• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Rely with Quote

Don't know where to ask this question so first please accept my apologize if this question is in the wrong place.

The question is when you "Rely with Quote" how can you do a partial Quote, just a section of it, without deleting?

Trish

Not sure what your question means Sister. A little more info would help if that is possible

God Bless You

If I don't want to Quote the whole thing that is written, just a section of it, how can I do it?

Trish

I will try to explain what I am saying, not to good at this.

In the counseling forum, Coconut wrote a reply to a post and a piece of it caught my attention. When I "reply with quote" it quoted the whole section of what Coconut said, so I deleted most of it. I wanted a particular piece to stand out because it is the heart of a message.

Is there a way to do this, instead of quoting the whole thing, which everyone can read for themselves, and just quote a piece of it that caught your attention.

Trish

Administrator
Staff Member
Highlight the text you want to quote, the click the colored highlighter icon to the bottom right of that user's post.

Trishann: Here's how I do it. When you click to reply with quote, you will see the entire post beginning with "QUOTE" bracketed ([ and ]) and ending with "/QUOTE" (also bracketed). the QUOTE preceeded by a backward slash (/) means "End Quote". You can move the brackets ( [ or ]) with your cursor.I backspace the ] bracket at the end of the post to the end of the portion I wish to quote. Then I move my cursor to the beginning of the portion I wish to quote and backspace to the QUOTE, i.e. QUOTE=Trishann;137810, at the beginning of the post.That completed, I type "Enter" on the keyboard to move down a line or two to type my message. There must be an [ bracket at the front of your quote and an ] bracket at the end.

I hope this helps.

SLE

Last edited:
There's actually an simple way to do this. If i know got it right what you are looking for.

The question is when you "Rely with Quote" how can you do a partial Quote, just a section of it, without deleting?

I selected the text you wrote and clicked the button which looks like this:

quickquote.gif