• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Separating obedient from perfect

Loyal
@At Peace

above you asked for a example of accidental sin, that is easy.

killing someone by accident say in a car accident, would be a example.

telling someone some thing that is wrong by accident because you were confused.

Active
@At Peace
above you asked for a example of accidental sin, that is easy.
killing someone by accident say in a car accident, would be a example.
telling someone some thing that is wrong by accident because you were confused.
If you didn't do "it" to satisfy some lust, it isn't a sin.
James writes..." But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." (James 1:14-15)
Without a temptation, lust, enticement, AND conception, there is no sin.
I thank God for this following scripture...
"And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)
Those that are Christ's have killed the lusts we once had.
Without that link of the "chain", there can be no sinning.

Active
No.
You either are or you are not obedient.
I can't explain what God does.
He can use the best of men and the worst of men to get His agenda done.

That is simply not an explanation.

In the parable of the servants given talents Matt 25:14-30. We see they were given talents according to their ability. Their obedience.

When Jesus went to pray, not a single disciple stayed up Matt 26:40. You saying you would? They were not perfect like you?

If you were perfectly obedient, you would not be married like Paul 1 Cor 7.

Are you typing here whilst sitting at an orphanage? Or has God got some other person at the orphanage?.... ''according to His agenda''.

Active
That is simply not an explanation.
In the parable of the servants given talents Matt 25:14-30. We see they were given talents according to their ability. Their obedience.
What were they to be obedient to?
They were told to "occupy to their several ability".
The one who did nothing had no "ability".

When Jesus went to pray, not a single disciple stayed up Matt 26:40. You saying you would? They were not perfect like you?
Hardly a fair comparison.
They had not been baptized into Christ and into His death. burial, and resurrection, so were still walking in the flesh.
It wasn't till after His death that we were given the ability to crucify the flesh and be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)

If you were perfectly obedient, you would not be married like Paul 1 Cor 7.
That is a doctrine that Paul wrote about so we could identify those that "departed from the faith". (1 Tim 4:1-3)
Your misinterpretation of verse 7 disregards verse 2.

Are you typing here whilst sitting at an orphanage? Or has God got some other person at the orphanage?.... ''according to His agenda''.
If the orphans needed me I would be there, to the glory of God and the name of Jesus Christ.
Are you at an orphanage?
Or is your own judgement back-firing on you?

Staff Member
Good Morning @At Peace

So are you saying that you never ever commit a sin?

Your thoughts are always pure?

Your actions are always perfect?

That your Christian walk is always perfect?

Always without fail ever since you were saved?

Please could you answer with a simple Yes or No, in order that what you seem to be saying can be clearly established.

Thank you brother.

Active
If the orphans needed me I would be there, to the glory of God and the name of Jesus Christ.
Are you at an orphanage?
Or is your own judgement back-firing on you?
I have not helped at an orphanage in a long time. As I said elsewhere, If I truthfully judge myself I am likely close to repaying God only three of the five talents He has given me.

What is the repayment he can expect from a perfectly obedient person? 10 x, 100 x, 1000 x?

I see God using someone like David, of whom He said ''there is a guy I can use for anything'', for leading the Jews. David repaid 100 x what God gave him. I see Mother Theresa, repaying 100 x too. I see my friends repaying 10 x. I am truly wondering if you come close to 100 x, albeit those there are far from perfect. I would imagine perfect service to God be on par with a witness in the tribulation blowing fireballs out their mouth.

Active
Good Morning @At Peace

So are you saying that you never ever commit a sin?

Your thoughts are always pure?

Your actions are always perfect?

That your Christian walk is always perfect?

Always without fail ever since you were saved?

Please could you answer with a simple Yes or No, in order that what you seem to be saying can be clearly established.

Thank you brother.
Yes.
Men and women who love God need not sin anymore.
It is the product of rebirth from Godly seed that cannot bear evil fruit.

Active
I have not helped at an orphanage in a long time. As I said elsewhere, If I truthfully judge myself I am likely close to repaying God only three of the five talents He has given me.
If you see an area that needs improvement, act accordingly to improve.

What is the repayment he can expect from a perfectly obedient person? 10 x, 100 x, 1000 x?
Semantics.
Obedience is only measured in a yes-no configuration.
The gifts given us by God are to be used to their fullest extent.
Got money?
Be generous.
Got strength?
Be there for those who need a strong back.
Got great wisdom or knowledge?
Be there to guide and comfort.

I see God using someone like David, of whom He said ''there is a guy I can use for anything'', for leading the Jews. David repaid 100 x what God gave him. I see Mother Theresa, repaying 100 x too. I see my friends repaying 10 x. I am truly wondering if you come close to 100 x, albeit those there are far from perfect. I would imagine perfect service to God be on par with a witness in the tribulation blowing fireballs out their mouth.
Got a talent?
Use it to the glory of God and to the name of Jesus Christ.

Loyal
Yes, I do say that.
We don't have to commit sin anymore, since Jesus made a way to kill the flesh and walk in the Spirit.
Thanks be to God!
Exactly AND yet believers must grow and develop in Christ to overcome some areas of sin in their lives.

Its not correct to say some one is not born again or does not love God simply because they have not over come all sin in their lives.

In fact we could see that action as sin.

Active
Exactly AND yet believers must grow and develop in Christ to overcome some areas of sin in their lives.
If they repented of sin, they don't still commit sin.

Its not correct to say some one is not born again or does not love God simply because they have not over come all sin in their lives.
You are in error.
A man who does something against the seed he is allegedly reborn of manifests who his real father is.
The devil. (1 John 3:6-10)

In fact we could see that action as sin.
Would it be more righteous to allow them to continue on in their "area"?

Loyal
If they repented of sin, they don't still commit sin.

NOT TRUE

You are in error.
A man who does something against the seed he is allegedly reborn of manifests who his real father is.
The devil. (1 John 3:6-10)

NOT TRUE

Would it be more righteous to allow them to continue on in their "area"?

IT WOULD BE MORE BETTER TO ENCOURAGE THEM THAT THEY CAN OVER COME THEN TO CONDEMN THEM IN ERROR.

EXCUSE THE CAPS - NOT YELLING THANK YOU

Loyal
Yes, I do say that.
We don't have to commit sin anymore, since Jesus made a way to kill the flesh and walk in the Spirit.
Thanks be to God!

@At Peace your Love for Christ is evident but your thinking is flawed, were you fully mature Christian the second you got saved?? you need to humble your self brother and realize we are all maturing at different rates and are at different stages in our walk with Christ. any time we are not encouraging brothers we are discouraging and that comes from the evil one not From God.

Sin is so sneaky people can sin and do not even know it, and when we discourage people is that not a sin?

Active
IT WOULD BE MORE BETTER TO ENCOURAGE THEM THAT THEY CAN OVER COME THEN TO CONDEMN THEM IN ERROR.

EXCUSE THE CAPS - NOT YELLING THANK YOU
Condemn?
Would I be condemning someone who I told not to stand on the edge of a cliff?
Would you rather let me allow "him" to think he was not in error?
Why not compare my comment to the scripture I provided and see the truth, one way or the other?

Active
@At Peace your Love for Christ is evident but your thinking is flawed, were you fully mature Christian the second you got saved??
What I was, from the first second of my conversion was...converted...from a lover and servant of sin to a lover and servant of God.
Jesus is the vine we are part of, right?
How can we, part of Jesus, bring forth evil fruit?
We can't.

You need to humble your self brother and realize we are all maturing at different rates and are at different stages in our walk with Christ. any time we are not encouraging brothers we are discouraging and that comes from the evil one not From God.
Here is some encouragement...
If you have been reborn of God's seed, you have all the power of God to resist sin.

Sin is so sneaky people can sin and do not even know it, and when we discourage people is that not a sin?
You can't hide behind hypothetical "not even know it is sin".
You've got a conscience.
Use it!
Stop "representing" for the wicked!
Stop lending credibility to the "not even know it is sin" crowd.
Everybody knows whether or not their actions serve God or themselves.
Ignorance won't be an excuse men can use at the final judgement..

Loyal
Condemn?
Would I be condemning someone who I told not to stand on the edge of a cliff?
Would you rather let me allow "him" to think he was not in error?
Why not compare my comment to the scripture I provided and see the truth, one way or the other?
But we are not talking about some one standing on a cliff now are we.

We are talking about something even more dangerous then standing on a cliff now aren't we.

We are talking about another person's walk in Christ.
In which you quickly tear down if they are not perfect such as your self. You judge your life and actions one way and others anothet way.

No One just instantly went from unsaved to perfected in Christ never making mistskes including your self.

You are quick to claim that others are not saved or don't love God because they are still growing and learning to overcome areas just as every born again believer does.

That is a dangerous approach unto some one who is dealing with something and learning to overcome.

In Fact it's EXACTLY what our enemy the devil does.

That's what we are talking about.
Blessings to you

Loyal
You can't hide behind hypothetical "not even know it is sin".
You've got a conscience.
Use it!
Stop "representing" for the wicked!
Stop lending credibility to the "not even know it is sin" crowd.
Everybody knows whether or not their actions serve God or themselves.
Ignorance won't be an excuse men can use at the final judgement..
Now that's a bunch of........