• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Rick Warren

Staff Member
well let also remember "the church'ish is notorious for eating it's own wounded alive and sometimes if they are good warriors .. and even if they are not wounded.
and anyone which kind of smacks with any kind of truth is fair game to the enemy. so let not believe anything we read and only 1/2 of what we see ok..

1st
I have hired heathens, some even from church <LOL> does that make me a sinner or a false prophet ?

@so I am in the same lump as Mr warren it seems?

2 if I said " the church of god is not acting like the Acts 2 church and it should act Like the Acts 2 church .. the does that make me a Communi.....???? cult member? if it is even a cult .. because I know we as his "church" are not doing as he intended. and that america is independent and pretty much a nation of goats and the only thing that will fix it is real persecution, that always fixes a lot of useless religiousness stuff..

@so that seems to put me in the same lump with mr warren again .

3. I did read alot of his comments about gay marriage and such and I sure liked all his answers way better than the ones who were hating on him . they did all that hating in thier attempts to 'save" the church from biggots.

@so it appears mr warren and I ended up in the same lump again.

4. now isn't Yoga an exercise fad? and isn't all things legal but not all things are beneficial?
well where does exercize progams/fads fit into that idea?
because if God told me to go to where ever and he made himself clear I would go anywhere he told me to go . including and exercise fad program bar or anyplace else. as chances are they will never sway me to do or believe anything ever, so I am not afraid of anything because God and his son has taught me he is NOW bigger than my ability to be deceived.
but not always was he bigger to me.. but now He is bigger than me to me . boy were those some rough lessons.
anyway so again I find myself in the same lump as mr warren.

and if you ever watched the olympics, well that was a worship to the gods at one time, if you watch that , now does that make you a sinner?
/ and if you ever did easter eggs and bunnies well those were kind of worship too
and Xmas and santa clause too..
and not even bring up holloween.
if I had to judge... I would much prefer that you do yoga exercise , than most every "american Holiday" ! but the whole church does those and worse heathen acts :shock::secret:.

but in christ

1 Corinthians 6:12
All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

Mark 4:24
And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
so other than those things you brought up I don't know anything about him and so I do not wish to be judged for hiring some "christians" heathens or non christian heathens either. so I will not judge him on any of those matters you brought up, because I am in a simular lump. be very careful who and how you judge other christians. especially if they have punched the enemy of god enough to stir the hornets nest. just pray for them, because the hornets like to make major trauma and drama to sway people into politics of ugliness and lawlessness and all that goes with it , so be careful ok

“Rick Warren Cites New Age Leader “A Wonderful Deception” pg 16
In The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren introduces his main themes of “hope” and “purpose.” Inexplicably, Warren chooses to introduce “hope” and “purpose” in his book by citing Dr. Bernie Siegel-a veteran New Age leader who claims to have a spirit-guide named George.1 Somehow, readers of the Purpose Driven Life are expected to believe that God inspired Warren to introduce the themes of hope and purpose by referencing the “wisdom” of Bernie Siegel, and author and leader in the New Age movement. But the Bible warns that this kind of worldly and completely mislead unbelievers:
This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. (James 3:15)
Let us not therefore judge one another anymore: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way. (Romans 14:13)”
Note: 1. Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2002), pp. 30-31; Bernie Siegel, Love, Medicine & Miracles (New York, NY: Harper-Collins Publishers: HarperPerennial, 1998), pp. 18-20…”

As I was trying to find a link to the above article I also came across this which is from a different source:
“Incidentally, Rick Warren’s reference to Bernie Siegel immediately followed him talking about Isaiah and Job as two men who exemplified life “without purpose” and life “without God.”
"Without God, life has no purpose, and without purpose, life has no meaning. Without meaning, life has no significance or hope. In the Bible, many different people expressed this hopelessness. Isaiah complained, “I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing.” Job said, 'My life drags by—day after hopeless day” and “I give up; I am tired of living. Leave me alone. My life makes no sense.' The greatest tragedy is not death, but life without purpose. [Zondervan; 1st edition (October 1, 2002) Page 30]
It is a little hard to believe that a Christian pastor can mention men without purpose, and Isaiah and Job all in the same paragraph.. A closer look at Isaiah’s words show that he was, in fact, lamenting that his ministry was having little success. However he consoles himself with the reflection that his cause was with God, and that his labors would not go unrewarded. Job’s words in Job 7:6 had to do with the fact that everything had been taken from him, including his children and health. He had no hope that his miseries were going to be, in any way, alleviated. Neither quote had anything to do with “a life without purpose” or being “without God.”

Link reference:Rick Warren New Age

Until I started to research this to provide you a snap shot of where the statements came from, I was totally unaware of this part! In all honesty I have not read the book. I couldn’t get past the “contract” that was on the insert! Between me and God? I have something that is greater than any contract that can be forged by man and that is the blood of Christ and the grace of the Most High that He choose me! Don’t need any additional contracts! I don’t why but my initial reaction was to be reminded of the story of Daniel Webster and the Devil. Some here might have issues with God’s Law and its applicability to us as believers, but would have no problem signing this document which I guess is as legal as you can get! Amazing to me!
So sister, it’s great that you pick individual items so that you can “lump” yourself with the esteemed Mr. Warren, but I will not. Your glorying [is] not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 1 Cor 5:6
If even one part of the 4 items you mentioned were off, I would hesitate. The part of Yoga, which you mention of, and compare with other American holidays is a valid comparison; however, one wrong doesn’t make the other right. Below is a link to what a Hindu says about Christian Yoga! When you read this article just remember God does not share His glory!

Link reference: There is no Christian Yoga : Baba Prem blogs on sulekha, Current Affairs blogs, Baba Prem blog from india

I pray that you don’t take this as a slam in anyway. Just as with many of my posts lately, it seems to come down to discernment. I’ve mentioned this quote before from Haddon Spurgeon who said “Discernment is not knowing right from wrong, but right from almost right”. Hope this post isn’t too big to get posted! Please no malicious intent in this, if you feel wronged than I apologize ahead of time to you. If it has angered you in anyway I beg your forgiveness. There is so much deception going on in the world even in my own church, the tears just keep on coming! I yearn to find that perfect place to worship, pray fellowship, learn, and grow in knowledge of our God, our Lord. I so long for Heaven!