• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The preachers getting rich from poor Americans

Loyal
I'm curious as to why Christians are so disobedient to the Word, criticizing Gods anointed...This goes against the Word and is encouraged by so many "believers" and allowed by this Christian Forum. Why is that?
Amen and Good Question.
The article on KCM is far from truth.

Scripture says don't judge LEST you be judged.
That means when you judge satan has the legal right to have you judged which means you gave him a door.

Scripture also says it is God who can make His servants stand or fall.

Loyal
Dave, here is a study that was done in Seattle for a program "Seattle is Dying" (You can see it on YouTube) This study takes only a hundred people living on the streets as a sample. Why don't you check out this study and show me how poverty made these people more godly. How did poverty induce these people to seek God? Come on Dave! You've been sharing for years how good poverty is for the people of this planet. Time to put up. I love you too Brother Here is the study.....chttps://thecisforcrank.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/system-failure-prolific-offender-report-feb-2019.pdfalled

Staff Member
But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.
1 John 3:17-18

Loyal
But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.
1 John 3:17-18
Oh Yeah! I know of one couple who were on the streets and had three children. They were staying in a ten foot travel trailer....Ten feet! They approached one church and asked if they could park in the church parking lot for a couple days....They were promptly chased away....Where was the love? Its not just the rich TV preachers.

Staff Member
Oh Yeah! I know of one couple who were on the streets and had three children. They were staying in a ten foot travel trailer....Ten feet! They approached one church and asked if they could park in the church parking lot for a couple days....They were promptly chased away....Where was the love? Its not just the rich TV preachers.

That's true......and very sad.

Loyal
to be godly be content weather rich or poor is the key

1 Timothy 6:6-8
Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

Philippians 4:11-12
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

the problem with riches is it leads you to always wanting more, and relying on the riches instead of God. Now if we can learn to be content in either situation poor or rich that is godliness according to how I see the scripture posted above.

I can find so many versus about the pitfalls of desiring to be rich, and all the traps and snares that come from being rich that are in the bible,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we are warned about people who peddle Gods word

2 Corinthians 2:17
For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.

We alre also warned people will have preachers that tell them what they want to here, not what we need to here

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the bible is clear about the warning of being rich so I urge anyone listening to a preacher that only talks about what God can do for them, and not about the warnings of being rich to be very discerning

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have
, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

James 5:1-
Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. ..
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Matthew 6:19-21
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Proverbs 23:4-5
Do not toil to acquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist. When your eyes light on it, it is gone, for suddenly it sprouts wings, flying like an eagle toward heaven.

there are lots more teaching in the bible of desiring wealth and all the pitfalls about it
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________---

, but there is also truth that some will be rich and God does not condemn us for being rich (yet warns over and over again in the bible of all the traps and snares associated with being rich) he tells us to be generous, seems if we are rich it is because of God and we better be very generous, and careful not be proud and think it is because of yourself. and by the way if you make 40k a year you are among the riches people on the planet Global Rich List how generous are you?

1 Timothy 6:17-19
As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

Loyal
to be godly be content weather rich or poor is the key

1 Timothy 6:6-8
Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

Philippians 4:11-12
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

the problem with riches is it leads you to always wanting more, and relying on the riches instead of God. Now if we can learn to be content in either situation poor or rich that is godliness according to how I see the scripture posted above.

I can find so many versus about the pitfalls of desiring to be rich, and all the traps and snares that come from being rich that are in the bible,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we are warned about people who peddle Gods word

2 Corinthians 2:17
For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.

We alre also warned people will have preachers that tell them what they want to here, not what we need to here

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the bible is clear about the warning of being rich so I urge anyone listening to a preacher that only talks about what God can do for them, and not about the warnings of being rich to be very discerning

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

James 5:1-
Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. ..
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Matthew 6:19-21
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Proverbs 23:4-5
Do not toil to acquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist. When your eyes light on it, it is gone, for suddenly it sprouts wings, flying like an eagle toward heaven.

there are lots more teaching in the bible of desiring wealth and all the pitfalls about it
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________---

, but there is also truth that some will be rich and God does not condemn us for being rich (yet warns over and over again in the bible of all the traps and snares associated with being rich) he tells us to be generous, seems if we are rich it is because of God and we better be very generous, and careful not be proud and think it is because of yourself. and by the way if you make 40k a year you are among the riches people on the planet Global Rich List how generous are you?

1 Timothy 6:17-19
As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.
While alll you say is true, Dave, It does not apply to everybody....THere are many many super rich people who give millions simply because they can....Copeland for example gives millions of his own money,,,where most churches take the money that comes in and use it, or simply bank it, Copelands churches tithes of its income before its uses any. does your church do that? I know that your church supports many good missions but so does Copelands church, and they still titihe.
Then too, as to urging the rich folk not to be haughty....Thats good too, (of course it is, its scripture) but you can teach the same to the poor people. I've known many rich people in my life and truly the most haughty people I've known were poor. Nobody is free of the problems that the rich face....There is a spirit of poverty and it attacks the poor. The same spriti attacks the rich...Pride attacks the poor and the rich as well.... So why target the rich.....Lets be politically correct here and target all equally. (Joke).

Loyal
Mark 12:
41 Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much. 42 Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans. 43 So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood.”

It doesnt matter if a rich person gives more than most of us, and its not about giving just money. This is obvious. Giving a coat or a meal to a homeless person is greater in many ways than giving to the new church bldg fund. Paying an overdue electric bill or water bill or a couple bags of groceries is better than giving money to someone who may not spend it wisely. We shouldnt just look at old testament rules in scripture for what we should give when we shouldnt live by OT rules given to the jews. Again, all obvious. As long as we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in giving or giving above and beyond what the Holy Spirit asks of us is what we should strive for.

Loyal
Mark 12:
41 Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much. 42 Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans. 43 So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood.”

It doesnt matter if a rich person gives more than most of us, and its not about giving just money. This is obvious. Giving a coat or a meal to a homeless person is greater in many ways than giving to the new church bldg fund. Paying an overdue electric bill or water bill or a couple bags of groceries is better than giving money to someone who may not spend it wisely. We shouldnt just look at old testament rules in scripture for what we should give when we shouldnt live by OT rules given to the jews. Again, all obvious. As long as we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in giving or giving above and beyond what the Holy Spirit asks of us is what we should strive for.

@Brad Huber ad I was thinking of this today, it seems two mites are worth more in the kingdom of God them millions if given with the correct heart !!

Loyal
That's true......and very sad.

As for the couple with the three kids and the church's parking lot. they were denied access. Well -- there was probably good reason. It's Possible that other area pastors were being warned about them. It Does sound sad and maybe unloving, but sometimes people go out of their way to cause problems and use their kids to cause problems.

Loyal

My comments were actually meant for 'this' post. As I just commented to the other post. There was probably a reason they were chased away. How do people Get in their particular situations. Sometimes it's tough love that needs to be practiced. A person Does feel sorry for the three kids.

Loyal
My comments were actually meant for 'this' post. As I just commented to the other post. There was probably a reason they were chased away. How do people Get in their particular situations. Sometimes it's tough love that needs to be practiced. A person Does feel sorry for the three kids.
Yeah...There's always a good excuse isn't there?

Loyal
Copelands churches tithes of its income before its uses any. does your church do that

my former church did 18% last year, I recently left that church, but thing I admired about them was there giving 10% seems very low to me

Loyal
my former church did 18% last year, I recently left that church, but thing I admired about them was there giving 10% seems very low to me
Thats the church as an entity tithing 18 %? That's awesome. It's a rare thing to see a church tithe.

Staff Member
As for the couple with the three kids and the church's parking lot. they were denied access. Well -- there was probably good reason. It's Possible that other area pastors were being warned about them. It Does sound sad and maybe unloving, but sometimes people go out of their way to cause problems and use their kids to cause problems.

Sadly @Sue D. my experience of many churches is that there is little love for the poor and needy.
And many churches will be thinking of their reputation and image rather than the needs of others.

Loyal
I Do recall the incoming new pastor who Did pose as a homeless person just to see how the new congregation would greet / treat him. It Was a negative eye-opener for both the pastor And the congregation.

Having said that -- there are the genuinely homeless people who really Do need help and are grateful For help and do all they can to be productive people. Unfortunately there are Also those who have become homeless and are trouble-makers, have 'attitude' towards their personal homelessness -- and maybe they're here illegally and simply want others to 'wallow' with them. And maybe they use whatever funds are given to them, for alcohol , drugs, etc. A person Does feel sorry for the children involved. And, yes, they Do have a soul and Do need salvation. And maybe pastors and lay people Have reached out to them , but they are content in their mess.

@Bendito -- it's not that 'there's always an excuse, isn't there'. In this day and age there Are people - rich And poor who are determined To cause problems. And, yes, we Are to help the homeless, and hungry and the widows and orphans. And, Being a widow -- as of 8 almost 9 months now -- I've found it Very hard To get help with much of Anything. It seems that as long as a widow has Any family around and isn't actively starving or in need of bills being paid Now or loosing a home -- they are pretty much left on their own -- Unless they are of the more popular people in a church.

Sometimes people are homeless because of bad decisions they've made and their kids would be better off in loving foster homes that aren't especially available. And some are on drugs / have mental problems and still have kids with them. And they end up going from church to church and getting whatever help Is available and sometimes that isn't really very much Being available.

And there Are those who don't really see themselves As poor / homeless. They are okay With having very basic needs Being met.

Scripture says that the poor and homeless will always be with us as well as the rich -- so -- how are people Spiritually. And many areas have their soup kitchens.

So Bendito -- do You help out at your local food kitchen or able / willing to help set one up in your area? Or a homeless shelter.

Loyal
I Do recall the incoming new pastor who Did pose as a homeless person just to see how the new congregation would greet / treat him. It Was a negative eye-opener for both the pastor And the congregation.

Having said that -- there are the genuinely homeless people who really Do need help and are grateful For help and do all they can to be productive people. Unfortunately there are Also those who have become homeless and are trouble-makers, have 'attitude' towards their personal homelessness -- and maybe they're here illegally and simply want others to 'wallow' with them. And maybe they use whatever funds are given to them, for alcohol , drugs, etc. A person Does feel sorry for the children involved. And, yes, they Do have a soul and Do need salvation. And maybe pastors and lay people Have reached out to them , but they are content in their mess.

@Bendito -- it's not that 'there's always an excuse, isn't there'. In this day and age there Are people - rich And poor who are determined To cause problems. And, yes, we Are to help the homeless, and hungry and the widows and orphans. And, Being a widow -- as of 8 almost 9 months now -- I've found it Very hard To get help with much of Anything. It seems that as long as a widow has Any family around and isn't actively starving or in need of bills being paid Now or loosing a home -- they are pretty much left on their own -- Unless they are of the more popular people in a church.

Sometimes people are homeless because of bad decisions they've made and their kids would be better off in loving foster homes that aren't especially available. And some are on drugs / have mental problems and still have kids with them. And they end up going from church to church and getting whatever help Is available and sometimes that isn't really very much Being available.

And there Are those who don't really see themselves As poor / homeless. They are okay With having very basic needs Being met.

Scripture says that the poor and homeless will always be with us as well as the rich -- so -- how are people Spiritually. And many areas have their soup kitchens.

So Bendito -- do You help out at your local food kitchen or able / willing to help set one up in your area? Or a homeless shelter.
I love to help out as I'm able....I contribute to the food banks as I'm able...I do as I preach.