• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
I am not offended but do not hold to this doctrine.

Someone had to die for the sin of the world. It was clear in the Mosaic Law that sin was removed only by the shedding of blood.

Hebrews 9:16 "For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the DEATH of the testator.

Phl 2:8 " And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled himself and became obedient to the point of DEATH, even the DEATH of the cross."

There have been a few who say Jesus was God in the flesh, but if that were true he could not have died. Some even say that he did not die??????

So I ask them to please explain the following: "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thine heart that
GOD HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, thou shalt be saved."

How can we say that he was not a man as
God cannot die, but Jesus did, or God could not have raised him from the dead. Our statement of faith is not that God raised himself from the dead, it is he raised Jesus from the dead.

But when confronted with these few scriptures they ALL run away and hide their eyes from these simple facts. Clinging to their doctrine as more precious than the TRUTH.

If anyone has ever wondered why the Catholic Church or Islam has prospered on the earth it can be found right here.

They both deny the SON of GOD, one says he was God in the flesh (trinity), the other says he was just a prophet(Islam). The devil has been given tools with which to deceive the world and blind the eyes of those who are intended to be blind. He who hath eyes to see let him see.

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the [a]Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

There have been a few who say Jesus was God in the flesh, but if that were true he could not have died. Some even say that he did not die??????

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1 Corinthians 2:13-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the [a]Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

Amen.

Active
I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. John 10:18.

Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up John 2:19

Jesus had the power of faith in his Father to raise him up again. As thats who raised him from the dead. His body was the temple, and God raised it up. Thats scriptural.
I am confounded that people take bits and pieces of scripture to make up a doctrine. If I were to quote another where Jesus states that his words are those of the Father could I be proven wrong that what he said were the words that the Father told him to say?

Have you sir had this happen to you where the Holy Ghost specifically speaks to you to go do, or go say something? If not then you could not understand what he truly
was saying.

John 10:27 "My sheep HEAR my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

Do not take anything I say as trying to shame or belittle anyone I am only quoting scrpture and asking how that scripture fits in with the doctrine espoused.

Jesus had the power of faith in his Father to raise him up again. As thats who raised him from the dead. His body was the temple, and God raised it up. Thats scriptural.
I am confounded that people take bits and pieces of scripture to make up a doctrine. If I were to quote another where Jesus states that his words are those of the Father could I be proven wrong that what he said were the words that the Father told him to say?

Have you sir had this happen to you where the Holy Ghost specifically speaks to you to go do, or go say something? If not then you could not understand what he truly
was saying.

John 10:27 "My sheep HEAR my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

Do not take anything I say as trying to shame or belittle anyone I am only quoting scrpture and asking how that scripture fits in with the doctrine espoused.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Active
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Since you say that he didn't die "he just quit breathing for 3 days" why would you quote a verse describing his DEATH? And I do agree that he GAVE UP THE GHOST therefore died. As you cannot raise someone from the DEAD unless they indeed are DEAD. And my friend God cannot DIE. And again reconcile that verse with the statement of faith that
we believe that GOD HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD. His Father.

Since you say that he didn't die "he just quit breathing for 3 days" why would you quote a verse describing his DEATH? And I do agree that he GAVE UP THE GHOST therefore died. As you cannot raise someone from the DEAD unless they indeed are DEAD. And my friend God cannot DIE. And again reconcile that verse with the statement of faith that
we believe that GOD HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD. His Father.

When I die, I won't be dead.

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

When Jesus died, He was not dead.

Active
Actually yor body will be dead it will return to the dust it was made of. But your spirit on the other hand which cannot die will be asleep. There is a difference.

Scripture, please, not opinions.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed

I quote Malachi 3:1 to you, and you don't say, "Oh my gosh! Wow."

You just keep telling me what your teachers have told you.

Like the Bible doesn't matter.

Actually yor body will be dead it will return to the dust it was made of. But your spirit on the other hand which cannot die will be asleep. There is a difference.

So, you are saying, When God died, His Spirit remained alive, so God did not die.

John 12:23-25 New King James Version
23 But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified.
24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much [a]grain.
25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

So, even we don't die when we die.

But some people say Jesus cannot be God because He died.

But, of course, Jesus didn't die when He died.

Status
Not open for further replies.