• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Stop and Think...don't brush this aside

Loyal
Thinking

Have you ever stopped to wonder
What this life is all about?
Why you're here and where you're going
When your lease on time runs out?
Maybe you've been far too busy
Trying hard to reach your goal

Would you let me ask you kindly
Have you thought about your soul?

You may reach the highest portals
And your dreams may all come true
Wealth and fame may be your portion
And sucess may shine on you.
All your friends may sing your praises,
Not a care on you may roll

What about the great tomorrow

Don't forget your days are numbered,
Though you may be riding high.
But, like all of us poor mortals,
Someday you'll just up and die
Your sucess and fame and glory
Won't be worth the bell they toll.

Let me ask you just one question

If you've never thought it over
Spend a little time today
There is nothing more important
That will ever come your way
Than the joy of sins forgiven
And to know you've been made whole

In the name of Christ the Saviour

(author unknown)

For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and loose his soul (Mark8:36)

For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is Eternal Life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Rom 6:23)
Fragrant Grace. Really like that name. To be honest i dont worry about that stuff. I recognize i have been given a great advantage not having to worry about all that.

I dont worry about my life. I know why im here and where im going. I dont seek wealth nor fame. Im only here for thefulness of one purpose. To be Gods Witness. " he shall not break the bending weed nor put out the flickering flame"

Staff Member
Greetings @Bill

It is good you dont need to worry......praise the Lord

This thread is aimed at non-believers, with the prayer that seeds sown will lead to a sinner turning to Christ

Loyal
Greetings @Bill

It is good you dont need to worry......praise the Lord

This thread is aimed at non-believers, with the prayer that seeds sown will lead to a sinner turning to Christ
Sorry, i didnt realize it was for non believers. I would think it was good for both

Loyal
Sometimes -- even believers can feel 'lost' in the maize of life. I don't mean loose their salvation. I mean a lot comes at us and we feel almost overwhelmed by all of 'it'. We Do need to guard our emotions / emotional health.

It's good to hear from a nice woman moderator who's really concerned. And we need to realize that there Are lots of people 'out there' who are headed for a Christ-less eternity. To be separated from God for Ever. He is the True Light of this world.

Loyal
Thinking

(author unknown)

For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and loose his soul (Mark8:36)

For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is Eternal Life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Rom 6:23)
To answer your question, Sue, i dont worry about my soul. God has given me a task to do. And im involved with God all the time. Even the little things, God is involved with.

Im more concerned about reaching out to all God puts in my path. Some i preach or teach. Some encouragement, uplifting. Or random act of kindness. It is whatever the Spirit leads me to.

Loyal
Thinking

(author unknown)

What a wonderful reminder....Thank you Little Sister

Loyal
@Bill -- you're not intruding -- there's a great variety of 'views' expressed around here. It never hurts to 'challenge' others -- Why they are doing whatever it is they Are doing? Is a person doing 'whatever' with only a 'head knowledge' of Bible / salvation? -- sort of a 'good works' kind of activity? or because they are really a born-again believer and doing what they feel led of God to Do. Lots of people are 'believers' -- but not 'born-again' ones.

Loyal
@Bill -- you're not intruding -- there's a great variety of 'views' expressed around here. It never hurts to 'challenge' others -- Why they are doing whatever it is they Are doing? Is a person doing 'whatever' with only a 'head knowledge' of Bible / salvation? -- sort of a 'good works' kind of activity? or because they are really a born-again believer and doing what they feel led of God to Do. Lots of people are 'believers' -- but not 'born-again' ones.
This is true.

God loves all His children. And he wants all of us to be "Born Again".

What is it mean to be Born Again? It is Jesus living in you. (It is faith that brings us to Jesus, but we must recieve Jesus in our hearts to go to the Father) Jesus says, no one can go to the Father but through me.

This is true.

God loves all His children. And he wants all of us to be "Born Again".

What is it mean to be Born Again? It is Jesus living in you. (It is faith that brings us to Jesus, but we must recieve Jesus in our hearts to go to the Father) Jesus says, no one can go to the Father but through me.

I agree with you completely, being born again is Jesus living in you, being "born again" by the spirit, which is Jesus!!

I will leave my summary of what our lives are supposed to be.

1. We were created by God in His very same Image and after His Own Likeness.
2. God gaves us a purpose by telling us to worship Him and serve Him.
3. God wants us to live in the eternity with Him as His very Own sons.
4. God will let us join Him in judging the world and the evil angels!

Stop and think ...don't brush this aside

Dear reader

Ok you've probably read the poem. You've probably read Br.Bears post.

Now let me ask you...what are you going to do about your soul.

Behold now is the accepted time, now is the day of Salvation
(2 Cor 6:2)

Don't delay. Accept God's offer of salvation today. He died to save your soul.

The Bible says that all have sinned. No sin is so small it can be overlooked, none too big that it can't be forgiven. He invites you to come to Him for forgiveness and to save your soul for eternity.

For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16)

What will you do?

Dear reader I pray you accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour...it's the most important decision you will ever make.

Julia - A sinner wonderfully saved by the Lord Jesus Christ
Okay I am glad you touched on this...
Im been a believer in the life, crucifixion, burial and resurrection for years, but I can say lately ive been praying to hit a button to quit with habitual sinning. How is the best way for me to know im saved? And could one who is born again lose salvation?
How can you assure somone us born by the spirit and say for instance.. "That guy/girl is a born again."

Also ive read Ezekiel chapter 4 about the impudent Israelites, ive came across many differing beliefs that alit of them seem to know what they are talking about but are really rude people.. Like for instance I heard somone say thats a baptist pastor to not come to his church if your shoes look like a beggar, and that seemed rude as evil to me and I wanted to know if thats regular for a Christian(not that I would take it up or anything).
So my question is are rude people the real deal born again Christian.
Also I wanted to know because I have a friend that does some bad stuff he likes to have many girlfriends and sometimes I dont want to be friends with that person because I know that they lead people on and chat with multiple girls.. I can accept whatever the truth is but my question about this is...
Are people who do this saved? In general

Loyal
It's good to know that you Believe those things , but have you accepted those things on a Personal basis. That Jesus Christ did that for You, Personally, In other words -- have You accepted Jesus Christ as Your personal Savior. Have you thanked God for making Your salvation possible and that you want to accept His gift - Personally. That is the key. Then the Holy Spirit Will come immediate to indwell you and you Will have an inner peace that you've never had before.

Once the Holy Spirit has come to indwell you, He won't leave until you are safely with Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:13 - 14.

A born-again person Will exhibit the fruits of the spirit. Galatians 5:22-23

By observing a person's life -- they can see their faith in action.

No one is going to be 'perfect' -- we all have personalities -- some people Are rude at times.

And a person who is obviously living an unGodly lifestyle -- well -- if they've been a friend -- approach him/ her with your concerns -- maybe that will help the person see a need to change. That would be great. And maybe they won't. In which case it's up to You to make a decision -- retain that friendship - in spite of -- or tell him/ her that you don't feel comfortable with your friendship any more. And maybe that could be an opportunity to explore their salvation with them. Share about Your personal salvation. And yours and his salvation is the most important.

When a person Does accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior -- the Holy Spirit's presence Will make a difference in their desires, etc.

BTW -- it's okay to have lots of friends / guys or gals -- it's what the relation ship Includes that can be a problem. Basic friendship isn't a problem. But when it involves physical intimacy -- That's the problem. Sexualness outside of marriage is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Thinking

(author unknown)

Have you ever thought, we so often we say, ‘I will do this or that tomorrow’

Have you ever thought, we so often we say, ‘Tomorrow never comes’

But tomorrow does come, but some may not see it.

Have you ever thought about your soul?

John 6:37
Him that cometh unto Me I will in no wise cast out

Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them

John 3:7
Jesus said, Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Romans 10:13-16
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel.

John 3:16-18
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Luke 12:19-21
19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

2 Corinthians 6:2

Behold now is the accepted time, now is the day of Salvation

Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Loyal
Okay I am glad you touched on this...
Im been a believer in the life, crucifixion, burial and resurrection for years, but I can say lately ive been praying to hit a button to quit with habitual sinning. How is the best way for me to know im saved? And could one who is born again lose salvation?
How can you assure somone us born by the spirit and say for instance.. "That guy/girl is a born again."

Also ive read Ezekiel chapter 4 about the impudent Israelites, ive came across many differing beliefs that alit of them seem to know what they are talking about but are really rude people.. Like for instance I heard somone say thats a baptist pastor to not come to his church if your shoes look like a beggar, and that seemed rude as evil to me and I wanted to know if thats regular for a Christian(not that I would take it up or anything).
So my question is are rude people the real deal born again Christian.
Also I wanted to know because I have a friend that does some bad stuff he likes to have many girlfriends and sometimes I dont want to be friends with that person because I know that they lead people on and chat with multiple girls.. I can accept whatever the truth is but my question about this is...
Are people who do this saved? In general
The answer is more simple than most Christains are willing to admit. Love is the key. When love flows in your heart, then Christ is there too. You can not have Love in your heart with out Jesus. And you can not have Jesus without love. They are the same. There are many who say, you have to know Jesus to be saved. Being saved isnot a matter of what you know in your head, Being saved comes from the heart.

Jesus speaks of judgemen. Those who say they know the Lord. " bbut Lord Lord we cast out demons in your name. ( and indeed when they cast out demons, they had to have been in the Lord. But they became proud thinking, i am saved, i can do what i want ) and the Lord said " away from me, " then to the others ( who did not know Jesus ) when did we see you they said. And Jesus replied. When you helped those who suffered you did it for me. And they went with the Lord to Paradise

The answer is more simple than most Christains are willing to admit. Love is the key. When love flows in your heart, then Christ is there too. You can not have Love in your heart with out Jesus. And you can not have Jesus without love. They are the same. There are many who say, you have to know Jesus to be saved. Being saved isnot a matter of what you know in your head, Being saved comes from the heart.

Jesus speaks of judgemen. Those who say they know the Lord. " bbut Lord Lord we cast out demons in your name. ( and indeed when they cast out demons, they had to have been in the Lord. But they became proud thinking, i am saved, i can do what i want ) and the Lord said " away from me, " then to the others ( who did not know Jesus ) when did we see you they said. And Jesus replied. When you helped those who suffered you did it for me. And they went with the Lord to Paradise
What should I do this moment to be saved?

Loyal
Recognize the fact that you, personally are a sinner. You've done Something that is displeasing to God. The Holy Spirit is letting you know that. Acknowledge in your Heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross for You, and that He was buried, and rose again bodily -- in your place. Romans 10: 9 - 10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. vs 13 For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Talk to God about it -- tell Him that you want to accept His gift of salvation From hell and To heaven. Thank Him for His salvation.

The 'gift' you are receiving is the fact that Jesus Christ Did die on the cross -- that He was the Son of God -- He went to hell For you / in your place / and came back and rose again bodily. Otherwise You and everyone would have to die and end up in hell for eternity. For All have sinned and come short of the glory of God -- but God -- commendeth His love towards us -- that -- while we were sinner, Christ died on the cross for you/ us. He , Himself, paid the price for our sins. So -- each person, individually , acknowledges our need For God's gift of salvation -- we Accept that gift and thank him for it. And then -- the person experiences an inner peace that comes from the newly indwelling of the Holy Spirit. And He will never leave us until we are safe with Jesus Christ.

Recognize the fact that you, personally are a sinner. You've done Something that is displeasing to God. The Holy Spirit is letting you know that. Acknowledge in your Heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross for You, and that He was buried, and rose again bodily -- in your place. Romans 10: 9 - 10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. vs 13 For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Talk to God about it -- tell Him that you want to accept His gift of salvation From hell and To heaven. Thank Him for His salvation.

The 'gift' you are receiving is the fact that Jesus Christ Did die on the cross -- that He was the Son of God -- He went to hell For you / in your place / and came back and rose again bodily. Otherwise You and everyone would have to die and end up in hell for eternity. For All have sinned and come short of the glory of God -- but God -- commendeth His love towards us -- that -- while we were sinner, Christ died on the cross for you/ us. He , Himself, paid the price for our sins. So -- each person, individually , acknowledges our need For God's gift of salvation -- we Accept that gift and thank him for it. And then -- the person experiences an inner peace that comes from the newly indwelling of the Holy Spirit. And He will never leave us until we are safe with Jesus Christ.
I believe all that you said and im grateful for it.

Will I a person that knows that Jesus is risen from the dead, and knows that JESUS has the power to recieve anyone by his will his desire, will that person go to hell?

I know all sin is worthy of the death that everyone gets. But sometimes I think that killing and stealing is worse than the sins that I struggle with like evil thoughts without action, habitual cursing, or male issues.
That's why I think yes sins deserve the same sentence as the next guy.
But my lustful thoughts and stuff are different than hurting people right?
Im not judging people that have stolen or intentionally hurt someone or hoping bad for those, I hope good for all!
But I read the Bible then look at how almost all of us has some belief that is not explicitly stated in the Bible. Traditions or assumptions like you said Jesus paid in hell. I dont believe Jesus tasted of the wrath that awaits the devil and the falllen angels, and the sons of disobedience.
But I believe for instance that Jesus had to have been born from a woman that was at least up to the point that Jesus was born, sinless.
You see I know only Jesus is perfect. But Mary had to be in my opinion up to the Birth of Jesus Christ. But it doesnt say that..

I just believe everything the Bible says