• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

RESTRAINING ORDER Filed Against Grace Community Church by Los Angeles County

Staff Member
Its "like" the flu, everyone knows its not the flu, its just being compared to the flu. Yet the flu has been much deadlier every year without the media hype, WITH vaccines, and without masks except when being around someone who might be more suspectable.
Dear Brother,
This might help clarify the differences, and the similarities.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
Dear Brother,
You do like to generalize at times.
Maybe, if you added the word "professing" in front of "most Christians", it might be worth considering, but most? Remember, the devil is in the details :cool:

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Honestly, if your would notice on many of my post, I refused to even use the word "Christian" when referring to my self, I will never claim that identity and do not want anybody to label with that garment. Mainly because of the "etymology" of that name. The definition of that word changes as the "wind blows"! And I try very hard to remove it from my "vocabulary". So I try to used words that people can identify. And I still come into a error that pleases not man! Man is a hard creature to please! But this post will help and aid me to eliminate it completely from my IPad, iPhone and computer. The word "Christian" will so be "Band" or "excommunicated" upon my devices "forever and forever and ever more". Now let see if that "pleases" man. I hope he's happy now! Because, I am so joyful and bubbling with delight-ness running over!:joy:

Hey Nick, Dave M, should be greatly relived he will not have to tackle that "beast" the word called "xxxxxxxxxx" never again with me! I hope I don't forget about that Word, because I am getting older and "Alzheimer's" effects. "What was that word?" Too!:p I forgot.

Staff Member
Dear Brother,
I would hope that most people who speak/read/write English take the "Christian" from Acts 11:26. Meaning a follower of Christ. However, not knowing the original autographs, it could have easily been another word, but a rose by any other name is still a rose.

Don't worry about me calling you Christian, since you'd rather not use it to identify yourself, and if I'm not mistaken, given them in Antioch by unbelievers. I prefer Brother in Christ. :cool:
However, if I do forget to do so, in the future. I hope you will forgive me my failure in memory.

With the Love Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
Its "like" the flu, everyone knows its not the flu, its just being compared to the flu. Yet the flu has been much deadlier every year without the media hype, WITH vaccines, and without masks except when being around someone who might be more suspectable.
He doesn't say coronavirus is like a flu. He twice calls it flu. I don't know if this is due to ignorance or a willing deception.

Loyal
(Acts 11:26). that coined. word "Christian" was given by the "Atheist Pagan idol worshipping" people at "Antioch" to "The People of The Way" that follow "The Way"! It represented a group of people who "committed a incest, who slept with their brothers and sisters and were cannibals also who ate flesh and Drunk blood in secret meeting who followed "Jesus" it was a derogatory title. Outsiders did not understand the array of "Jesus words"!

(John6).
53Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Many Disciples Desert Jesus

60On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?” "They do longer walked with Jesus"

I knew this stuff back in 1979 1st. Time Of reading the Bible. I thank God, "The Presbyterians" leadership told me, When they 1st. Talked to them that "No Pastor or Ministerial Leadership or "Bibiblcal instructor" could teach me. That GOD Himself when teach me! And they gave me a Good Bible or they wrote it down and this one is for you! And sent me on my way! And they almost fell out there in the middle of the floor, so drunk in the "Holy Ghost" they could not walk! I lie to you not! Now imagine me, dumb as I know what, saying these people are crazy, Talking about God is going to teach me! Teach me what!
:joy: I learn all by my self what biblical words were, I learn about "The Holy Spirit", the different types of ways "Lord" was spelled in my Bible. I knew what the Trinity was before I knew there was a word called "Trinity" I knew "What the "Doctrine of The Trinity was before I knew there was a "Doctrine of The Trinity"! I learn about mostly all these things before "Serminary". That was when I found out there was "word definition" to things I all ready knew! I was dumb as a box of rocks! And when I started "Lecturing to Pastors" and Preaching to them is another Story! In closed Sessions! And you know I am rough with words!

So I know what the word "Christian" originally meant". Yes it meant followers of Jesus, who commit, incest, cannibals who ate human flesh, and they drunk human blood. The RCC change it meaning to a more kinder form, like the rest of the world wide of into a title group of "Christianity" Christians through out the world.

Loyal
The word "Christian" is only mention in the Whole Bible about 3 Times, and in Antioch it is not a good thing, but derogatory and not good. So many have change its meaning into something good. But the followers of "Jesus Christ" in the NT are called, "The People of The Way". "The Way"!

Staff Member
(Acts 11:26). that coined. word "Christian" was given by the "Atheist Pagan idol worshipping" people at "Antioch" to "The People of The Way" that follow "The Way"! It represented a group of people who "committed a incest, who slept with their brothers and sisters and were cannibals also who ate flesh and Drunk blood in secret meeting who followed "Jesus" it was a derogatory title. Outsiders did not understand the array of "Jesus words"!

(John6).
53Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Many Disciples Desert Jesus

60On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?” "They do longer walked with Jesus"

I knew this stuff back in 1979 1st. Time Of reading the Bible. I thank God, "The Presbyterians" leadership told me, When they 1st. Talked to them that "No Pastor or Ministerial Leadership or "Bibiblcal instructor" could teach me. That GOD Himself when teach me! And they gave me a Good Bible or they wrote it down and this one is for you! And sent me on my way! And they almost fell out there in the middle of the floor, so drunk in the "Holy Ghost" they could not walk! I lie to you not! Now imagine me, dumb as I know what, saying these people are crazy, Talking about God is going to teach me! Teach me what!
:joy: I learn all by my self what biblical words were, I learn about "The Holy Spirit", the different types of ways "Lord" was spelled in my Bible. I knew what the Trinity was before I knew there was a word called "Trinity" I knew "What the "Doctrine of The Trinity was before I knew there was a "Doctrine of The Trinity"! I learn about mostly all these things before "Serminary". That was when I found out there was "word definition" to things I all ready knew! I was dumb as a box of rocks! And when I started "Lecturing to Pastors" and Preaching to them is another Story! In closed Sessions! And you know I am rough with words!

So I know what the word "Christian" originally meant". Yes it meant followers of Jesus, who commit, incest, cannibals who ate human flesh, and they drunk human blood. The RCC change it meaning to a more kinder form, like the rest of the world wide of into a title group of "Christianity" Christians through out the world.
Dear Brother,
I'm curious since you perceive Christian as the idol worshippers of Antioch did, then how do you perceive the Cross considering it's origin?
Also, would you then say that the use of Christian in 1 Peter 4:16 is incorrectly translated?

As for myself. I never see myself as ever growing in His Word to the level anywhere above a box of rocks! :cool:

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
Dear Brother,
I'm curious since you perceive Christian as the idol worshippers of Antioch did, then how do you perceive the Cross considering it's origin?
Also, would you then say that the use of Christian in 1 Peter 4:16 is incorrectly translated?

As for myself. I never see myself as ever growing in His Word to the level anywhere above a box of rocks! :cool:

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Sorry, don't you have a set of hard copies of "ISBE"?

Loyal
Dear Brother,

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
You are not understanding what I am saying In post # 29 I did mention "etymology" implicitly. Concerning the word [christian]. You cannot get any sounder.

Staff Member
Sorry, don't you have a set of hard copies of "ISBE"?
Nope. Online Only.
You are not understanding what I am saying In post # 29 I did mention "etymology" implicitly. Concerning the word [christian]. You cannot get any sounder.
Actually #29 is my post brother. You must mean the one I quoted which is #27, which by implication can easily fall by the wayside to me, due to my box of rocks syndrome. Also, in retrospect, the usage by those in Antioch, as you said: "It represented a group of people who "committed a incest, who slept with their brothers and sisters and were cannibals also who ate flesh and Drunk blood in secret meeting who followed "Jesus" it was a derogatory title." If given thought, one can see how the unbeliever might attribute those things to the followers of the Way, and want to identify them with a word more in line with what they perceived them to be. That being the case, if one were to give it further thought through a believers eyes. Are we not Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus, while still being married to our spouse, and communion seen in the light of darkness could easily be seen as being cannibalistic in nature? Still, I am also of the mind that God can change what is meant for evil, to good. So the usage of Christian, though disturbing in its origins, does not give me pause in using it to the good, as you have yourself done so here at TJ. :cool:

In my post #29, my point had more to do with if you believed the usage of Christian due to its origins is something that should not be used. Considering the origin of the Cross, wouldn't that also be something that should be verboten to us as well?

With the love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><