• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Slain in the Spirit

romans 10:9 is written to a church that was already established. it is also telling the people to get off there bottoms and do the work of the lord. there is a huge significance in water baptism. but it done by the leading of the holy spirit. you see when it comes to baptism there is no waiting there is no taking a class with a passtor before it is done. these things are never found in the word of god. what you will find is that baptism is done as the holy spirit leads people. many were not even baptised with a crowd of people around. you see the whole baptism thing is false these days. mans teachings are taking over the world because people want what it talks about in
2 timothy 4:2-4.
Well, do you think people have a voice to speak against man teachings....

While some people can counterfeit the various gifts or moves of the Spirit, the presence of counterfeit $20 dollar bills hass never proved that there are no real $20 bills.

well said. There are fake and phony ministers as well as fake and phony Christians who just fall back on their own. However, I myself have fallen back under the spirit of God, but just a few times. God's spirit is unlike any other feeling in the world. I can feel it distinctly like a needle in a haystack.

Only the Holy Spirit can give us that feeling. :star:

well said. There are fake and phony ministers as well as fake and phony Christians who just fall back on their own. However, I myself have fallen back under the spirit of God, but just a few times. God's spirit is unlike any other feeling in the world. I can feel it distinctly like a needle in a haystack.

Only the Holy Spirit can give us that feeling. :star:
Is bad when someone do fake it and at the same time that is like playing with God but ummmmmm I would feel sorry if they fake it and fall and then get hurt real bad, I know a couple of people where they fall when a usher is not there to catch them and still did not get hurt but even if you see someone fall so hard onto the floor they still not hurt…

This what you see in the bible where people fall to the ground but without any specific info about thembeing hurt or not because it dose not show anyone hurt when they fell to the ground accept this one specific one when Jesus cast out a processes person and the person fall to the ground as a dead, but it did said that the person did not get hurt…:love:

Last edited:
stylez please share scripture that states that people are falling down like that?
Mark 9:19-27<<< Read it and you will see that this person was heal by falling to the ground.. That is a blessing scripture because allot time people don't dear fight against that believed "slain in the spirit" because I know people cant say oh you can't take scripture, but no sweety is in the bible don't come against Gods word..

I don't know why I can't find that other scripture the one that says the person did not get hurt but I believed it was in Luke:embarasse

There a book call Overcome by the Spirit by Francis MacNutt. I want that book I heard that is real good too.

Francis MacNutt is an ex-Catholic priest who received a healing ministry from the Lord. He noticed that this phenomenon would occur quite often whenever he would lay hands on people for their healings.

He interviewed many people after they had fallen in the Spirit to find out what their reactions were and exactly what had happened to them while they were resting in the Spirit. There are many direct quotes from the people he interviewed and it was all very positive.

He came to the conclusion that being slain in the Spirit was a very real manifestation of God that was occurring because of all the good fruit it produced in the people who had experienced this phenomena. He said some of the actual healings that came through his ministry occurred when people were "resting in the Spirit" after he had initially laid hands on them.

He explored this phenomenon with complete objectivity back in the 1970’s. He covers in this most informative book all of the things that he saw happen when this manifestation would occur.

I heard that they say is good for people who are against resting in the spirit to read this book!

Hello,I just wanted to add to your post.I was raised up in the Pentecostal
Church and I really don't remember being taught the way you shared your
experience.The saints that welcome us in the fold were loving.Thank God, thats why we are christians today me and my family.I think instead of putting
these churches down please pray that each church mention in this forum will
come to really known who Jesus is.Also pray that they come to know how the
HolySpirit works.As being saints of God we have to really watch how we speak
of our brothers and sisters we are all not at the same level.

Hello,I just wanted to add to your post.I was raised up in the Pentecostal
Church and I really don't remember being taught the way you shared your
experience.The saints that welcome us in the fold were loving.Thank God, thats why we are christians today me and my family.I think instead of putting
these churches down please pray that each church mention in this forum will
come to really known who Jesus is.Also pray that they come to know how the
HolySpirit works.As being saints of God we have to really watch how we speak
of our brothers and sisters we are all not at the same level.
Yes amen! I believe that a real believer would say what you just said. I believe people here worship different and has different styles but for my worship and praise is on a mainstream side. A billion dollar wont make me praise I praise and shout with a joyful noise until I get excited with my lord Jessus until I run and Jump and be filled with the holy ghost! I give him the honor and the praise! Hallelu’’’’’’jah! Santo Jesus! Gloria a Dios!!!!!!:lightbulb

Mark 9:19-27<<< Read it and you will see that this person was heal by falling to the ground.. That is a blessing scripture because allot time people don't dear fight against that believed "slain in the spirit" because I know people cant say oh you can't take scripture, but no sweety is in the bible don't come against Gods word..

Please read those scriptures again, paying close attention to this scripture:

Mar 9:20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

I am asking you to please read that scripture again, and ask God to show you the truth, the truth is right there in front of you, in that one scripture.

Bare in mind, that Jesus at this time has not even said a word.

Now read these scriptures, but you also need to bare in mind, what happened in the above scripture first.

Mar 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
Mar 9:26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

Now tell me who knocked that that person to the ground?

You cannot just read scriptures, when I first read those scriptures, I too first didn't see it, but I asked God to show me and read it over again. Mediate/meditate on the scriptures don't just read them like a book.

I cannot remember who it was, but I took the same advise from a fellow believer on this same forum, which they gave many months ago. I too, was just reading scriptures.

Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

I don't know why I can't find that other scripture the one that says the person did not get hurt but I believed it was in Luke:embarasse

Stylez4Christ, when you find the other scripture, please put it here, I would like to see it.

By the way, I do know Jesus healed that man's son, according to those scripture.

Last edited:
Please read those scriptures again, paying close attention to this scripture:

Mar 9:20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.

I am asking you to please read that scripture again, and ask God to show you the truth, the truth is right there in front of you, in that one scripture.

Bare in mind, that Jesus at this time has not even said a word.

Now read these scriptures, but you also need to bare in mind, what happened in the above scripture first.

Mar 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
Mar 9:26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

Now tell me who knocked that that person to the ground?

You cannot just read scriptures, when I first read those scriptures, I too first didn't see it, but I asked God to show me and read it over again. Mediate/meditate on the scriptures don't just read them like a book.

I cannot remember who it was, but I took the same advise from a fellow believer on this same forum, which they gave many months ago. I too, was just reading scriptures.

Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Stylez4Christ, when you find the other scripture, please put it here, I would like to see it.

By the way, I do know Jesus healed that man's son, according to those scripture.
Well, I did took it out very fast but ummmmmmm is when I could not find the other scripture and I'm new of seeing that scripture but at first when I saw it, it looked like the boy got seizures, when I saw that scripture I was like ok I will use it since I could not find the other.. But I set to believed the lord gave me a revelation A very interesting revelation and simple and there is a reason why people fall by the spirit of God but it can be also from demon by false prophet not a true prophet which I have wittness before but I just notices so strongly that this is a reason why, and that not everybody dear try to come against this revelation.

straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
yes I to have realized it's better to meditate the scriptures, as lots can be missed out.
all spirits are not of God. There are good and evil as we know.
we must test the spirits to see.

Well, I did took it out very fast but ummmmmmm is when I could not find the other scripture and I'm new of seeing that scripture but at first when I saw it, it looked like the boy got seizures, when I saw that scripture I was like ok I will use it since I could not find the other.. But I set to believed the lord gave me a revelation A very interesting revelation and simple and there is a reason why people fall by the spirit of God but it can be also from demon by false prophet not a true prophet which I have wittness before but I just notices so strongly that this is a reason why, and that not everybody dear try to come against this revelation.

No problem. We are here to help each other and encourage each and edify each other. God has given all of us the power through the gift of the Holy Spirit for this purpose.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth

straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
yes I to have realized it's better to meditate the scriptures, as lots can be missed out.
all spirits are not of God. There are good and evil as we know.
we must test the spirits to see.

Yes Maureen, we need to test the spirits before jumping into something, it's important.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

We need to spend more time focusing on having a relationship with God, and get to know Him as a friend.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Formerly Adiaglow
I went searching for this subject after this weekend at a women's retreat. Before Friday, I was very skeptical if it was genuine when people do this. I attend a non-denomonational church, but my friend invited me, and she is a member of a Assembly of God. (how do you say it?) I have felt that they go deeper than mine, however, I am just now going to a church group at mine, so maybe they do.
I was nervous before I went up there, but so much that the speaker had said confirmed things I had been going through. (specific) So my friend came with me,but the speaker went in another direction. I thought maybe it wasn't time. But then a woman was praying for others and she was coming in my direction and I went straight for her. She held my hands and was praying. She paused and then whispered in my ear, "All you have to do is ask...and you shall receive." Then this power came upon me, not scary, and I fell backward. Someone caught me, and I could hear things going on still, but the peace was so heavy, all I could feel was God's love. I didn't want to leave His presence. My eyelids were fluttering. I did it both nights at the retreat, because I wanted more. I had never exeprienced God in this way, and I kept hearing all of this week that I needed to move to the next level, and this got the job done. I feel very close to the Lord now. Nothing I felt was evil or not from God. I just felt this sweet, peaceful feeling. I wanted to run to Him. What was even more amazing, was that both times, both people laid their hands on my belly, for me to bear children. This is something I've been praying for, and neither one of them knew it. One told my friend to lay her hand on my belly for this. 2 different people, that didn't know me.
God changed my mind. We cannot limit God. It's wise to test the spirits. But just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it's not from God. I'm not getting defensive, or trying to start anything. Maybe it's just that you're not ready to receive it yet. But please, don't call something "hogwash" just because it's different. This argument about whether or not falling backward or forward is from God? Irrelevant. The point is, you cannot stand in the presence of God. Everybody reacts differently. It depends on what God wants, how much He gives. There are many things I have experienced from God that are not specifially in the Bible...multiple butterflies right in front of me(i love them)...a huge rainbow right above me to let me know He was there during a depression...a weight on the bed when I asked for peace and sleep...and many more. Again...we cannot put God in a box. If we seek Him, we will find Him. He wants to love on us, He adores us.

Last edited:
While some people can counterfeit the various gifts or moves of the Spirit, the presence of counterfeit $20 dollar bills hass never proved that there are no real $20 bills.

Very good point, in fact I would say that the existance of a counterfeit gives credence and proof to the reality of the original's existance.

WingedGrace, what you describe in your post is nearly identical to what happened to me in my first encounter with the Holy Spirit in 1983. I, too, fell backward into the arms of a "catcher" who was stationed behind me for that purpose.

In the moments before it happened, I was a very angry man. A practicing alcoholic at the time, I had been pressured to attend this "healing service" by my wife. I wanted to be at home in front of the TV with my beer. However, when hands were laid on my head, my body was invaded by a joy and peace that cannot be described. It was the beginning of the end of my alcoholism and the beginning of the beginning of my new life in Christ.

The "Slain in the Spirit" experience is, in my opinion, more accurately described as "The Baptism in the Holy Spirit" (see Acts 2:4, 10:44-46). Contrary to what is preached by some, the Gifts of the Spirit as described in the Book of Acts and in 1 Corinthians 12 through 14 have not ceased.. The Holy Spirit is still distributing them as he sees fit.

SLE

Last edited:
I had that same thing too and plus when I got save I really felt the holy ghost fell upon me why’ll my pastor lay hand and prophecy into my live and it gave me life just like Ezekiel 37:1-10... I was more in the trance instead I didn’t really fall but It accept I kind of felt like I was flying I guest and kind of fall toward my pastor so he kept holding me so that how, well when I finish accepting Christ and that’s when my pastor lay hands on me and that’s how I became a Christian, I felt different, I walk different, act different, everything was pretty new to what I was and I‘ve realize that my worldly parent notice a big change in my life…
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I have not experienced the falling down, no I must admit, but when I did get Baptised a few months ago, after it I was, well all I could tell people when they asked me was I was up there somewhere, and hadn't come down yet.

I did come down next day, but God had really done a wonderful work in my lfe, He had restored yet again, my marraige, I didn't even ask Him this time, I had felt it would be a waste to have it all drained away again, but He choose to do it without my asking Him.
Also I had a very personal issue in my marraige which had been going on for several months and nothing could 'fix' it, but my Baptism sure did, completely gone, the very next day, how's that for healing?

We sure do have a wonderful, marvelous God, who loves His children very much indeed, He is too awesome for us to even start and comprehend.
We couldn't even fathom His great love for us.

Thanks Maureen for your encouragement, Matt 13:25 onward sums it up beautifully.

Thanks
Donald

Thanks for your reply, however I would not be qualified to talk or to teach on the matter if I had not been there myself. I must first take the plank out of my eye before I see my way clear to remove a splinter from someone elses. Just remember 1 Cor 12 about the gifts of the Spirit, any teaching given is a manifestation of the Spirit .... Jesus Himself said "My sheep hear my voice and follow ..." John 10. Eph 4 also speaks of One body, one faith one Spirit, One God over all, in all and through all as well as Jesus Christ being the head of His Church. The head directs the body not the body the head. The hand does not do its own thing it must be directed by the head. Therefore anyone giving any teaching on the Word of God must be lead by the Spirit of God. That Word that is given must be without defect or blemish, it must be pure. God uses imperfect people to give His perfect law, that is how the scriptures were written. If they had relied on their own interpretation the Word would be terribly flawed but the prophets of old, the Apostles, and true disciples all were lead by the Spirit of God. Who knows the thoughts of God but the Spirit of God ... 1 Cor 2:11. The new testament being that of the teachings given to the 12 Apostles by the Holy Spirit. Please read Matthew 13 from verse 25 and see what Jesus daid about the wheat and the tares, the answer to the parable is given later in the same chapter.

Formerly Adiaglow
Ed, I just read your reply...that is so beautiful that you experienced that! What a blessing, especially the end to addiction. Praise God!
Maureen, isn't that the wonderful thing about God....we don't even have to ask. He knows what we need before we do! But to ask with faith and confidence makes Him smile. He is a marvelous God!