• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The true church

To all sda members,in quite a few posts back i was trying to get an answer on what Gods true Sabbath day fell on,God changed his Sabbath from the seventh day,could any one of you tell me when Gods true Sabbath day is!!!!!

Last edited:
Staff Member
Many will argue for the word "worship", saying that the Scriptures say that Jesus should be "worshipped", as at Hebrews 1:6, though the Greek word pro·sky·ne´o also means "to prostrate one's self, to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence...hence in the N.T.(New Testament) by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication."(Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, pg 548)

Jesus used the word "worship" in speaking with the Samaritan woman at the well near Sychar. In this case, it applied strictly to God, and in which Jesus included himself in worshipping him, saying: "You worship (Greek proskyneite) what you do not know; we worship (Greek proskynoumen) what we know, because salvation originates with the Jews. Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers (Greek proskynetai) will worship (Greek proskynesousin) the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship (Greek proskynountas) him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping (Greek proskynountas) him must worship (Greek proskynein) with spirit and truth.”(John 4:22-24)

Thus, all worship belongs to the Father, Jehovah God, for Jesus told Satan: "Go away, Satan! For it is written (at Deut 5:9 and 10:20), ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” (Matt 4:10)

The one true religion or "one faith" (Eph 4:5) that Jesus established thus worships the Father, Jehovah God, as Jesus taught and did. He set the pattern for his disciples to follow in worshipping the "one true God", Jehovah, saying in prayer to his Father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."(John 17:3)

Hence, those who follow in Jesus "footsteps" (1 Pet 2:21), will also worship the Father, Jehovah. These will make an earnest effort to ' take in knowledge of the only true God ', Jehovah (and his Son), and not keep him nameless, as basically the churches have done with titles such "Lord" or "God".

These will follow the "form of worship" (or religion) that Jesus established, whereby "the true worshipers will worship the Father (Jehovah) with spirit and truth."(John 4:23)

It seems to me that at the heart of the discussion with you Jaareshiah is the inability to accept the Divinity of Christ as part of the Godhead.
I don't leave it to the Christian to tell you that this is so, but to the Jews who plainly understood what Christ Jesus was telling them, which motivated them to their subsequent actions. Sadly, the Jews to this day except for some Messianic Jews continue to reject Him as does the world.

Below is Young's Literal Translation of John 10:30-38
[30] I and the Father are one.'
[31] Therefore, again, did the Jews take up stones that they may stone him;
[32] Jesus answered them, `Many good works did I shew you from my Father; because of which work of them do ye stone me?'
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, `For a good work we do not stone thee, but for evil speaking, and because thou, being a man, dost make thyself God.'
[34] Jesus answered them, `Is it not having been written in your law: I said, ye are gods?
[35] if them he did call gods unto whom the word of God came, (and the Writing is not able to be broken,)
[36] of him whom the Father did sanctify, and send to the world, do ye say -- Thou speakest evil, because I said, Son of God I am?
[37] if I do not the works of my Father, do not believe me;
[38] and if I do, even if me ye may not believe, the works believe, that ye may know and may believe that in me [is] the Father, and I in Him.'

Hi brakelite, Instead me typing chapter 4 of Hebrews this is were you can find that God changed the Sabbath from the seventh day,he changed the Sabbath to Today now brother can you tell what day is Today

Hebrews 4? The portion of chapter 4 that speaks of another day?? That portion of chapter 4 that speaks of David and Joshua?? Please, keep things in context. Paul is talking about what took place 1500 years previopusly, and then another 500 years after that. Joshua did not bring Israel to rest. David mentioned that even in his day, 'today' , Israel still hadn't entered in. Which means, according to Paul, there is still a rest to be entered into by the people of God.
Nothing in there, I repeat nothing, is said about any change to the Sabbath.

In vs 7 (Again he limiteth a certain day,saying in David,Today,after so long a time;asit is said,Today if ye will hear his voice,harden not your hearts.) As we can see here brother again he limiteth certain day, means simply what it says
He chose another day,if it was the same day he would have said i limiteth the same day or i give them a second chance

I'm not sure which Bible you are reading but would you post Hebrews ch 4 vs 8 thanks

Last edited:
In vs 7 (Again he limiteth a certain day,saying in David,Today,after so long a time;asit is said,Today if ye will hear his voice,harden not your hearts.) As we can see here brother again he limiteth certain day, means simply what it says
He chose another day,if it was the same day he would have said i limiteth the same day or i give them a second chance

I'm not sure which Bible you are reading but would you post Hebrews ch 4 vs 8 thanks

Hebrews 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Now allow me to post the Barnes commentary for that verse.

For if Jesus Marg. "That is, Joshua." The Syriac renders it, "Joshua the Son of Nun." Jesus is the Greek mode of writing Joshua, and there can be no doubt that Joshua is here intended. The object is to prove that Joshua did not give the people of God such a rest as to make it improper to speak of a "rest" after that time. "If Joshua had given them a complete and final rest; if, by his conducting them to the promised land, all had been done which had been contemplated by the promise, then it would not have been alluded to again, as it was in the time of David." Joshua did give them a rest in the promised land; but it was not all which was intended, and it did not exclude the promise of another and more important rest.

Then would he not. Then God would not have spoken of another time when that rest could be obtained. The "other day" here referred to is that which is mentioned before by the phrase "to-day," and refers to the time in which it is spoken of long after Joshua, to wit, in the time of David.

{2} "Jesus" "that is, Joshua"

Matt. Henry's commentary in the e-bile on this forum agrees. It speaks of the heavenly rest when Christ returns for His people: not the seventh day Sabbath.

Last edited:
Hello Truth listen in the reply you put earlier(#59) you stated you know that the Sabbath is on Saturday. Then you changed your mind why? To your question on which day it is reply(#141) I wrote the answer in replies earlier replies. Ill tell you it again thru Scriptures.

1.We know Jesus, the Creator of the Sabbath(7th day), kept it (Luke 4:
16And he cameto Nazareth, where he had been brought up : and, ashis CUSTOM was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read . So did Paul all his life Acts 17:2And Paul, as his manner was , went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures. We ought to follow our great Example JESUS. All throughtout the book of Acts from chpt.13 on shows how Paul continue keeping the Sabbath, too many to list. Now think he was persuading the Greeks for months and not once did he say ok lets meet on the first day. This was a perfect chance for Paul to say "we are going to meet on a Sunday" but it didnt happen.

2. Luke 23 will give us the answer to what day is the Sabbath. One key point is that back then they were a whole day was as followed, sundown was the beggining of a new day until sunset the next day as God commanded in Gen.1. Ok then we know Jesus died on a Friday right? Well we can find out that it was still daylight Friday afternoon when Jesus died.(Luke 23:
44 It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour,45 for the sun stopped shining. tHIS IS RIGHT BEFORE hE DIED. rEMEMBER STILL fRIDAY.

3.Luke 23:
53 Then he took it down, wrapped it in linen cloth and placed it in a tomb cut in the rock, one in which no one had yet been laid. So this guy begged that he can take Jesus down from the Cross. So he took Him down still Friday, about to be Sabbath. 54 It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin. 55 The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56 Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath . Ok now they take Him down and go prepare the spices and stuff but the Sabbath draws near so they stop and rest on the Sabbath, which is Friday evening or after sunset. They rested and did not go back on the Sabbath. Do you not think that they wanted so bad to go back and perfume their LORD.

4.Luke 24:
1 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. So they come back Sunday morning to finish the job. So its easy to say that the Sabbath is Saturday,Friday sunset to Sat. sunset. You know and everyone else that Jesus ressurected on Sunday right? They have Easter for that.

Hope this helps you. God bless

Hi brethren,as far as the Sabbath,to keep all things in order of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
Brethren,being filled with the Holy Ghost and baptized in Jesus Christ mighty name
I must say i keep everyday Holy because Jesus said be Holy for i am Holy
He also said he was Lord on the Sabbath,
Now when Jesus spoke of rest he did not limit a certain day for rest,
This is what he said when he spoke about rest
Matthew ch 11 vs 27 (All things are delivered unto me of my father:and no man knoweth the Son,but the Father;neither knoweth any man the Father,save the son,and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.) 28 (Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,I will give you rest.) 29 (Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me;for I am meek and lowly in heart:and ye shall find rest unto your souls.) 30 (For my yoke is easy,and my burden is light.)
Also if i walk in Christ then every day is Holy,And brethren let us not for get All Power was given to Jesus in Heaven and in earth
He also said pray without ceasing,everyday all day
We are to be a light on a hill and the salt of the earth and in order to do that we must mak everyday a Sabbath day Keeping it Holy before God and men
We are fellow labours in Kingdom of God so if we labour for him then he will give us rest continually,any time day or night
In Hebrews ch 4 vs 8 (For if Jesus had given them rest,then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.) With a simple mind and reading it for what it says,this verse of Scripture goes hand in hand with the Scriptures n Matthew if we keep Jesus Christ as the one being spoken about here in Hebrews because he said he would give us rest
Now on the other hand i have compared all new version bibles and they all reflect a different opinion than the original kjb
In Hebrews ch 4 vs 8 they all state God chose another day for the Sabbath
In my opinion there is to much confusion on what the Sabbath day truly is
So with all that being said the truth is Jesus Christ is the Sabbath

And to say who is right or wrong is to pass judgement,And being a just man of God i will not say one way or the other

Last edited:
Truth but you said in that reply(#59) that you know that the Sabbath is on Saturday. Then you were arguing that it was done away with. And now you are saying its a Sabbath everyday. WOW:shock:. You said in your last reply that there is to much confusion on the Sabbath. Not so over here. I know what day is the Sabbath of the LORD. Since its His day you might want to consider seeking a little more. Believe me its woth it. With these busy,busy end times we are living in with people not having no time not even to read the Bible, its great to set aside all wordly things and spend time with our Savior. GOD BLESS

Brother bg,i know that saturday is the Sabbath because i looked it up in, the dictionary,I searched the Bible and the strongs concordance to see exactly what day the Sabbath fell on because in Hebrews ch 4 vs 4- 8 God chose another day but never mentioned what day it was,We know Gods day of rest was on the seventh day and then he changed it to today speaking thru David but never saying what day today fell on,in verse 8 in all new translation bibles,it says God gave Another day,if he didn't why did he speak of another day,
The confusion is not coming from myself but thru the interpretation of Gods word through men,i have sought God for his answer on this matter and found Jesus Christ to be the true Sabbath because he is where our rest comes from,as i said before in the kjb it makes perfect sense,another thing brother we cannot serve God and mammon (wealth) by the works of men we live in a 24 hour day 12 am being the beginning of a man made day,Now Gods days as in the beginning in Genesis were from evening(night) to evening,with that being said in order to keep a Sabbath day you must keep Gods days and not the days of men
And to follow after his day you must use his time from evening to evening otherwise a man is double minded

Last edited:
Hi brethren,as far as the Sabbath,to keep all things in order of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
Brethren,being filled with the Holy Ghost and baptized in Jesus Christ mighty name
I must say i keep everyday Holy because Jesus said be Holy for i am Holy
He also said he was Lord on the Sabbath,
Now when Jesus spoke of rest he did not limit a certain day for rest,
This is what he said when he spoke about rest
Matthew ch 11 vs 27 (All things are delivered unto me of my father:and no man knoweth the Son,but the Father;neither knoweth any man the Father,save the son,and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.) 28 (Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,I will give you rest.) 29 (Take my yoke upon you,and learn of me;for I am meek and lowly in heart:and ye shall find rest unto your souls.) 30 (For my yoke is easy,and my burden is light.)
Also if i walk in Christ then every day is Holy,And brethren let us not for get All Power was given to Jesus in Heaven and in earth
He also said pray without ceasing,everyday all day
We are to be a light on a hill and the salt of the earth and in order to do that we must mak everyday a Sabbath day Keeping it Holy before God and men
We are fellow labours in Kingdom of God so if we labour for him then he will give us rest continually,any time day or night
In Hebrews ch 4 vs 8 (For if Jesus had given them rest,then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.) With a simple mind and reading it for what it says,this verse of Scripture goes hand in hand with the Scriptures n Matthew if we keep Jesus Christ as the one being spoken about here in Hebrews because he said he would give us rest
Now on the other hand i have compared all new version bibles and they all reflect a different opinion than the original kjb
In Hebrews ch 4 vs 8 they all state God chose another day for the Sabbath
In my opinion there is to much confusion on what the Sabbath day truly is
So with all that being said the truth is Jesus Christ is the Sabbath

And to say who is right or wrong is to pass judgement,And being a just man of God i will not say one way or the other
Hi. I do agree with you that we do all find rest in Jesus. We can unload all our burdens at the foot of the cross, our guilt, our regrets, and find peace and rest in Him. It is a wonderful experience to know that rest, and I rejoice Truth Speaker that you have found it, and not just you, but all contributors on this site who know Him who died for us.
That said, there is no intimation in scripture that the spiritual rest we find in Jesus actually replaces the physical rest God asks us to observe on His holy day. While it is true that we are children of the most High every day, and we by His grace walk in holiness and righteousness at all times, none of this makes any other day holy. Only God can make a day holy, just as only God can make us holy. What we are asked to do is to keep the day holy. How are we to do that? By setting aside all worldy affairs, like work, entertainment etc and allowing God to minister to us as we focus on Him only. It is His day. An appointment day that has stood for 6000 years and will throughout all eternity. Just one day in seven, the other six being given to us for ourselves, but the seventh God asks us to spend with Him. Without distraction.
I love the passage in Isaiah 58 which reads:
13 ¶ If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Observing the Sabbath on the seventh day of the week is not a burden but a delight for all who embrace it. God promises that for all who obey Him. And yes, Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath day, thus it is His day...The Lord's Day....it is not our day that we can do what we like with it. We cannot set it aside at a whim, or excuse ourselves with irrelevant scriptures as fragile support. Jesus kept the Sabbath. Paul and the other apostles kept the Sabbath. They taught the Gentiles to observe the Sabbath. The entire early church, at least in the first century, kept the Sabbath and for 3 to 400 years after so also did the majority of churches continue to do so. What change there was in observance of Sabbath did not come until pressure of persecution against Jews by Rome in the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD : some Christians began observing another day in order to distance themselves from the Jewish community. Because Sunday was so popular with Rome they being sun worshippers, Sunday became more and more popular with the church, first in Rome and Alexandria, then slowly elsewhere as the Roman church gained more influence and power. There were many debates in those early years over the Sabbath much as there is today. Sabbath keepers ended up being persecuted by other 'Christians' for their faithfulness. Mmmm. Some things don't change huh. They were called heretics then too.
But God's commandments do not change and have never been rescinded. Just as it is wrong today to murder, steal, or commit adultery, so also is it to ignore God's holy day.
Blessings to all on this God's Sabbath.

Hi brakelite as you can see here Jesus changed the first and second commandments Mark ch 12 vs 29 (And Jesus answered him,The first of all commandments is,Hear, O Israel;The Lord our God is one Lord:) 30 (And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,and with all thy soul,and with all thy mind,and with all thy strength:this is the first Commandment,) 31 (And the second is like,namely this,Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself,There is none other commandment greater than these.) Another prime example of commandment change Matthew 15 vs 21 (Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,Thou shalt not kill;and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgement:) 22 (But I say unto you,That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement:and whosoever shall say to his brother,Raca,shall be in danger of the council:but whosoever shall say,Thou fool,shall be in danger of hell fire.) These are the new commandments given by Jesus Christ,As i have shown with Scripture the old commandments have changed according to the word of Jesus Christ and his apostles

Last edited:
Truth speaker. Allow me please to make a number of points, which I pray may clear up some of your thinking.
  • Jesus reply to the questioning scribe in Mark 12:29-31 are quotes from the OT. See Deut. 6:4,5; Levit. 19:18.
  • The passage from Deut. is just one chapter later than that chapter which includes the Ten Commandments, two of which you claim are replaced. See Deut. 5:6-21.
  • Thus what Jesus was saying was not in any way a replacement of the first two commandments in the decalogue, but the two 'great commandments' He quoted are summaries of the entire decalogue. The first 4 commandments being summarised by love for God, the final 6 commandments being summarised by love for your neighbour.
  • Nor did Jesus replace the Sabbath day for another. This would be impossible, even for God. The Sabbath is a memorial of creation. It is a landmark which cannot be removed, any more than your own birthday be removed to another day.
  • I mentioned it before, but I will repeat that it wasn't the Jesus of the New Testament being quoted in the letter to the Hebrews. It was speaking of Joshua, the leader of Israel as they entered the promised land. It was Joshua , not Jesus, that Hebrews 4:8 is referring to.
  • The "another day" of verse 8 merely refers back to that "certain day" of verse 7. Joshua hadn't given Israel rest 500 years previously, David is saying "today", Israel still hadn't entered that rest, so don't harden your hearts. 9See Psalm 95) And Paul is saying they still hadn't entered a further 1000 years later, thus he says "let us labour to enter into that rest", (verse 11).
  • Again, nothing , I say nothing, to do with a change in the Sabbath. The issue here is not which day is the Sabbath. At this time, probably shortly before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, Sunday was only a pagan holiday and there was no thought that Christians should change their day for rest in their faithfulness to the creator God. The writer here is using the weekly Sabbath to emphasize his point of entering into that rest of confidence.
    In verse 4 - God did rest ... from all What we can understand is that because God completes what He promises (as He did when He rested after six days of creation), He will have a people who will enter heaven (sometimes referred to as the heavenly Canaan).
    Although not the purpose of the text, we can see that the day God appointed as the day of rest was still understood to be the seventh day of the week at this time in history. Matthew confirms this in Matt. 24:20.

Hello brakelite.

Was reading your posts and noticed;

They taught the Gentiles to observe the Sabbath. The entire early church, at least in the first century, kept the Sabbath and for 3 to 400 years after so also did the majority of churches continue to do so. What change there was in observance of Sabbath did not come until pressure of persecution against Jews by Rome in the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD
If you could supply the scripture that supports
the idea that the apostles taught the Gentiles
to observe the sabbath.

Also, your historical information that the church
of the first and second century observed the
sabbath.

The "Sabbath" is from sunset on Friday to Sunset on Saturday. There are other "sabbaths" that fall during the week sometimes.. High Holy days etc. Example: Passover could fall during mid week and is still a "sabbath".

so as you also noticed brakelite Jesus changed the the commandments,Jesus is God and thru out the new testament more were given
and also Gods day of rest was the seventh as we all know but as you see in Hebrews chapter 4 God gave another day
besides all this the path of salvation changed in the new testament
the point of the sabbath was made Jesus Christ is the true Sabbath as far as physical rest doctors say you need 8 hours of physical rest to maintain a healthy life
the law and the prophets were until John and after that the kingdom of Heaven was preached

and furthermore we need spiritual rest because Ephesians ch 6 vs 12 (For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,but against principalities,against powers against rulers of the darkness of this world,against spiritual wickedness in high places.) the old testament walk with God was a physical walk,Now we must
walk with him in spirit because he is the Spirit

Just as David 777 show me were Paul thought the gentiles of a rest other than Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ is our Sabbath (OUR REST)

Last edited:
Jaareshiah,

You seem to be expressing a denial of Jesus' deity. (Classic Watchtower doctrine)

I would like to suggest you read a passage in Revelation 24:23 and consider it.

"And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

Also consider the passage at Revelation 5, especially that little word ...AND

" And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. 2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? 3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. 4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. 5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold , the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. 6 And I beheld , and, lo , in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain , having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. 7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. 8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. 9 And they sung a new song, saying , Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain , and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. 11 And I beheld , and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. 13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying , Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 14 And the four beasts said , Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

I couldn't get this quote from page 14 to post in my previous post..

: )

Many will argue for the word "worship", saying that the Scriptures say that Jesus should be "worshipped", as at Hebrews 1:6, though the Greek word pro·sky·ne´o also means "to prostrate one's self, to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence...hence in the N.T.(New Testament) by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication."(Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament, pg 548)

Jesus used the word "worship" in speaking with the Samaritan woman at the well near Sychar. In this case, it applied strictly to God, and in which Jesus included himself in worshipping him, saying: "You worship (Greek proskyneite) what you do not know; we worship (Greek proskynoumen) what we know, because salvation originates with the Jews. Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers (Greek proskynetai) will worship (Greek proskynesousin) the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship (Greek proskynountas) him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping (Greek proskynountas) him must worship (Greek proskynein) with spirit and truth.”(John 4:22-24)

Thus, all worship belongs to the Father, Jehovah God, for Jesus told Satan: "Go away, Satan! For it is written (at Deut 5:9 and 10:20), ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” (Matt 4:10)

The one true religion or "one faith" (Eph 4:5) that Jesus established thus worships the Father, Jehovah God, as Jesus taught and did. He set the pattern for his disciples to follow in worshipping the "one true God", Jehovah, saying in prayer to his Father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."(John 17:3)

Hence, those who follow in Jesus "footsteps" (1 Pet 2:21), will also worship the Father, Jehovah. These will make an earnest effort to ' take in knowledge of the only true God ', Jehovah (and his Son), and not keep him nameless, as basically the churches have done with titles such "Lord" or "God".

These will follow the "form of worship" (or religion) that Jesus established, whereby "the true worshipers will worship the Father (Jehovah) with spirit and truth."(John 4:23)

Jaareshiah,

You seem to be expressing a denial of Jesus' deity. (Classic Watchtower doctrine)

I would like to suggest you read a passage in Revelation 24:23 and consider it.

I didn't know that there is a Revelation 24:23 since Revelation only has 22 chapters.