gods Servants to Christians and others alike. The vision itself is like a fire within you. You can not keep it hidden under a basket, but set it on a pedestal for all to see.

I can answer some of that. The Two Witness. Fire will come from their mouth, the Fire is the Word of God.

The reason you were given the vision is to bring awareness of Gods Servants to Christians and others alike. The vision itself is like a fire within you. You can not keep it hidden under a basket, but set it on a pedestal for all to see.
What if I were one of the 2 men who breathed fire?????

I have and I also have had a dream of god's spirit being poured out over the world. In all seriousness though I have have dreams of war and the stars of the heavens falling to the earth

Loyal
People Do dream -- lots of people dream - I dream sometimes. But none of it is prophetic. We sometimes dream about what we watch on TV or books that we've read. Once in a while, when I've been reading a variety of books over time, I'll end up having a dream with a variety of activities from each of the books. Years ago I read medical novels and I'd have some interesting dreams.

I don't take dreams seriously.

Loyal
What if I were one of the 2 men who breathed fire?????[/QUOT
to be a Witness of the Most High, love has to live in your heart. The Father will speak to you often. You will learn to recognize the peace of God in your heart.

You will learn to know the difference when jesus, the Father, or the Trinity speaks to you. You will feel the urging of the Holy Spirit.

You will share in the depth of God's love, sorrow, joy and anger.

You will know Spiritual Warfare

The Two Witnesses are like bookends, they seem identical, yet are opposites. And all that God is, is between them.

You will know the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are unlimited, and you will have all of them 100%

Loyal

I looked up the Revelation passage -- the two witnesses are in the future. There is speculation as to their being Elijah and Moses or like them or two prophets who had been tormenting those who live on the earth or just two men who shared the Gospel and then were taken back into heaven or two who were martyred. Lots of speculation.

A person can speculate about Lots of things and have dreams.

Loyal
I looked up the Revelation passage -- the two witnesses are in the future. There is speculation as to their being Elijah and Moses or like them or two prophets who had been tormenting those who live on the earth or just two men who shared the Gospel and then were taken back into heaven or two who were martyred. Lots of speculation.

A person can speculate about Lots of things and have dreams.
I remember a liberal theologian stating "the so called miracles of Jesus where nothing more than overblown excitement of local resident's"

Your downplay of the Two Witnesses follows on the same thinling.

The mere fact they are mentioned means significants

Loyal
Bill / Dakota -- I'm certainly Not discrediting the Bible -- it's God Word to 'us'. And I'm also Not discrediting the miracles of Jesus Christ. They are as credible as Jesus Christ, Himself. He was pointing mankind to God the Father through them.

And, yes, in the last days, men will dream dreams and have visions. And the two witnesses Are in the book of Revelation. And that book, as all others are to be taken literally / seriously.

All I'm saying is that the identity Of them is debated. And you, Dakota, suggested that 'what if' you were one of them. That you dreamed you were one of them.

Sometimes, when a person is anticipating a major event taking place or it is in the process Of, or 'it' has just taken place , they dream about it. Some of that is simply the way our 'psyche' deals with things. You've read about those things and end up dreaming about 'what If you would actually Be one of those people -- what would That be like.

Loyal
Bill / Dakota -- I'm certainly Not discrediting the Bible -- it's God Word to 'us'. And I'm also Not discrediting the miracles of Jesus Christ. They are as credible as Jesus Christ, Himself. He was pointing mankind to God the Father through them.

And, yes, in the last days, men will dream dreams and have visions. And the two witnesses Are in the book of Revelation. And that book, as all others are to be taken literally / seriously.

All I'm saying is that the identity Of them is debated. And you, Dakota, suggested that 'what if' you were one of them. That you dreamed you were one of them.

Sometimes, when a person is anticipating a major event taking place or it is in the process Of, or 'it' has just taken place , they dream about it. Some of that is simply the way our 'psyche' deals with things. You've read about those things and end up dreaming about 'what If you would actually Be one of those people -- what would That be like.
Im sorry i came down on you as i did. But your words were like a red flag in my mind

I dreamed about a lot of the book of revelation before I was saved or ever hearing more than just who Jesus was and is never reading more than Genesis and exodus. I had these dreams when I was 16ish I'm now 24 and haven't read revelation until a couple of months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.