• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The false god in many Christian churches today.

Loyal
What is a false god? An idol, a god you yourself make.
There is the God of the Bible, and there is the god that many Christian churches speak of today. They are not the same God.

There is a god that many churches preach about, he loves everyone, he forgives everyone, he won't send anyone to hell, in fact there probably isn't a hell according to these churches.
There is a Jesus that doesn't care how you live, or what you do, or how much you sin, or even if you ever repent.

I have attended a few of these churches. I see messages from prevalent pastors that believe these things, they are all over the internet and youtube.
I see these kind of messages posted almost everyday here on TalkJesus. But this god and this Jesus aren't the god of the Bible. They are an idol, a false god, a god made up to be what
people want them to be, instead of what the Bible says God is.

What is the gospel? What is this good news? That everyone who believes in Jesus will be saved? No, that's a false teaching. We call the first four books of the New Testament the gospels.
These are the life and teachings of Jesus. Most Bibles record everything Jesus says in red letters. Have you ever stopped to read just the red letters? Just the teachings of Jesus?

I'm not saying the others books written by the apostles aren't important and don't matter, but are you building your foundation on an apostle, or on Jesus?
Who is your savior? Paul or Jesus? Which one is God? Paul or Jesus? Anything these other books teach is in addition to the teachings of Jesus. The words of Jesus are the words of eternal life.
The teachings or Paul are never called the words of eternal life. The words of Jesus are the foundation everything else is built on. Matt 7:24-27;

Jesus said His sheep follow Him. He didn't say they follow Paul or anyone else. I'm not trying to divide the Bible here. In fact, I don't believe there is anything to divide.
But some churches only preach Paul and ignore everything Jesus said, some claim Jesus's teachings don't even apply to them. (How far off can you get?)
I believe everything Paul and the apostle wrote agree with Jesus's teachings, but many churches put the wrong emphasis and wrong priority on the Bible. You need to know Jesus's
teachings before you learn the epistles. If you turn them upside down, your theology will be upside down.

Go back and read the red letters again. Jesus was a bit of a legalist. Jesus said repent or else. Jesus said there is a hell. Jesus said few will find the narrow gate, and many will find the path to destruction.
Jesus didn't beg anyone to come to Him. In fact He told the disciples if people listen to you, that's great, if they don't wipe your feet off and move on. Jesus said not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter the kingdom of Heaven.
Jesus said some people will run out of oil and the door will be shut on them. Jesus said some of his servants will be wicked and lazy and they will cast out. Jesus said some will believe for a while and then fall away.

Many churches don't preach this Jesus anymore, if they preach Jesus at all. They don't talk about repentance, sin or hell or eternal damnation. These teachers will face a stricter judgment.
Even Paul, Peter and Jude warn about false teachers who creep into the church and turn grace into a license to sin.

The things God used to let slide and "wink at".. He is not letting slide anymore. Acts 17:30;
They like to preach John 3:16; but they stop before they get to John 3:36; These aren't full gospel churches, they are "half-truth" churches. A half-truth is still a full lie.

Some churches teach that because you have the Holy Spirit in you, you are allowed to sin more... they call this grace. How far off can you be?
The Bible says some people in the old testament were sinless and blameless. Gen 6:9; Job 1:1; Luke 1:6; etc...
These people didn't have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them... how much more should we who have the Holy Spirit be living righteously?

So who are you following? The God and Jesus of the Bible or an idol that someone made to be a god?

There is the God of the Bible, and there is the god that many Christian churches speak of today. They are not the same God.

There is a god that many churches preach about, he loves everyone, he forgives everyone, he won't send anyone to hell, in fact there probably isn't a hell according to these churches.
There is a Jesus that doesn't care how you live, or what you do, or how much you sin, or even if you ever repent.

I have attended a few of these churches. I see messages from prevalent pastors that believe these things, they are all over the internet and youtube.
I see these kind of messages posted almost everyday here on TalkJesus. But this god and this Jesus aren't the god of the Bible. They are an idol, a false god, a god made up to be what

What is the gospel? What is this good news? That everyone who believes in Jesus will be saved? No, that's a false teaching. We call the first four books of the New Testament the gospels.
These are the life and teachings of Jesus. Most Bibles record everything Jesus says in red letters. Have you ever stopped to read just the red letters? Just the teachings of Jesus?

I'm not saying the others books written by the apostles aren't important and don't matter, but are you building your foundation on an apostle, or on Jesus?
Who is your savior? Paul or Jesus? Which one is God? Paul or Jesus? Anything these other books teach is in addition to the teachings of Jesus. The words of Jesus are the words of eternal life.
The teachings or Paul are never called the words of eternal life. The words of Jesus are the foundation everything else is built on. Matt 7:24-27;

Jesus said His sheep follow Him. He didn't say they follow Paul or anyone else. I'm not trying to divide the Bible here. In fact, I don't believe there is anything to divide.
But some churches only preach Paul and ignore everything Jesus said, some claim Jesus's teachings don't even apply to them. (How far off can you get?)
I believe everything Paul and the apostle wrote agree with Jesus's teachings, but many churches put the wrong emphasis and wrong priority on the Bible. You need to know Jesus's
teachings before you learn the epistles. If you turn them upside down, your theology will be upside down.

Go back and read the red letters again. Jesus was a bit of a legalist. Jesus said repent or else. Jesus said there is a hell. Jesus said few will find the narrow gate, and many will find the path to destruction.
Jesus didn't beg anyone to come to Him. In fact He told the disciples if people listen to you, that's great, if they don't wipe your feet off and move on. Jesus said not everyone who calls Him Lord will enter the kingdom of Heaven.
Jesus said some people will run out of oil and the door will be shut on them. Jesus said some of his servants will be wicked and lazy and they will cast out. Jesus said some will believe for a while and then fall away.

Many churches don't preach this Jesus anymore, if they preach Jesus at all. They don't talk about repentance, sin or hell or eternal damnation. These teachers will face a stricter judgment.
Even Paul, Peter and Jude warn about false teachers who creep into the church and turn grace into a license to sin.

The things God used to let slide and "wink at".. He is not letting slide anymore. Acts 17:30;
They like to preach John 3:16; but they stop before they get to John 3:36; These aren't full gospel churches, they are "half-truth" churches. A half-truth is still a full lie.

Some churches teach that because you have the Holy Spirit in you, you are allowed to sin more... they call this grace. How far off can you be?
The Bible says some people in the old testament were sinless and blameless. Gen 6:9; Job 1:1; Luke 1:6; etc...
These people didn't have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them... how much more should we who have the Holy Spirit be living righteously?

So who are you following? The God and Jesus of the Bible or an idol that someone made to be a god?
What you say is absolutely true.

Loyal
Amen you are a blessing to this sight Ray,, merry christmas to you and yours !!

Good works are a result of salvation, not a requirement.[1][2] We are enabled to do the works Jesus Christ commanded us by having faith in Him.[2] However, using salvation as a license to sin will only reveal ulterior motives, and the motive matters more than the deed.[3] If one truly loves Jesus Christ, that person will follow His commands to the best of His ability.[4] Best part is, making inevitable mistakes will no longer be a literal death sentence.[5]

[1] Acts 15:5-11, 16:25-34, Ephesians 2:1-10, John 3:16-18, [2] John 6:22-40, [3] Matthew 5:13-16, 6:1-8, 6:16-18, Romans 6:1-23, [4] James 2:14-26, John 14:15-31, [5] John 3:16-18, Matthew 5:17-20, Romans 8:1-17

Active
Is it a righteous thing to teach young children the doctrines of hell, or the doctrines of the way of good man and good woman?

What's happening to Churches? Before and after the Reformation protestants identified the Papacy as the Antichrist. They believed he is Paul's man of sin sitting in the Temple (the Church) exalting himself above all that is called God as the Vicar of Christ. Which means in place of Christ. This is what Antichrist means too.

He is still seated in the Temple through the false doctrines of Free Will, the basis of Catholic works salvation. And Dispensationalism. The false doctrine the Jesuits created to deceive protestants into looking for a future Antichrist instead.

Loyal
Is it a righteous thing to teach young children the doctrines of hell, or the doctrines of the way of good man and good woman?

why does it have to one or the other, the whole council of God should be taught, the start of wisdom is the fear of God.

Loyal

Did Jesus leave out hell? He speaks of hell more than everyone else in the Bible put together.
If we don't tell those living in sin what is waiting for them, are we doing them any favors?
I don't know that I would start of small children with the doctrine of hell, but on the other hand, I definitely wouldn't leave it out of any teen or adult teachings.

Loyal
Good works are a result of salvation, not a requirement.

Good works may not get you into the kingdom heaven, ( that is debatable -- Works revisited ) but bad works will definitely keep you out.

1Cor 6:9; Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
1Cor 6:10; nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 6:7; Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

Gal 5:19 ; Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Gal 5:20; idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
Gal 5:21; envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Matt 7:21; "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matt 7:22; "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
Matt 7:23; "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

John 5:28; "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
John 5:29; and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Rom 2:5; But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
Rom 2:6; who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:

Rom 8:13; for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

2Cor 5:10; For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Tit 1:16; They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

Rev 20:12; And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
Rev 20:13; And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27; but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

Matt 5:29; "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Good works may not get you into the kingdom heaven, ( that is debatable -- Works revisited ) but bad works will definitely keep you out.

1Cor 6:9; Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
1Cor 6:10; nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 6:7; Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

Gal 5:19 ; Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
Gal 5:20; idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
Gal 5:21; envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Matt 7:21; "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matt 7:22; "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
Matt 7:23; "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

John 5:28; "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
John 5:29; and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Rom 2:5; But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
Rom 2:6; who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS:

Rom 8:13; for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

2Cor 5:10; For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Tit 1:16; They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

Rev 20:12; And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
Rev 20:13; And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27; but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

Matt 5:29; "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Rev 21:8; "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Yes, I agree. Continuing willful sin after accepting Jesus Christ into one's own life only shows ulterior motives, and the motive matters more than the actual deed.[1] This only amounts to hypocrisy and the Bible makes it very clear about what God thinks of hypocrisy.[2] I have seen way too many Protestants use salvation as a license to sin.[3]

One personal anecdote is a topic on another Christian forum calling stressed out college students "snowflakes", which is a slur I really want people to stop using. No matter how much I counter their arguments with evidence from Scripture and secular studies, their only argument was, "Anyone under age 40 = Snowflake!" Eventually, I told them that if they really think they have a right to treat people however they want, then they better get their kicks while they still can. They will never be allowed to do this in Heaven. After that, I walked out of that topic.

HOWEVER, be very careful not to make it about works either. It's very easy to fall into the legalism trap which opens all sorts of doors, like it did to the Pharisees.[4] Ultimately, the best way to fight against sin to is actually love others as yourself, treat them as you want to be treated, never do things to others you wouldn't want done to yourself. This is the second greatest commandment, after loving God with all our of being.[5] Therefore, the most effective tool in fighting against sin? Empathy!

[1] Matthew 6:1-24, Proverbs 21:2, 1 Samuel 16:4-7
[2] James 1:19-27, 1 John 4:7-21, Matthew 15:1-20
[3] Romans 6:1-23
[4] Luke 5:17-32, 6:1-11, Mark 3:1-6, Matthew 9:1-13, 12:1-14, Romans 5:1-11
[5] Deuteronomy 5:1-22, Exodus 20:1-17, Galatians 5:13-26, Luke 10:25-37, Mark 12:28-34, Matthew 22:34-40, Romans 13:8-10

Loyal

I like the way you talk, here, the power of God is on your words here, and your words are "Anointed" here, and running over in "Oil":pensive: and "Rich". and I feel coating as it coats my heart. and I thank you for your suffering and obedience.:pensive: in GOD, as we sit down at His table, here, hallelujah Thank you Jesus, "The True Assembly" The "Congregation of GOD" where time does not exist and that no one can enter, here, but His people.

Good works are a result of salvation, not a requirement.[1][2] We are enabled to do the works Jesus Christ commanded us by having faith in Him.[2] However, using salvation as a license to sin will only reveal ulterior motives, and the motive matters more than the deed.[3] If one truly loves Jesus Christ, that person will follow His commands to the best of His ability.[4] Best part is, making inevitable mistakes will no longer be a literal death sentence.[5]

[1] Acts 15:5-11, 16:25-34, Ephesians 2:1-10, John 3:16-18, [2] John 6:22-40, [3] Matthew 5:13-16, 6:1-8, 6:16-18, Romans 6:1-23, [4] James 2:14-26, John 14:15-31, [5] John 3:16-18, Matthew 5:17-20, Romans 8:1-17
James says faith without works is dead so I do think that doing the works of Jesus meaning to walk and live like he did is a requirement.

Yes, I agree. Continuing willful sin after accepting Jesus Christ into one's own life only shows ulterior motives, and the motive matters more than the actual deed.[1] This only amounts to hypocrisy and the Bible makes it very clear about what God thinks of hypocrisy.[2] I have seen way too many Protestants use salvation as a license to sin.[3]

One personal anecdote is a topic on another Christian forum calling stressed out college students "snowflakes", which is a slur I really want people to stop using. No matter how much I counter their arguments with evidence from Scripture and secular studies, their only argument was, "Anyone under age 40 = Snowflake!" Eventually, I told them that if they really think they have a right to treat people however they want, then they better get their kicks while they still can. They will never be allowed to do this in Heaven. After that, I walked out of that topic.

HOWEVER, be very careful not to make it about works either. It's very easy to fall into the legalism trap which opens all sorts of doors, like it did to the Pharisees.[4] Ultimately, the best way to fight against sin to is actually love others as yourself, treat them as you want to be treated, never do things to others you wouldn't want done to yourself. This is the second greatest commandment, after loving God with all our of being.[5] Therefore, the most effective tool in fighting against sin? Empathy!

[1] Matthew 6:1-24, Proverbs 21:2, 1 Samuel 16:4-7
[2] James 1:19-27, 1 John 4:7-21, Matthew 15:1-20
[3] Romans 6:1-23
[4] Luke 5:17-32, 6:1-11, Mark 3:1-6, Matthew 9:1-13, 12:1-14, Romans 5:1-11
[5] Deuteronomy 5:1-22, Exodus 20:1-17, Galatians 5:13-26, Luke 10:25-37, Mark 12:28-34, Matthew 22:34-40, Romans 13:8-10

Legalism is an odd subject since part of it suggests not following the law which Jesus came to fullfill not abolish. We must fulfill the law through the teachings and standards of Jesus and not through church traditions.

Mark 7:9 Then he said, “You skillfully sidestep God’s law in order to hold on to your own tradition.

The issue is not legalism it’s traditionalists this is what the Pharisees did.

Loyal
The issue is not legalism

True, the word legalism isn't in the Bible. The Bible doesn't warn about legalists... it warns about "Gracists".

Jude 1:4; For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

2Pet 2:17; These are springs without water and mists driven by a storm, for whom the black darkness has been reserved.
2Pet 2:18; For speaking out arrogant words of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality, those who barely escape from the ones who live in error,
2Pet 2:19; promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.

True, the word legalism isn't in the Bible. The Bible doesn't warn about legalists... it warns about "Gracists".

Jude 1:4; For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

2Pet 2:17; These are springs without water and mists driven by a storm, for whom the black darkness has been reserved.
2Pet 2:18; For speaking out arrogant words of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality, those who barely escape from the ones who live in error,
2Pet 2:19; promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.