• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Stop and Think...don't brush this aside

Staff Member
Thinking

Have you ever stopped to wonder
What this life is all about?
Why you're here and where you're going
When your lease on time runs out?
Maybe you've been far too busy
Trying hard to reach your goal

Would you let me ask you kindly
Have you thought about your soul?

You may reach the highest portals
And your dreams may all come true
Wealth and fame may be your portion
And sucess may shine on you.
All your friends may sing your praises,
Not a care on you may roll

What about the great tomorrow

Don't forget your days are numbered,
Though you may be riding high.
But, like all of us poor mortals,
Someday you'll just up and die
Your sucess and fame and glory
Won't be worth the bell they toll.

Let me ask you just one question

If you've never thought it over
Spend a little time today
There is nothing more important
That will ever come your way
Than the joy of sins forgiven
And to know you've been made whole

In the name of Christ the Saviour

(author unknown)

For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and loose his soul (Mark8:36)

For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is Eternal Life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Rom 6:23)

Last edited:
Staff Member
Yes dear reader,

Stop and Think...don't brush this aside....

have you thought about your soul ?

We all owe heaven a death...

if you died tonight,

where will you spend eternity?

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Stop and think ...don't brush this aside

Dear reader

Ok you've probably read the poem. You've probably read Br.Bears post.

Now let me ask you...what are you going to do about your soul.

Behold now is the accepted time, now is the day of Salvation
(2 Cor 6:2)

Don't delay. Accept God's offer of salvation today. He died to save your soul.

The Bible says that all have sinned. No sin is so small it can be overlooked, none too big that it can't be forgiven. He invites you to come to Him for forgiveness and to save your soul for eternity.

For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16)

What will you do?

Dear reader I pray you accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour...it's the most important decision you will ever make.

Julia - A sinner wonderfully saved by the Lord Jesus Christ

Staff Member
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mark 8:36

Take time to watch, to stop, to wonder....about your soul

(link no longer available)

Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them
Hebrews 7:25

(permission to post link granted by Chad)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of everything I read, that poem has indeed made me stop and think. I don't know the answer, but thanks for the prompt.

Staff Member
Canst thou by searching find out God?
Job 11:7

if.... thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29

Dear CuriousLauren

I am so pleased to hear that this poem has made you stop and think.

You say you don't know the answers......ask God to reveal His truth to your heart. He loves you and wants to give you His free gift of Salvation.

Don't brush this aside...Jesus is ready to accept you now!!

Please write here again or pm if you would like any help

Bless you

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life
John 3:16

Canst thou by searching find out God?
Job 11:7

if.... thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29

The existence of God cannot be proven through man's empirical reasoning, but He has left clues to His existence within creation. Those clues, it seems to me, are what Paul speaks of in Ro 1:20 - "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

SLE

Administrator
Staff Member
Love the poem, excellent and thought provoking. Thank you for sharing this. I encourage the readers to dwell on the point made.

SLE, that verse Paul spoke is indeed so truthful. To me, as mind boggling as GOD's power and wisdom is, so it is also mind boggling how people deny that GOD even exists.

so it is also mind boggling how people deny that GOD even exists.

Many people don't want to believe they will be accountable for their actions, when all is said and done. Among skeptics, many will even acknowledge that there could be a higher power out there, but it is easier to call it ''the universe'' rather than God. Some even go further than that, and speculate that some unknown alien overlords must be our true creators. Richard Dawkins actually admitted that was more possible than God.

Staff Member
Behold, now is the accepted time
Acts 26:28

Time is earnest, passing by;
Death is earnest, drawing nigh;
Sinner, wilt thou trifling be?
Time and death appeal to thee.

Life is earnest; when tis o’er,
Thou returnest nevermore;
Soon to meet eternity,
Wilt thou never serious be?

God is earnest; kneel and pray
Ere thy season pass away;
Ere be set His judgment-throne;
Vengeance ready, mercy gone.

Oh, be earnest! Death is near;
Thou wilt perish ling’ring here:
Sleep no longer, rise and flee;
Lo, thy Saviour waits for thee*

Look unto Me and be ye saved
Isaiah 45:22

Him that cometh unto Me I will in no wise cast out
John 6:37

He will abundantly pardon
Isaiah 55:7

* PP Bliss (circa 1903)

Last edited:
Loyal
As much as some of us debate theology, this is really what Jesus called us to do. A good reminder.

Matt 10:7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
2 Tim 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
Luke 19:10 "For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."
Rom 10:14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?

Theology has its place, But saving souls is more important.

John 4:35 "Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest.
John 4:36 "Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.

Last edited:
Staff Member
Behold I stand at the door and knock
Revelation 3:20

One there is who loves thee,

Waiting still for thee:
Canst thou yet reject Him?
None so kind as He!
Do not grieve Him longer,
Come and trust Him now!
He has waited all thy days:
Why waitest thou?

Tenderly He woos thee,
Do not slight His call;
Though thy sins are many,
He’ll forgive them all.
Turn to Him, repenting,
He will cleanse thee now!
He is waiting at thy heart:
Why waitest thou?

Jesus still is waiting:
Sinner, why delay?
To His arms of mercy
Rise and haste away!
Only come believing,
He will save thee now!
He is waiting at the door:
Why waitest thou?

Oh, receive Him now!
He has waited all the day;
Why waitest thou?

*HC Ayers 1903

Last edited:
Behold I stand at the door and knock

Waiting still for thee:
Canst thou yet reject Him?
None so kind as He!
Do not grieve Him longer,
Come and trust Him now!
He has waited all thy days:
Why waitest thou?

Tenderly He woos thee,
Do not slight His call;
Though thy sins are many,
He’ll forgive them all.
Turn to Him, repenting,
He will cleanse thee now!
He is waiting at thy heart:
Why waitest thou?

Jesus still is waiting:
Sinner, why delay?
To His arms of mercy
Rise and haste away!
Only come believing,
He will save thee now!
Why waitest thou?

Oh, receive Him now!
He has waited all the day;
Why waitest thou?

*HC Ayers 1903
Consider This
Behold what love

How deep the Father's love for us

How vast beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

©1995 Kingsway's Thankyou Music
Words and Music by Stuart Townend

Staff Member
Eddy Fire

How vast beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

Thank you Eddy Fire.
What beautiful words expressing our dear Saviour's love
May the hearts of seeking souls be melted and drawn to Jesus when considering Him and His work on the cross.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved
Acts 16:31

Last edited:
Julia, it is my prayer that these words echo 'round the world, that all people will wake from their slumber and see the Day of Judgement coming.

SLE

Staff Member
Time is earnest

Julia, it is my prayer that these words echo 'round the world, that all people will wake from their slumber and see the Day of Judgement coming.
SLE

Amen SpiritLedEd

My longing too, that the message of the gospel will be spread far and wide via this site

That knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep
Romans 13:11

Time is earnest, passing by
Death is earnest, drawing nigh
Sinner, wilt thou trifling be?
Time and death appeal to thee.

Life is earnest; when ‘tis o’er
Thou returnest nevermore
Soon to meet eternity,
Wilt thou never serious be?

God is earnest; kneel and pray
Ere thy season pass away;
Ere be set His judgment-throne;
Vengeance ready, mercy gone.

Oh, be earnest! Death is near;
Thou wilt perish ling’ring here:
Sleep no longer, rise and flee;
Lo, thy Saviour waits for thee. *

I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved
John 10:4

* S Dyer approx 1900

Thank you Eddy Fire.
What beautiful words expressing our dear Saviour's love
May the hearts of seeking souls be melted and drawn to Jesus when considering Him and His work on the cross.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved
Acts 16:31

please listen to the words in song and stop and think
don't be afraid to use the repeat button

Jesus still is waiting:
Sinner, why delay?
To His arms of mercy
Rise and haste away!
Only come believing,
He will save thee now!
Why waitest thou?

Staff Member
Hear My voice and open the door

Incline your ear and come unto Me
Isaiah 55:3

Rise; He calleth thee
Mark 10:49

Behold now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation
2 Corinthians 6:2

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out.
Acts 3:19

If you are reading this and you are not a Christian.....consider these words carefully.
Jesus loves you is waiting to save you NOW!

Behold Me standing at the door,
And hear Me pleading evermore,
With gentle voice: oh, heart of sin,
May I come in? May I come in?

I bore the cruel thorns for thee,
I waited long and patiently;
Say, weary heart, oppressed with sin,

I would not plead with thee in vain;
Remember all My grief and pain;
I died to ransom thee from sin:

I bring thee joy from Heav’n above,
I bring thee pardon, peace, and love:

Behold Me standing at the door,
And hear Me pleading evermore:
May I come in? May I come in?*

* Fanny Crosby

Most in the church system will brush aside the truth everytime they hear it, the poem was nice, but whatt good is an emptional poem, when the professed are not on the narrow Road!

Draw Near to God!
Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously? But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble. Humility Cures Worldliness Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James4:4-10
It’s not likely the saved in sin crowd has ever heard this passage applied to them in Church by their Pastors. In the Professed world of Salvation you’re a ‘sinner’, but saved by Grace, so the ‘sinners’ spoken of in this verse have yet to be saved because they haven’t done the repeat after me routine. Yet this passage speaks DIRECTLY to the professed presently committing adultery with the world on a daily bases and proudly flaunting their sins in God’s face as double-minded hypocrites who refuse to Purify themselves in repentance. But they THINK Sin humbles them, NOT departure from its corrupting influence.

Professing Christians today living as wretched, desperately wicked chiefs of sinners HATE to hear the Warnings of Scripture applied to their sinful conduct and excuse ridden lives. The Pastors are happy to oblige them because in the churches it’s a happily ever after world of anything goes. (Just believe in Jesus and everything will be fine) HOWEVER if what the Bible says about Sin is True, then the wretched double-minded folks in la la land are in dire straights with God! Let’s make a quick comparison:

IF the ‘repeat after’ routine is valid and people can be Justified in theirs sin and keep right on sinning without fear of further Judgment, WHAT really do they gain? The average professed Christian is a colossal MESS! Their lives are in a constant state of repeated failure. Their relationships are full of contentions and strife, separations, divorce, abuse, damaged children, drunkenness, lust, perversions and all manner of uncleanness that leads to further destruction of family and personal harmony. As Jeremiah would say they cry Peace, Peace when there is NO PEACE! (Jer6:14) They live in a constant state of carnality, sensual desires, self-seeking confusion and bitter envy. All proceeding out of their own desperately wicked hearts they LOVE to proclaim as the filthy rags to God. ‘Nice life!’ But it’s Pie in the Sky when you die---so they claim.

Under the same premise, WHAT do those of us who live Right, fear God, Depart from iniquity and keep our hearts Pure LOOSE by Walking Worthy of God? Our Minds are renewed from the insanity of having to ‘sin everyday’, our hearts are made Pure by Obedience to the Truth; our Conscience is clear before God and man. We have genuine Peace within our spirit, yielded to God, full of mercy, good fruits, without partiality or hypocrisy. We live in harmony with others, love our neighbor as ourselves, shun every appearance of evil; we focus our thoughts on things above, our flesh is crucified with Christ and lives hidden with Christ in God. The Word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than a two-edged Sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of our hearts. We Contend earnestly for the faith because the love of God within us does not rejoice in iniquity but in Truth. We are spared the horrible consequences that accompany a sinful life and live peaceably in a world gone mad with lust. Thus we have LOST Nothing because there is really nothing of any lasting value in the world and ‘if the Bible Warnings are true’, we’ve gained a life of eternal bliss with God! (all by simply taking His Word on face value obeying Him from our hearts, doing what He said and enduring to the end.)

In Contrast what occupies the lives of the sin everyday people? It’s just as the James Passage says:
They are constantly ‘warring’ (fighting, struggling) with the passions of their flesh based desires. They lust for what they don’t have, covet what they cannot obtain and mock God with prayers for the vanities of life. The lust of eyes, flesh and pride of life are their central focus as they willfully commit adultery with the world seeking after the vain glories of temporal pleasure. They are brought down to the dust in utter humiliation by the very Sin they thought would humble them before God as ‘sinners saved by grace!

In their state of Ruin they despise ANYONE who offers them a life-line to God. (or a sure way out of the mess they’ve made of their lives!) But because it involves taking the WORD at face value as TRUTH, instead of listening to their pastors and pundits tell them everything will be fine and dandy, they arrogantly thumb their noses at the Warnings and shoot the Messenger who brought it. BUT what real assurance do they have? (Their strength in numbers, misery loves company or just plain vanity of pride?) If they would really Draw Nigh unto God and behold themselves in His mirror, the Shock would overwhelm their senses! Then they would be able to understand the depth of their double-minded ways, the impurity of their thoughts and the resentment they have toward God.

The Caption Says: ‘Humility Cures Worldliness’
BUT ONLY if a person SUBMITS themselves to God on His terms: this submission involves a ‘military’ type subjection to an Authority that commands your obedience to it. In God’s Service there are no Double-minded disciples. (Js1:8, Mt5:24) If you prefer worldly pleasures over God, you set yourself up as His enemy and reap what you sow. (the inevitable consequences of your own life of sin) James speaks of a Self-cleansing Humility that takes place in a genuine Repentance. The brokenness, mourning and crying out to God in a Sincere bid to get clear of your wrong doings and come clean with God.

In a Professing Christian world were the Warnings don’t apply and anyone who brings them is the devil, it’s ‘how much sin can I get away now and still have some fun’ before the Lord calls me home. BUT the nagging doubt remains (like an empty void that cannot be filled) WHY is your ‘Christian’ life a train wreck of wrongdoing when God was suppose to clean you up when you ‘received’ Jesus? WHERE is the Newness of life and the Promise of a renewed mind? WHY can’t you Escape the Corruption that is in the world through lust?
IF Faith is the Victory that overcomes the World; WHY are the ‘Christians’ overcome by lust for the world?

Logically IF the Warnings don’t apply then neither do the Promises. Again as James says, ‘You ask and do not receive because you ask amiss that you may consume and squander it on your own pleasures!’ (Js1:3) You count worldly gain as spiritual riches yet they leave you empty and wanting for more. The haze of worldly indulgence has blinded your eyes to the ONE fact that God has stayed His hand of Judgment on this obstinate, hard hearted generation out of the kindness of His Patience and longsuffering giving them an opportunity to regain their sense of reason and Repent! (Rom2:4) But nothing last forever in the realm of man; God has a time table when it comes to sin, He will allow man a ‘full measure’ of iniquity (Gen15:16) before the hammer falls. JUSTICE will prevail in the end.

The Lies and Vain Promises of men won’t get you anything of value in this life or in the life that is to come. You gain nothing on both sides, just more misery and shame and an eternity to contemplate how utterly foolish it was to defend a sinful life-style in the face of God’s crystal clear warnings of love. You shot the messenger and scorned his compassion for your soul. Maybe the happy buss ride will last another hundred years and most of the sin everyday ‘Christians’ will die quietly in their beds with the pastor standing by. And the remaining ones still on the happy buss to no-where will continue to wonder why ‘others’ insist on making such a big deal about sin that’s already taken care of by Jesus.

What more can be said? ‘Que Sera, Sera whatever will be, will be" The ‘sinning saints’, as they like to think of themselves, will continue to deny God’s warnings and test His patience. But they will lose on both counts. Their lives are a ruination of sin here and will be destruction and eternal misery here after. They are convinced God’s Grace gives them special preference over the other ‘sinners’ who have yet to receive Jesus. So they go about their days in absolute complacency committing willful acts of rebellion against God’s Word, violating every form of decency known to man and nay saying anyone who cares enough to warn them.

Warnings are given out of love (God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked Ezk18:32) Agape love is dispassionate; there is no malice or hatred involved. A heart that is in turn with Him is saddened by the lies and hypocrisy of people who call themselves by His Name and live in sin. We are compelled by His Love to persuade you that the Way you have chosen to follow will lead you to Perdition. 2Cor5:14

Perhaps the biggest failure of the institutional church is the God's Marching Orders doctrine that Tommy seems to promote here. God gave us the law so that we would see we can't keep it through our own strength. It is only by the work of the Holy Spirit (2 Cor 9:8) that we stay on the narrow path.

SLE