• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Seriously ill

Staff Member
I will try and explain something to you. We can ask God to heal us and we can speak out the scriptures which speak of healing and Jesus paid the price when He died for us. In the Bible those who came to Jesus for healing were healed.

These days some get healed because of the faith they have to believe they will be healed.

I know that not all get healed as Jennifer Larcombe is one who is disabled but doing work for God despite this.

One day we will all be healed and whole when we join Jesus.

Some are healed here on the earth. We do not know why some do not receive healing here. Some God wants to use in their disabilities to reach out to others.

Isaiah 55:9
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

You will grow spiritually as you feed on the Word the Bible. You are a baby Christian and therefore it is hard to understand a lot of things. Just keep reading the Word or listening to it as that is how your faith will grow.

God bless

Love in Christ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Thank you for expaining that to me.

The physical pain is very bad at the moment and it hurts so much to even get out of bed. I would appreciate anybody's prayers for me.

Thank you

Staff Member
Father I pray that you will ease the pain of this dear sister. I pray that she would be released from such pain and if it is Your will that she would be healed completely from the top of her head to the soles of her feet in Jesus' name amen. Thank you Jesus that You hear our prayers and answer them in Your perfect timing.

Staff Member
Amen sister Give God the glory for what He is doing in your life.

Thank you Jesus for taking away a lot of the pain.

You are wonderful Lord and I love you because You first loved me.

God bless

Thank you for replying. In all honesty, I don't understand, but I feel too upset to try to work it out now.

Thank you for your time, but I need to go back to bed again.

Sorry to be a nuisance, but thank you!
SadEyes, you are not a nuisance. We love you and God loves you.

SLE

THAT is so thoughtful of you to say.

Unfortunately, I can not, at this moment, receive your words fully - however true they are.

That makes me very sad, but hopefully one day (soon?) I will be free to receive them fully.

Thank you so much for writing such kind words.

Sorry to be back with basically the same prayer request, but I am feeling very, very ill tonight. I feel very weak and the pain is bad.

Will you pray for me please?

Staff Member
Father I pray that you would set this dear sister free from pain and let her enjoy the abundant life that You came to give us. Please strengthen her from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. Surround her with your love too in Jesus' name amen. Thank you Jesus.

Staff Member
I found out some more information on healing for you sister.
Hope this will help you too.

It is not God's will that any should live in sickness or emotional distress. It is His will that all be healed. Jesus healed all that came to Him; He refused no one. His death and atonement not only healed us of the sin problem, but was also for our physical problems.

"When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses" (Matthew 8:16-17). If Jesus took them for us, we are not to take those sicknesses.
SALVATION FROM SIN AND SICKNESS

Once we understand where sickness comes from, we can understand how we are able to get rid of it. God's Word reveals that sickness originated with sin and now it is being spread by Satan. God's Word teaches that forgiveness of sin and healing of the body go hand in hand. Healing is just as easy to receive from God as forgiveness of sins. One of Satan's primary objectives is to discredit God by spoiling our bodies with sickness. Being created in the image of God, we are caught in the middle of this spiritual battle. Satan is described as a roaring lion who is seeking whom he may devour. (I Peter 5:8 says, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour.") Satan will devour us with disease and sickness if we allow him to do so. Our great advantage is that God sent His Son to destroy the works of the devil. "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil" (I John 3:8).

When Jesus shed His blood on the cross for our salvation from sin, He also bore the stripes on His body for our healing from sickness. Jesus was beaten by Roman lashes that literally tore pieces of flesh from His back. They were the stripes by which Isaiah and Peter say we were healed. "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed" (I Peter 2:24).

We can't serve the Lord the way He wants us to if we are sick in our bodies. He wants us whole: spirit, soul, and body. He desires this wholeness to continue to spread until our families are whole and the body of Christ is whole. Those that are walking in physical wholeness should not point their fingers at those members that are still sick, but rather uphold them so they can also come into wholeness.

Those that are still sick should not feel condemned if they are seeking God for healing. Our answers don't always come instantly, so we are not to be discouraged and walk as defeated Christians. We are to rise above our problems, knowing that as we continue to follow Jesus, the problems will be corrected. We must not allow the enemy to talk us out of our position in Christ. He will attempt to discourage us by telling us we will never be healed, nor become an overcomer. One of Satan's favorite tricks when people are believing God for healing is to point out someone who was believing for healing, but instead of being healed, got worse or died. Then the devil tries to convince us that they were better Christians than we are, so therefore how can we expect God to heal us? We should never base the answers to our prayer requests on what other people receive or do not receive.

Man's experience should be judged in the light of God's Word, not God's Word in the light of man's experiences. When we see failures in others, we must remember that does not mean we must fail. We may not understand why others are not healed, but only God sees the hearts of men. So we must leave those questions regarding others to Him. We must trust His Word and allow the Lord to show us the way. We should always keep our eyes on Jesus and not on men. Men will fail us, but Jesus will never fail.

When we desire healing, we must remember to seek Jesus for who He is, and not just for what He can do for us. We need to seek Jesus the Healer, not the Healer, Jesus. Healing is the bread for God's children and we shall receive that bread as we follow Him. Jesus replied to a Gentile woman seeking Him for healing of her daughter.

"...It is not meet to the take children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their master's table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour" (Matthew 15:26-28). If sinners can get the crumbs (many are being saved and healed at the same time), those who have known God for years are certainly entitled to their healing.

We must ask the Lord to renew our minds until we are able to receive as the little Syrophenician (Gentile) woman did. She was willing to consider herself as a dog if that was what it took to receive God's blessings. Many are too proud to come as this woman did, so they still have not received. It is easier for them to keep their sickness rather than to admit that perhaps their doctrine has been wrong. We must come with a humble heart to receive from our Lord.

Jesus referred to Himself as the "living bread," and those who ate of this bread would live forever. When the life of Christ Jesus flows into us, that life will produce healing.

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you" (John 6:51-53).

Only those who have spiritual understanding can comprehend the meaning of Jesus' words. The sacrifice of Jesus' life on the cross paid the price for the sins of all mankind. His spilled blood and torn flesh bring life to those who accept Him as Saviour. It is a great mystery as to why His innocent life was required as a sacrifice for your sins and mine. We cannot intellectually understand the vicarious suffering of the Lord, nor why this was the plan through which salvation would come. Those religions, however, that do not accept the atoning work of Jesus Christ have become bloodless theologies without power. As the Scripture says in Hebrews 9:22,"...without shedding of blood is no remission."

from bible.com

God bless

Last edited:
Lord

Hold Sadeyes close

Keep her safe and warm and secure in your presense
Comfort her in times of fear
Reassure her with your un-ending love and care
Heal her heart and soul, Uphold her earthly body and give her strength beyond our understanding.

Lord of all, Be so close to sadeyes :love: In Jesus name

Amen

Last edited:
prayer request for sadeyes

hi all

as you might of seen, sadeyes, is finding it very hard to understand that god loves her. I'm kind of worry about her, I thou maybe if we prayed for her, she might feel more closer to god:confused:

My prayer for sadeyes:

dear God
I come to you in prayer, please help sadeyes, show her how much you need her, and help her to find her way to you, she is trying to look for you. heavenly Father, she feel like she no good for you, I ask you to show her how much you love her.
in your name
amen.

I hope this prayer is ok:confused: :confused:

Lord

Strengthen her

Uphold her

Be near Her

May she feel your all emcompassing, powerful love

Lord Jesus :love: Thank you for holding sadeyes in your open, cradling arms

Thank you Sleepy and Minory Girl for your prayers.

The good news is that physically, I am feeling much stronger than I did yesterday.

Last edited:
Dear Sadeyes, may God bless you and keep you for your resilience in the face of such suffering - He understands your pain - cry out to Him - cry out to Jesus - KEEP REACHING OUT - believe and trust that His hand is there to guide you - HE WILL NEVER LEAVE NOR FORSAKE YOU - He knows what you are facing every day - He knows your turmoil and anxieties. Cast your cares on Jesus - tell Him what you are feeling, thinking, fearing, struggling with and let Him share the depth of what you are experiencing - He knows and can handle it but He wants you to let him in - to trust intimately your Saviour.

Listen carefully for the still small voice of God speaking to your Spirit - as deep calls to deep.

If it is easier than reading, try listening to an audio version of the Bible on CD or tape while you are lying still. Why do you feel worthless? The truth is that you are precious and honoured in God's sight - it is good to check out your thoughts and feelings with others and pray for guidance to the truth of God's Word - it is possible to be deceived by fear - 'false evidence appearing real'. HOLD ON TO THE TRUTH OF GOD'S LOVE.

Dear God, please help Sadeyes to know how loved she is by you.

Sadeyes, i believe Jesus says by His Holy Spirit that he yearns for you.

Psalm 91 is a beautiful testimony of God's tenderness and protection towards the believer - also read Isaiah 43:-

But now, O Sadeyes, the LORD who created you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour. I gave Egypt, Ethiopa, and Seba as a ransom for your freedom. Others died that you might live. I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. You are honoured, and I love you.

(Is 43:1-7 NLT)

It is a privilege to pray for you Sadeyes, may God bless you and keep you. Guard your heart by meditating on God's Words - He says 'you are precious to me' - this is the truth.

Rachel :girl_hug:

Well Rachel15, you certainly have made me cry with your beautiful post.

If you've read the posts that I wrote 10/15 minutes ago, you will know that I have given up searching for the answers to what I thought were straight forward questions.

I am exhausted.

I was just about to log off and I found your post - and it has broken me.

Is Jesus really yearning for me - Wow!

Am I really precious?
Am I really loved?

I feel very ill at the moment, but I think that that is primarily due to the exhaustion that I am feeling as I try to find answers and know what to do. This is all so new to me and it is like trying to do a million piece jigsaw with a blind-fold on!!!!!!!

I have got to go to bed and rest before I collapse.

Thank you for your prayer

Staff Member
1 Peter 2

1Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
The Living Stone and a Chosen People
4As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For in Scripture it says:
"See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame."[a] 7Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
"The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone,"[c] 8and,
"A stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall."[d] They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Isaiah 43
Israel's Only Savior
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,

I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his [a] ;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

How high how wide how deep is His love for you.
So high you cannot get over it
so low you cannot get under it
so wide you cannot get round it.

Hope these scriptures will show you that you are indeed precious and loved.

You need to believe it. You have so much to learn we are all learning every day.

It does take time. Be hungry for the Word of God which will help you grow.

God bless

Thank you LLJ for your post. I hope that you have a computer Bible, because if not, that was a lot for you to type out!!!!!!

I went to bed very upset last night and consequently have not slept well. I feel very ill again at the moment and have chest pains which makes breathing difficult.

I feel very weak and am going back to bed.

Please pray for me.