• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

audio The Command to be Perfect

Administrator
Staff Member

While being “perfect” may sound like an impossible task, today Derek has made that goal seem not only possible, but also attainable. God has given us definite steps to attain that goal, not something vague or imprecise, but rather clear and practical steps we can take to reach the goal He has set for us. We are going to cover a lot of ground today so you may want to grab and pen and notepad.

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't know Derek, but didn't Jesus explain everything that needs to be explained?

Christ through the Holy Spirit has also given pastors the gift to teach the body of Christ (church). Derek Prince was a preacher/evangelist for a long time before his passing and a Scripturally sound teacher that is.

Loyal
Christ through the Holy Spirit has also given pastors the gift to teach the body of Christ (church). Derek Prince was a preacher/evangelist for a long time before his passing and a Scripturally sound teacher that is.
Thank you! Your OP kind of left it hanging. I have heard of him.

Active

RJ

Back to the original thread "The Command to be perfect"
Jesus was the only perfect one. Personally, the only perfect thing about me, is Jesus in me.
Striving yes, obeying definitely but, I do not have any visions of grandeur with my regards to my capacity for protection. I think that is why Paul gave us Romans 8:1.
When my imperfection has gone and the perfection has come, I will stand face to face to God and he will glorify. But, now, by God's standards, I would have to be perfect 24/7 without failing one of his elements of perfection less I fail to be perfect at all!

Administrator
Staff Member
The word perfect, from the Greek means teleios

Strong's Concordance G5046

Outline of Biblical Usage
  1. brought to its end, finished
  2. wanting nothing necessary to completeness
  3. perfect
  4. that which is perfect
Perfect (Adjective and Verb), Perfectly:
signifies "having reached its end" (telos), "finished, complete, perfect." It is used

(I) of persons,
(a) primarily of physical development, then, with ethical import, "fully grown, mature," 1Cr 2:6; 14:20 ("men;" marg., "of full age"); Eph 4:13; Phl 3:15; Col 1:28; 4:12; in Hbr 5:14, RV, "fullgrown" (marg., "perfect"), AV, "of full age" (marg., "perfect");
(b) "complete," conveying the idea of goodness without necessary reference to maturity or what is expressed under (a), Mat 5:48; 19:21; Jam 1:4 (2nd part); 3:2. It is used thus of God in Mat 5:48;
(II) of "things, complete, perfect," Rom 12:2; 1Cr 13:10 (referring to the complete revelation of God's will and ways, whether in the completed Scriptures or in the hereafter); Jam 1:4 (of the work of patience); Jam 1:25; 1Jo 4:18.​

Active

RJ

• brought to its end, finished
  • wanting nothing necessary to completeness
  • perfect
  • that which is perfect
(II) of "things, complete, perfect," Rom 12:2; 1Cr 13:10 (referring to the complete revelation of God's will and ways, whether in the completed Scriptures or in the hereafter); Jam 1:4 (of the work of patience); Jam 1:25; 1Jo 4:18.
I have love this description of perfection from the first time I read it!:
1 Corinthians 13: 8-13
Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.9 For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;10 but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood.
Face to face and understanding fully, now that is the perfection I seek!

Active
When it comes to understanding the Greek, I find Derek Prince to be quite the resource. I've learned a lot from his ministry.

Administrator
Staff Member
When it comes to understanding the Greek, I find Derek Prince to be quite the resource. I've learned a lot from his ministry.

He was an amazing preacher. Just found about him a few months ago. Not by coincidence, but I believe the Holy Spirit directing me to him. His teaching is sound, simple and precise. The full truth in simplicity.