• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Rapture

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE RAPTURE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
Did you read these verses? Yes? Good.

Sarcasm much? I'll let that slide.

Explain to me then how these verses say that all of the church is the bride? All are saved, but where does it say that all the church is the bride? Not all the church is the bride.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Per the reference to the husband being married to the wife so is Christ to the church; hence Bridegroom to the bride.

Loyal
Sarcasm much? I'll let that slide.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Per the reference to the husband being married to the wife so is Christ to the church; hence Bridegroom to the bride.
That was not sarcasm..though obviously, you took it that way. Eph 5:23 does not say that the church is the bride. It says that Christ is the head of the church, and the savior. It does not even mention the bride.
Read Exodus 19:5-6

Active
Well when you down play Speaking in The Spirit and the importance of the Holy Spirit then yeah faith is hard to find.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. KJV

When you are to prove all things by Him & His words as kept in the KJV and abstain from all appearances of evil, then God would not mimic ecstatic tongues that has been in the world ( Isaiah 8:19 KJV ) before Pentecost came with God's gift of tongues of other men's lips to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:20-21 KJV ) There is no way God would copy cat the devil's tongues of gibberish nonsense for what the apostle John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them by knowing He is in you since salvation so that you can know that spirit coming over you later in life as a saved believer was NOT the Holy Spirit in 1 John 4:1-4 KJV. That is why John even included tongues to be tested in 1 John 4:5-6 KJV because of that supernatural tongue in the world which is just confusion which God is not the author of for why His gifts of tongues is a foreign language of men that will come with interpretation unless understood by foreigners in outreach ministry. You can click on those scriptural references to see His words in the KJV if you are not seeing where that judgment is coming from in His words.

I also point out that ALL Bible versions testify in John 16:13 that the Holy Spirit CANNOT speak for Himself but speak what He hears for why the KJV has it right in Romans 8:26-27 KJV in that not even His groanings can be uttered. So all modern Bibles are saying in John 16:13 that the Holy Spirit cannot use tongues for uttering His own intercessions as the KJV has it as silent intercessions as Romans 8:27 KJV has Jesus knowing the mind of the Spirit for giving His silent intercessions to the Father for the Spirit as it is according to the will of God being that Jesus Christ is the only One at that throne of grace ( Hebrews 4:12-16 KJV ) as our only Mediator between God and men ( 1 Timothy 2:5 KJV & Hebrews 7:25 KJV )

So there is no downplaying the Holy Spirit when I am using scripture in the KJV testifying the role of the Holy Spirit in how He will speak and how He will not speak whereas whatever modern version you are using John 16:13 opposes Romans 8:26-27.

Loyal
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. KJV

When you are to prove all things by Him & His words as kept in the KJV and abstain from all appearances of evil, then God would not mimic ecstatic tongues that has been in the world ( Isaiah 8:19 KJV ) before Pentecost came with God's gift of tongues of other men's lips to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:20-21 KJV ) There is no way God would copy cat the devil's tongues of gibberish nonsense for what the apostle John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them by knowing He is in you since salvation so that you can know that spirit coming over you later in life as a saved believer was NOT the Holy Spirit in 1 John 4:1-4 KJV. That is why John even included tongues to be tested in 1 John 4:5-6 KJV because of that supernatural tongue in the world which is just confusion which God is not the author of for why His gifts of tongues is a foreign language of men that will come with interpretation unless understood by foreigners in outreach ministry. You can click on those scriptural references to see His words in the KJV if you are not seeing where that judgment is coming from in His words.

I also point out that ALL Bible versions testify in John 16:13 that the Holy Spirit CANNOT speak for Himself but speak what He hears for why the KJV has it right in Romans 8:26-27 KJV in that not even His groanings can be uttered. So all modern Bibles are saying in John 16:13 that the Holy Spirit cannot use tongues for uttering His own intercessions as the KJV has it as silent intercessions as Romans 8:27 KJV has Jesus knowing the mind of the Spirit for giving His silent intercessions to the Father for the Spirit as it is according to the will of God being that Jesus Christ is the only One at that throne of grace ( Hebrews 4:12-16 KJV ) as our only Mediator between God and men ( 1 Timothy 2:5 KJV & Hebrews 7:25 KJV )

So there is no downplaying the Holy Spirit when I am using scripture in the KJV testifying the role of the Holy Spirit in how He will speak and how He will not speak whereas whatever modern version you are using John 16:13 opposes Romans 8:26-27.
Where does it say that the Holy Spirit CANNOT speak for Himself? I see where He WILL NOT speak on His own authority but only what He hears the Father say... Where does it say He Cannot? Or are you reading this in, and ignoring what the Word actually SAYS?

Active
That was not sarcasm..though obviously, you took it that way. Eph 5:23 does not say that the church is the bride. It says that Christ is the head of the church, and the savior. It does not even mention the bride.
Read Exodus 19:5-6

How come when I click on that scriptural reference of yours, it does not give me the scripture? is that feature at this site down now or what? Anyway,... looking it up, I see this.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

#1. How do you not know this is about the Old Covenant when the emphasis was on Israel as in man to keep? You want to see the difference for the New Covenant? Okay then.. New Covenant is about what God will do; not man.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Now what happens when someone is saved but no longer follows Him? This has been prophesied of what God will do for why God will judge His House first at the pre great trib rapture event when the Bridegroom comes.

Psalm 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him. 29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. 30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; 31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; 32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. 33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. 34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. 35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. 36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me. 37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

That's OSAS right there, brother. That is why when Jesus warned His disciples in Luke 12:40-49 KJV that those cut off to have their portions with unbelievers are still called His servants as they get stripes per the measure for what they knew in not getting ready and fewer stripes for not knowing what they needed in getting ready for the Bridegroom . That is why God is coming to judge His House first because not every one is heeding that call to depart from iniquity which is the same thing as running that race by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lays aide every weight & sin for the high prize of our calling to be received by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor in His House.

Loyal
How come when I click on that scriptural reference of yours, it does not give me the scripture? is that feature at this site down now or what? Anyway,... looking it up, I see this.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

#1. How do you not know this is about the Old Covenant when the emphasis was on Israel as in man to keep? You want to see the difference for the New Covenant? Okay then.. New Covenant is about what God will do; not man.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Now what happens when someone is saved but no longer follows Him? This has been prophesied of what God will do for why God will judge His House first at the pre great trib rapture event when the Bridegroom comes.

Psalm 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him. 29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. 30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; 31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; 32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. 33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. 34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. 35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. 36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me. 37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

That's OSAS right there, brother. That is why when Jesus warned His disciples in Luke 12:40-49 KJV that those cut off to have their portions with unbelievers are still called His servants as they get stripes per the measure for what they knew in not getting ready and fewer stripes for not knowing what they needed in getting ready for the Bridegroom . That is why God is coming to judge His House first because not every one is heeding that call to depart from iniquity which is the same thing as running that race by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lays aide every weight & sin for the high prize of our calling to be received by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor in His House.
Interesting....Let me ask you.....Did you, perchance, go to a bible school?

Active
Where does it say that the Holy Spirit CANNOT speak for Himself? I see where He WILL NOT speak on His own authority but only what He hears the Father say... Where does it say He Cannot? Or are you reading this in, and ignoring what the Word actually SAYS?

Since you prefer to read all modern versions to get to the truth of His words, then read John 16:13 in all versions; Jesus would not bother to say He can only speak what He hears after saying how He cannot speak of Himself, cannot speak on His own authority, cannot speak on His own volition, He cannot speak on His own accord, He cannot speak on His own initiative as He will always be the Spirit of Christ that is speaking and not speaking for Himself as the Holy Ghost.

When Jesus was on earth, the Holy Spirit spoke as the Spirit of the Father. Now that all powers has been given unto the Son and has ascended into Heaven, then the Holy Spirit will speak the words of Christ which are the same as the Father's.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. KJV

Loyal
Since you prefer to read all modern versions to get to the truth of His words, then read John 16:13 in all versions; Jesus would not bother to say He can only speak what He hears after saying how He cannot speak of Himself, cannot speak on His own authority, cannot speak on His own volition, He cannot speak on His own accord, He cannot speak on His own initiative as He will always be the Spirit of Christ that is speaking and not speaking for Himself as the Holy Ghost.

When Jesus was on earth, the Holy Spirit spoke as the Spirit of the Father. Now that all powers has been given unto the Son and has ascended into Heaven, then the Holy Spirit will speak the words of Christ which are the same as the Father's.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. KJV
I don't use the newer versions at all....Why do you think that? Do you? I only reflected back at you what the Bood says. I see you use the ESV Thats a new version.

Active
Interesting....Let me ask you.....Did you, perchance, go to a bible school?

Not presently, but I had a Liberty Home Study Bible course which the Lord had shown me some errors in their footnotes even in their Liberty Annotated Study Bible which happens to be the KJV.

So The Lord Jesus Christ is my teacher through the Holy Spirit in me. We are called to prove all things and not take anything at face value. Scripture cannot go against scripture and that is the reason why the lost books were not accepted as scripture and thus how you can discern which Bible version loved Him to keep His words by noting when scripture in that Bible version is opposing scripture within that same Bible versions since not all Bible versions are saying the same thing.

Only Jesus can prove that to you. I am not pointing to Liberty University for wisdom. I am pointing you to go to Jesus Christ at that throne of grace praying normally for help in not only understanding His words in the KJV but confirming His words in the KJV as the meat you are to go by in these latter days.

Active
I don't use the newer versions at all....Why do you think that? Do you? I only reflected back at you what the Bood says. I see you use the ESV Thats a new version.

Quoted scripture is KJV.

Scriptural references without the KJV next to it when you click on them will be whatever this site has set it to.

Loyal

You do know, don't you, that the entire New Covenant is based on the Old Covenant?

Loyal
Not presently, but I had a Liberty Home Study Bible course which the Lord had shown me some errors in their footnotes even in their Liberty Annotated Study Bible which happens to be the KJV.

So The Lord Jesus Christ is my teacher through the Holy Spirit in me. We are called to prove all things and not take anything at face value. Scripture cannot go against scripture and that is the reason why the lost books were not accepted as scripture and thus how you can discern which Bible version loved Him to keep His words by noting when scripture in that Bible version is opposing scripture within that same Bible versions since not all Bible versions are saying the same thing.

Only Jesus can prove that to you. I am not pointing to Liberty University for wisdom. I am pointing you to go to Jesus Christ at that throne of grace praying normally for help in not only understanding His words in the KJV but confirming His words in the KJV as the meat you are to go by in these latter days.
I'm not criticizing you. I was simply trying to locate the source of your confusion.

Loyal
This is what the bride should be doing and most of us are not doing...
Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV)

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Active
I'm not criticizing you. I was simply trying to locate the source of your confusion.

Well, unless you can site the confusion, I do not know what you are talking about. It doesn't mater if I learned it from someone else, I have to prove what that someone else taught me by the scripture with His help, and He did with Liberty because they were not always rightly dividing the word of truth.

Loyal
Well, unless you can site the confusion, I do not know what you are talking about. It doesn't mater if I learned it from someone else, I have to prove what that someone else taught me by the scripture with His help, and He did with Liberty because they were not always rightly dividing the word of truth.
All right....But your teaching on the bride and thus the rapture is pretty confuzzled. Just saying... There is the current confusion you wanted me to cite.

Active
So JesusIs4Me Let me ask you...Salvation is by faith...That's a prerequisite. What comes automatically in the life walk of a Christian?

You mean what His disciples should be doing for new believers? Teaching us to learn about Jesus Christ in believing in Him as being in us and is with us always to be our Good Shepherd to help us understand His words in the KJV as well as lean on His help all the time for following Him. That is something little children can do and that is all they can do is put their trust in the Lord for all things so they can rest in Him for all they need from Him to follow Him as His disciple.

Loyal
You mean what His disciples should be doing for new believers? Teaching us to learn about Jesus Christ in believing in Him as being in us and is with us always to be our Good Shepherd to help us understand His words in the KJV as well as lean on His help all the time for following Him. That is something little children can do and that is all they can do is put their trust in the Lord for all things so they can rest in Him for all they need from Him to follow Him as His disciple.

I mean..Salvation is not automatic, healing is not automatic, deliverance is not automatic, spiritual growth is not automatic.....What is automatic...How do you become a part of the Bride automatically? You do not.

Active
This is what the bride should be doing and most of us are not doing...
Ecclesiastes 12:13 (KJV)

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

I look to Jesus Christ as my confidence is in Him to finish His work in me as per Philippians 1:6,11 KJV & I look to 1 John 3:22-24 KJV for the commandments as I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd in giving me the power & fruits I need for abiding in Him and in loving others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.