• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Rapture

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE RAPTURE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
The Bride of Christ is the Church. The Church are all the born-again believers who will be raptured up by Christ and the Bride will be united with the Bridegroom for the Marriage Super of the Lamb.

The parable of the 10 virgins represents those who have been warned of the 'coming back of the Groom / Christ' and to be prepared for that. Referring to salvation.

Thank you for sharing, but per the scriptures I had shared earlier is why my concern is legit that not every born again believer will be ready for the Bridegroom when He comes as many will be left behind to be resurreted later on after the great tribulation. So we agree to disagree, sister.

Loyal
There are some things that are more important than agreeing to disagree. WHY would any born-again believer Not be ready for the rapture of the Church. Either a person is born-again or they Aren't. So -- What constitutes salvation is Majorly important.

Active
There are some things that are more important than agreeing to disagree. WHY would any born-again believer Not be ready for the rapture of the Church. Either a person is born-again or they Aren't. So -- What constitutes salvation is Majorly important.

Any iniquity that a believer is in, is an iniquity that denies Him; Titus 1:16 Therefore any believer that is in an unrepentant iniquity that denies Him, is the same as if the believer was verbalizing denying Him and so we all know that if any one denies Him, He will deny them; 2 Timothy 2:12 That is why those who profess Him are being denied by the Lord of Him knowing them because they are workers of iniquity. Matthew 7:21-23 & Luke 13:24-30

In spite of unrepentant believers in iniquity, He still abides in them just as surely He abides in former believers 2 Timothy 2:13 for why even they are still called to depart from iniquity as per 2 Timothy 2:18-21

Jesus cites the iniquity of Matthew 7:21-23 in Matthew 7:13-14 and that iniquity will be ecumenical beng brought into the churches as gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles Matthew 7:15-16 That iniquity is broadening the way in the worship place as the modified Nicene creed of 381 A.D. introduce the practice for all churches to do and that is worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son. By this iniquity is why and how seducing spirits come in when the focus is on the Holy Spirit in the worship place to seduce believers into chasing after them to receive them again after a sign like seeking a baptism of the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues or the evidence of tongues that never comes with interpretation because it is confusion which God is not the author of. This is why those who promote it, will have some seekers fall backwards ( Matthew 7:24-27 ) for not heeding His words of John 14:6 & the warning in Matthew 7:13-14 in getting that "spirit" or that other drink of what they believe was of the One Spirit ( Proverbs 25:26-28 ) that brings that supernatural tongue as found in the world's religions ( 1 John 4:1-6 ) and the occult as per Isaiah 8:19. That is the prophetic warning given in 1 Timothy 4:1-2 and the falling away of the faith event that was to proceed the event of the great tribulation when the son of perdition reveals himself in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12. The reproof of this iniquity at work in Paul's days is reminding believers that we had received the sanctification of the Spirit and the belief of the truth at the calling of the gospel in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 and thus at no other time so believers can test the spirits to know that spirit coming over them later on in life as saved believer is NOT the Holy Spirit for why they fall down as they do in confusion which God is not the author of 1 Corinthians 14:32-33

God is coming to judge His House first because of this falling away from the faith; 1 Peter 4:17-19 KJV and we can trust Him to do a good job in keeping the souls of His saints left behind. 2 Peter 3 rd chapter is Peter warning believers to be diligent because the Lord will judge each believer for the bad and good they do in the body. Those who confess their sins 1 John 1:9 and lean on Him for help to lay aside every weight & sin to be received by Him can trust Him to do that. 1 John 3:3,8 & 2 Timothy 4:18 & Jude 1:24-25 But there is a race to be run Hebrews 12:1-2 and it is NOT for salvation, but for the high prize of our calling to be received by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor in His House.

If you still have doubt after all that, then read Revelation 2:18-29 where a church at Thyatira was warned by God to repent or else be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation. And to those who do not know the utter depths of Satan for which they speak, to hold fast till He comes ( paraphrasing, but His meaning is there ).

Loyal
@JesusIs4Me -- some of what you say is correct and with good Scriptural backing. But a lot of stuff -- even though it Is KJV -- is misapplied -- it's lifted from the context and isn't really saying what you're suggesting it says. And there are those who believe that since they are quoting from the KJV that everything/ anything they say is justified and correct. And, yes, all of God's Word Is correct -- but that does not justify anyone simply taking verses and applying them any way they choose to.

Active
@JesusIs4Me -- some of what you say is correct and with good Scriptural backing. But a lot of stuff -- even though it Is KJV -- is misapplied -- it's lifted from the context and isn't really saying what you're suggesting it says. And there are those who believe that since they are quoting from the KJV that everything/ anything they say is justified and correct. And, yes, all of God's Word Is correct -- but that does not justify anyone simply taking verses and applying them any way they choose to.

I do not believe I am under the mentality that anything I say is correct. I can be corrected by scripture and I have been in another forum regarding the Giver of Life wherein the Father is mentioned as giving that life in John 6:32 whereas I was only seeing John 6:33 as Jesus being the bread of life that gives life to the world. Still, I see as being His disciples is to preach Jesus Christ the Good News to man as the gospel of Jesus Christ is how sinners hear and believe to be saved by Jesus Christ.

Anyway, point being, I can be corrected by scripture even by the KJV. So if there is a correction be had by the scripture in the KJV for my misapplication, please feel free to do so because that is the only way I can learn and be edified in being a better witness of Him and of the truths in His words. Thank you for sharing.

Active

BTW Sue.. be sure to check those scriptural references in the KJV. I will repost the whole thing in putting the KJV after each scriptural reference.

Any iniquity that a believer is in, is an iniquity that denies Him; Titus 1:16 KJV Therefore any believer that is in an unrepentant iniquity that denies Him, is the same as if the believer was verbalizing denying Him and so we all know that if any one denies Him, He will deny them; 2 Timothy 2:12 KJV That is why those who profess Him are being denied by the Lord of Him knowing them because they are workers of iniquity. Matthew 7:21-23 KJV & Luke 13:24-30 KJV

In spite of unrepentant believers in iniquity, He still abides in them just as surely He abides in former believers 2 Timothy 2:13 KJV for why even they are still called to depart from iniquity as per 2 Timothy 2:18-21 KJV

Jesus cites the iniquity of Matthew 7:21-23 KJV is Matthew 7:13-14 KJV and that iniquity will be ecumenical being brought into the churches as gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles Matthew 7:15-16 KJV That iniquity is broadening the way in the worship place as the modified Nicene creed of 381 A.D. introduce the practice for all churches to do and that is worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son. By this iniquity is why and how seducing spirits come in when the focus is on the Holy Spirit in the worship place to seduce believers into chasing after them to receive them again after a sign like seeking a baptism of the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues or the evidence of tongues that never comes with interpretation because it is confusion which God is not the author of. This is why those who promote it, will have some seekers fall backwards ( Matthew 7:24-27 KJV ) for not heeding His words of John 14:6 & the warning in Matthew 7:13-14 in getting that "spirit" or that other drink of what they believe was of the One Spirit ( Proverbs 25:26-28 ) that brings that supernatural tongue as found in the world's religions ( 1 John 4:1-6 KJV ) and the occult as per Isaiah 8:19. That is the prophetic warning given in 1 Timothy 4:1-2 and the falling away of the faith event that was to proceed the event of the great tribulation when the son of perdition reveals himself in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 KJV . The reproof of this iniquity at work in Paul's days is reminding believers that we had received the sanctification of the Spirit and the belief of the truth at the calling of the gospel in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 KJV and thus at no other time so believers can test the spirits to know that spirit coming over them later on in life as saved believer is NOT the Holy Spirit for why they fall down as they do in confusion which God is not the author of 1 Corinthians 14:32-33 KJV

God is coming to judge His House first because of this falling away from the faith; 1 Peter 4:17-19 KJV and we can trust Him to do a good job in keeping the souls of His saints left behind. 2 Peter 3:3-14 KJV is Peter warning believers to be diligent because the Lord will judge each believer for the bad and good they do in the body. Those who confess their sins 1 John 1:9 and lean on Him for help to lay aside every weight & sin to be received by Him can trust Him to do that. 1 John 3:3,8 KJV & 2 Timothy 4:18 KJV & Jude 1:24-25 KJV But there is a race to be run Hebrews 12:1-2 KJV and it is NOT for salvation, but for the high prize of our calling to be received by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor in His House.

If you still have doubt after all that, then read Revelation 2:18-29 KJV where a church at Thyatira was warned by God to repent or else be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation. And to those who do not know the utter depths of Satan for which they speak, to hold fast till He comes ( paraphrasing, but His meaning is there ).

Loyal
The Bride of Christ is the Church. The Church are all the born-again believers who will be raptured up by Christ and the Bride will be united with the Bridegroom for the Marriage Super of the Lamb.

The parable of the 10 virgins represents those who have been warned of the 'coming back of the Groom / Christ' and to be prepared for that. Referring to salvation.
Can you give scriptures proving that the church is the bride? Or does the bride come out of the church?

Loyal
Bendito -- all born-again believers are the Church and the Church is the of Christ.
I'm looking for scriptures to back that up. I want to know if its God's Word or mans teaching. If it's man's teaching, then we've messed up on a lot of scriptures

Last edited:
Loyal
A.D. introduce the practice for all churches to do and that is worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son. By this iniquity is why and how seducing spirits come in when the focus is on the Holy Spirit in the worship place to seduce believers into chasing after them to receive them again after a sign like seeking a baptism of the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues or the evidence of tongues that never comes with interpretation because it is confusion which God is not the author of. This is why those who promote it, will have some seekers fall
How do you come up with this stuff?

Loyal
I'm looking for scriptures to back that up. I want to know if its God's Word or mans teaching. If it's man's teaching, then we've messed up on a lot of scriptures

Yes, it's God's Word. Mankind would Not be teaching most of what God's Word Is teaching.

And there's probably not a 'single' Scripture passage that says that -- but a combination Of - which put together makes That a fact.

Loyal
How do you come up with this stuff?
Yes, it's God's Word. Mankind would Not be teaching most of what God's Word Is teaching.

And there's probably not a 'single' Scripture passage that says that -- but a combination Of - which put together makes That a fact.
Stringing scriptures together can give one any number of results....

God took my Lady and I out of the organized church thirty years ago, or more. And as time goes by I get more and more grateful for that...Now I would not recommend anyone quits going to church unless God brings them out, but for us it was a move of God.

Loyal
It's lifting verses by themselves out of context that causes problems.

I meant that Scripture builds on itself -- that's how Bible doctrines are formed. Major teachings in God's Word.

Scripture in Hebrews tells us of the importance Of getting together with other believers on a regular basis. We build each other up in the faith, encourage each other. Learn from each other. :)

Loyal
It's lifting verses by themselves out of context that causes problems.

I meant that Scripture builds on itself -- that's how Bible doctrines are formed. Major teachings in God's Word.

Scripture in Hebrews tells us of the importance Of getting together with other believers on a regular basis. We build each other up in the faith, encourage each other. Learn from each other. :smile:
You're right about how bible doctrines are formed...Yet many churches and denominations will take the verses, and 'interpret' them in a way that is more comfortable to them, and wind up with a doctrine that is NOT Word.

Yes God did say to not forsake the gathering of ourselves with other believers. My family for example; I am a believer, my Lady is a believer, our daughter is a believer, the Holy Spirit is a believer.....We do not stand isolated at all, and the Holy Spirit does not teach us ungodly doctrines...We've grown a lot over the years and usually right in line with the others, even, sometimes, ahead of the others.

Active

Here are some of God's words in the KJV testifying to the church being the bride of Christ's.

John 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Matthew 25:1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Revelation 21:9And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revelation 22:17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Loyal
Here are some of God's words in the KJV testifying to the church being the bride of Christ's.

John 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Matthew 25:1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Revelation 21:9And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revelation 22:17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Did you read these verses? Yes? Good. Explain to me then how these verses say that all of the church is the bride? All are saved, but where does it say that all the church is the bride? Not all the church is the bride.

Loyal
With His help by applying scripture in discerning good and evil by the meat of His words as kept in the KJV in these latter days where faith is hard to find.
Well when you down play Speaking in The Spirit and the importance of the Holy Spirit then yeah faith is hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.